I can disprove Evolution! Also-science is predicted to develop in the bible and its dumb

jesus lover
User is offlineOffline
I can disprove Evolution! Also-science is predicted to develop in the bible and its dumb

According to scientist that have their head on straight and arent christians,they claim "evolution is a fairy tale for grownups.....its useless!!!!"According to Darwin,organisms change step by step very slowly. Darwinian evolution is based off macroevlolution,but macroevolution has not happened!Mayjor evidence against macroevolution is fossil records and the complexity of the cell.The complexity is way to much to be developed like it is explained in macroevolution!!According to Micheal Behe,there is not enough time for macroevolution to have happened,nor will there ever be.Because of the time problem,other theories have appeared.Stephen Jay Gould's punctured equillibreum is the theory that evolution could happen in short amounts of time.Without hard evidence,these theories are very much in reproof and very much unproven!!!

Christians believe in Catasrophicism.Things such as the great flood in the bible.To prove the flood existed,which is another way to prove god,look at fossils.When the flood happened there was a ton of sediment everywhere,fossils were washed upon mountains of deep sea fish,in caves such as the cumberland bone cave. You ever wonder about the grand canyon,well that little river didnt make that gaping crater the flood did!!As for science and people getting smarter,thats predicted in Daniel 12:4-it says knowledge shall increase,wow,God's word!!As Kurk Cameron said,he didnt believe in God once but his life was changed.You cant Argue with a changed life!!!To rap this up if you have any doubts that there is a God,maybe you want to think there is,watch the Case for the Creator,it will change your mind!!One lsat note,that lady you had on nighline was ignorant she put forth no scientific evidence and is obviously up there to keep guys interested!!!TERRIBLE

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
You need practice...I've

You need practice...

I've seen examples of Poe's law that were virtually impossible to detect.

This one is not.

However, just in case...If it turns out this is real, I will apologize profusely and commend it as an example of a double-bluff Poe, in the moments before my jaw shatters from having hit the floor with astonishment.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Let me be the first to call

Let me be the first to call "Poe."

Please, for the love of Bob, let this be a Poe.

[edit]

Okay, let me be the second to call "Poe."

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

jesus lover
User is offlineOffline
ight

Evolution is tougher to believe than chritianity,i can undertand how deep your trust in evolution is.

deludedgod
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
I still can't be entirely

I still can't be entirely sure...for now I'm going to tentatively go with "parody".

Anyone want to start a betting pool?

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I thought that was a

I thought that was a pretty convincing Poe. Okay, it's not the worst one I've seen.

If this turns out to be a "real" post, we can all have a good laugh.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
jesus lover wrote:Evolution

jesus lover wrote:

Evolution is tougher to believe than chritianity,i can undertand how deep your trust in evolution is.

Very true. The concept of gradual change over time is hard to swallow, as things never change. Talking snakes, on the other hand, turn up every day.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
jesus lover wrote:As for

jesus lover wrote:

As for science and people getting smarter,thats predicted in Daniel 12:4-it says knowledge shall increase,wow,God's word!!

People are getting smarter? 

deludedgod
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I thought that was a

Quote:

I thought that was a pretty convincing Poe. Okay, it's not the worst one I've seen.

If this turns out to be a "real" post, we can all have a good laugh.

I suppose it is a working Poe example by definition then, since none of us have been able to state confidently it is one or the other...

-Me

Books about atheism

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:Very

nigelTheBold wrote:

Very true. The concept of gradual change over time is hard to swallow, as things never change. Talking snakes, on the other hand, turn up every day.

I was having the same discussion with my talking snake the other day! What a coincidence. Of course, he refused to speak Ancient Greek, and as I had a midterm to study for, I had to turn him back into a staff.

fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

jesus lover
User is offlineOffline
   i believe in adapting

i believe in adapting to your invironment,like people in mexico are adapteds to the heat,others are adapted to cold,i dont believe we came from a common ancestor,and the talking snake was lucifer.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote:I suppose

deludedgod wrote:

I suppose it is a working Poe example by definition then, since none of us have been able to state confidently it is one or the other...

