Gaza: The answer to an atheist's prayer

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gaza: The answer to an atheist's prayer

What is the best way to spread atheism? Insist that Israel is the will of god. Insist the Jews who run Israel are acting as the Chosen People of god. Agree with everything the fundies insist is true and then point to Gaza to show what that means in practice.

I took the time to put together an atheist's presentation of the will of this god. http://www.giwersworld.org/antisem/GAZA-pics is what I could find. You can click on the Prime Minister's statement to see what he insists has to be taken into account to justify the main collection of images, what Israel claims to be the justification for the slaughter. I used everything I could find to illustrate the PM's desired offsets to the actions of the Chosen People on behalf of all Jews.

If this is not sufficient to sell the case of atheism I will have to work harder.

Tens of millions of born again rednecks in the US support anything Israel does. There are many times more Christian rednecks than Jewish rednecks. All support this slaughter.

This is the god of the West.

Use this god to promote atheism.

Why do we have to work when the crazies give us all this free material? Use it.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:..."the

ZuS wrote:

"the Palestinians can have a state if they want, or they can call it fried chicken"

Meaning that the end result of the occupation will not be any more a palestinian state than fried chicken could be called a state.

The west has smacked down nations like this before. In both world wars the US had a huge population of German ancestery and with the second one a population of Italian ancestry nearly as large.

Beyond the Jewish lobby which brags about its power and condemns a non-Jew who mentions it, I see two factors which mitigate ending his nonsense.

1) If the Jewish government it replaced, the Palestinians become a nuclear power.

2) Any embargo will fall on the occupied Palestinians first and the non-jewish Israelis second. Consider them hostages to an embargo. (But still these first line victims call for one.)

As for its day to day profitability, it is the sex capital of the Med and ranked the same as Thailand and for the same reasons. It is the Ecstacy capital of the world and has a share of other drugs. It is a major money laundering center. Ever since Meier Lansky they have learned to "emigrate" with their no-questions-asked cash before there are major indictments. against them. They just have to be worth more than their bad press.

It is also a major player in gun running being behind the fighting in Darfur. It supplies the Kurds against the Turks. It supplied Iran in the Iran-Contra affair. It is a major player in the blood diamond and coltan markets.

When one considers it foreign exchange comes mainly from tourism and out of season crops just like Mexico one has to question how its above board arms sales can possibly support the country even at its barely modest level by European standards.

So on top of 1) and 2) there is a lot of cash to spread around under the table.

Then there is the US charity in the amount of some $5-6B annually in cash and indirectly. At least 10% of it comes back to the US in overpayments to people who support AIPAC and the dozens of contributors it controls.

It only makes sense as a massive criminal enterprise. And when you look into the backgrounds of most of the "founders" of Israel further than their terrorist activities in Palestine you find overtly criminal backgrounds such as bank robbery. At least when the Mafia went legit in Las Vegas it was for real as far as their operations in the state were concerned.

If you follow their own newspapers on events in Israel you quickly see the government is little more than organized anarchy. They openly discuss seeing a politician before requesting anything from the bureaucracy being a necessity. I read a three part article about the businesses on the shores of Lake Kinneret, aka Sea of Galilee, having operated in defiance of all laws from the beginning and not one attempt at enforcing the laws in decades. This is Prohibition Era Chicago not a country.

To bring it all back home, this is jewish morality in practice rather than in theory.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:Saveloy

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Saveloy Sam wrote:
Not all, as most arabs have probably never seen a jew. But Arab anti-semitism is quite well understood and it is established it exists. They've hated them since well before Israel existed and clearly seem to hate them even more now.

One has to ask where you are getting your history. Islam has always given refuge to Jewish Europeans seeking refuge from persecution. The Jews of Spain came with the Moors and were expelled with them. The Jewish, Christian and Muslim Palestinians lived in peace for over a thousand years before the Ashkenazi Jews started arriving to steal the land and expel them.

I just wanted to address this point because it's one of the reasons that I despise the Israelis and it's rarely discussed. The majority of antisemitism, persecution of jews, pogroms and such have come at the hands of European christians, not arabs or muslims. As A_Nony_Mouse stated when muslims were driven out of Spain most jews left as well because they knew that without the muslims there to protect them they would be murdered. Historically the Islamic world has been a safe haven for jewish people.

Now, Europeans and Americans pay Israelis to kill muslims and arabs, all the time promulgating this completely ridiculous idea that it has something to do with protecting jews or preserving judaism, when the Israelis themselves murdered 100,00 Sephardic jews and the lives of jews mean nothing to them by their own admission.  One cow in Palestine they said. All this siege warfare and killing to protect the helpless jews against the big bad muslims who were actually stupid enough to show kindness to these despicable villains.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote:A_Nony_Mouse

Gauche wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
Saveloy Sam wrote:
Not all, as most arabs have probably never seen a jew. But Arab anti-semitism is quite well understood and it is established it exists. They've hated them since well before Israel existed and clearly seem to hate them even more now.

One has to ask where you are getting your history. Islam has always given refuge to Jewish Europeans seeking refuge from persecution. The Jews of Spain came with the Moors and were expelled with them. The Jewish, Christian and Muslim Palestinians lived in peace for over a thousand years before the Ashkenazi Jews started arriving to steal the land and expel them.

I just wanted to address this point because it's one of the reasons that I despise the Israelis and it's rarely discussed.

The longer this thread continues the more people are speaking their mind about the Jews. The only objection appears to be my saying Jews instead of Israelis even though the Israelis claim to be a Jewish nation and to act on behalf of all Jews and around 80% of the non-Israeli Jews agree with that position. Again, too many fakes here, either fake Jews or fake atheists. It is impossible to be both.

Gauche wrote:
The majority of antisemitism, persecution of jews, pogroms and such have come at the hands of European christians, not arabs or muslims. As A_Nony_Mouse stated when muslims were driven out of Spain most jews left as well because they knew that without the muslims there to protect them they would be murdered. Historically the Islamic world has been a safe haven for jewish people.
Quote:

And look at the historic "gratitude" of the Jews when Ben Gurion said he would attack Iraq and Egypt to mark paid their debt to their ancestors. If this is not Judaism, if this is not religion, then what is?

Gauche wrote:
Now, Europeans and Americans pay Israelis to kill muslims and arabs, all the time promulgating this completely ridiculous idea that it has something to do with protecting jews or preserving judaism, when the Israelis themselves murdered 100,00 Sephardic jews and the lives of jews mean nothing to them by their own admission.  One cow in Palestine they said. All this siege warfare and killing to protect the helpless jews against the big bad muslims who were actually stupid enough to show kindness to these despicable villains.

I have a modest description of the X-Rays given to Sephardic Jews which I might post some day should someone be dumb enough to deny it.

I think I lost the one of stolen Sephardic newborns (sorry your child did not survive) who were given to Ashkenazim families but if incited enough I might be able to find it.

I have another on the Jewish attacks on Sephardic Jews in Muslim countries to get them to emigrate to Israel. Sephardic Jews are still second class citizens in Israel. They made a big thing of it three years ago when the first one became a senior minister and then blamed the Lebanon disaster on him.

It is not Jewish at all. It is the convert Jews from the Khazars, the barbaric scum of eastern Europe who founded Israel, who are Israel.

We find the claim that Israel has the most moral army in the world. And when we hold that army to the highest moral standards we are called antisemitic.

We find Israel claiming to be a western nation. But when we hold Israel to western standards we are antisemitic if we do not point out they are no better than any other country in the middle east. Of course they prefer to say no worse than but that is a propaganda choice not a factual choice.

Israel tries to hide behind the religion. In fact Israel degrades the religion.

www.haaretz.com and www.jpost.com are the most prolific sources of anti-Israeli materials in the world. They are both Jewish and Israeli news sources. They are profoundly antisemitic by the same standard critics of Israel are judged.

www.ussliberty.org

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:Gauche

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Gauche wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
Saveloy Sam wrote:

I just wanted to address this point because it's one of the reasons that I despise the Israelis and it's rarely discussed.

The longer this thread continues the more people are speaking their mind about the Jews. The only objection appears to be my saying Jews instead of Israelis even though the Israelis claim to be a Jewish nation and to act on behalf of all Jews and around 80% of the non-Israeli Jews agree with that position. Again, too many fakes here, either fake Jews or fake atheists. It is impossible to be both.

Ya, alright, I don't have an opinion on Jews, other than I think their women are cute. I have an opinion on the power structure that employees Israeli government and military as hit men and I like to share it.

If I think anything about Jewish heritage, it's what I get from their scholars. Noam Chomsky, Norman G. Finkelstein, Howard Zinn - just some names I have learned much from, even if it was small subtle things about pragmatism, openness and quite simply just disecting many sources of information to get a single clear picture.

And yea, they killed a God, that's pretty awesome. I want to do that some day.

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
Also I think a jewish person

Also I think a jewish person invented the ballpoint pen if I'm not mistaken.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:A_Nony_Mouse

ZuS wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
Gauche wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
Saveloy Sam wrote:

Ya, alright, I don't have an opinion on Jews, other than I think their women are cute. I have an opinion on the power structure that employees Israeli government and military as hit men and I like to share it.

