Jusitification for my religious beliefs

The Hammer
The Hammer's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jusitification for my religious beliefs

Hello everyone. I wanted to post a defense of my Jewish beliefs.

1) The Tanakh: The Tanakh encompasses all of God's commands for daily life (ie Kosher laws, Sabbath restirctions or circumcision practices). It also contains the story of the Jewish people from the golden age of the monarchy, through the exile, through Greek and Roman conquests. The Tanakh contains depths of knowledge about human life in relationship with Hashem.

2) The Mishnah and the Talmuds: At times, the Tanakh is archaic and difficult to understand. Commandments that were applicable 3000 years ago no longer have practical significance today. The Mishnah represents Hashem's continued revealtion to the Jewish people through oral tradition. The Talmud updates the Torah to be more applicable to daily life in accordance with God's progressive revelation.

3) Failure of the Jewish monarchy: King Solomon built the incredible Temple in Jerusalem. However, Solomon was also essentially a henotheist. This practice of henotheism continued through the divided monarchy (see Chronicles). Their failure demonstrates the necessity for Jews to maintain worship in the one true God.

4) The survival of the Jewish people: My people faced constant persecution from the exile until the modern day (like the Holocaust denying bishops or the Israeli tennis player barred from Dubai). We faced Christian pogroms under the Roman Empire, Medieval kingdoms, and (to a lesser extent) Muslim kingdoms. We were falsely accused by Christians of host desecration, and the sacrifice of Christian children. All we wanted as a Diaspora people was tolerance. As emancipation began, with the enlightenment, we were hated no just for our religion, but for simply being Jews ethnically. Obviously, the Holocaust was the culmination of more then 2000 years of hatred, bigotry and ignorance. If you don't read anything else above, read this: I am a Jew because I cannot deny my heritage, my people and my God. We died for our beliefs, and we suffering because of our ethnicity. I am furious with God for allowing the Shoah. But the Jewish faith and tradition will not end with me.

5) Jewish Culture: Many Jews today don't believe in God. The majority of Israelis are non-religious. However, even if I didn't believe in God, I would still hold to the religious traditions of Judaism. Jewish practices such as holidays, the Sabbath and Kosher laws are an important part of who I am and where I came from.

Note: Don't assume that I have a literal Christian understanding of the Bible. Remember, my people wrote these books.

Also, just for better understanding...The Mishnah is the oral tradition of the Torah written in 200 CE. It is viewed as a holy text. The Talmud is commentary on the Tanakh and the Mishnah. Hamshem is a Jewish name for God. Finally, henotheism is the belief in many gods, with one god as the supreme god above the rest.

Finally, I would really appreciate it if no one used the divine name on this thread (YHWH). Don't spell it out please.

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
Wow Hamby, you are an asshole.

One of my biggest pet peeves, and one of the biggest pet peeves of all the core members of RRS is the demand by various religious groups that their particular religious beliefs be imposed on others.

Uh yea, I would really appreciate it if y'all would respect my beliefs and drink a bunch of mead while discussing religion.

Triple post FTW

GermanMike
Blogger
GermanMike's picture
User is offlineOffline
apropos forbidden words:  

apropos forbidden words:

-----------------------------------------------------

Who asks me inappropiate questions also has to live with the answers I may give.

Nikolaj
Superfan
Nikolaj's picture
User is offlineOffline
However, that particular

However, that particular piece of Pythonesque brilliance above is not the funny "Blaphemy is silly" joke, or "Only men get to stone people is silly".

It is of course the mind-blowing piece of comedic brilliance that this scene contains men posing as women posing as men...

Dude, that's like... deep...

Well I was born an original sinner
I was spawned from original sin
And if I had a dollar bill for all the things I've done
There'd be a mountain of money piled up to my chin

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Interesting.  The Hammer

Interesting.  The Hammer seemed eager to emphasize that his people, the Jews, have historically been the victims of persecution and genocide. Well, no argument from me, it's a matter of record.

Strangely he seems to have ignored the many OT references that indicated his ancient Hebrew predecessors were likewise big fans of engaging in genocidal warfare.   It seems that God's "Chosen People" had a nasty habit of slaughtering whole towns and villages ( ie, men, women, children, babies, and even animals ) because they worshipped the wrong god.

Double standard, anyone ?

GermanMike
Blogger
GermanMike's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote: 

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Interesting.  The Hammer seemed eager to emphasize that his people, the Jews, have historically been the victims of persecution and genocide. Well, no argument from me, it's a matter of record.

Strangely he seems to have ignored the many OT references that indicated his ancient Hebrew predecessors were likewise big fans of engaging in genocidal warfare.   It seems that God's "Chosen People" had a nasty habit of slaughtering whole towns and villages ( ie, men, women, children, babies, and even animals ) because they worshipped the wrong god.

Double standard, anyone ?

You need to put that into perspective. When the OT teaches that the ancient Jews eradicated whole nations then that might be true but in numbers not comparable to modern days. Keep in mind that many of those stories refer to events 500 BC an earlier. The populations at those times weren't that big that those genocides would truely be comparable to modern genocides.

Secondly: To some point such warfare was not too unusual just look to what the Romans did to Cathago or to Korinth. The specific Jewish zealotry was to also kill women, children, babies and animals instead of taking them into slavery (as other ancient nations did).

-----------------------------------------------------

Who asks me inappropiate questions also has to live with the answers I may give.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
GermanMike wrote: You need

GermanMike wrote:

You need to put that into perspective. When the OT teaches that the ancient Jews eradicated whole nations then that might be true but in numbers not comparable to modern days. Keep in mind that many of those stories refer to events 500 BC an earlier. The populations at those times weren't that big that those genocides would truely be comparable to modern genocides.