For me, it's the nick that pushes it over the edge. I'm not sure a Christian would use the handle "Jesus Lover," as that seems a bit creepy. Otherwise, the misspellings, the poor grammar, the complete ignorance of evolution, the macro- vs micro-evolution -- that's all dead-on. Almost too perfect, in fact.

Really, though, it's the poor choice of nicknames that does it for me. It's gotta be a Poe.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
jesus lover wrote:  

jesus lover wrote:

Kirk is not a biologist or a scientist.

We don't have to "trust" evolution anymore than we have to "trust" gravity.

Let me face you with facts. Human flesh DOES NOT survive rigor mortis. Disimbodied beings dont exist, much less magically knock up girls. I am sorry you don't want to face that.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
jesus lover wrote:i believe

jesus lover wrote:
i believe in adapting to your invironment,like people in mexico are adapteds to the heat,others are adapted to cold,i dont believe we came from a common ancestor,and the talking snake was lucifer.

Okay, give the guy a hand - that one was pretty good. Complete with a reference to Mexicans. The bad spelling is a bit transparent, though. The phrase "common ancestor" is too sophisticated for someone who can't spell "environment".

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:I was

HisWillness wrote:

I was having the same discussion with my talking snake the other day! What a coincidence. Of course, he refused to speak Ancient Greek, and as I had a midterm to study for, I had to turn him back into a staff.

My snake only speaks in tongues. He said he needed new shoes in spanish, russian, french, and angelic.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Okay, Brian fell for it,

Okay, Brian fell for it, so it's definitely a Poe.

jesus lover
User is offlineOffline
   ight dude i dont know

ight dude i dont know what a poe is but im a real person,im fifteen and we just went over evolution in my clc class.I typed fast so it was bad,i apologize!

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:My snake

nigelTheBold wrote:

My snake only speaks in tongues. He said he needed new shoes in spanish, russian, french, and angelic.

I know this woman who speaks angelic. Oh man.

Do you speak any of those languages, or were you just guessing? Because I think your snake is playing tricks on you.

Eventually this Poe-fest is going to collide with the metaphor that will be the snake, and I have no idea what's going to happen.

deludedgod
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:The bad spelling is a

Quote:

The bad spelling is a bit transparent, though. The phrase "common ancestor" is too sophisticated for someone who can't spell "environment".

Well spotted. I guess eventually all Poe's make a slight slip-up. A continuous maintenance of parody ignorance of that magnitude requires a great deal of meticulous attention to detail and should be commended.

-Me

Books about atheism

DanMullin
DanMullin's picture
User is offlineOffline
jesus lover wrote:   ight

jesus lover wrote:

ight dude i dont know what a poe is but im a real person,im fifteen and we just went over evolution in my clc class.I typed fast so it was bad,i apologize!

So, you're fifteen, just had a class on evolution and are now able to disprove it.

You're going to win the Nobel Prize for that mate!

jesus lover
User is offlineOffline
   yes,i understand im not

yes,i understand im not ready to totally disprove evolution,i probably wont be able to,but the title caught your attention didnt it!

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
jesus lover wrote:   ight

jesus lover wrote:

OH! I don't believe it! I was had! Brian, I owe you an apology, it really was an earnest cry for help, and not a Poe.

My friend, a "Poe" is when people pretend to write the same as you, because there are so few educated adults who believe what you just wrote.

But wait, there's more! You're 15, so no one is going to hold it against you. You have plenty of time to learn more about the world.

Ivon
atheist
Ivon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Evolution is true, we're

Evolution is true, we're literally on the verge of finding the skeletal remains of the crockaduck that will prove it all.

Free your mind.

jesus lover
User is offlineOffline
  though it may seem

though it may seem different by the way im typing.you know slang and stuff,and having no skillz at typing.I am actually very intelligeant.I promise you im not gonnah turn from my faith,i have a lot less to lose than any of you!

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
jesus lover wrote: ight

jesus lover wrote:

Hey, JL,

The "Poe" comes from the idea that you can't tell the difference between fundamentalist writing, and satire of fundamentalist writings. In a way, it's that fundamentalist writing is self-satirizing.

