California Dreaming

radnomad
User is offlineOffline
California Dreaming

New here, wanted to say hello, and share my background in a nutshell:

41, living and loving Northern California. North of SF, Marin County, Fairfax, CA. Google it. Janis Joplin lived here. I have a parter of 9 yrs. We have no desire to get 'married', but hope for domestic partnership. We are both outspoken atheists.

I was born in Texas, and raised Southern Baptist until I learned to read. Walked out of church at about 10 years old. The chanting and stepford wife robotic cult behavior caused me panic attacks. Still deal with them.

Came out at 14, that was ugly in Texas.

Escaped to Denver. Bit better, but still has that 'redneck' mentality. Met my partner, we moved here to Northern Cali 3 years ago.

It is like another planet. I have never been happier, and while there are many theists here, even pagan/wiccan, etc, the community is equally accepting of atheists. As they should be.

Glad to be here.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the site! Great

Welcome to the site! Great post. Laughing out loud

By the way, I noticed you kept using the term "partner" as opposed to a gender descriptive. Obviously I'm guessing here, but if you have some fears about discrimination due to sexual preference, you can cease to be concerned. There's people of every stripe on this site, and all are welcome. If I went off the deep end with my guess, I apologize in advance. Sticking out tongue

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome aboard. Living just

Welcome aboard. Living just a little south of Fresno here and have been the last 11 years. This area is lot more fundy, but still not too bad.

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

radnomad
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Welcome to the

Vastet wrote:

Welcome to the site! Great post. Laughing out loud

By the way, I noticed you kept using the term "partner" as opposed to a gender descriptive. Obviously I'm guessing here, but if you have some fears about discrimination due to sexual preference, you can cease to be concerned. There's people of every stripe on this site, and all are welcome. If I went off the deep end with my guess, I apologize in advance. Sticking out tongue

Thanks for that, but I prefer the term partner, and no, no fear here about posting openly. Smiling

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the site!

Welcome to the site! Laughing out loud