Secondly: To some point such warfare was not too unusual just look to what the Romans did to Cathago or to Korinth. The specific Jewish zealotry was to also kill women, children, babies and animals instead of taking them into slavery (as other ancient nations did).

( PDW slaps palm to fore head to express exasperation.  )

Your observations regarding population differences or whether genocidal warfare was typical in the ancient world has no bearing or relation to any point that I was trying to convey.    I was referring to the cognitive dissonance regarding the moral aspects of genocide as it relates to the Jewish nation; on the one hand the indignation of modern day Jews is rightly justified at their reprehensible treatment in the Nazi death camps.  The Nazis had no regard for Jewish victims...it mattered not if they were old and feeble, young and strong, mentally deficient, or even if they were infants.  No mercy was shown.

The Old Testament allegedly records multiple instances where the ancient Hebrews also engaged in warfare that is easily the moral ( and tactical ) equivalent of any modern act of genocide. Under the leadership of Moses, Joshua, etc the ancient Jews showed no mercy to the helpless non-combatants.  All were destroyed regardless of their age or status.  Is that right or wrong ?

Any modern day Israeli / Hebrew / Jew who can't bring themselves to admit this ugly parallel has no moral high ground to stand on.

The systematic slaughter of noncombatants belonging to any group by their enemies is morally indefensible.  Whether the victims number in the hundreds, or even in the millions doesn't change the character of the act.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I simply do not understand

I simply do not understand how any theist of any label can come to an atheist website and expect us to say, "isn't that nice" without question.

But his response I have seen from Christians as well.

"Santa isnt real"

"YOU HATE ME!"

"No, we are saying your logic sucks on this particular claim"

"YOU HATE ME"

Mel Brooks wouldn't have pulled this shit, hell, he made a living making fun of bigotry, and poked fun of his label in the process too.

GET A GRIP DUDE, your wiener will not fall off if we spell out your god's name.  I am sorry you cant handle us telling you that having that superstition is no better than if I said four leaf clovers or rabbits feet don't work.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was just looking over this

I was just looking over this thread again. I can't believe I made such a ridiculous error and didn't notice:

I wrote:

In other words, the increase in frequency of particular lineages over competing lineages in populations of open gene flow requires the constant application of selection pressure in favor of the lineage in question. Otherwise, it becomes statistically impossible for that lineage to propogate massively in favor of other competing lineages. If we take our starting point to be the year 1000, there are many, many competing lineages which are propogating.

This is completely wrong. I can't believe it took me this long to notice. (1) because mating patterns aren't random and (2) more importantly, all mating occurs between distant cousins.

Whoops. My apologies.

Carry on.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:
Now, the argument is that the leader of the dogma was worshiped as a God, but the problem is none of them are portrayed as creators of the universe or even remotely analogous a God in that sense.

Take a look at the [url=http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/God]accepted definitions for 'God', Alison[/url].

Only a few are so specific as to refer to the creator of the universe. It is hardly a stretch to say that Joseph Stalin was worshipped (by law) as a supreme being, which fits definitions 4 and 7 perfectly fine without anyone changing the definition to suit their own interests.

But Kevin, even then, little girls idolizing Paris Hilton will fit under 6 and 7.

I can say that the Red Cross idolizes Jakob Kellenberger, or that Christos was right and people look up to Dawkins.

Ever hear of Darwin day? ZOMGZ T3H RELIGION!

This is the very issue at hand! What exactly consitutes someone worshiped as a God? I mean where does it stop?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I really do hope he comes

I really do hope he comes back. But anyone, not just him, but anyone of any "faith" of any religion needs to understand that it is not out of hate that we blaspheme your claims or criticise them. It is because we want you to be brave in your introspection and take a step outside your beliefs and look at it from a neutral standpoint.

There is no way for us to be polite all the time, nor are we going to be dishonest with you or ourselves.

NOW TO ANY THEIST READING THIS, get over your insecurities. We will not use government to have you arrested or killed. We will not hate you because you believe something we find to be absurd, we will treat each of you as individuals, but expect you to do the same with us. But we are not going to sugar coat reality to placate your emotions or insecurities.

WE DO NOT HATE YOU, we simply are pointing out that you got it wrong. If you believe you got it right, then demonstrate it without fear and jump into the verbal boxing ring without fear. We do not expect to deconvert everyone, but we are damned sure not going to mince words.

Do not come to sites like this unless you are mature enough to handle blunt criticism.

WE DO WANT THEISTS HERE, WE DO NOT HATE ALL THEISTS.

But many here, including me, cannot stand crybabbies when they chose to come here when no one put a gun to their head. You are going to hear things you are not used to hearing. You are going to be offended.

HOWEVER, once you stick around long enough, you will not be offended, even if you never change your position. You will at a minimum see us as people who merely say you got it wrong, and there are many ways to say that, both polite and blunt.

(DISCLAIMER: I am only speaking for myself as a mere fan and poster, but I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way)

No one has anything to fear from atheists, we are actually trying to help you see that your myth is not needed to live life. We direct our criticism toward all fantastical claims, be they of psychics, telepathy, alchemy, Vishnu, big foot, horriscopes(sp), ect ect ect.

If you think you got it right, be brave and bring it on. We wont hate you, but if you cannot prove what you claim, we simply wont adapt your position.

GROW THE FUCK UP and debate us. We wont give you cooties and we won't eat your babies.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I might add that growing up

I might add that growing up I was extreemly superstitios. I used cross my toes for "luck" when watchint the Redskins play. I even was convinced by a teen on my block, that if I stood in a dark bathroom with no lights on and faced the mirror and said, "bloody mary, bloody mary, bloody mary" three times fast, that a horrible ghost would attack me. I REALLY BELIEVED THAT.....untill, just like facing the shaddows in the closet, I faced my fear and actually did it.

GUESS WHAT HAPPENED? NOT A FUCKING THING. I am still alive today.

I am sorry someone sold you the idea that your god's name is sacred, but that is a silly superstition wrapped in a tradition of a society that has set up taboos. Once you face your fear, you will see what we are trying to do for you and you will thank us.

Instead of shouting "YOU HATE ME" try understanding why we say what we say.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christos wrote:Wow Hamby,

Christos wrote:

Wow Hamby, you are an asshole.

So if someone came to your house and told you what the ground rules were, you wouldn't be even a little upset?

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Christos wrote:2) A set of

Christos wrote:

2) A set of practices that pertain to a discernment (or lack thereof) of God. Therefore, I don't define general atheism as a religion. There are no common practices. However, here on the RRS, there are plenty of common practices. Take for example, the War on Christmas or the War on Easter or just posting thousands of times on the forums!

So based on this, I think you can make the case that the RRS, not atheism, is a religion. All Hail the Goddess of Reason!

Hey bigoted asshole, I thought you should know that the users of Amazon.com are in a religion... Amazon has a Christmas and an Easter sale, and people post hundreds of product reviews on the site.  So obviously it's religion.

Also there are plenty of atheists here who believe Jesus was a historical man, there are also some that are ambiguous.  Our website has people who think similarly because the purpose of the website was to seek out people who think similarly.  Oh also, anyone who likes role playing games and visits this large forum for uniting those people are in a religion: http://vnboards.ign.com  (over 120 million posts so far)

I find it ironic that the most offensive thing you could muster to say to us is to accuse us of being like you.  No we don't have religion nor do we have imaginary friends, don't attempt to make yourself feel more comfortable by painting us with your brush. You want religion, you live with it.  You want reality... start by accepting this place isn't a religion and that most of it's users are offended at such an idea.

Christos
Theist
Christos's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Hey bigoted

Sapient wrote:

Hey bigoted asshole, I thought you should know that the users of Amazon.com are in a religion... Amazon has a Christmas and an Easter sale, and people post hundreds of product reviews on the site.  So obviously it's religion.

Also there are plenty of atheists here who believe Jesus was a historical man, there are also some that are ambiguous.  Our website has people who think similarly because the purpose of the website was to seek out people who think similarly.  Oh also, anyone who likes role playing games and visits this large forum for uniting those people are in a religion: http://vnboards.ign.com  (over 120 million posts so far)

Ah, but I stated that a religion has to have a dixcernment of ultimate reality pertaining to God. Amazon certainly lacks this aspect. Thus it is not a religion. Same goes for the gaming forum, no discernment of God. I also think it's great that people on this forum think that Jesus was a historical man. Maybe then I should just call it "The Doctrine of Jesus Mythicism," instead of a dogma.

Sapient wrote:

I find it ironic that the most offensive thing you could muster to say to us is to accuse us of being like you.  No we don't have religion nor do we have imaginary friends, don't attempt to make yourself feel more comfortable by painting us with your brush. You want religion, you live with it.  You want reality... start by accepting this place isn't a religion and that most of it's users are offended at such an idea.

I'm not painting the RRS like me. I'm not religious. I do believe in God (commence with common RRS insults about imaginary friends). At the very least, I think that the RRS resembles a religion in many ways. I remember once I started a thread that accused Christopher Hitchens of defending a Holocaust denier named David Irving. He defended the bastard as a legitimate historian. What struck me about the thread was that almost no atheists criticized Hitchens. They defended him. It was like a Catholic defending someone's sainthood.

"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." (CS Lewis)

"A young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading." (CS Lewis)

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
To the OP: YHWH, Yahweh,

To the OP: YHWH, Yahweh, Jehovah, blood thirthy petty jealous tribal desert god.

If you're so sensitive that you leave because other people don't conform to your superstition, then I recommend not being on the internet (as well as not talking to anyone in real life, ever).

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
 What does annoy me is when

What does annoy me is when atheists take it to the point of religion(without becoming religion, it's all but impossible). Darwin day is creepy. There are more worthy people, If you honestly think the guy who discovered  evolution is worthy of of a day then I would hate to see what you would honour  the guy who discovered the Germ Theory or perhaps Penicillin or Vaccination or with. 

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Christos wrote:Sapient

Christos wrote:

Sapient wrote:

Ah, but I stated that a religion has to have a dixcernment of ultimate reality pertaining to God. Amazon certainly lacks this aspect. Thus it is not a religion. Same goes for the gaming forum, no discernment of God.

Yes, but I neglected to mention that my definition of discernment is: being ambiguous and or non-committal on an issue. 

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christos wrote:At the very

Christos wrote:
At the very least, I think that the RRS resembles a religion in many ways.

You may have to concede that this is a community, and any community with a shared culture resembles a religion.

Christos wrote:
I remember once I started a thread that accused Christopher Hitchens of defending a Holocaust denier named David Irving. He defended the bastard as a legitimate historian. What struck me about the thread was that almost no atheists criticized Hitchens. They defended him. It was like a Catholic defending someone's sainthood.

If I recall his speech at Hart House in Toronto, he compared those who deny the Holocaust as being equivalent to those who assert that the Earth is flat. So you may have missed out on the subtlety of what he was saying. He generally argues for the protection of unorthodox speech, not that the content of what is being said is valid, but that the speaker should be protected in case there is some shred of truth in what they say.

There's an enthusiastic Holocaust denier on this site who is not silenced for that particular reason, despite being openly derided by most of the members of this site. He's not being defended because he has some kind of atheistic "sainthood", he's defended as a public demonstration of  tolerance with regards to dissenting opinion. As to the validity of what the man says, there are several unanswered questions.