So, Landover Baptist Church would be a Poe, as it is a website that pretends to be evangelilcal fundamentalist Christian, but is really satirizing evangelical fundamentalist Christians. People have often said referred to it as a "wacko Christian site." Meanwhile, Westboro Baptist Church seems far more wacko than Landover, but is a real Christian church.

That's all a Poe is. So, we were trying to determine if you were attempting to satirize creationism, or if you were sincere. Your original post had all the hallmarks of being a Poe: the poor grammar, the complete misunderstanding of what evolution is, the ignorance of the vast amounts of evidence that supports evolution, the fact that most modern medicine is based on evolution, and so on.

I was sure you were a Poe. I'm sad to find out you were sincere. After all, it's bad form to continue a Poe after being called out on it.

deludedgod
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fucking hell, my jaw hurts

Fucking hell, my jaw hurts now.

-Me

Books about atheism

jesus lover
User is offlineOffline
   Ight dawg,im not out to

Ight dawg,im not out to discover every single thing about evolution,but the title did catch your eye!That was my point,i really think it would be an wise investment of your time to go to you tube and watch the case for the creator!

DanMullin
DanMullin's picture
User is offlineOffline
jesus lover wrote:   yes,i

jesus lover wrote:

yes,i understand im not ready to totally disprove evolution,i probably wont be able to,but the title caught your attention didnt it!

The title did catch my attention, but not in the way you are hoping it did.

I did not expect to come into this thread and find a 150 year old theory to be falsified by someone who thinks science is dumb.

You have to use science to falisfy evolution.

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
jesus lover

jesus lover wrote:

According to scientist that have their head on straight and arent christians,they claim "evolution is a fairy tale for grownups.....its useless!!!!"According to Darwin,organisms change step by step very slowly. Darwinian evolution is based off macroevlolution, but macroevolution has not happened!

I doubt you even fully understand the words you're using.

Quote:
Mayjor evidence against macroevolution is fossil records

Really? It strikes me as major evidence FOR evolution. You're going to have to explain that one.

Quote:
and the complexity of the cell.

Complicated does not equal designed.

Quote:
The complexity is way to much to be developed like it is explained in macroevolution!

Do you really know what evolutionary biology has to say on the subject? I suspect not.

Quote:
According to Micheal Behe

A non-scientist who only creationists respect.

Quote:
,there is not enough time for macroevolution to have happened, nor will there ever be.

If macroevolution is impossible, I'm curious as to how he knows how fast it occurs.

If it isn't a question of speed, but that it's pure and simply impossible (which it isn't, since speciation has been artificially reproduced), then there is no need to blame the impossibility on speed.

I think he's just making shit up.

Quote:
Because of the time problem,other theories have appeared.Stephen Jay Gould's punctured equillibreum

punctuated

Quote:
is the theory that evolution could happen in short amounts of time.

Really? From what I understand, P.E. was a proposed solution to evolutionary change reaching a plateau, which is not permanent. For example, we might observe that humans haven't changed significantly recently, because we have reached a state of equilibrium with selection pressures acting on us. But it is likely only punctuated, and therefore temporary. Once the equilibrium is lost, selection pressure causes a burst of evolutionary changed, eventually returning to another equilibrium. P.E. would also fit nicely with something like the Cambrian explosion.

I don't think you understand the word you're using.

Quote:

Without hard evidence,these theories are very much in reproof and very much unproven!!!

Good thing there is hard evidence. Too bad you haven't bothered to familiarize yourself with it.

Quote:

Christians believe in Catasrophicism.Things such as the great flood in the bible.

Which is so easily falsified by physics, geology, chemistry, and sheer common sense, I have a feeling that this post is about to get laughably ridiculous.

Quote:

To prove the flood existed,which is another way to prove god,look at fossils.When the flood happened there was a ton of sediment everywhere,

Speaking of sediment, if there had been a worldwide flood that lasted for 40 days and 40 nights, there should be a worldwide layer of marine sediment in the geologic column. But there isn't one.

However, there is an unusually large layer of marine sediment in the area the flood myth has been traced to.

