Response to Discovery Institute

lokipro
lokipro's picture
User is offlineOffline
Response to Discovery Institute

Nick Gotelli responds to an invitation for debate from the Discovery Institute: http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2009/02/how_to_respond_to_requests_to.php#more

This made me

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:In closing, I do want

Quote:
In closing, I do want to thank you sincerely for this invitation and for your posting on the Discovery Institute Website. As an evolutionary biologist, I can't tell you what a badge of honor this is. My colleagues will be envious.

Sincerely yours,

Nick Gotelli

P.S. I hope you will forgive me if I do not respond to any further e-mails from you or from the Discovery Institute. This has been entertaining, but it interferes with my research and teaching.

Priceless.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow, that was a sound

Wow, that was a sound lashing. I wonder if he did a little dance when he hit the "send" button, like he knew that one was solid.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Lmao very well done I must

Lmao very well done I must say. Put me in a good mood. 

What i did find interesting is http://www.creationresearch.org/crsq.html 

A creationist journel 

(found it in the comments)

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
What the heck to they put in

What the heck to they put in those magazines? Are they doing "new research" constantly? Isn't all of the research already done for them in the book of holy magical wish granting?

I love that it says they are "peer reviewed by degreed scientists." Peer reviewed by our very own editing staff... fair and balanced is the name of the game!

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
marcusfish wrote:What the

marcusfish wrote:

What the heck to they put in those magazines? Are they doing "new research" constantly? Isn't all of the research already done for them in the book of holy magical wish granting?

I love that it says they are "peer reviewed by degreed scientists." Peer reviewed by our very own editing staff... fair and balanced is the name of the game!

I had a quick look at some of the articles it's like evidance for the flood etc. I'm pretty sure a high school student could poke holes in most the articles. I cba to read a hole one though.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
That one made me laugh. My

That one made me laugh. My cheeks hurt from smiling to much...

HecticSkeptic
HecticSkeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
When they make the Internet

When they make the Internet hall of fame that reply will be given a place of honor.

SSBBJunky
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
He got POWNT.

He got POWNT.