[edit: addendum]

Here is the piece:

http://www.fpp.co.uk/StMartinsPress/Hitchens0696.html

Hitchens calls Irving's ideas "depraved" in great big, bold letters. I'm not sure how that means he defended Irving in any sense but his freedom of speech.

fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: What struck me about

Quote:
What struck me about the thread was that almost no atheists criticized Hitchens.

So, that doesn't mean we worship him like a god. He is just as flawed as any other human. I personal like is positions on the nature of "faith" and how it is used as a weapon and has caused human suffering.

BUT, most atheists are not with him on the issue of the war in Iraq. I personaly don't think he has to dumb down his books, but I also think that 50 cylible words won't reach the average laymen, the biggest part of the population. Not to mention he likes tipping the bottle and mixing it with work.

SO there, there is some criticism for you. Hitchens is not a god nor is Dawkins. Whom when I met (Dawkins)at a convention when I said hi to him, looked down at my name badge like I was a party crasher. Then later on I wanted him to autograph my atheist hat, and he looked at me like I was a commoner.

SO, now that I have proven that atheists can and do criticise other atheists, can we knock this crap off and get on to debate?

Christos
Theist
Christos's picture
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:If I

HisWillness wrote:

If I recall his speech at Hart House in Toronto, he compared those who deny the Holocaust as being equivalent to those who assert that the Earth is flat. So you may have missed out on the subtlety of what he was saying. He generally argues for the protection of unorthodox speech, not that the content of what is being said is valid, but that the speaker should be protected in case there is some shred of truth in what they say.

There's an enthusiastic Holocaust denier on this site who is not silenced for that particular reason, despite being openly derided by most of the members of this site. He's not being defended because he has some kind of atheistic "sainthood", he's defended as a public demonstration of  tolerance with regards to dissenting opinion. As to the validity of what the man says, there are several unanswered questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMxleCC5VVg

The speech you saw was certainly more recent than this video. I think Hitchens has changed his views (especially since he discovered that he is Jewish). But in this video, Hitchens argues that a private publishing company should publish a book about Holocaust denial. It's not a free-speech issue, a private company can do whatever they want.

The fact that Hitchens even refers to Irving as a historian is a joke. Irving has a hard-on for Hitler and is a raging anti-Semite.

Also, the guy from the post that Hitchens debates is clearly nervous on TV. It's great

"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." (CS Lewis)

"A young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading." (CS Lewis)

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
TO THE HAMMER, Here is a

TO THE HAMMER,

Here is a quote from Celebrity Atheists and Luis Black,

http://www.celebatheists.com/?title=Lewis_Black

Lewis Black wrote:

From a stand-up comedy routine on the Late Show With David Letterman, broadcast Friday, 8/30/02, in the U.S., excerpt from comedian Lewis Black's performance ...

"... Many Americans reaffirmed their faith this year.

I didn't, because I have no faith.

I was born and raised Jewish and it just didn't take.

You see, when I was a kid, my parents on the first Hanukkah gave me a top to play with. They call it a dreidel, but I know a top when I see one. And as I looked down at what is truly the dumbest toy ever created in the history of civilization, I thought, you know, I'm not gonna be Jewish for long.

Religion is important and patriotism is important, but religion and patriotism without a sense of humor, and you're in trouble.

You know that's, that's why our enemy is so frightening, they have no humor. This is a group of people who wander the desert for thousands and thousands of years, and never ran into a knock-knock joke.

NOW, while I do take debate seriously, I think a former Jew who is rooted in a Jewish past, KNOWS what Jews go through, but also would probibly chastize you for being so superstitious.

If he criticises his past, does that mean he hates himself, or his parents or Jews that still believe?

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christos

Christos wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMxleCC5VVg

The speech you saw was certainly more recent than this video. I think Hitchens has changed his views (especially since he discovered that he is Jewish). But in this video, Hitchens argues that a private publishing company should publish a book about Holocaust denial. It's not a free-speech issue, a private company can do whatever they want.

I think you may have missed it again. "A private company can do whatever they want" isn't quite it. St. Martin's (sp?) violated their contract to the author under public pressure. That's very much a censorship issue. Hitchens makes that clear. He even goes so far as to say that if the publisher thought it was so offensive, then they could have rejected the book outright, instead of getting ready to publish it, and going through all the motions of doing so. In that circumstance, he says he would have no argument with the publisher at all. But that's not what happened. The publisher picked it up, gave Irving a contract, and only later renegged on the contract in order to save face.

Christos wrote:
The fact that Hitchens even refers to Irving as a historian is a joke. Irving has a hard-on for Hitler and is a raging anti-Semite.

Hitchens doesn't argue that Irving's views are valid, in fact at one point (in the second half of that debate) he calls the man's views "secondary". Irving can be wrong and still be a historian. Hitchens is still clearly arguing for Irving's protection despite any validity that his views may have.

Christos wrote:
Also, the guy from the post that Hitchens debates is clearly nervous on TV. It's great

It seems like he has some sort of thyroid condition or mild Tourettes. If that's his "nervous", I guess it's a good thing he's a writer and not a television personality. It looks as though his shoulders are eventually going to meet with his ears!

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:GROW THE FUCK

Brian37 wrote:

GROW THE FUCK UP and debate us. We wont give you cooties and we won't eat your babies.

I would love to debate you, unfortunately most of your threads are about christianity(even the ones that address "theists&quotEye-wink.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:  I would

Ciarin wrote:

I would love to debate you, unfortunately most of your threads are about christianity(even the ones that address "theists&quotEye-wink.

By all means, lay out your theological position in a OP.  I'm sure there are atheists here would be happy to examine your claims...

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hmmm, part of me is actually

Hmmm, part of me is actually disapointed that I missed the Hammer. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYkbqzWVHZI

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Ciarin

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

By all means, lay out your theological position in a OP.  I'm sure there are atheists here would be happy to examine your claims...

I'm not sure what to make a post about. I'd feel kinda weird just doing a post like "hi, I'm a heathen and roman recon, ask me questions about it please."

LOL

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:Brian37

Ciarin wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

I would be thrilled to debate you, but please don't run away crying like The Hammer did. I hate intelectual cowardice. I don't care what your position is, nor will I hate and individual for holding a position I find absurd, I simply wish they wouldn't take it personally when they knowingly jump into the boxing ring and then complain.

I have to go somewhere soon. But when I get back, I'd be happy to go toe to toe with you. But I do warn you, I have fangs and I do use them.

So put in your mouth peice, put on your gloves, make sure you have a stool in the corner to sit on between rounds, and a spit bucket. I love a good verbal brawl, but I never take it personally nor do I think someone who I spar with hates me because they dissagree with me.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Ciarin

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

A cat like me cant sharpen his claws without a scratching post. The good thing about me is that my bluster and blasphemy is not out of hate, but merely a "verbal smack in the face" in saying, "wake up and smell the coffee". Anyone who takes me on in debate has nothing to fear other than my bad jokes and puns. If anyone, including the atheists who know me here, actually worked with me in person, would want to stone me to death for torturing my co-workers with bad jokes.

FOR EXAMPLE:

At work my boss said, "Hit me with some ice" refuring to an ice bin he wanted refilled. So I picked up an ice cube and beemed it at his back. He turned in suprise and I threw up my hands and responded, "Hey I was only doing what you told me to do."

Christos
Theist
Christos's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:I'm not sure

Ciarin wrote:

I'm not sure what to make a post about. I'd feel kinda weird just doing a post like "hi, I'm a heathen and roman recon, ask me questions about it please."

I checked out the link in your signature. So you worship Roman Religion? Do you speak Latin?

Christos
Theist
Christos's picture
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:I think

HisWillness wrote:

I think you may have missed it again. "A private company can do whatever they want" isn't quite it. St. Martin's (sp?) violated their contract to the author under public pressure. That's very much a censorship issue.

Nay. Still not a censorship issue. This isn't the government censoring the book. The company reacted to public pressure and backed down. They're still a private company. They can still do whatever they want. Now if Big Brother said that the Institute for Historical Review couldn't print it, then that is a censorship issue.

HisWillness wrote:

Hitchens doesn't argue that Irving's views are valid, in fact at one point (in the second half of that debate) he calls the man's views "secondary".

Ooooh, he really insulted Irving there. C'mon, Irving is a joke. His work isn't secondary, it's hate filled horse shit. Hitchens gives him way too much credit.

HisWillness wrote:

It seems like he has some sort of thyroid condition or mild Tourettes. If that's his "nervous", I guess it's a good thing he's a writer and not a television personality. It looks as though his shoulders are eventually going to meet with his ears!

Agreed. I wanted give him a drink and tell him to relax.

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christos wrote:Ciarin

Christos wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

I checked out the link in your signature. So you worship Roman Religion? Do you speak Latin?

I don't worship roman religion. But I do follow it's traditions and rituals as much as practically possible. I speak very little latin. I'm currently studying arabic, but afterwards I plan on studying latin more as well as Old English.

manofmanynames (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
  Tapey wrote: But that

Tapey wrote:

But that doesn't explain why we can't say it or write it. It explains why they can't.

Well, the poster only asked individuals not to say it or to write it, out of respect for him, not necessarily out of respect for his God. Its sort of like how some people don't appreciate foul language, so out of respect, I'd refrain from being a potty mouth in front of them. I didn't see what was so hard about that, it was a fairly simple request, and there was no reason why anyone couldn't grant him that. 

But of course Hamy likes to behave like an annoying child, a possible loser in his normal everyday life, one has to wonder if he even has friends who actually like him outside the forum. He likes to provoke behind a computer screen, for no other purpose than the sake of provoking, and with his autonomy here he can do so freely. 

User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:3.

Hambydammit wrote:

3. Censoring those who speak ill of you:  Persecuting.

Stop being a whino. He didn't censor you, he only politely requested that you didn't. Censoring is if i called you a bitch, and then use your mod powers to delete that word in reference to you. You sure have a persecution complex don't you?

He had a polite request, he didn't try and force you to follow it, but only requested that out of a free respect for him, that you didn't. 

Let's prove how big of an idiot you are. When the RRS (and nearly every other forum) deletes posts that speak ill of them, of Kelly, or Sapient, etc.. are you saying that they're engaging in persecution? 

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
If you own a website and you

If you own a website and you choose not to post something on it that's not censorship. You own it! Censorship is when someone else comes in and tells you that you can't post something on the website you own.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft

User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote:If you own a

Gauche wrote:

If you own a website and you choose not to post something on it that's not censorship. You own it! Censorship is when someone else comes in and tells you that you can't post something on the website you own.

lol, the actual definition of the word seems to suggest it being the other way around. If i request that you please don't call me nigger,  i'm not censoring you.

censor |ˈsensər|noun

an official who examines material that is about to be released, such as books,moviesnews, and art, and suppresses any parts that are considered obscene,politically unacceptable, or a threat to security.

verb [ trans. (often be censored)examine (a book, movie, etc.) officially and suppress unacceptable parts of it my mailwas being censored.

Unless you want to argue that RRS mods are not officials who examine forum post and remove or suppress unacceptable parts of it.

Now, what I fail to find is a way the term "censoring" applies to what hammer requested.

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
This isn't a very difficult

This isn't a very difficult concept. If I own a newsstand and I choose not to sell hustler magazine I'm not censoring hustler magazine. I can sell what i want. It's my newsstand. If another person tries to compel me not to sell hustler magazine that is censorship. If I own a chocolate factory and I chose not to sell nougat I'm not censoring nougat. It's my fucking chocolate factory. My factory, mine mine mine, get it?

A one line definition of "censoring" which doesn't take into account ownership and choice is not justification for describing my non-selling of nougat and hustler magazine as censorship whether it's official policy or not. "Official" means that you have the authority to take some action. Of course the owner of a website has the authority to choose what to post and what to exclude. That's not censorship it's discretion.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft

User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote:This isn't a

Gauche wrote:

This isn't a very difficult concept. If I own a newsstand and I choose not to sell hustler magazine I'm not censoring hustler magazine. I can sell what i want. It's my newsstand. If another person tries to compel me not to sell hustler magazine that is censorship. If I own a chocolate factory and I chose not to sell nougat I'm not censoring nougat. It's my fucking chocolate factory. My factory, mine mine mine, get it?

Yes you are. And haven't You heard of self-censorship?

Quote:
A one line definition of "censoring"

Sorry buddy, even a lengthy encylopedia defination of term would support what I had previously said, and not what you claim. 

Quote:
which doesn't take into account ownership and choice is not justification for describing my non-selling of nougat and hustler magazine as censorship whether it's official policy or not. "Official" means that you have the authority to take some action. Of course the owner of a website has the authority to choose what to post and what to exclude. That's not censorship it's discretion.

The problem here little buddy is not what the term censorship means, it's that feeling of being butt hurt when the term implies to you. I'm not claiming there's anything wrong with censorship, like the guy who owns a news stand refusing to cell hustler magazine, or the RRS clearing out those who demean them.

And as much as you want to react passionetly to the term, the RRS engages in censorship. IF Hamyidiot wants to go and call censorship persecution because of hammer asked if individuals could politely refrain from spelling out "Yahweh", than the RRS surely engages in persecution as well, with the number of post they remove, and delete material from.

And I would love to see his dumb ass wiggle out of this one.

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have heard of

I have heard of self-censorship and me choosing not to sell hustler magazine and nougat because I don't like them isn't it.

"Self-censorship is the act of censoring or classifying one's own work (blog, book(s), film(s), or other means of expression), out of fear or deference to the sensibilities of others without an authority directly pressuring one to do so."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-censorship

You should actually read that lenghty encyclopedia definition of censorship before you assume that you know what it means because what you're describing doesn't fit any definition of censorship, polital, moral, religious or even corporate.

H.P. Lovecraft

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
manofmanynames wrote:Gauche

manofmanynames wrote:

Gauche wrote:

Yes you are. And haven't You heard of self-censorship?

Quote:
A one line definition of "censoring"

Sorry buddy, even a lengthy encylopedia defination of term would support what I had previously said, and not what you claim. 

Quote:
which doesn't take into account ownership and choice is not justification for describing my non-selling of nougat and hustler magazine as censorship whether it's official policy or not. "Official" means that you have the authority to take some action. Of course the owner of a website has the authority to choose what to post and what to exclude. That's not censorship it's discretion.

The problem here little buddy is not what the term censorship means, it's that feeling of being butt hurt when the term implies to you. I'm not claiming there's anything wrong with censorship, like the guy who owns a news stand refusing to cell hustler magazine, or the RRS clearing out those who demean them.

And as much as you want to react passionetly to the term, the RRS engages in censorship. IF Hamyidiot wants to go and call censorship persecution because of hammer asked if individuals could politely refrain from spelling out "Yahweh", than the RRS surely engages in persecution as well, with the number of post they remove, and delete material from.

And I would love to see his dumb ass wiggle out of this one.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Hambi, nor did any other moderator say, "We will ban you for making the request"

Hammer made the request, that we coddle his insecurities, and it was RIGHTFULLY  rejected! Not because Hammer is Jewish, but because Hammer cannot, nor ever will be able to demonstrate why his penis will go limp if someone outside his club mentions his super hero by name.

Hammer left in a huff. No one stopped him from comming back. He chose not to because of his own insecurities, not because of your false accusations of persicution.

Atheists have been equated to "evil" and "immorality" and have been equated to Po Pot, Stalin and Hitler. I am not crying that the need to claims cease. I am fighting back to demand that they prove what they claim.

When Hammer can prove that he will drop dead from a heart attack or stroke because I invoked his magical super hero's "taboo" name, and can get the results peer reviewed by the AMA, then I will apologize.

I am quite sure that Hammer has no need to apologize when people say " You wont get 72 virgins and women shouldn't have to dress up in tents"

Cry me a river when someone tells you Santa doesn't exist. If you or Hammer, or any Hindu or Scientologist claims they got it right. WE WONT STOP YOU FROM CLAIMING IT. But you are a fool if you think we wont demand evidence!

User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote:w what it means

Gauche wrote:

w what it means because what you're describing doesn't fit any definition of censorship, polital, moral, religious or even corporate.

You're right about one thing, I had read your examples wrongs, you nougat example and if it's taken to be in the same context as your hustle article, that wouldn't be censorship.  Just because I prefer not to call everybody Yabadaba, that doesn't neccesarily mean i'm censoring myself. But these examples have nothing to do with what the RRS does.

The gripe I took with you, was from your initial response to me, that claimed that when the RRS deletes post they find demeaning to the site founders, or to the site itself, regardless if they own the site or not, that's censorship. They're well within their rights to censor my post, but it's still censorship regardless.