Military? They have civilian assassination squads operating all over the world including in the US. I have Israeli newspaper reports of Sharon announcing it. It was never retracted. The US gov, in fact all governments, remained silent on the subject. Just a couple weeks ago Israel announced assassinations of Iranian scientists were in progress. We have no idea who they are murdering or why or how many they have murdered or how many they plan to murder.

This is Judaism.

ZuS wrote:
If I think anything about Jewish heritage, it's what I get from their scholars. Noam Chomsky, Norman G. Finkelstein, Howard Zinn - just some names I have learned much from, even if it was small subtle things about pragmatism, openness and quite simply just disecting many sources of information to get a single clear picture.

Consider also looking for Avi Schlaim, Tanya Reinhart, Neve Gordon, Tom Segev, Yuri Avnery, Benny Morris and Ilan Pappe for those who have documented the real history of Israel using Israeli government documents. The Palestinians are the ones who have been telling the truth all these years. It is the Jews who have been lying to us. And now the Jews cannot help but know they are lying and still they lie about it. Either inbreeding rots the mind or it is deliberate lying.

ZuS wrote:
And yea, they killed a God, that's pretty awesome. I want to do that some day.

When a single parent sends his son on a suicide mission everyone wants to get into the act.

http://www.giwersworld.org/palestine/answers.phtml Answering Zionist Propaganda

http://www.giwersworld.org/disinfo/disinfo.phtml Counteracting a Century of Zionist
Disinformation

http://www.giwersworld.org/israel/myth-fact.phtml Myth against Fact

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote:Also I think a

Gauche wrote:

Also I think a jewish person invented the ballpoint pen if I'm not mistaken.

It was invented by Anne Frank.

www.ussliberty.org

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:Consider

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Consider also looking for Avi Schlaim, Tanya Reinhart, Neve Gordon, Tom Segev, Yuri Avnery, Benny Morris and Ilan Pappe for those who have documented the real history of Israel using Israeli government documents. The Palestinians are the ones who have been telling the truth all these years. It is the Jews who have been lying to us. And now the Jews cannot help but know they are lying and still they lie about it. Either inbreeding rots the mind or it is deliberate lying.

I know Avnery, Pope and Morris, I will check the others immediately. Thanks a crapload!

As to the Zionist this or that, yea, it's a pretty thorough and well executed (para)military operation on foreign soil. BUT. If they weren't alligned perfectly with the biggest players on the board, if they even for a second didn't support the western interest, they would be brought in line instantly. If they persisted in disobaying boss' orders, Israel would turn into a peaceful country with no ambitions of expansion and, depending on the deal with their neighbours, they would probably have to pay some symbolic damages and make some official apologies. Their BNP would turn into swiss cheese for a while, but they would probably pull through. Shortly thereafter the western interest, like a good mafia don, would punish them  for disobaying orders. And by punish I mean hang them by their balls and beat them untill their shit came out of their mouth. Then they would put their own people to run their runaway military base.

So, in reality, Israeli government doesn't have all that much of a choice, even if they contemplated it. Same goes for  any interest that depends on western influence - it would either ajust, or dissapear altogether. And there are always small fish trying to become masters favorite pet. Like Georgia did recently, they were just not worth it in an already friendly area.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

ZuS wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

I know Avnery, Pope and Morris, I will check the others immediately. Thanks a crapload!

As to the Zionist this or that, yea, it's a pretty thorough and well executed (para)military operation on foreign soil. BUT. If they weren't alligned perfectly with the biggest players on the board, if they even for a second didn't support the western interest, they would be brought in line instantly. If they persisted in disobaying boss' orders, Israel would turn into a peaceful country with no ambitions of expansion and, depending on the deal with their neighbours, they would probably have to pay some symbolic damages and make some official apologies. Their BNP would turn into swiss cheese for a while, but they would probably pull through. Shortly thereafter the western interest, like a good mafia don, would punish them  for disobaying orders. And by punish I mean hang them by their balls and beat them untill their shit came out of their mouth. Then they would put their own people to run their runaway military base.

So, in reality, Israeli government doesn't have all that much of a choice, even if they contemplated it. Same goes for  any interest that depends on western influence - it would either ajust, or dissapear altogether. And there are always small fish trying to become masters favorite pet. Like Georgia did recently, they were just not worth it in an already friendly area.

Yes, I agree with all of that except that is not what has happened. And that is why us skeptics look for other, simpler reasons such as religion. If we look at what the West has done after missionaries have done their dirty is to support Christians in other countries. The US got into serious support of South Vietnam by supporting the ruling Catholic minority against the godless communists. Lebanon was taken from Syria by France in hopes of creating a small country ruled by Christians. There are other examples.

But if the realpolitik suggestion you make were in force just what is that shitty, little country doing which is what the west wants it to do? After its failure in 1956 to legitimize retaking the Suez from Nassar what has it done for the west? Did the West really want Israel to start the 1967 war? (Keeping in mind that is what happened as Israelis have always said even though not publicized in the West.)

One can even make a Cold War claim that it was an ally and ignore other countries turned to the Soviet Union because of the support of Israel in the West. The Cold War has been over for 20 years. The West abandoned all other useless countries at the end of the Cold War. In the region Somalia is but one example. What is the use of Israel now that the Cold War is over?

Seems to me from 1988 to now the West has had a major interest in stable oil supplies from the mideast. Israe is no where near those oils supplies. The countries that surround Israel do not have significant oil supplies. Israel and the surrounding countries should fall below other than diplomatic interest. Any knowledge of history indicates that Turkey and Egypt should take over the region and keep the peace. FDR's pledge of US protection to the Saud clan is not threatened by this. Iraq was a major ally of the US and we could have made nice to Iran by now. Pakistan was already a friend to they could keep the peace in Afghanistan.

Israel keeps making problems for the West in the middle east so far as I or anyone can see. An outpost of democracy? Lebanon became a democracy five years before Israel existed. Besides, why do we need outposts? Both Germany and Japan were democracies before and during WWII. Why is that a good thing? Diplomats do not have to ask that question. They know it means nothing but a political claim for the masses. It is not sacred and is usually bullshit.

So please tell me just what Israel does to survive and avoid being stomped on in your world of realpolitik. I see nothing but a religious attachment by braindead redneck Americans. What do you see?

www.ussliberty.org

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:ZuS

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

ZuS wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Yes, I agree with all of that except that is not what has happened. And that is why us skeptics look for other, simpler reasons such as religion. If we look at what the West has done after missionaries have done their dirty is to support Christians in other countries. The US got into serious support of South Vietnam by supporting the ruling Catholic minority against the godless communists. Lebanon was taken from Syria by France in hopes of creating a small country ruled by Christians. There are other examples.

But if the realpolitik suggestion you make were in force just what is that shitty, little country doing which is what the west wants it to do? After its failure in 1956 to legitimize retaking the Suez from Nassar what has it done for the west? Did the West really want Israel to start the 1967 war? (Keeping in mind that is what happened as Israelis have always said even though not publicized in the West.)

One can even make a Cold War claim that it was an ally and ignore other countries turned to the Soviet Union because of the support of Israel in the West. The Cold War has been over for 20 years. The West abandoned all other useless countries at the end of the Cold War. In the region Somalia is but one example. What is the use of Israel now that the Cold War is over?

Seems to me from 1988 to now the West has had a major interest in stable oil supplies from the mideast. Israe is no where near those oils supplies. The countries that surround Israel do not have significant oil supplies. Israel and the surrounding countries should fall below other than diplomatic interest. Any knowledge of history indicates that Turkey and Egypt should take over the region and keep the peace. FDR's pledge of US protection to the Saud clan is not threatened by this. Iraq was a major ally of the US and we could have made nice to Iran by now. Pakistan was already a friend to they could keep the peace in Afghanistan.

Israel keeps making problems for the West in the middle east so far as I or anyone can see. An outpost of democracy? Lebanon became a democracy five years before Israel existed. Besides, why do we need outposts? Both Germany and Japan were democracies before and during WWII. Why is that a good thing? Diplomats do not have to ask that question. They know it means nothing but a political claim for the masses. It is not sacred and is usually bullshit.

So please tell me just what Israel does to survive and avoid being stomped on in your world of realpolitik. I see nothing but a religious attachment by braindead redneck Americans. What do you see?

It's pretty simple, really - there is NO making nice with us. There has never been any making nice with western interest. Just a superficial look at the history of our viral way of handling business should make it clear to anyone, that the only time middle east will be peaceful, is when western interests have secured a firm grip around their necks and are draining the area for everything it has to offer. You should know what I am talking about, but if in the least in question, look at just one sidenote - social Darwinisim and history of eugenics.

You ask why support Israel?

Let's get something straight first - Israeli government is just the most recent generation of age old interest that never once thought it possible to do otherwise with Palestinians than copy US example with native americans. They want the whole area and that with NO ethnical minorities or any other political influence other than their own, plain and simple. At the same time this has put them in a very dangerous predicament, but it's a calculated risk and quite frankly a precondition for getting the support they get from the west. Sort of like when an enterpreneur allies up with a powerful company to cover a strategic niche on the market, so does Israel represent a 99,9% loyal nuclear power arm of the western interest smack in the middle of what otherwise could be called a potential middle eastern superpower to be reckoned with.

Remove Lebanese infrastructure once in a while, since they really threatened to turn into a meaningful democracy? Done. Instigate insurgent activity throughout the region? Done. Make it as hard as possible for the region to operate in any kind of agreement? Working on it.

Further more, if you look at the US corporate-government behaviour in international arena, it constantly, not often, not more than often, but with every uttered word and every action, shows open and INTENTIONALLY blatant contempt for the international law and any other international authority. It is like a mafia boss would act towards their subjects - it has to be an established FACT that there can be no consensus against US interest, no law, no authority. For god's sake, they put John Bolton as UN ambassador, the guy who said that UN could be abolished tomorrow, and it would make no difference at all.

As to the cold war being over, I am not sure what planet people who talk about cold war, as if it is a single definable time period intrensic to a certain controversy, are coming from. The same thing was going on for an eternity and continues forever - total dominion of everything. It does not even have to be a real plan, point to point navigation simply just opens up the posibility and we go for it. USSR gone? GREAT, to the business of enslaving the world.

When will we stop? Never. Will the prospect of mutual anihilation stop us? Not on your life. Or anyone's life. Will the second coming of Jesus and Hell on earth make us think differently? On the contrary, we will make a deal with the devil, until such a time as when we can fuck the Lucifer's shit out of his eye sockets and make him our slave. This seams like a tough task? Well, we are dealing with the Saudis, as you yourself point out, and even if western interest will have to transmute into a Saudi royal subject for a period of time, no problem. A virus makes his host into his new body, anyone dealing with us is potentially devoured. Same happened under reinvention of the New World - the interest stayed the same, it just transmuted and assimilated new teritorry and demographic. The mere thought that constant oil supply is the absolute interest is hilarious - the only absolute is: I rule, you obay. If I should ally with the OPEC for a while, so be it. If I should marry into arab families, why not? If the interest should be called OPEC from this day forth, I don't care, none of this is absolute. Only that I rule and you obay.

There is no making nice with us, any more than making nice with AIDS. We might consent to something in the short term, but the long term is a meantal projection of me standing over you, prefferably with a gag-ball in your mouth and my dick up your ass.

You may think this is a bleak prospect for humanity, but it really is not. I said that they might consent to something in the short term and what is the long term if not a collection of short terms? So will it be the day the world we know comes to an end - we will realise that all it ever was is a continuous chain of short terms, that we could have taken hold of with both our hands, arms, legs and teeth every day of our life, instead of hoping for some better future and a state of peace. Make them consent. Yesterday, today and tomorrow and every day. Decision and power is ours.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

ZuS wrote:

It's pretty simple, really - there is NO making nice with us. There has never been any making nice with western interest. Just a superficial look at the history of our viral way of handling business should make it clear to anyone, that the only time middle east will be peaceful, is when western interests have secured a firm grip around their necks and are draining the area for everything it has to offer. You should know what I am talking about, but if in the least in question, look at just one sidenote - social Darwinisim and history of eugenics.

Both being long-discredited bullshit.

ZuS wrote:
You ask why support Israel?

Actually I have not asked that. I have pointed out US support of Israel is contrary to US interests as it is both a financial, military and diplomatic drain upon the US and its resources. I have not explored the fact that support of Israel is clearly contrary to the stated ideals of the US because I expect self-interest to rule in international affairs. Because of my expectation of self-interest I find the support of Israel to be contrary to the self-interest of the United States.

ZuS wrote:
Let's get something straight first - Israeli government is just the most recent generation of age old interest that never once thought it possible to do otherwise with Palestinians than copy US example with native americans. They want the whole area and that with NO ethnical minorities or any other political influence other than their own, plain and simple. At the same time this has put them in a very dangerous predicament, but it's a calculated risk and quite frankly a precondition for getting the support they get from the west. Sort of like when an enterpreneur allies up with a powerful company to cover a strategic niche on the market, so does Israel represent a 99,9% loyal nuclear power arm of the western interest smack in the middle of what otherwise could be called a potential middle eastern superpower to be reckoned with.

Factually it is untrue that the zionist animals used the US experience with the Indians as an example, ideal or was in fact considered. The movement was always oriented towards European colonialism. Its original stated goal was independent of where their utopia would be created. It was the clear statement that Jews could never assimilate into Christian Europe, the same idea adopted by the Nazi party decades later.

When discussions arose as to where this land should be it adopted not the US paradigm but the European colonial paradigm of bringing the blessings of European civilization to the primitive peoples outside of Europe. It used the British civilizing India as an example to which it aspired.

When they first settled on Palestine for their domain they wrote and swore they did not want the native population to leave however they did not intend for them to have any civil rights. If they were to have civil rights, such as voting, the zionist crap would have been shitcanned with the first election. It was Jabotinsky who recognized Europe would insist upon a pluralistic society and thus they native population had to be removed.

As to the claim Israel is loyal to western interests that is only in the propaganda of the Israel and the izziehuggers. Europeans are fully aware Israel does not support either western ideals or interests. European ideals include pluralist, multicultural societies. The discrimination against non-Jewish citizens of Israel is rampant. Segregation is the order of the day. Israel considers only cities to be integrated with that definition being 10% of the population being non-Jewish. Their total non-Jewish population is only nine percent of the total.

Officially Israel's policy to increase "integration" is to build jews-only cities in non-jewish areas.

From official segregation to "separate but equal schools" to no air raid shelters in non-jewish cities this country does not represent western standards in any way.

This is before the western standard is firmly attached to Nuremberg where all the squattertowns in east Jerusalem, the West Bank and on the Golan Heights are war crimes and hanging offfenses.

As for its hypothetical military power the very fact that Israel has nuclear weapons fully justifies any of the countries it has attacked or which it is threatening to attack such as Iran to also obtain nuclear weapons. That is not in the interests of the west or the world.

Its other military power was worthless to the west in the first Iraq war as it was in the second. Its constant threats to shut of middle eastern oil are not helpful either. Nor are its regular threats to nuke Iran. Please do not pretend Israel could do any significant harm to Iran without nukes.

As to its military power on the ground, that only matters if one counts all the reserve forces. If all of those reserve forces are taken from the civilian economy that economy will collapse in a month. You should have read of Israel's fear of a war of attrition. That is why.

Please show me how and where Israel has any loyalty to European ideals. Please show me what all this military power does for the west other than constantly threaten to cause military problems for the west.

I have read all the propaganda and it is all bullshit.

ZuS wrote:
Remove Lebanese infrastructure once in a while, since they really threatened to turn into a meaningful democracy? Done. Instigate insurgent activity throughout the region? Done. Make it as hard as possible for the region to operate in any kind of agreement? Working on it.

So tell me what western interest there is in continuing to be the democracy it has been since 1943. Tell me what interest the west has is political instability in the middle east. Western interest is in stability. That is why FDR made the deal with King Saud. That is why the US supported the Shah. That is why the US support Saddam Hussein.

What leads you to think the west is interested in instability and why do you think Israel can instigate it? Or are you saying Israel got bin Laden started in his attacks on Arabia? I do not see that in western interests either.

On the other hand I can trace zionist demands on southern Lebanon up to the Litani river back to 1938. Also it did instigate the civil war by supporting the Druze. And in 1956 is attacked Egypt at the behest of Britain and France in its first attempt to take over the Sinai for its mythical promised land.

All in all the capabilities of Israel are extremely limited and can only be used against four countries, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt. Western interests are in those countries being stable now that the west has accomodated Egypt's control of the Suez and shutting it was because of Israel's attack.

So tell me what western interest there is in Israel making trouble. I am not interested in what can be done but is in the interest of the west to have happen. No miracles here. There are exactly four countries involved.

ZuS wrote:
Further more, if you look at the US corporate-government behaviour in international arena, it constantly, not often, not more than often, but with every uttered word and every action, shows open and INTENTIONALLY blatant contempt for the international law and any other international authority. It is like a mafia boss would act towards their subjects - it has to be an established FACT that there can be no consensus against US interest, no law, no authority. For god's sake, they put John Bolton as UN ambassador, the guy who said that UN could be abolished tomorrow, and it would make no difference at all.

Which has nothing to do with western or US support of Israel nor any generic western interest nor US national interest in the existence of Israel.

ZuS wrote:
As to the cold war being over, I am not sure what planet people who talk about cold war, as if it is a single definable time period intrensic to a certain controversy, are coming from. The same thing was going on for an eternity and continues forever - total dominion of everything. It does not even have to be a real plan, point to point navigation simply just opens up the posibility and we go for it. USSR gone? GREAT, to the business of enslaving the world.

I come from Earth, the US, and from twenty years with the US DOD and I assure you the Cold War was real and well defined. I can also assure you most all people in my category have never signed on to anything but dismantling the war machine since about 1995 when it was clear the USSR was not going to resurface. Our reasons is quite simple. If we continue it will bankrupt us as there is no return on the investment that is not cheaper to get by non-military means.

ZuS wrote:
When will we stop? Never. Will the prospect of mutual anihilation stop us? Not on your life. Or anyone's life. Will the second coming of Jesus and Hell on earth make us think differently? On the contrary, we will make a deal with the devil, until such a time as when we can fuck the Lucifer's shit out of his eye sockets and make him our slave. This seams like a tough task? Well, we are dealing with the Saudis, as you yourself point out, and even if western interest will have to transmute into a Saudi royal subject for a period of time, no problem. A virus makes his host into his new body, anyone dealing with us is potentially devoured. Same happened under reinvention of the New World - the interest stayed the same, it just transmuted and assimilated new teritorry and demographic. The mere thought that constant oil supply is the absolute interest is hilarious - the only absolute is: I rule, you obay. If I should ally with the OPEC for a while, so be it. If I should marry into arab families, why not? If the interest should be called OPEC from this day forth, I don't care, none of this is absolute. Only that I rule and you obay.

There is no making nice with us, any more than making nice with AIDS. We might consent to something in the short term, but the long term is a meantal projection of me standing over you, prefferably with a gag-ball in your mouth and my dick up your ass.

You may think this is a bleak prospect for humanity, but it really is not. I said that they might consent to something in the short term and what is the long term if not a collection of short terms? So will it be the day the world we know comes to an end - we will realise that all it ever was is a continuous chain of short terms, that we could have taken hold of with both our hands, arms, legs and teeth every day of our life, instead of hoping for some better future and a state of peace. Make them consent. Yesterday, today and tomorrow and every day. Decision and power is ours.

I could consider that a tirade if it were better organized and directed but that is unimporant.

It does not justify or explain either western or US support of Israel. Israel plays no significant part in it. The countries it can impact for a less than 30 term do not have oil. US oil supplies have been guaranteed since FDR as has the rule of the Saud family. Israel could do nothing about Saudi if it wanted to except nuke the oil fields to the detriment of the west and the US -- read blackmail potential. But its actions stir up problems for Saud family rule and thus for the US.

Despite all you have said I still see no value of Israel to the west in general nor the US in particular. In the US I do see 0.014*300M Jews and 40-60M screaming rednecks who support Israel for reasons of religion. When Bush told Sharon to get his tanks out of the West Bank the White House was flooded with calls, email and even telegrams from those screaming redneck voters and he backed down for that reason.

Absent rational reason I stick with my original observation, rednecks of the Christian and Jewish persuasion are responsible for US support of Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

spin
spin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Equitable life

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:
All well and good, except that you are plugging your ears and shouting " La La La, I can't here you! " when presented with genetic evidence of an ancient Jewish presence in the area.

...That, and it's horeshit anyway.

NATO signed the land over to the Jews in the wake of WWII, when the displaced populace had essentially nowhere else to go (Germany was wholly destroyed; many thought at the time that it could never be reconstructed), and it's fairly questionable that anyone had any 'land rights' over Palestine at all. Borders in Europe were a rather fickle matter at that particular point in time.

Where did the displaced Europeans have to go? They couldn't run away to a "promised land" that belonged to some bunch more vulnerable than them. They were stuck there to reconstruct.

Arguments based on political histories are merely propaganda rehearsals. Most Jews were manipulated by Zionism and the Arab populations were just semi-nomads at the time of the influx. They simply didn't have the resources to cope with the organization of a western population. They as tradition would have it had adapted to the land. The soon to be Israelis adapted the land and that was bound to be at the cost of those adapted to the land.

We need to stick to the fact that there are Jews in Israel who've lived there for generations and Palestinians who have lived in apartheid for generations. Both groups have the right to an equitable life. While the Jewish Israeli population have relatively good lives in the area the Palestinian Israelis are third class citizens and the non-Israeli Palestinians,... well, most of them were born into pogroms. An equitable life is the right of both groups, ie not the current status quo.

spin

Trust the evidence, Luke

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline
ok, let's agree on some elementary things

Ideological analysis of power relations is not a contender, but just a part of school of realism. In reality, ideas have impact, sometimes a lot, sometimes less and sometimes almost none. So, as long as you are in the business of analysing reality, ideology will be a factor, just like resources, public opinion, supposed oponents and allies and a whole myriad of other things.

Quote:
So tell me what western interest there is in continuing to be the democracy it has been since 1943

Would you say Iran is a democracy? They hold democratic elections, yet they have nothing to do with your idea of democracy. Same with the US governmental system. In the country I am in, calling US system of governing a democracy is a pro-forma thing, something our elected officials do, simply to avoid conflict over such a triviality as a name. You can call it fried chicken, for all they care. And same goes for our system of government only not even half as bad as US has it.

Let me try to explain, though. I like the phrase "point to point navigation". Each person inherits a certain context of life and this is not different for the leaders of countries. What is different, however, is the desireability of positions and nature of the person. For instance, the position I occupy in my society is quite desireable, since it is relatively much better than being just an ordinary worker. Of course, this is relative, since you have to have certain expectations and ambitions combined with insigth or just simple luck to come to such a position. Also you need to actually want to be there. The set of factors that put you into different positions vary, depending on the environment. Naturally, the more structured and thereby predictable the given environment is, the higher degree of skill and motivation is needed to occupy a certain position - the competition is greater. Wilhelm II of Germany was a blathering idiot, but the system was hereditary, so that's pure luck right there. Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord on the other hand, was like a fish in the water during his engagement in politics, diplomacy and conflict, since he managed to navigate an environment that could warrant existance of someone such as he, until his very death. That was skill. Remember not to confuse "skill" with "good" though.

At different times, in different environments, different people get to have different degree of influence. US "democracy" is a very complex system, but it is an environment with certain parameters that will grant you access to positions, so it is predictable on different levels. Of course, it is increasingly becoming a matter of luck, since the luck of not haveing money has become a general condition in all except the very richest, but this is a trend I will come back to later.

I know something about those people who, like our friend Talleyrand, swim through the corridors of power in US corporate, judicial, army and governmental system. They are like many spiders weaving the same web - not always friendly to each other and the web not always perfect, but it'll stop an elephant if thick enough and they like that kind of power. Often the most successful of them are also those who are willing to risk the most and thereby are more volatile in general, like Carl Rove for instance. Many of them have been in those chairs for entire lifetimes, like Rahm Emanuel. The new chief of staff is being presented as a ultra-left liberal and fresh out of the communist party with ideals and competencies of a seasoned politician. Only the last part is true, since he has been in the game for an eternity. Since you are so much into Israel-Palestina stuff, you should know his policies back from the Clinton-era, and he's no crazy religious dude. That policy is bi-partisan, as the euphamism for elitist interest goes. But this can be wiped out, since some of the players run the collective memory system of the US population, like Keith Rupert Murdoch.

And so they sail, point to point navigation. The bigger the ellephant they find, the higher the rush and feeling that they are doing something colosal. It's often a mystery to themselves, how far one can go, so they compete, invent themselves and play a part in the segment of society that keeps pets like Lewis Libby, who on average earn 400 times as much as an average American. Soon to be more, since an average American is loosing his job.

Subverting your democracy is a challenge worth undertaking, and they will do it as well as they would catch an elephant in a spider web. Might be even easier than that, since US never had anything resembling a meaningful and functioning democracy.

Quote:

It does not justify or explain either western or US support of Israel.

When I say western or US interest, I don't mean what you mean by it. After my explanation above, I hope it is obvious that your interest has nothing to do with their interest. In fact, almost with every issue it's the very opposite. Oil price is high - they earn more money on their investment, while you can't get to work. Threat of terrorism is present - you have to do without the national guard, 'cause they sent it on some errand with the convenient excuse lying you in the face. Economy is collapsing and you are losing your job, they are celebrating the largest bonuses in history of economy and draining Federal Treasury at the same time. All the real-estate is going under - you are losing your house to foreclosure, while they are buying freshly devaluated assets. New Jersey is under water - they use reparation funds for golf courts and rich residential areas in safe zones of Louisiana, while kicking people out of perfectly healthy low-rent houses and tearing them down. Economy going under - the whole nation is uncertain of their future, while they are getting ready to decimate the last resistance in the working class.

They factor you in, of course. You are a resource with properties. If treated right, you can be great! So they compete at that too.

I hope it's obvious that saying "US has interest in this or that specifically" is out of the question. They have interest in everything, just not quite the way you think they do. There is no US per say. Just like there is no "ZuS's company" per say, there is only what I want to be done and me doing it the best way I know how. The company is a part of an environment that allows me to exercise my power and it's never enough. Same goes for larger structures, if they are predictable at some level, you can use them to do things with them. Every time you reach your "ultimate goal", a new one appears. It starts materialising in your head, once you drop the notion that status quo is carved in stone.

Here's a guy who might put a small piece of the argument together better than me: http://www.democracynow.org/2009/3/12/parenti

Don't listen to the fancy phrases. It's not that long, just give it a chance.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
silly stuff

spin wrote:

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:
All well and good, except that you are plugging your ears and shouting " La La La, I can't here you! " when presented with genetic evidence of an ancient Jewish presence in the area.

NATO signed the land over to the Jews in the wake of WWII, when the displaced populace had essentially nowhere else to go (Germany was wholly destroyed; many thought at the time that it could never be reconstructed), and it's fairly questionable that anyone had any 'land rights' over Palestine at all. Borders in Europe were a rather fickle matter at that particular point in time.

Where did the displaced Europeans have to go? They couldn't run away to a "promised land" that belonged to some bunch more vulnerable than them. They were stuck there to reconstruct.

Arguments based on political histories are merely propaganda rehearsals. Most Jews were manipulated by Zionism and the Arab populations were just semi-nomads at the time of the influx. They simply didn't have the resources to cope with the organization of a western population. They as tradition would have it had adapted to the land. The soon to be Israelis adapted the land and that was bound to be at the cost of those adapted to the land.

The population of Palestine in the 20th c. was about one million as it had been for the previous century and about the pre-industrial carrying capacity of land. They were not nomadic in the least. That is Zionist propaganda.

spin wrote:
We need to stick to the fact that there are Jews in Israel who've lived there for generations and Palestinians who have lived in apartheid for generations. Both groups have the right to an equitable life. While the Jewish Israeli population have relatively good lives in the area the Palestinian Israelis are third class citizens and the non-Israeli Palestinians,... well, most of them were born into pogroms. An equitable life is the right of both groups, ie not the current status quo.

spin

The fact is the Zionists were Europeans. The native Jews of Palestine were against Zionism. They were bribed to remain silent by being given religious authority over all matters Jewish. This includes who is a Jew, births, marriages and funerals as well as government support of their religious schools, yeshivas or seminaries as we would call them.

Also the native Jews of Palestine know and acknowledge the Palestinians are just people whose ancestors converted from Judaism to Islam while the Europeans are Khazar converts whose ancestors were not from Israel. They were Ashkenazis not Sephardim.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

ZuS wrote:

Ideological analysis of power relations...

I guess anyone who is interested can go back and read what you posted but I did not find a single benefit to the US from Israel in it. I do not see the point of going through it line by line and repeating that observation.

Perhaps you could make it simple for me and recite one simple benefit to the US that follows from the existence of Israel. If you do not understand my problem with your claims it is that you make claims but do not cite any benefit to the US from those claims even if they were supported by fact which they are not.

Please try again.

www.ussliberty.org

spin
spin's picture
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:spin

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

spin wrote:

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:

The population of Palestine in the 20th c. was about one million as it had been for the previous century and about the pre-industrial carrying capacity of land. They were not nomadic in the least. That is Zionist propaganda.

I suppose the ones that you see living in tents behind the road down to the Dead Sea are doing it for fun. The people for example involved in discovering the scrolls in the late 1940s and early 1950s, the Ta'amireh, were semi-nomads. There is nothing wrong with a large group of the population being semi-nomadic. I know you don't know your ass from your head, but turn down your filters, will you?

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
spin wrote:

The fact is the Zionists were Europeans. The native Jews of Palestine were against Zionism. They were bribed to remain silent by being given religious authority over all matters Jewish. This includes who is a Jew, births, marriages and funerals as well as government support of their religious schools, yeshivas or seminaries as we would call them.

Also the native Jews of Palestine know and acknowledge the Palestinians are just people whose ancestors converted from Judaism to Islam while the Europeans are Khazar converts whose ancestors were not from Israel. They were Ashkenazis not Sephardim.

I don't give a damn. You may as well all piss off out of America. But unfortunately that is not an option, and it isn't an option with regard to Israel. Where the ancestors of the people living there now came from doesn't change the fact that they are there now. A solution must be equitable for both the Israelis and the Palestinians, otherwise there can be no solution. And that means acceptable lives for all parties brought about by necessary compromise. Otherwise there can be no solution.

spin

Trust the evidence, Luke

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

ZuS wrote:

I guess anyone who is interested can go back and read what you posted but I did not find a single benefit to the US from Israel in it. I do not see the point of going through it line by line and repeating that observation.

Perhaps you could make it simple for me and recite one simple benefit to the US that follows from the existence of Israel. If you do not understand my problem with your claims it is that you make claims but do not cite any benefit to the US from those claims even if they were supported by fact which they are not.

Please try again.

US interest that I talk about often goes directly against the interest of the general US population. I hope that is clear from my post? Do we agree so far?

Assuming this is clear, would you like a nuclear armed friend in an otherwise instable area totally free of charge (US general population expense), or not? Of course, you have many more friends there, but not many that are almost 100% eating out of your hand. Who cares what the interest of the US population is, you have a separate plan for removing their standards of living and turning the country into a third world factory of violence.

And what if you decided to stop using US people's money to support Israel? A nuclear power like that, turning into a regional interest out of your control and in the process losing a 6 billion dolar moneylaundring operation? Don't be crazy.

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline
spin wrote:I don't give a

spin wrote:

I don't give a damn. You may as well all piss off out of America. But unfortunately that is not an option, and it isn't an option with regard to Israel. Where the ancestors of the people living there now came from doesn't change the fact that they are there now. A solution must be equitable for both the Israelis and the Palestinians, otherwise there can be no solution. And that means acceptable lives for all parties brought about by necessary compromise. Otherwise there can be no solution.

Of course there is a solution other than that, there are many.

One is total dissapearance of Palestinians from any part of Israel. Ethnic clensing has been done before with other populations and with remarkable effectiveness. Another is an indefinite imprisonment for purposes of controversy, which is very useful tool for conclusively establishing a publicist argument of security risk for the state of Israel. Another one is destabilisation of Israeli government with unpredictable effects in the middle east. A nuclear power like Israel becoming, or even taken over by a potential regional interest would be a serious change.

And just such change is what you are supporting. If Israel came down off it's high horse, it would be forced to cooperate with the powers in the region. Western interest would have a serious problem with that.

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:They hold

ZuS wrote:

They hold democratic elections, yet they have nothing to do with your idea of democracy. Same with the US governmental system. In the country I am in, calling US system of governing a democracy is a pro-forma thing, something our elected officials do, simply to avoid conflict over such a triviality as a name. You can call it fried chicken, for all they care. And same goes for our system of government only not even half as bad as US has it.

The US is actually a constitutional republic and is democratic in form. Representatives are elected to legislative and executive positions and do not inherit power. You infer some sort of conspiracy theories in your posts though I'm not sure with which group you associate. 

Have you even been to the US on a visit? I recall that you grew up in a communist country but I don't remember if you ever said which. How have you formed your opinions on the US?Research studies of a personal nature in various locales of all 50 US states or do you get your info from the Internet and opinionated web sites? I'm simply trying to understand how you have learned about our interrelated complicated relationships.

ZuS wrote:

At different times, in different environments, different people get to have different degree of influence. US "democracy" is a very complex system, but it is an environment with certain parameters that will grant you access to positions, so it is predictable on different levels. Of course, it is increasingly becoming a matter of luck, since the luck of not haveing money has become a general condition in all except the very richest, but this is a trend I will come back to later.

I see you have noticed the US has complex government, but do you grasp what that really means? In Kansas people may be more concerned with regulations involving the local coop grain elevator while in Florida it may be insurance coverage for homeowners. In California it may be access to pot and in Virginia it may be subsidized tobacco. Each US state has a variety of self interests far beyond the federal level.

ZuS wrote:

.........................., who on average earn 400 times as much as an average American. Soon to be more, since an average American is loosing his job.

This assertion somwhat infers that more than 50% of US workers are out of a job. The actual unemployment rate varies in different states from 5 to about 10% which is hardly an average of 50%. What exactly do you think is an average American?

ZuS wrote:

Subverting your democracy is a challenge worth undertaking, and they will do it as well as they would catch an elephant in a spider web. Might be even easier than that, since US never had anything resembling a meaningful and functioning democracy.

This assertion is based on what? 

ZuS wrote:

Quote:

When I say western or US interest, I don't mean what you mean by it. After my explanation above, I hope it is obvious that your interest has nothing to do with their interest. In fact, almost with every issue it's the very opposite. Oil price is high - they earn more money on their investment, while you can't get to work. Threat of terrorism is present - you have to do without the national guard, 'cause they sent it on some errand with the convenient excuse lying you in the face. Economy is collapsing and you are losing your job, they are celebrating the largest bonuses in history of economy and draining Federal Treasury at the same time. All the real-estate is going under - you are losing your house to foreclosure, while they are buying freshly devaluated assets. New Jersey is under water - they use reparation funds for golf courts and rich residential areas in safe zones of Louisiana, while kicking people out of perfectly healthy low-rent houses and tearing them down. Economy going under - the whole nation is uncertain of their future, while they are getting ready to decimate the last resistance in the working class.

I'm not sure what to make of this rant. More conspiracy theory?

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Propaganda can be

Propaganda can be entertaining at times

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

spin wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

spin wrote:

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:

I suppose the ones that you see living in tents behind the road down to the Dead Sea are doing it for fun. The people for example involved in discovering the scrolls in the late 1940s and early 1950s, the Ta'amireh, were semi-nomads. There is nothing wrong with a large group of the population being semi-nomadic. I know you don't know your ass from your head, but turn down your filters, will you?

Fact is the population of Palestine was NOT nomadic but had a fixed, settled population on the order of 1 million as far back as when PM D'Israeli gave the number for its population.

spin wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
spin wrote:

spin

That they are there now was their free choice knowing the owners of the land were never going to let them live in peace. And since 1967 over a million criminals have settled occupied territory. No one since Nuremberg can beg innocense that settling in occupied territory is a war crime and hanging offense.

As for no solution, that is the choice of the victims of the Jews. If the Palestinians choose to accept nothing they are offered other than full redress of their lawful grievences that is their right. They can in all moral right and under international law continue to kill the thieves even if just for sport.

Thieves and murderers and war criminals have no rights except to die in furtherance of their crimes.

There is no need for Palestinians to compromise on anything. Were they to start tomorrow with civil disobedience in furtherance of a single state solution ending apartheid and segregation they would have it in five years or two weeks after the world puts an oil embargo on Israel because the lights have gone out.

As for alternatives, I just read an estimate of 825,000 Jewish citizens of Israel living in California. That is about 15% of its Jewish population. They had no problem leaving. That may appear ridiculous but I have read in Haaretz how Israel keeps its population records in practice rather than in theory. Essentially it counts all citizens as residents of Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

ZuS wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

ZuS wrote:

Please try again.

US interest that I talk about often goes directly against the interest of the general US population. I hope that is clear from my post? Do we agree so far?

Assuming this is clear, would you like a nuclear armed friend in an otherwise instable area totally free of charge (US general population expense), or not? Of course, you have many more friends there, but not many that are almost 100% eating out of your hand. Who cares what the interest of the US population is, you have a separate plan for removing their standards of living and turning the country into a third world factory of violence.

And what if you decided to stop using US people's money to support Israel? A nuclear power like that, turning into a regional interest out of your control and in the process losing a 6 billion dolar moneylaundring operation? Don't be crazy.

I read you claims BUT I you did not give a single benefit from support of Israel to the US in any regard and even regardless of the interests of the people.

But if your concern is mad dog Israel flinging around nukes we have a few. So does Russia, England, France and China. All five can reach Israel. That keeps Israel under control or, if it does not, it ends Israel. No loss. No blame.

$6B money laundering? The CIA alone makes more than that in the drug business. Most government agencies can lose that much in a rounding error.

So I ask again, what specific BENEFIT to the US in any regard is there to Israel?

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

ZuS wrote:
spin wrote:
I don't give a damn. You may as well all piss off out of America. But unfortunately that is not an option, and it isn't an option with regard to Israel. Where the ancestors of the people living there now came from doesn't change the fact that they are there now. A solution must be

equitable

for both the Israelis and the Palestinians, otherwise there can be no solution. And that means acceptable lives for all parties brought about by necessary compromise.

Otherwise there can be no solution.

Of course there is a solution other than that, there are many.

One is total dissapearance of Palestinians from any part of Israel. Ethnic clensing has been done before with other populations and with remarkable effectiveness. Another is an indefinite imprisonment for purposes of controversy, which is very useful tool for conclusively establishing a publicist argument of security risk for the state of Israel. Another one is destabilisation of Israeli government with unpredictable effects in the middle east. A nuclear power like Israel becoming, or even taken over by a potential regional interest would be a serious change.

And just such change is what you are supporting. If Israel came down off it's high horse, it would be forced to cooperate with the powers in the region. Western interest would have a serious problem with that.

While it is macho to talk about ethnic cleansing these days people like Milosevic spend their last days in prison even when it doesn't happen.

As for Israel cooperating with the powers in the region, the last time that was voluntary was with Iran under the Shah. The US had to bribe Egypt to settle for kicking the Jews out of the Sinai. But that was only after the 1973 war the only one Israel did not start.

The Palestinians are simply not going to disappear. There are way to many millions of them out of reach of the jewish murder machine. As we saw in the Gaza slaughter the Jews are too afraid of dying to make serious war. Under these conditions they lost that war too. Not a single one of its stated objectives was achieved. It wrote its name as failure in the blood of 1300 innocents. Resistance to a blockade is a lawful act in this world. Everyone killed was in fact murdered.

But just to make it fun the Jews did all the fun things they complain out. They forced refugees into a building and then shelled the building. Sounds a lot like the old forced into a barn and the barn burned to me.

www.ussliberty.org

spin
spin's picture
User is offlineOffline

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

spin wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

spin wrote:

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:

Fact is the population of Palestine was NOT nomadic but had a fixed, settled population on the order of 1 million as far back as when PM D'Israeli gave the number for its population.

You have about as much on the ground experience in the matter as D'Israeli. Zippo. But it is only your social bigotry that sees semi-nomadic life as in any way negative. It is no issue in this debate. But you love to waste your breath with such misguided frippery.

(Click the image.)

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
spin wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
spin wrote:

spin

That they are there now was their free choice knowing the owners of the land were never going to let them live in peace. And since 1967 over a million criminals have settled occupied territory. No one since Nuremberg can beg innocense that settling in occupied territory is a war crime and hanging offense.

As for no solution, that is the choice of the victims of the Jews. If the Palestinians choose to accept nothing they are offered other than full redress of their lawful grievences that is their right. They can in all moral right and under international law continue to kill the thieves even if just for sport.

Thieves and murderers and war criminals have no rights except to die in furtherance of their crimes.

There is no need for Palestinians to compromise on anything. Were they to start tomorrow with civil disobedience in furtherance of a single state solution ending apartheid and segregation they would have it in five years or two weeks after the world puts an oil embargo on Israel because the lights have gone out.

As for alternatives, I just read an estimate of 825,000 Jewish citizens of Israel living in California. That is about 15% of its Jewish population. They had no problem leaving. That may appear ridiculous but I have read in Haaretz how Israel keeps its population records in practice rather than in theory. Essentially it counts all citizens as residents of Israel.

I can see you getting out of the country currently known as the United States. You live with hypocrisy well. You're a rampant pot desperately searching for a kettle to call black.

spin

Trust the evidence, Luke

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

spin wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

You have about as much on the ground experience in the matter as D'Israeli. Zippo. But it is only your social bigotry that sees semi-nomadic life as in any way negative. It is no issue in this debate. But you love to waste your breath with such misguided frippery.

It is not a matter of nomadic, semi or otherwise, being negative or positive or neutral. It is simply not true. It is firmly grounded in Zionist propaganda.

When Florida started its citrus industry the growers went to Palestine to learn and brought Palestinians over to get it started as they had the most profitable citrus industry in the world at the time.

Israel's own records show nearly a thousand Palestinian villages destroyed and taken over for the benefit of foreigners.

D'Israeli is but one of many sources for a population on the order of one million. In giving speeches in Parliament he was known for his exceptional preparation in the facts although did have the ability to turn them towards his argument.

Zionists invented this propaganda line to claim the Palestinians really did not own the land and were not attached to it.

spin wrote:
I can see you getting out of the country currently known as the United States. You live with hypocrisy well. You're a rampant pot desperately searching for a kettle to call black.

spin

And if the Amerind had not signed treaties and were still fighting I can see it also. But the Indians did surrender, did sign treaties and have ceased resistance. None of those apply to the Palestinians.

However the entire issue reduces to a very simple fact. The Palestinians are people whose ancestors converted from Judaism to Islam. By your "atheist" model of who can be a Jew, the Palestinians are as much Jews as anyone else who makes the claim.

This is hardly a new idea. It is in all the history books. No place in the history books is there the least suggestion that Jews were expelled by Islamic conquerers. Conversion was either direct or via Christianity. Their ancestors were Jews. Manachem Begin openly discussed this. But he, like me, had this strange idea that a Jew was a follower of Judaism.

Unless a Jew is talking of Zionism the definition of who is a Jew always means a follower of Judaism. The only exception is for atheists who have not converted to another religion which requires conversion. Noting the exception is based upon religion those who claim to be atheists can only be Jews by virtue of accepting the religious principle of non-conversion. In other words, they accept the religion.

If you are gullible enough to accept mere assertion of being a Jew makes one a Jew then HARKEN TO MY WORDS. I am a Jew. I have said it therefore it is true.

=====

Thought for the day: The high priests were priests of the most high god not superior in rank. Most high god is a prefered English translation of the Upper God which is one of the gods mentioned in the OT as being worshiped by Jews.

www.ussliberty.org

spin
spin's picture
User is offlineOffline

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

spin wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

It is not a matter of nomadic, semi or otherwise, being negative or positive or neutral. It is simply not true. It is firmly grounded in Zionist propaganda.

