So your telling me I'm born into this contract...

Adroit
atheist
Adroit's picture
User is offlineOffline
So your telling me I'm born into this contract...

So lemme get this straight...

If I win I go to heaven forever, but if i lose I burn in hell forever?

What if I don't want to play this game?

Oh yeah I go to hell for quitting....

Thats an insane amount of pressure on me to worship the benevolent and just God who is forcing that pressure upon me.

I never signed into this contract!!!

This is unfair!!!

isn't it unfair?

Thankfully this is not true, but i certainly feel bad for people under this pressure...

enzoconti
atheist
User is offlineOffline
You go to hell for asking

You go to hell for asking the question!

Now shut up and keep kissing my ass!!!

Yours faithfully,

god

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
enzoconti wrote:You go to

enzoconti wrote:

Now shut up and keep kissing my ass!!!

Yours faithfully,

god

I can speak for myself you know... I'm putting you on the naughty list!

Worship me or else!

-Sincerely Me, the one God was asking when he said "Let there be light, please..."

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
enzoconti wrote:You go to

enzoconti wrote:

Oh, and by the way, I have also laid down a universe full of evidence contradicting every religious text ever written.

Why did I do that?

How dare you ask such a thing!

Now, I'm off to roll around in all of the money collected by the Evangelicals on my behalf... don't call me, I'll call you.

Ye Old Lord and Savior

Eight Foot Manchild
Eight Foot Manchild's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christians need to first

Christians need to first convince you that you are a worthless piece of shit before their mythology can even appear relevant, which it isn't.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Interesting point. God: You

Interesting point.

God: You are an atheist. No room in heaven for you, sorry. Burn in hellfire!

Me: Nope. See, I never signed your ass-backwards contract. I'm immune. I'll just be on my way now, enjoy eternal boredom!

God: .....damn.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

JustAnotherBeliever
TheistBronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Adroit wrote:So lemme get

Adroit wrote:

Thats an insane amount of pressure on me to worship the benevolent and just God who is forcing that pressure upon me.

This is unfair!!!

isn't it unfair?

Thankfully this is not true, but i certainly feel bad for people under this pressure...

Burning in hell is a parable for the rich guy who pissed on other people his whole life...doesnt mean thats what hell is like. God is not less fair than us (in america who have the nicest jails in the world). (Its not a terrible metaphor to say heaven and hell are same place; but everyone feels differently about it) Theyre not real places anyway. The real message is you put yourself in your own hell especially here on earth. You punish yourself if you dont get caught or you get punished by someone else if you do get caught in one way or another. If there is a next life, we're stuck with the character we have from this one; and there may be punishment for what we've done wrong, especially what we know we've done wrong. Whats key is whether we want to be in a place without the desire to sin or not. Most do not want to be in that place.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
JustAnotherBeliever

JustAnotherBeliever wrote:

Adroit wrote:

This is unfair!!!

isn't it unfair?

Burning in hell is a parable for the rich guy who pissed on other people his whole life...doesnt mean thats what hell is like. God is not less fair than us (in america who have the nicest jails in the world). (Its not a terrible metaphor to say heaven and hell are same place; but everyone feels differently about it) Theyre not real places anyway. The real message is you put yourself in your own hell especially here on earth. You punish yourself if you dont get caught or you get punished by someone else if you do get caught in one way or another. If there is a next life, we're stuck with the character we have from this one; and there may be punishment for what we've done wrong, especially what we know we've done wrong. Whats key is whether we want to be in a place without the desire to sin or not. Most do not want to be in that place.

America has the nicest jails in the world? Have you ever been anywhere else? The only worse jails are run by despots and dictators.

The rest of your comment ignores the fact that morality and ethics are learned. Each person has their own. And some people have no capability to feel what you suggest they should(whether through birth defect or brain damage). Are these then gods holy warriors, with the right to kill and slaughter and maim as they see fit? I doubt it.

Proper Gander
Proper Gander's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet

Vastet wrote:

(in america who have the nicest jails in the world).

America has the nicest jails in the world? Have you ever been anywhere else? The only worse jails are run by despots and dictators.

No shit. If you really need this confirmed, look at this video (showing pictures) of a Swedish prison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUgrYU5xF_s

It's not perfect though, because it doesn't show that the inmates have their own computers as well.

"Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy."

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Proper Gander wrote:Vastet

Proper Gander wrote:

Vastet wrote:

(in america who have the nicest jails in the world).