To illustrate this with your newsstand, assume your the owner of the actual stand, and you allow people to rent out the stand and sell whatever they want with it. Someone comes and rents that stand and decides to sell magazines and papers, but the owner comes along and prohibits the man from selling hustler, when the man himself wanted to, and forces him to take whatever remaining issues he has off the racks. That's censorship.

If i say Hamy is a fag, and he deletes my post, and bans me from the site because of it, he censored me, regardless of he's the owner of the site or not.

Hammer wasn't acting as a censor at all, at best he was requesting if individuals here would self-censor themselves from using a term that offended him. But in self-censorship, the "self" is the censor, not the individual requesting it. 

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
At least you admit that the

At least you admit that the OP was calling for self-censorship, which is a form of censorship. All of this could end right now if you would take 5 minutes and actually find out what censorship is. According to the definition you provided, my choice not to sell nougat would be censorship but self-censorship in most cases wouldn't be censorship.

My examples about nougat and hustler were only meant to illustrate that if you own something it's within your discretion what you do with it, not another person's discretion. That isn't censorship it's just you choosing what to do with shit that you own. But you're right those examples have nothing to do with what the RRS does because what the RRS does is even further from censorship than that.

A closer analogy would be if I own a newsstand and you come and put a sign on the front of it that says "THE OWNER IS A FAG". Somehow in your diseased syphilitic mind you believe that if I take the sign down I'm censoring you even though I'm the fucking owner and you're just some asshole who put a sign on the front of MY SHIT against MY RULES that I HAVE COMPLETE DISCRETION IN DEFINING.

You've made no investment. You're posting here for free on a forum that somebody else paid for within the rules that they‎ chose. That's the whole fucking story, beginning middle and end. If you don't like it then make your own website and post whatever the hell you want on it.

H.P. Lovecraft

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
manofmanynames wrote:Gauche

manofmanynames wrote:

Gauche wrote:

w what it means because what you're describing doesn't fit any definition of censorship, polital, moral, religious or even corporate.

You're right about one thing, I had read your examples wrongs, you nougat example and if it's taken to be in the same context as your hustle article, that wouldn't be censorship.  Just because I prefer not to call everybody Yabadaba, that doesn't neccesarily mean i'm censoring myself. But these examples have nothing to do with what the RRS does.

The gripe I took with you, was from your initial response to me, that claimed that when the RRS deletes post they find demeaning to the site founders, or to the site itself, regardless if they own the site or not, that's censorship. They're well within their rights to censor my post, but it's still censorship regardless.

To illustrate this with your newsstand, assume your the owner of the actual stand, and you allow people to rent out the stand and sell whatever they want with it. Someone comes and rents that stand and decides to sell magazines and papers, but the owner comes along and prohibits the man from selling hustler, when the man himself wanted to, and forces him to take whatever remaining issues he has off the racks. That's censorship.

If i say Hamy is a fag, and he deletes my post, and bans me from the site because of it, he censored me, regardless of he's the owner of the site or not.

Hammer wasn't acting as a censor at all, at best he was requesting if individuals here would self-censor themselves from using a term that offended him. But in self-censorship, the "self" is the censor, not the individual requesting it. 

Do not equate exposing a needless superstition to a biggoted slur, they are not the same subject.

Saying "Yahwey" is not going to bring the end of the world or make anyone's penis fall off magically. It is not bigoted to point out reality.

Calling someone "fag" in a mean ignorent way, is not a demonstration of credible evidence, it is a display of personal insecurities.

Read, re-read, untill it soaks in.

1. "Santa is not real, that is an absurd claim"=Statement of fact, not bigotry.

2. "COMMIE, HEEB, NIGGER, ATHEISTS LOVE HITLER, SPIC, FAG!"=Bigotry

Unrelated.

It is irrational for anyone to set up a taboo and expect others not to question it. Galileo was put under house arrest for telling the truth and was done so because he broke the "taboo" of telling the Church they got it wrong.

We don't hate Jews and it is NOT bigoted to say, "Your wee wee will not fall off if someone says the name of your deity".

So knock it off. Hambi did nothing wrong.

User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote:My examples

Gauche wrote:

My examples about nougat and hustler were only meant to illustrate that if you own something it's within your discretion what you do with it, not another person's discretion. 

A closer analogy would be if I own a newsstand and you come and put a sign on the front of it that says "THE OWNER IS A FAG". Somehow in your diseased syphilitic mind you believe that if I take the sign down I'm censoring you even though I'm the fucking owner and you're just some asshole who put a sign on the front of MY SHIT against MY RULES that I HAVE COMPLETE DISCRETION IN DEFINING.

No deluded one that's not what I claimed. Your issue is with this ownership part. So let's see if we can get that brain of yours working.

If the Government came in and prohibited individuals on the RRS forum from creating post that call Sapient at idiot, you would consider that censorship, right?

But if the RRS forum mods in here prohibited individuals on the RRS forum from creating posting that call Sapient an idiot, you wouldn't consider that censorship right?

I want you to find one definition of censorship, that censorship is dependent on ownership, that defines one of these as censorship and the other as not.

And your sign analogy doesn't work. I notice your incapable of making accurate analogies, which kind of reveals the lack of thought you're putting out here. The sign analogy should be more like the owner allows individuals to post signs in the front of his newsstand, but censors certain type of signs from being posted. 

Do RRS mods examine forum post and officially suppress unacceptable parts of it? Answer this, it's a yes or no question. 

Here's the definition of censor:

verb [ trans. (often be censored)examine (a bookmovieetc.) officially and suppress unacceptable parts of it .

Is what the mods do, perfectly aligned with what the definition of censor is here? Answer this, it's a yes or no question.

You seem to take issue with this definition, but so far you have not provided an alternative definition from any dictionary, or encyclopedia article to support your definition of it, you pulled it out your ass, and wish it were true, but just because you wish for it to be true, doesn't make it so. 