Did you click on the picture? No.

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
When Florida started its citrus industry the growers went to Palestine to learn and brought Palestinians over to get it started as they had the most profitable citrus industry in the world at the time.

Israel's own records show nearly a thousand Palestinian villages destroyed and taken over for the benefit of foreigners.

D'Israeli is but one of many sources for a population on the order of one million. In giving speeches in Parliament he was known for his exceptional preparation in the facts although did have the ability to turn them towards his argument.

Zionists invented this propaganda line to claim the Palestinians really did not own the land and were not attached to it.

spin wrote:

spin

And if the Amerind had not signed treaties and were still fighting I can see it also. But the Indians did surrender, did sign treaties and have ceased resistance. None of those apply to the Palestinians.

However the entire issue reduces to a very simple fact. The Palestinians are people whose ancestors converted from Judaism to Islam. By your "atheist" model of who can be a Jew, the Palestinians are as much Jews as anyone else who makes the claim.

This is hardly a new idea. It is in all the history books. No place in the history books is there the least suggestion that Jews were expelled by Islamic conquerers. Conversion was either direct or via Christianity. Their ancestors were Jews. Manachem Begin openly discussed this. But he, like me, had this strange idea that a Jew was a follower of Judaism.

Unless a Jew is talking of Zionism the definition of who is a Jew always means a follower of Judaism. The only exception is for atheists who have not converted to another religion which requires conversion. Noting the exception is based upon religion those who claim to be atheists can only be Jews by virtue of accepting the religious principle of non-conversion. In other words, they accept the religion.

If you are gullible enough to accept mere assertion of being a Jew makes one a Jew then HARKEN TO MY WORDS. I am a Jew. I have said it therefore it is true.

=====

Thought for the day: The high priests were priests of the most high god not superior in rank. Most high god is a prefered English translation of the Upper God which is one of the gods mentioned in the OT as being worshiped by Jews.

Sorry, I've had enough of your delusions for the day. You cannot dictate who is or is not a Jew. In fact, you've shown that you just don't know. Why don't you ask a few Jews to help you out of your ignorance?

spin

Trust the evidence, Luke

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic wrote:ZuS

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

ZuS wrote:

They hold democratic elections, yet they have nothing to do with your idea of democracy. Same with the US governmental system. In the country I am in, calling US system of governing a democracy is a pro-forma thing, something our elected officials do, simply to avoid conflict over such a triviality as a name. You can call it fried chicken, for all they care. And same goes for our system of government only not even half as bad as US has it.

The US is actually a constitutional republic and is democratic in form. Representatives are elected to legislative and executive positions and do not inherit power. You infer some sort of conspiracy theories in your posts though I'm not sure with which group you associate. 

Have you even been to the US on a visit? I recall that you grew up in a communist country but I don't remember if you ever said which. How have you formed your opinions on the US?Research studies of a personal nature in various locales of all 50 US states or do you get your info from the Internet and opinionated web sites? I'm simply trying to understand how you have learned about our interrelated complicated relationships.

Institutions going through the motions do not make a meaningful democratic system. It takes a responsive and responsible public just to be able to keep grips on the reality and their leadership, and US does not have that. In fact, the most powerful influences in the US are working to keep the general public away from both influence and insight into both internal and international policy.

I have studied and worked in Columbia, MD for a year of my undergraduate studies. I grew up in Bosnia, once part of Yugoslavia. I answer that since I think it's a relevant question.

I reject completely your insinuation of "conspiracy theories" and "opinionated websites", since that kind of loaded language is not an honest inquiry for reference.

ZuS wrote:

I see you have noticed the US has complex government, but do you grasp what that really means? In Kansas people may be more concerned with regulations involving the local coop grain elevator while in Florida it may be insurance coverage for homeowners. In California it may be access to pot and in Virginia it may be subsidized tobacco. Each US state has a variety of self interests far beyond the federal level.

Nothing is so complex, that it does not have key parameters that, in conjunction with timing and context, enable a degree of control. 9/11 is a clear example of context; actions undertaken thereafter present application of parameters with proper timing, effectively redefining complexity as just details on a larger whole. Federal government has tools at it's disposal that, although needing proper timing and context, can be used to move the whole machine half way across the world with almost no justification.

You are right that each state has it's own interest, but this is precisely what makes them voulnerable. State is dependent on a few major parameters that can readily be used in negotiations, including against the state. An example is employment. Even medium-sized businesses can put whole states in competition for jobs.

At times the whole is so fragmented that details really are all there is to be understood. However, most of the time this is not the case.

ZuS wrote:

.........................., who on average earn 400 times as much as an average American. Soon to be more, since an average American is loosing his job.

This assertion somwhat infers that more than 50% of US workers are out of a job. The actual unemployment rate varies in different states from 5 to about 10% which is hardly an average of 50%. What exactly do you think is an average American?

Attacking the literal meaning of something that is commonly understood as a figure of speech is a popular way of argumentation - in comedy shows. Of course I did not mean that every single "average American" would lose his job. Give me a break.

Unemployment: http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSTRE5153B720090206

As you can see, 600k people laid off only in January. The real disturbing trend started in September 2008 with just over 300k people laid off. October just shy of 400k, and then 3 consecutive months with around 600k people fired. Every one of those jobs has effect on the community, suppliers, producers, etc. Without even looking at the way statistics are done, and CPS is interesting in it's own right, it should be clear to anyone that any static percentages of employment at this point are just attempts at raining in the rampaging chaos on the job market today.

ZuS wrote:

This assertion is based on what?

That would be a fair question, were it not for the fact that US policy is not based on public opinion. I will just take the subject that has been "off the table" implicitly forever and explicitly after this last election: single-payer social security for all Americans, where the interest of the 'payer' is not saving on the treatment of the citizens, practically supported by almost all medical personal not employed in ensurance business and majority of population according to several polls. I am not going to argue for or against, but just remind you that a proposal similar to HR676 actually passed the assembly and went to the desk of the governor of California, supported by a large majority of population and medical personal. He vetoed it.

ZuS wrote:

Quote:

I'm not sure what to make of this rant. More conspiracy theory?

Again, 'rant' and 'conspiracy theory' are attempts at labeling. If you think what I say is unsupported, challenge me with arguments, not knee-jerk Dan Rather-like stuff.

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:I read

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

I read you claims BUT I you did not give a single benefit from support of Israel to the US in any regard and even regardless of the interests of the people.

But if your concern is mad dog Israel flinging around nukes we have a few. So does Russia, England, France and China. All five can reach Israel. That keeps Israel under control or, if it does not, it ends Israel. No loss. No blame.

$6B money laundering? The CIA alone makes more than that in the drug business. Most government agencies can lose that much in a rounding error.

So I ask again, what specific BENEFIT to the US in any regard is there to Israel?

Dude, it's a nuclear power in the middle of a disputed area, nearly 100% loyal military outpost in the area where no one can be trusted to that level. Even if they weren't a balance factor, what do you propose? Giving them to someone else? US interest is not crazy enough to hand over 600+ missiles that they can maintain in the area at a bargain price of 6bil/year, most of which comes right back to the same people who peddal weapons.

US use to support crazy places like South Vietnam with same technology and cheap American lives and for apparently no reason, but that was a war by proxy. The first conflicts between Russia and Germany and Italy prior to WWII were a proxy war in Spain. The destruction of Lebanon in 2006 is recognized as a proxy conflict between Israel and Iran, is that insignificant?

That the drug war is a bigger business, does not make business in Israel a joke by any means. It's good enough for some actors to work on it full time, making a basis for intelligence, financing of lobby back home, military deliveries etc.

So what if Russia balances the power of Israel? That's the point, Israel balances back at least to some extent. I can not fathom how you can completely disregard the importance of this highly motivated military asset to any interest in the area.

We have to step up and recognize the fact that the only reason Zionists ever got to develop the plan into reality is the context of western interest in the region and the timing.

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
First off in a rare moment

First off in a rare moment of agreement with A_nony_mouse I concur that US support and involvement with Israel is not in the best interest of the United States.

Last comments on the following topics unless you wish to start a new thread as it's off track of this one.

ZuS wrote:

Institutions going through the motions do not make a meaningful democratic system. It takes a responsive and responsible public just to be able to keep grips on the reality and their leadership, and US does not have that. In fact, the most powerful influences in the US are working to keep the general public away from both influence and insight into both internal and international policy.

I have studied and worked in Columbia, MD for a year of my undergraduate studies. I grew up in Bosnia, once part of Yugoslavia. I answer that since I think it's a relevant question.