Hmm.... suspicious...

Quote:
fossils were washed upon mountains of deep sea fish,in caves such as the cumberland bone cave. You ever wonder about the grand canyon,well that little river didnt make that gaping crater the flood did!!

You've obviously been listening to Kent Hovind.

A gift for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjFeVwuJB7I

Thanks, thunderf00t!

Quote:
As for science and people getting smarter,thats predicted in Daniel 12:4-it says knowledge shall increase,wow,God's word!!

That's about as banal a statement as you'll find in your local newspaper's horoscopes.

Quote:
As Kurk Cameron said,he didnt believe in God once but his life was changed.

He may  not have believed in God, but that didn't put him on the same level as the atheists he's arguing against. He simply hadn't considered God before. Then he did. Many atheists HAVE been christian, but then realized the whole idea was bullshit. Either that, or they were like Kirk and then failed to be gullible at the moment God was pitched to them. The fact that he didn't believe in God once is irrelevant.

Quote:
You cant Argue with a changed life!!!

Sure you can! Stockholm syndrome changes lives, too!

Quote:
To rap this up if you have any doubts that there is a God,maybe you want to think there is,watch the Case for the Creator,it will change your mind!!

I highly doubt it.

Quote:
One lsat note,that lady you had on nighline was ignorant she put forth no scientific evidence and is obviously up there to keep guys interested!!!TERRIBLE

It wasn't her job to put forth scientific evidence. It was Ray and Kirk's responsibility to present scientific evidence, per the terms of the debate. They did not do that. Brian and Kelly pointed this out. End of debate. Bryan and Kelly one, per terms of the debate.

Have a nice day!

P.S. Mad props if this post is satirical. Really good stuff.

*edit*

Oops, guess it's not satirical. Sorry about the snarkiness. I didn't realize how young you were! I didn't understand evolution when I was 15 either, even though I thought I did. High Schools don't teach it very well because they often feel obligated to "play it safe" and not offend religious parents. Take a biological anthropology course when you get to college and your world will change.

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

jesus lover
User is offlineOffline
  True,very many christians

True,very many christians dont have one ioda of the meaning of evolution.What you have to realize is many people still do believe in darwins theory,and others.I myself do not understand everything,again watch case for the creator,that dude knows more than i do!

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
jesus lover wrote:im not out

jesus lover wrote:
im not out to discover every single thing about evolution,but the title did catch your eye!That was my point,i really think it would be an wise investment of your time to go to you tube and watch the case for the creator!

Okay, uh, dawg ... I'll do that if you stay in school.

deludedgod
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, the problem with Poe's

Well, the problem with Poe's is that the best ones are so exasperating you just have an urge to tear their posts to shreds, but you know you can't since then you'd be the one looking foolish if they are indeed a parody. But now we're working with the premise that this "very intelligeant" individual is genuine. That means it's time for me to administer a little test so no more time is wasted!

Quote:

True,very many christians dont have one ioda of the meaning of evolution

Indeed. Many Christians don't have one iota of understanding of evolution. I guess it is time to find out if you are one of them. Modern evolutionary biology, founded on the modern synthesis, is summarized in five principles. If you can tell me what they are, you will be the first Christian to have done so!

No, I don't think this question is unfair. This is one of the first things learned in a well run class about evolutionary biology in school so think of it more as a test of how well you paid attention.

-Me

Books about atheism

jesus lover
User is offlineOffline
  okay,the dawg thing is a

okay,the dawg thing is a habbit,im fifteen lighten up.I'm in ap classes,im sure im not gonnah drop out,i plan on going to a nice collage.I dont really revise what i type it just comes out,unless its a school paper!

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
jesus lover wrote: 

jesus lover wrote:

True,very many christians dont have one ioda of the meaning of evolution.What you have to realize is many people still do believe in darwins theory,and others.I myself do not understand everything,again watch case for the creator,that dude knows more than i do!

Wait, you've heard the word "iota" (that's how it's spelled) used enough to attempt typing it, but ... Jeez, I'm almost back to Poe.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
jesus lover wrote:   Ight

jesus lover wrote:

Ight dawg,im not out to discover every single thing about evolution,but the title did catch your eye!That was my point,i really think it would be an wise investment of your time to go to you tube and watch the case for the creator!

