CNN does not Sully Hudson river plane crash with gawad.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
CNN does not Sully Hudson river plane crash with gawad.

Mind you having been in media, especially tv, clips and diologue are edited on the half hour and every 15 mins, so the script can change.

But the package I saw just a while ago, spoke of the Captain, not really wanting all the attention for merely doing his job.

But, in this pagage there was no mention of God, and the piolot accepting his reluctant and muted reward said, paraphrasing, "Curcumstances and training" refuring to why the outcome was what it was.

In reality, since I was not at his speech, I don't know if he made any referances to a magical being, but I am proud of CNN, at least in that package that I saw, that hey did not place deity belief as if they were an extention of McDeity that should be sold at all costs as a priority.

It was a package of human empathy. Both the Christian and atheist can look at that plane crash and be in awe of the outcome. I am proud of the pilot himself, regardless of his beliefs, of seeing it merely as a job rather than an opportunity to make a book deal.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't watch the news on TV

I don't watch the news on TV any more. It always pisses me off. They don't have such a thing as just fact news it seems. At least not that I have seen in some time. I read the paper/internet and watch the Daily Show for my news.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace