Possible comback for my radio show on Youtube.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Possible comback for my radio show on Youtube.

For those familure, I did two shows, "BJs&BS" but I also had my own show on Freethoughtmedia called "Did I Think That Or Say It".

Now before anyone gets their hopes up, or wants to start throwing tomatoes at me, this is a testing phase to see if it is possible.

It will not be video, as I want to spare humanity from my monsterous looks. But, if this testing phase goes well, I hope to put new audio up on the following channel once a week as a dose of epicac to induce vomiting.

So here is the link, but remember that I am in the testing phase and I do not know the time frame of all this. I am just praying to Jake that he wont smote me for my comment in the other thread about him not being a god.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here is the link.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I didn't know you used to

I didn't know you used to have a show. I'll have to check this out when I get home. Smiling

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Youtube angle did not

The Youtube angle did not work out, and the other attempt at Blogcrapradio.scum, turned out to be crap too.

I am looking at another website "talkshoe" to see the viability of doing a show. So far it looks promising, but then again, so did the previous opitions. I will keep you posted.

It has been far too long since I have done a show and I am chomping at the bit, considering all the atheist talk that has been in recient news all over the country.

Bob Spense is going to be my producer and sidekick. He is looking into it at this point. His computer is much faster and will better host the show than my dino computer abicus.

ANYWHO, hope to be back on air soon.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
OK, I use youtube to

OK, I use youtube to post my music. As far as I can see, there is no way to make a single work that is an hour long. However, there are two workarounds. Both of them will require you to split your shown into segments that are no more than ten minutes long, which may actually make it easier for you and Bob to put them together because you can take that as an opportunity to split your show into segments that are easier to handle.

Anyway, you can use a still pic or just use a black rectangle for the image part of your video.

Then when you want to put up a show, put up the segments in reverse order. Set the segments as "this is a response to:" and link it to the next one (that was actually posted just prior). Done that way, what you think of as part 1 will appear as a response to part 2 and so on. Then your listeners can just click through the response links to get to each segment.

Also, once you have all the segments of a show up, you can create a playlist so that once someone clicks on that, all the clips will play in order automatically. That option is slightly more coercive as they have to break out of it manually if they want to and it is not exactly easy to get back to, say part 4 of seven, when they are done with the unexpected phone call or whatever.

The other tip that I will share is that while you can upload any video file to youtube, they will convert it to the format that they prefer, which is flash video/LameMP3. So if you save your finished work that way, it should be available nearly immediately, whereas, if you save it to some other format, it might take an hour before your video is ready to go. I have had some luck with windows media but you still have to get the settings just right to limit the delay. You can try *.wmv/H.264/LameMP3 which also seems to work for me.

Also, for the actual audio editing, if you don't already have a program that you like, I strongly recommend that you get one called “Audacity” which is nearly a professional grade program but is available for free.

You can do all manner of tricks such as having a pair of audio tracks for your voice, another pair for music fade in/out and as many others as you decide to go for to drop in the occasional sound effect.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

OK, I use youtube to post my music. As far as I can see, there is no way to make a single work that is an hour long. However, there are two workarounds. Both of them will require you to split your shown into segments that are no more than ten minutes long, which may actually make it easier for you and Bob to put them together because you can take that as an opportunity to split your show into segments that are easier to handle.

Anyway, you can use a still pic or just use a black rectangle for the image part of your video.

Then when you want to put up a show, put up the segments in reverse order. Set the segments as "this is a response to:" and link it to the next one (that was actually posted just prior). Done that way, what you think of as part 1 will appear as a response to part 2 and so on. Then your listeners can just click through the response links to get to each segment.

Also, once you have all the segments of a show up, you can create a playlist so that once someone clicks on that, all the clips will play in order automatically. That option is slightly more coercive as they have to break out of it manually if they want to and it is not exactly easy to get back to, say part 4 of seven, when they are done with the unexpected phone call or whatever.

The other tip that I will share is that while you can upload any video file to youtube, they will convert it to the format that they prefer, which is flash video/LameMP3. So if you save your finished work that way, it should be available nearly immediately, whereas, if you save it to some other format, it might take an hour before your video is ready to go. I have had some luck with windows media but you still have to get the settings just right to limit the delay. You can try *.wmv/H.264/LameMP3 which also seems to work for me.

Also, for the actual audio editing, if you don't already have a program that you like, I strongly recommend that you get one called “Audacity” which is nearly a professional grade program but is available for free.

You can do all manner of tricks such as having a pair of audio tracks for your voice, another pair for music fade in/out and as many others as you decide to go for to drop in the occasional sound effect.

Why go to all that trouble? I am looking into free websites where I can either do a live show, or schedual a pre recorded show to run. I am looking into "Talkshoe" at this moument.