A new project for my spare time

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
A new project for my spare time

I came across a Buddist critique of Christianity. The gentleman compiled a list of bible passages which in fact describe the physical appearance of this god. It appears the graven image prohibition was to leave the description verbal.

From what I have read so far this god has fire coming from his mouth and smoke from his nose which is reminiscent of one of the Hindu gods. This may explain why the priest Josephus ignored the claims of Genesis and said the Judeans originated in India. And this shows the "jews" of his day did not yet take the Torah seriously -- it was not yet authoritative and from the firebreathing god.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
One_week_ago wrote:I came

One_week_ago wrote:

I came across a Buddist critique of Christianity. The gentleman compiled a list of bible passages which in fact describe the physical appearance of this god. It appears the graven image prohibition was to leave the description verbal.

From what I have read so far this god has fire coming from his mouth and smoke from his nose which is reminiscent of one of the Hindu gods. This may explain why the priest Josephus ignored the claims of Genesis and said the Judeans originated in India. And this shows the "jews" of his day did not yet take the Torah seriously -- it was not yet authoritative and from the firebreathing god.

Make that Hindu demon. I vaguely remember one like that in a bas relief temple carving.

Maybe Josephus was onto somethng with a connection to Hindustan. There is little information on the extent of the hindustani influence outside of the country. There was trade with the east and southeast coasts of Arabia. Unfortunately the Saudi royal family has not gotten the archaeology bug so details are sketchy.

We can leap forward to the Koran from the west coast of Arabia which is also the east coast of the Red Sea. It contains the only record of the pre-islamic region being ruled by Jewish kings. While it stands out as being a single, unconfirmed record it is unclear why it would have been fabricated or how it could have been foisted off as real history on the people who lived it.

Largely overlooked is this region was also part of the old kingdom of Egypt. Old as in the first kingdom that created a single king from the upper Nile down to Yemen. This makes the region part of the second oldest civilization in the world -- if you aren't to picky about divisions in Mesopotamia. It does not take much to have a few exotic ideas from Hindustan travel from SE Arabia to western Arabia to inspire an original description of a god. So they thought a demon was a god.

With such a very foreign influence it might explain the central characteristics of Judaism noted as far back as Tacitus, the hatred of other religions and a tendency to adopt as sacred what other religions consider profane and vice versa. Characteristics unfortunately adopted by Christians and Muslims. Leave it to Christians in a civilized world to adopt symbolic canablism. Leave it to Jews to adopt ritual, genital mutilation among civilized people.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml