Proof god exist

shylock
shylock's picture
User is offlineOffline
Proof god exist

( a + bn )/n = x

Just came out in Annales Acta Mathematica. It's not electronic, so don't bother asking for a link.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't get it. How does

I don't get it. How does this prove that God exists? Which variable is God? Lol.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
 That's an awesome proof.

That's an awesome proof. It's really a QED.

God really IS made of invisible Cheetos. I'm so glad we settled this.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
exp[i*pi]=-1 After

exp[i*pi]=-1

After discovering that Euler, thought it was evidence for God.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

exp[i*pi]=-1

It's evidence for awesome, that's what it is. I love that equation.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

shylock wrote:

( a + bn )/n = x

Just came out in Annales Acta Mathematica. It's not electronic, so don't bother asking for a link.

I noticed it was your first post so welcome to the forums.

Did you know that  2 + 2 =  4,  and if you add on letters and symbels it will still equal 4.  It does not equal a god.  Now could you elaborate upon why your equation does equal some kind of a god?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Quote:God Exists!The famed

Quote:

God Exists!

The famed encylopedist Denis Diderot was once invited to visit the Russian Court by the empress, Catherine the Great. To the embarrassment of his host and the rest of the court, he promptly launched into an animated defense of atheism. Reluctant to muzzle her guest directly, Catherine hatched a cunning plan. Diderot was informed that a learned mathematician had discovered an algebraical demonstration of the existence of God and would present it before the Court, if he wished to hear it.  Diderot naturally consented. The mathematician Leonhard Euler duly appeared and gravely declared: "Monsieur, (a + bn)/n = x, therefore God exists!" The upshot? Diderot, entirely unschooled in algebra, was rendered speechless; peals of laughter erupted around the room; Diderot, greatly embarassed, asked for permission to return to France; and Catherine gratefully bid him adieu.

http://www.anecdotage.com/index.php?aid=14079

The infinite power of google.

Nikolaj
Superfan
Nikolaj's picture
User is offlineOffline
My good sir:Let me here

My good sir:

Let me here present you with definitive evidence that God does not exist:

"Gud eksisterer ikke fordi jeg siger det"

Now, since this will likely render you speechless, unless you speak Danish, then I will consider this a win.

You might counter, " well how can I argue against it, if I don't understand it? "

Well, Danish, unlike mathematics is not a universal language, so it is not reasonable to ask you to accept what I say, when you can't understand it, but then again I could just counter: "well specific languages are not universal, but language is universal: we all speak. You could just learn Danish, if you want to understand my argument. My words in Danish above correspond to words in English that you do understand, so you have the capasity to understand it, if only you'd bother to learn Danish."

But just to maybe help me along just everso slightly, might I ask you:

What is a?

What is bn?

What is n?

What is x?

If you are indeed serious in your presentation of this argument, then please provide that context.

Otherwise, how can you propose to have argued anything?

I am not well schooled in mathematics, and it is possible, perhaps even likely that I won't understand the above equation if you provide the context, but even so do you not think that it is rather unreasonable of you, to expect me to say: "I don't understand that, so therefore it must be true" ?

By that logic, you ought to accept my argument, because you don't understand it, even though if you bother to check you'll find that it means: "God does not exist because I say so".

Well I was born an original sinner
I was spawned from original sin
And if I had a dollar bill for all the things I've done
There'd be a mountain of money piled up to my chin

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

exp[i*pi]=-1

Oh, hahaha.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Easy to counter.g+L=A

Easy to counter.

g+L=A

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Diagoras23
atheist
Diagoras23's picture
User is offlineOffline
G.O.D = D.O.G.

Where G, O, and D are unassigned variables of unknown value.

GxOxD = DxOxG everytime

therefore

God is a dog.

I used spot remover on him.

Now he is gone.

Who would want to finish what they have said with the same thing everytime?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
butterbattle wrote:I don't

butterbattle wrote:

I don't get it. How does this prove that God exists? Which variable is God? Lol.

Ct x g=Elves

Cookies taste good so therefore Elves make cookies in trees. You got a problem with that logic? BTW, I telepathically knocked up a Japanese woman last night, she was in Japan and I was in bed dreaming of her and my dream sperm got her pregnant.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
For all those such as

For all those such as Nikolaj who have commited fingers to keyboard in a serious response to the OP, you got fooled. This is a joke. As someone else has already pointed out, this was an anecdotal exchange between Euler (the man in the OP's avatar) and Diderot, in which Euler declared that (a+bn)/n=x, therefore God exists, and Diderot could not. Of course, (a+bn)/n=x means nothing until the equation's constants and variables are stated and the domain is specified, not that this has anything to do with the existence of God.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism