ARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Yaerav
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
ARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Soooooo, I finally thought I had found a more or less open-minded creationist theist, we had an interesting, long, discussion about philosophy, morality, science. I genuinely enjoyed it, and it was not overly hard to remain remain patient and friendly.

I was not the only participant in the discussion. Besides  one other theist who was mostly confused about everything and otherwise limited him(?)self to spouting Pascal's Wager over and over, there was one rather less patient non-theist who behaved, at times, rather rudely.

So, what happened: the "open-minded theist", eventually, advised the other, confused, theist that

a) The rudeness of the rude non-theist proved that christians are morally superior to atheists;
b) That my polite, eloquent-ish comments and my apparent understanding of Scripture, proved that I was in league with Satan.

So the polar opposite attitudes of two people were reason to mistrust both people. And that from some guy who was acting interested and basically rather friendly for all but the last bit of the discussion. How, by Beelzebub's belly button can anybody expect to ever get through to... that?!

And this was not in the USA, but in the Netherlands. Truly, the outspoken Christian government we have at the moment is bringing the most slimy of slimy creeps-with-fake-smiles out of the woodworks!

*Growls. huffs, grits teeth.

Ok, so far my rant, I just needed to vent a little, and this seemed like the perfect place. Carry on Eye-wink

One_week_ago (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the real

Welcome to the real world!

The reason science works is that there are rules and violating them eliminates one from the discussion. The religion debate has no rules. You just learned that the hard way. Learn from your mistakes.

Religion deserves no quarter in any of its manifestations. Here the mod gods are on the side of the zionists. Careful. Stick it to them before they stick it to you.

anniet
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
Yaerav wrote:b) That my

Yaerav wrote:

b) That my polite, eloquent-ish comments and my apparent understanding of Scripture, proved that I was in league with Satan.

Yeah, that one's always fun.  I bet you didn't know that you had supernatural powers did you?    Go Satan's minions!!

"I am that I am." - Proof that the writers of the bible were beyond stoned.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yaerav

Yaerav wrote:

ARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

So that's how you pronounce your name

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Well, perhaps they should

Well, perhaps they should hang out with devil worshipers to test that idea? lol

I wonder how nice they'll be before they ask which one is the virgin and born on a solstice?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Yaerav
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
anniet wrote:Yeah, that

anniet wrote:
Yeah, that one's always fun.  I bet you didn't know that you had supernatural powers did you?    Go Satan's minions!!

Forsooth, I shall smote them with my ebil smotage!

(sigh... sometimes I almost wish I were religious)

Yaerav
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
spike.barnett wrote:Yaerav

spike.barnett wrote:

Yaerav wrote:

ARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

So that's how you pronounce your name

Close

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yaerav wrote:open-minded

Yaerav wrote:

open-minded creationist theist

If theres such thing as a Triple Oxymoron, i think i found it

What Would Kharn Do?

Yaerav
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:Yaerav

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Yaerav wrote:

open-minded creationist theist

If theres such thing as a Triple Oxymoron, i think i found it

An open-minded creationist will probably not be a creationist for much longer, heh.

Interesting example is mr Knevel, a christian talkshowhost, chairman of our "Evangelical Broadcast" and one of the top dog creationists- who, to the surprise of many and outrage of some, recently announced that he was no longer able to ignore the evidence and was now of the opinion that God and evolution are not mutually exclusive.

Naturally, within the week he felt forced to apologize in some other talkshow, although he still stands by his conviction. For which I tip my hat. Although I still think he is a creep. And I do not wear a hat. But anyway.

What I mostly mean by "open-minded" is people who see God in the trees, the birds, the sun and the wind, but consider their faith to be something personal, and find the concept of a "loving and just God" more important then harping on about hell and damnation. But true, few if any of those would be creationists.

Yaerav
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
One_week_ago wrote:Welcome

One_week_ago wrote:

Welcome to the real world!

The reason science works is that there are rules and violating them eliminates one from the discussion. The religion debate has no rules. You just learned that the hard way. Learn from your mistakes.

Religion deserves no quarter in any of its manifestations. Here the mod gods are on the side of the zionists. Careful. Stick it to them before they stick it to you.

I am curently out of stamina for the whole Israel debate I fear... I was very active (and fueled by adrenaline) for a while- I would confront agressive Muslems, verbally kick them against the shins, then seek out the Israel-lobbyists and slap them around. On a good day I would be called both a zionazi and an anti-semite

Problem with both sides that both of them have bricks for brains, and eyes that are blinded by hatred for the other side- and both sides think that whoever is not for them is against them. Which, eventually, became more frustrating then I could stomach, so I temporarily retired from those debates (only to run into more bricks-for-brains in the evolution vs creation thing... oh well)