I've done that. I've watched all kinds of intelligent design youtube videos. I've read lots of folks who do not accept evolution. Usually, it comes down to one thing, and one thing only: "For the Bible tells me so." And unfortunately, that's the worst defence of intelligent design and the worst attack on evolution I can possibly imagine.

As for Behe: I read his book years ago. His case for irreducible complexity was shot down even before his book was published. Since publication, every single structure he mentioned in his book has been shown to be effective with parts missing. His "irreducible complexity" turned out to be perfectly reducible.

So far, there is not one credible argument against evolution. Not one. Even the "time" requirement has been shown to be more than sufficient. To drive the rate of change required by evolution, you'd need about 1/1,000,000,000 the amount of energy that strikes the earth. The energy from the sun that bathes the earth is one billion times more than is required. Granted, a lot of the energy goes into simple heating of the earth.

But let me say, even if evolution were proven to be impossible tomorrow, that doesn't automatically mean there was a "creator." That's a false dichotomy. All it would mean is, we'd have to re-think how life changes into different forms. We'd have to do that because the evidence is incontrovertible that life changes, and that the current species on earth came from older species on earth.

Anyway, welcome, young non-Poe. Enjoy your stay. I hope you stick around.

jesus lover
User is offlineOffline
    I'll look those up

I'll look those up sometime,maybe,if you watch case for the creator!

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Now I understand why God

Now I understand why God created the other creatures before humans.

To weed out the ignorants.

deludedgod
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:    I'll look those

Quote:

You'll look those up sometime?

That's fucking it! I'm back to siding with Poe. I asked you, more or less, to define evolution. This is a summarized version of the non-parody conversation we've had:

You: I can disprove evolution (spelling and grammar corrected for readability)

Me: Define evolution

You: Well, I guess I'll look that up sometime

Believe me, I don't have to, nor do I have the desire to, watch or read any more creationist material. I would wager that I have read and seen more creationist material than you have.

-Me

Books about atheism

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
You know what would really

You know what would really make me laugh?

If JL was actually Brian.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
jesus lover

jesus lover wrote:
  okay,the dawg thing is a habbit,im fifteen lighten up.

I don't think you've understood - we thought you were playing a trick on us. That's what a "Poe" is. It's a trick that atheists play on each other, pretending to be believers.

jesus lover wrote:
I'm in ap classes,im sure im not gonnah drop out,i plan on going to a nice collage.I dont really revise what i type it just comes out,unless its a school paper!

Okay, but it's still funny. For instance, a "collage" is a bunch of pieces of paper stuck together, so I'm sure you meant "college", but it's still a funny typo. I'm not saying I don't make typos -- I do all the time -- but they're still funny.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote:That's

deludedgod wrote:
That's fucking it! I'm back to siding with Poe. I asked you, more or less, to define evolution.

Oh man, this is funny. Seriously, Jesus Lover, if you're really a 15-year-old causing a bunch of adults this much consternation, it must be confusing. Don't worry, we're not laughing at you, we're laughing at ourselves. (Well, at least I am.) 

jesus lover
User is offlineOffline
  understood,i think i have

understood,i think i have a retarded middle finger or something,im not sure! Many of you guys have turned away from God,actually all of you,but watev,i got t oget ready for church in like 20 minutes.wow longer than i thought.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
jesus lover wrote:I'll look

jesus lover wrote:

I'm glad you're in school. Here's some homework for you:

Watch "Case for the Creator." Write down at least 5 places where Case for the Creator uses science to back up the case for a creator.

Then look up those scientific "facts," and answer this question:

Q: Was the fact, as presented in "Case for the Creator," accurate, misleading, incorrect, or an outright lie?

Please hand this in by classtime tomorrow. Bonus points will be awarded with corrections to scientific mis-statements, as presented in "Case for the Creator."

