Reading Posts

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Reading Posts

Hi ! I don't know what forum this belong on,but I'm having a problem reading the whole post , is it my screen or the advertisement on the right hand side of the page,please help me to know why I can't read the entire post on this site.I can read most of it.  

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Are you using firefox?

Are you using firefox?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Firefox

No , I,m using Windows Internet Explorer,I used to use firefox.I can read most of the post,but some that are wider,I have to guess what they are saying by reading the next line.And when I post a new topic,I can read the whole post,why ?

Signature ? How ?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Try this

There should be a  side to side adjustment on your screen right near the roll-up arrow.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Are the posts that you are

Are the posts that you are having trouble with also containing large images?  That will do it at times but then you can use the horizontal scroll bar to see the rest of the image.  With the forums software that we use, the image only affects the specific post and that seems to sound like what you may be dealing with.

Some of the older forum software would build an HTML page dynamically assuming that it should be as wide as the widest post and that would blow out the whole table for that thread.  Then the obvious chaos would follow.  For those forums, I used to have a gif that was 30,000px wide and 2px tall with the single color set to transparent.  That was always fun to drop into threads that were going over the top.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Having had much experience

Having had much experience with this, I can say the best way to fix it is to use Firefox. The best alternative is to open a reply or quote from the post that you're trying to read. Then you can read it in its entirety, as whatever formatting problems there are in the forums do not present themselves in the post preview or quote pages. It takes time to open half the posts though, so Firefox is your best bet. If, like me, you can't post with Firefox for some reason, then use Firefox for browsing and IE for posting.

lol. Computers.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
What is your monitor's

What is your monitor's resolution set at?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I change it depending on

I change it depending on what I'm doing. Doesn't make much of a difference. I'm thinking it's because I use Windows 98 at home. At work there isn't as much difficulty in the posts going outside their borders and off the screen.

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Thanks

Thanks for the info. I'll have to get my sister-in-law to show me how to get firefox,and how to switch back over to Explorer.I'm computer illiterate and very slow on the key board,books are at my pace,but I do find the computer very handy,I got to read up on it,learn all of the new words.    PS ,  aiia, ask me what my monitor is set at ,Well I have no idea,I'll ask my sister -in-law.

Signature ? How ?

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Firefox

Thanks for the link ,I had my sister -in-law downloaded for me,now I have to read about it to see if I can use it on some sites ,then switch back to Explorer ,and do I have to completely shut down one,before I can use the other .again Thanks for the info.

Signature ? How ?

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
ya... sure... download

ya... sure... download fixfox or some other lame as web browser...

OR

Change your resolution ;-p

What Would Kharn Do?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Changing the resolution does

Changing the resolution does nothing.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Changing the

Vastet wrote:

Changing the resolution does nothing.

it does on Internet explorer >.> plz dont ask how i know that... i feel ashamed enough as it is

What Would Kharn Do?

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Firefox

Mozilla Firefox has fixed my problem ,Thanks