You can argue the definition of censorship all you want, but so far it amounts to you claiming that a cat is really a duck. When you find actual support on your views of censorship you let me know, if you can't, you probably should go and crawl back into your hole, before you embarrass yourself even further. 

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
D:

There is so much rage in this thread.

So, I'm gay. Does that mean I get to rage with flair and throw pink triangles around for sympathy for the holocaust?

Do I get to make special demands based off this?

Can I talk about persecution yet? When do I get a turn?

At least can I address traditional jewish attire as poor fashion?

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Do not equate

Brian37 wrote:

Do not equate exposing a needless superstition to a bigoted slur, they are not the same subject.

Brian you're definitely the most face-palm inducing individuals on this forum. You seem incapable of even understanding a basic argument. You foam too much at the idea of religion, that your deluded projections seem to have taken over you.

I have not once said anything was a bigoted slur. I may support the claim that Hamy is an asshole, but i do not support the claim that he is a bigot. 

If you're a kid who doesn't believe in Santa Claus that's fine, if you're a kid who feels the need to go around and tell every other kid on Christmas there isn't  a Santa Claus, you'd be an asshole, someone whose sole purpose is to provoke, and nothing more. 

But regardless of this, what's being discussed is not even if Hamy is an asshole or a bigot but what the meaning of censorship is, but somehow your little brain couldn't figure that out. 

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
manofmanynames wrote:Brian37

manofmanynames wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Do not equate exposing a needless superstition to a bigoted slur, they are not the same subject.

Brian you're definitely the most face-palm inducing individuals on this forum. You seem incapable of even understanding a basic argument. You foam too much at the idea of religion, that your deluded projections seem to have taken over you.

I have not once said anything was a bigoted slur. I may support the claim that Hamy is an asshole, but i do not support the claim that he is a bigot. 

If you're a kid who doesn't believe in Santa Claus that's fine, if you're a kid who feels the need to go around and tell every other kid on Christmas there isn't  a Santa Claus, you'd be an asshole, someone whose sole purpose is to provoke, and nothing more. 

But regardless of this, what's being discussed is not even if Hamy is an asshole or a bigot but what the meaning of censorship is, but somehow your little brain couldn't figure that out. 

"If i say Hamy is a fag, and he deletes my post..."

That was the slur that was mentioned above, that was mentioned by Brian of you using for comparison.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
As to the other topic being

As to the other topic being argued: what he made was a demand for self-censorship, giving an ultimatum that he would leave otherwise.

Which is entirely unreasonable on an atheist forum that is designed to discuss everything.

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
You've already conceded that

You've already conceded that the OP was asking everyone to self-censor and that the "censorship" this website engages in is ethical. You clearly lack the sophistication to understand even simple concepts like the fact that free speech may legitimately be limited when conflicting with the rights of others like property rights, not to mention more nuanced one's like the difference between censorship and editing. What is your point exactly, that a definition of "censoring" that would just as easily apply to changing the channel on your television also applies here? Congratulations!

Instead of asking me stupid questions you should be trying to explain what type of censorship it is and how it's distinguishable from the discretion of a property owner over the control and use of their property which is a fundamental principle of the concept of property rights, or editing which is the prerogative of someone in authority within the publishing entity, or at least how it's a bad thing.

Oh wait. You're a fucking idiot who doesn't even know what censorship is and you've already conceded everything else.   

H.P. Lovecraft

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
manofmanynames wrote:Brian37

manofmanynames wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Of course I "foam" at the idea of religion, and am as frustrated at the same mass delusion that Galileo had to fight when he was put under house arrest for pointing out the FACT that the earth rotated around the sun.

Of course my point is to provoke. Do not mistake me for a "Martin Luther King" version of atheists. There are plenty out there who would take King's approach. I am not one of them.

I love the STRICTLY verbal boxing ring. I a am more of a Malcom X atheist. I have no desire to stick you in an oven, or lock you up because you make absurd claims.

Jefferson equated the virgin birth and death of Jesus as being the same catigory of Manervia being born out of the brain of Jupiter.

Of course I do "foam" but you equate my "foaming" as the same form of fascism of Hitler, or theocratic Iran or the fascism of the dark ages.

If you want to accuse me of being passionate. GUILTY AS CHARGED. BUT do not equate me to fans who think that it is more important to defend a "feeling" than it is for humanity to colaborate in finding objective fact.

The fact has always remained that humans like to claim super heros. The fact remains that these claims are as absurd as Spider Man or Thor Or Osirus. What do modern humans think they are doing differently?

User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote:Oh wait. You're

Gauche wrote:

Oh wait. You're a fucking idiot who doesn't even know what censorship is and you've already conceded everything else.   

A feat of avoidance clearly shows who the real idiot is. I asked you two simple questions, that I explicitly asked you to respond to and you fled like a little bitch. But tis cool. 

You latched on to a post, a reply to hamby, who claimed that hammer asking politely if people would refrain from spelling out the word Yahweh out of respect for him, as censorship, and claiming that he (hamby) was being "persecuted" as a result. And if hamby was stupid enough to equate censorship with persecution, then you'd have plenty of trolls, and theist on these forums claiming "persecution" as well. 

I asked you to find one definition in support of your view of censorship and you still have not done it. I wonder why?  Clearly the definition of the term supports my claim that the RRS site censors (this is not claim that that's a bad thing or a good thing), and you have failed to demonstrate even one point in which the term according to the dictionary or any other material defining the term, for which the use here would not apply.

You pulled some definition out of your ass, and want everybody to take it on blind faith, that a cat is actually a duck. So I suggest if you can't put out, you shut the fuck up. You can call me an idiot all you want, but clearly you've demonstrated who the real idiot here is.