Extra points will also be awarded for any case presented in which "Case for the Creator" is correct in its scientific statements.

jesus lover
User is offlineOffline
Christian Responsibility

A lot of the reason people dont believe in God today is because of circumstances and how christians live their life.It is a christians responsibility to live a life so that others see God.Christians today are retarded though,they are so hypocrytical and it makes people turn awya.Thats our fault,we dont live right therefore we turn people away.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Archeopteryx wrote:You know

Archeopteryx wrote:

You know what would really make me laugh?

If JL was actually Brian.

No. That would be too good. Now Brian's going to get me one day with that. I can just picture it:

alljesusallthetime: Evolution is ridiculous, and I have disproven it with my psychic powers.

Will: You don't have psychic powers, and evolution is the most important theory of modern biology.

alljesusallthetime: Ah-hahahaha! It's Brian! You're so gullible! I even said "with my psychic powers"! How did you fall for that?

Will: I hang my head in shame.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
jesus lover wrote: 

jesus lover wrote:

okay,the dawg thing is a habbit,im fifteen lighten up.I'm in ap classes,im sure im not gonnah drop out,i plan on going to a nice collage.I dont really revise what i type it just comes out,unless its a school paper!

You are only 15, I would suggest that you compair all the worlds religions from the prior ancient polytheism.

You should see motifs prior to Christianity. Things like rising from the dead, spitting in the eye to cure blindness, floods, "eye for an eye", virgin births. There are tons of stories in the bible that can be compaired to prior myth.

Saying that Christianity is original is like saying that Coke was the first beverage consumed by humans because it's can is red.

This writer you speek of has an agenda. Scientific method is not agenda based. Scientists or apologists can be bias, but the universal method is not a person or a platform, it is simple replication and falsification, independent of your likes or my likes.

No one has ever replicated or falsified the myth of the virgin birth. No one has replicated or falsified Jesus bleeding to death, lack of blood flow and oxygen to the brain, complete cellular death, brain death, and complete organ failure, only to rise and magically survive rigor mortis.

"Poof" does not apply to reality, you can either demonstrate it, or you cant, anything less is mere fancy and product of the imagination, and a gap answer. The only way to fill that gap is to demonstrate something.

I do hope that you do take the time to take yourself outside your emotions, and look beyond what you merely "like" and test it with fervor without bias.

Believe me, I am taking it easy on you. You are young, and I can only tell you there are plenty of things, outside the issue of religion, and religion itself, that I thought I knew.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
jesus lover wrote: 

jesus lover wrote:

understood,i think i have a retarded middle finger or something,im not sure! Many of you guys have turned away from God,actually all of you,but watev,i got t oget ready for church in like 20 minutes.wow longer than i thought.

Sorry, I never turned away from god. I never believed in god, so it'd be hard to turn away.

Enjoy church. Seriously. Talk to you later.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
jesus lover wrote:     A

jesus lover wrote:

A lot of the reason people dont believe in God today is because of circumstances and how christians live their life.It is a christians responsibility to live a life so that others see God.Christians today are retarded though,they are so hypocrytical and it makes people turn awya.Thats our fault,we dont live right therefore we turn people away.

Actually, it's the fact that God never shows up. Yeah, stop beating yourself up over it, it's not the hypocrisy.

jesus lover
User is offlineOffline
    Well,i actually put

Well,i actually put myself outside of christianity,yes we believe mostly the same but i have a difference.I know christianity is not the first religion,gods people were the jews,which was the right beleif at the time of the old testament,then jesus came so christianity was developed,i put myself in the category of a god follower i believ everything in the bible,im not split up like all the branches of christianity.

jesus lover
User is offlineOffline
   Guys,God shows up,i can

Guys,God shows up,i can tell you personally God shows  up,ive been half way around the world,ive experienced posessed people,ive seen terrible fall to their knees and beg for forgiveness,God shows up,you just cant tell,but its ok,myabe something will happen and youll realize hes everywhere.

deludedgod
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:ive seen terrible fall

Quote:

ive seen terrible fall to their knees and beg for forgiveness

Who's "terrible"?

And, for that matter, how did we end up talking about this? Weren't we discussing your ignorance of evolution owing to the fact that you were unable to define it?

-Me

Books about atheism