A nice list of biblical bigotry.

Zymotic
Superfan
Zymotic's picture
Posts: 171
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
A nice list of biblical bigotry.

I was on landoverbaptist.net and I found a list of people going to hell.

 

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51)

The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26)

Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27)

Fornicators (Romans 1:29)

The Wicked (Romans 1:29)

The Covetous (Romans 1:29)

The Malicious (Romans 1:29)

The Envious (Romans 1:29)

Murderers (Romans 1:29)

The Deceitful (Romans 1:29)

Backbiters (Romans 1:30)

Haters of God (Romans 1:30)

The Despiteful (Romans 1:30)

The Proud (Romans 1:30)

Boasters (Romans 1:30)

Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30)

Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30)

Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31)

The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31)

The Implacable (Romans 1:31)

The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9)

Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9),

Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9),

The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9)

Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10)

Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10)

Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10)

Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10)

The Fearful (Revelation 21:Cool

The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:Cool

The Abominable (Revelation 21:Cool

Whoremongers (Revelation 21:Cool

Sorcerers (Revelation 21:Cool

All Liars (Revelation 21:Cool

My Brand New Blog - Jesu Ad Nauseum.
God of the Gaps: As knowledge approaches infinity, God approaches zero. It's introductory calculus.


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2446
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
Oh goody goody

 

        I'm good for ten of those, I'll let others figure out which ten. But there good ones.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13211
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Zymotic wrote:I was on

Zymotic wrote:

I was on landoverbaptist.net and I found a list of people going to hell.

Oh boy..

Note that I'm switching the quote over to the attributable party, just so you don't think I'm directing this to you. Smiling

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51)

You.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26)

I think almost everyone qualifies for this. I doubt that there's many people out there who have forgiven everything that's ever happened to them. I suppose it's possible though. If so, I guess the most accurate count of heaven's population can be found on South Park. I think the tally is 9 to 9 trillion or something.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27)

Strange how having sex with the same sex is a ticket to hell, but fucking a sheep is a ok.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

Fornicators (Romans 1:29)

Here's a beauty. God is supposed to have made us, so it's his fault that we are "designed" to seek out multiple mates. Since god made us this way, and hasn't shown any evidence of his existence or will, it's hypocritical to punish us for it. Chalk this up as a reason to not believe in god, or to oppose him if he exists.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

The Wicked (Romans 1:29)

Ugh. A term that can apply to anything and everything under the sun, provided a point of view exists. Again, a reason to oppose god, not worship him. How about you clearly define wicked? Asshole.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

The Covetous (Romans 1:29)

Everyone has done this. It's too easy. You see something you like that doesn't belong to you, and you're guilty. We don't have nearly enough control over emotional response to prevent this. Again, it's gods fault.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

The Malicious (Romans 1:29)

Malice generally arises from "mistakes" in the "design" of the human brain. Therefore god wanted it that way. Therefore it can't be bad. Therefore, again, god is an asshole.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

The Envious (Romans 1:29)

Only someone who has everything is capable of a lack of envy, and even then there's always something that someone doesn't have(ie: the moon, sol, etc.) 

I guess this also goes to the South Park hypothesis of heaven's population.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

Murderers (Romans 1:29)

Yay, it's only bad if we kill other people. It's perfectly allright to kill anything that isn't human. But wait! What about self defense? Murder is quite clearly defined as the killing of a human being by a human being. Therefore, even self defense is murder. Therefore, according to god, one should lie down and die before raising arms in self defense. Yet another example of god being an asshole.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

The Deceitful (Romans 1:29)

Lies and deceit are part of the self defense instinct of humanity. It is the first defense of yourself that you will have ever partaken in. Everyone has done it. As has every animal which communicates in any way. Therefore, everyone is going to hell. And most everything else that breathes too.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

Backbiters (Romans 1:30)

I had to google that one. I'm familiar with the scenario, though the terminology was new. This is the kind of thing that can screw you based on where you live. I remember growing up in Edmonton, Alberta. Maybe things are different now, but at the time, if you didn't like something or someone you said so to their face. THEN you could talk about it behind their back. Out in Ontario, it's different. It's ok if you never tell them personally. So based on where you were born and grow up, you either are or aren't going to hell. Fortunately we've already determined that there are enough of these qualifications that noone can live up to to say that everyone is going to hell, and gossip is irrelevant.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

Haters of God (Romans 1:30)

Few and far between, and entirely relegated to the believers. One cannot hate god if one doesn't recognize gods existence. So for all you atheists, you automatically qualify for heaven on this particular point. Too bad so many other points are kicking you to hell...

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

The Despiteful (Romans 1:30)

The Despiteful? Wtf? Don't you mean the spiteful? Idiots....

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

The Proud (Romans 1:30)

Everyone has some pride. And some pride is a good thing. Without it, one can lose motivation and self confidence. Which is hardly a good thing for society or the individual.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

Boasters (Romans 1:30)

So much for the advertising industry...

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30)

I love this one. There being an omniscient and omnipotent god, god created evil and everything that can be put under the definition. There is nothing left to invent. Therefore only god can be guilty of this particular "sin".

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30)

Now that's just stupid. What if your parents tell you not to believe in god? Or to believe in a different one? Catch 22..

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31)

Didn't you say that already, in different words? In fact, is this entire posting not qualifying what breaking covenant is?

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31)

Here's a broad comment that needs to be narrowed down before it can be a qualifier of any kind.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

The Implacable (Romans 1:31)

There goes all of the mentally ill, despite being "designed" the way they are.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:
The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9)

Now now, you just said pride was a no-no. Now you're going back on your words. One must be prideful and confident in ones religion to be righteous in the first place.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9),

There goes anyone who thinks jesus is a god. And anyone who has put up an idol of jesus anywhere also qualifies. Same thing with god. Also, being a fan of any particular kind of fiction or non-fiction will fuck you up if it ever kept you from church or other religious duties. Even for a moment.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:
 

Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9),

You already covered this, with the term above: "fornicators". Why are you saying it twice? Are you trying to confuse me by switching terminology?

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9)

Aha, another flaw of "design". How many times is god going to punish people for being what god made them to be? What a prick.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10)

Thievery is as common and logical as lies. It is seen in animals of all kinds. Yet another impossible quality to live up to.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10)

Then why does alcohol exist? God trying to tempt us off the path is he?

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10)

How amusing that the most common revilers are god worshippers?

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10)

Wow. We're getting into some pretty hard core specifics here. Why didn't god just write us a law book to work with? Obviously we're not capable of making our own. Oh....wait....

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

The Fearful (Revelation 21:8)

You're going to hell for being afraid? That's got to be the most ridiculous of all. Once again, we can tack this onto god for making us capable of fear in the first place. Not to mention putting us all into a world where listening to fear is the only way to survive.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:
The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8)

Prove you're there and we'll believe. Don't prove it, and you've got nothing on us.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

The Abominable (Revelation 21:8)

We're going after snow men now? Or do you mean the actual definition? If you mean the actual definition, then you just proved you aren't all loving after all.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8)

Ah, now you're going after the prostitutes. Who you forbid from doing any work other than kitchen labour, even though you designed them to be the same as men in most aspects, and therefore they could never be happy staying in the kitchen. Just love the torture you've put into life. It's so fun.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8)

Hey, finally something that NOTHING can qualify for. Even god wouldn't be using sorcery, he's got omnipotence right? Since sorcery isn't possible with humanity, it's nothing to worry about.

landoverbaptist.net wrote:

All Liars (Revelation 21:Cool

You mentioned this one too. It's just as self destructive for your side now as it was the first time I took it out.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.