No shit. If you really need this confirmed, look at this video (showing pictures) of a Swedish prison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUgrYU5xF_s

It's not perfect though, because it doesn't show that the inmates have their own computers as well.

I'm not going to look at a Youtube vid that could've come from anywhere. You also couldn't have picked a worse country to compare to. Sweden has far more humane prisons than the US could even dream of.

Proper Gander
Proper Gander's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Could have come from

"Could have come from anywhere"? What exactly is that supposed to mean? It was made and posted by a Swede, if that's your point, but I know prisons look like that. I've seen them.

In any case, my post was to 98% a joke, 1% showing off and 1% an attempt to raise my post count. You're not supposed to take it that seriously, dude.

"Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy."

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Proper Gander wrote:"Could

Proper Gander wrote:

"Could have come from anywhere"? What exactly is that supposed to mean? It was made and posted by a Swede, if that's your point, but I know prisons look like that. I've seen them.

In any case, my post was to 98% a joke, 1% showing off and 1% an attempt to raise my post count. You're not supposed to take it that seriously, dude.

Anything posted on a site like Youtube is hardly something I could consider official and proper, regardless of the supposed identity of the poster(which could easily be faked). It's like pointing to Wikipedia for proof of a historical scenario. Sure, it might be accurate, but it's just as likely not(though less so in recent years, at wikipedias inception they were the opposite of trustworthy). An encyclopedia or actual historical documentation would be a better place to look. In this scenario, an official source such as the government of Sweden would be something I'd accept. Which is exactly where I looked after reading your post. I also drew on my own knowledge of the American justice system, which is the one of the worst systems in the free world, that I am aware of. A system which has imprisoned or will imprison an approximate third of the entire US population within the lifetimes of the populace. A prison system which has had chronic overcrowding problems for decades. A system which does not acknowledge many medical problems by its population, and does not provide proper nutrition to all its convicts. Amongst a great many other things. Mexico is the only democracy I can think of with even worse conditions.

As for you intending it as a joke/etc., I am sorry I hadn't seen it as such. I probably should have, but when posting I quite often take things literally. In this case that was apparently a mistake.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Proper Gander wrote:No shit.

Proper Gander wrote:

Holy fuck! I'm moving to Sweden and stealing some shit!

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Proper Gander

Vastet wrote:

Proper Gander wrote:

Anything posted on a site like Youtube is hardly something I could consider official and proper, regardless of the supposed identity of the poster(which could easily be faked). It's like pointing to Wikipedia for proof of a historical scenario. Sure, it might be accurate, but it's just as likely not(though less so in recent years, at wikipedias inception they were the opposite of trustworthy). An encyclopedia or actual historical documentation would be a better place to look. In this scenario, an official source such as the government of Sweden would be something I'd accept. Which is exactly where I looked after reading your post. I also drew on my own knowledge of the American justice system, which is the one of the worst systems in the free world, that I am aware of. A system which has imprisoned or will imprison an approximate third of the entire US population within the lifetimes of the populace. A prison system which has had chronic overcrowding problems for decades. A system which does not acknowledge many medical problems by its population, and does not provide proper nutrition to all its convicts. Amongst a great many other things. Mexico is the only democracy I can think of with even worse conditions.

As for you intending it as a joke/etc., I am sorry I hadn't seen it as such. I probably should have, but when posting I quite often take things literally. In this case that was apparently a mistake.

I find your responses odd because I think that guy was agreeing with you and showing the youtube video as evidence to help your point.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:Vastet

Ciarin wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Proper Gander wrote:

I find your responses odd because I think that guy was agreeing with you and showing the youtube video as evidence to help your point.

He asked me

Proper Gander wrote:

"Could have come from anywhere"? What exactly is that supposed to mean?

so I answered him. I hadn't watched the video. I'd taken his post as an argument, not as intended.

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:He asked

Vastet wrote:

He asked me

Proper Gander wrote:

so I answered him. I hadn't watched the video. I'd taken his post as an argument, not as intended.

He agreed with you when he said "no shit" and then gave an example of a prison that is nicer than an american one.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:Vastet wrote:He

Ciarin wrote:

Vastet wrote:

He asked me

Proper Gander wrote:

He agreed with you when he said "no shit" and then gave an example of a prison that is nicer than an american one.

I'd thought he was being sarcastic. Since it's been drawn out so much, I will also say that I was distracted at the time.