"The Prisoner's" Vatican Village

AdvancedAtheist
User is offlineOffline
"The Prisoner's" Vatican Village

I find it ironic that actor Patrick McGoohan, who died the other day, belonged to a church whose leader usually has an ordinal number in his name.

Couldn't you imagine the current pope arguing with the men who chose him: "You are Benedict the 16th." "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
In other news, he also

In other news, he also played the role of Edward the first in "Braveheart".  Since I happen to have huge historical wood, I really must observe that not only was he "number six" in the village but he was also number six of the fifteen Plantagenet kings of England.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh Gene!!

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

In other news, he also played the role of Edward the first in "Braveheart".  Since I happen to have huge historical wood, I really must observe that not only was he "number six" in the village but he was also number six of the fifteen Plantagenet kings of England.

Edward I Longshanks was the second of 5 Plantagenet Kings. I think your counting Angevins in with the wrong French house.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh jeffrick!!

I am counting from Henry the second who was the son of the first Plantagenet, Geoffrey the fifth of Anjou. There were four other kings in between him and Longshanks and they all used the broom plant (Genet in French) as a symbol of the office.

You are right that there were three more Anjou Kings after Longshanks. Additionally, they were followed by the three Lancaster Kings and the three York Kings and all six of them also used the designation of Plantagenet as well.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=