American democracy starts in the neighborhoods affecting citizens in a very direct way. It continues into city and county governments where the majority of US citizens are affected constantly through taxes, streets, trash removal, utilities in many cases, improvements, courts, judges, licenses and zoning. The next step is the state government which handles larger projects and issues pertinent to those living in the region. The final piece is the one most observed throughout the world but generally has the least affect on a daily basis to US citizens. The US federal government is what you will notice the most in relation to America if you live elsewhere. My point was you concentrate solely on the US gov't and made a generalization from a POV globally. It did not appear that you consider the city council where considerable representative involvement occurs. This is true at many levels throughout the US. I have lived in 16 US cities in 6 states and would not presume to make a statement about how meaningful and representative governments of various levels in Georgia or Iowa are today as I have little personal knowledge. I would also not make such a statement about your country either.

ZuS wrote:

I reject completely your insinuation of "conspiracy theories" and "opinionated websites", since that kind of loaded language is not an honest inquiry for reference.

I made my comment regarding you infer conspiracy theories as you asserted "They hold democratic elections, yet they have nothing to do with your idea of democracy. Same with the US governmental system." So you must have studied all levels of government in each of our 50 states, all of our counties, and all of our cities to know that we have dysfunctional democracy in the US. Or you have a study from someone that has done this extensive research in Orlando, Florida, Atlanta, Georgia, Las Vegas, Nevada and Las Vegas, New Mexico and everywhere else on multiple levels of government.  If not, your claim that US democracy is not even half as bad as yours is an assertion or speculation. 

ZuS wrote:

Nothing is so complex, that it does not have key parameters that, in conjunction with timing and context, enable a degree of control. 9/11 is a clear example of context; actions undertaken thereafter present application of parameters with proper timing, effectively redefining complexity as just details on a larger whole. Federal government has tools at it's disposal that, although needing proper timing and context, can be used to move the whole machine half way across the world with almost no justification.

The American people are not all Bush clones and the next 4 years will hopefully show you that. In all fairness Afghanistan is fortunate to still exist after 9/11. The US people are quite capable of anything when someone wrongs us as we perceive it including vaporizing an entire country. That this did not occur even under Bush/Cheney is very fortunate. I don't think you really understand how ingrained and interwoven we are with our right to exist our way.

ZuS wrote:

You are right that each state has it's own interest, but this is precisely what makes them voulnerable. State is dependent on a few major parameters that can readily be used in negotiations, including against the state. An example is employment. Even medium-sized businesses can put whole states in competition for jobs.

At times the whole is so fragmented that details really are all there is to be understood. However, most of the time this is not the case.

The intent of fragmentation was purposeful to our way of life and serves it well. True large companies can cause competition between states for jobs and economical development. But states can also refuse to allow certain things such as when Colorado voted the Winter Olympics out. Or in California when auto emissions requirements were forced on auto makers. Perhaps California will vote to allow pot to be readily sold and force a states rights issue with the federal government as California needs the money.

ZuS wrote:

Attacking the literal meaning of something that is commonly understood as a figure of speech is a popular way of argumentation - in comedy shows. Of course I did not mean that every single "average American" would lose his job. Give me a break.

My point was your language was overly dramatic in inference. No one doubts that there are large losses of jobs in the US. This and several other economic changes in the US has caused a ripple effect throughout the world. There's a thread for discussing what caused the economic crisis where this is more appropriate.

ZuS wrote:

Again, 'rant' and 'conspiracy theory' are attempts at labeling. If you think what I say is unsupported, challenge me with arguments, not knee-jerk Dan Rather-like stuff.

You said:

1)Oil price is high - they earn money & you can't get to work.

2)Threat of terrorism - they sent the National Guard  overseas

3)Economy collapsing - they are celebrating largest bonuses & draining the Treasury.

4)Real estate going under - they buy low rent houses to tear down.

5)New Jersey under water - they use reparation funds for golf courts.

6)Economy going under - they are ready to decimate the last resistance of the working class.

Who exactly are they? The way you used it was in the fashion of a conspiracy which is why I asked.

When did New Jersey go under water? Are you talking the future from global warming? . I live in Florida, someday it will be an island. Closer drive to the beach.

In the case of exorbitant oil prices caused by commodity speculators who went unchecked in world markets I know who they are. Hopefully many lost their ass last fall.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

spin wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

spin wrote:

spin

=====

Sorry, I've had enough of your delusions for the day. You cannot dictate who is or is not a Jew. In fact, you've shown that you just don't know. Why don't you ask a few Jews to help you out of your ignorance? 

spin

{The following repetition is not for you but for lurkers. You may skip over it again.}

Obviously you cannot answer the mail as you suggest I talk to someone else. Do you realize how newbie that is in public debate? Were I do indulge that game I can say I have done as you suggest and they all agree with me. They just pretend to the claim of being a Jew so as not to piss off their family. And then I can always raise my imaginary answer to your imaginary belief and claim I am correct just as you trying to pretend.

That is why if you engage in public debate you are required to make your case by yourself without the illogical appeal to authority.

How would asking an atheist who claims to be a Jew help? I can make up an answer from them just as easily as you are implying what they would answer.

The simplest question is, where did you get the idea you could be born a Jew? The only answer is the Old Testament which, as an atheist, they reject as bullshit. And if they do not reject the OT as BS and/or rely upon it they are not atheists to me. To you they can claim to be atheist Jews from Venus and it must be true because they made the declaration.

It seems no different from asking several Napoleans to help me understand how they can be Napolean. There is a simpler way to deal with Napoleans -- lock them in the same room and believe the survivor. That is similar to locking a bunch of different "jews" in Israel and waiting for one to emerge victorious. Such is the consequence of accepting self-declaration of anything. I see no difference from the self-declaration of the Raelians. Perhaps you see all self-declaration as rational. I can see humoring self-declaration but not taking it seriously.

Self-declaration is particularly useless in this case as the declaration of both atheist and Jew does not differ from the Israeli declaration that people can be both Christians and Jews which is a hair's breadth away from Jews for Jesus who are declared non-Jews by all colors of Jews and targets of violence in Israel.

While awaiting the Israeli outcome I can agree with the Orthodox Jews of Israel who say they are the real Jews. They do not recognize the Reform as Jews. For them a Conservative being a Jew depends upon the rabbi of their synagogue and of course atheists are not Jews. As the Orthodox are endorsed by Israel as the final authority on who is a Jew I not only have the agreement of the largest group which claims to be Jewish but also of the government of Israel.

'af a mo', you say, what about all those Russians? If I go by the Israeli government assertion of who is a Jew I find Christians as well as atheists are Jews by Israeli civil law. So the only exception to the Israeli recognition of the determination of the Orthodox as to who is a Jew also includes Christians.

The reasonable person finds himself between the largest religious body declaring the Reform and many Conservative are not Jews and the only civil authority accepting Christians and atheists as Jews.

I do not find your "atheists can be Jews" any place but in the civil law of Israel.

As I have asked here dozens of times for anything which connects Jews beyond religion and not a single person has even hazarded a single suggestion of what such a connection might be I have no expectation you will be the first.

On top of that we have is the absense of any ethnic continuity among Jews as the Ashkenazim are decended from converts. The Ashkenazim culture is in fact eastern European and largely German with nothing distinctive about it but the religion.

And finally we have the Zionist invention of a Jewish "people" independent of the religion. This creation is well documented. To repeat a prior request to anyone who was reading, produce a reference prior to Zionism that shows a tradition of a Jewish people independent of the religion. I do not think you will be the first.

I will decline your suggestion to ask some self-proclaimed atheist Jews to explain what you cannot explain.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

ZuS wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Dude, it's a nuclear power in the middle of a disputed area, nearly 100% loyal military outpost in the area where no one can be trusted to that level. Even if they weren't a balance factor, what do you propose? Giving them to someone else? US interest is not crazy enough to hand over 600+ missiles that they can maintain in the area at a bargain price of 6bil/year, most of which comes right back to the same people who peddal weapons.

US use to support crazy places like South Vietnam with same technology and cheap American lives and for apparently no reason, but that was a war by proxy. The first conflicts between Russia and Germany and Italy prior to WWII were a proxy war in Spain. The destruction of Lebanon in 2006 is recognized as a proxy conflict between Israel and Iran, is that insignificant?

That the drug war is a bigger business, does not make business in Israel a joke by any means. It's good enough for some actors to work on it full time, making a basis for intelligence, financing of lobby back home, military deliveries etc.

So what if Russia balances the power of Israel? That's the point, Israel balances back at least to some extent. I can not fathom how you can completely disregard the importance of this highly motivated military asset to any interest in the area.

We have to step up and recognize the fact that the only reason Zionists ever got to develop the plan into reality is the context of western interest in the region and the timing.

I still see no definition of a western interest in the support of Israel.

Please try again.

www.ussliberty.org

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic

First off in a rare moment of agreement with A_nony_mouse I concur that US support and involvement with Israel is not in the best interest of the United States.

Define "interest of the United States", please.

Last comments on the following topics unless you wish to start a new thread as it's off track of this one.

I think this topic is instrumental to placing the responsibility for the actions of the Israeli government correctly and more importantly for understanding where we stand as an international community. I will respect your wish not to continue, but I reserve my right to respond to your last post.

ZuS wrote:

American democracy starts in the neighborhoods affecting citizens in a very direct way. It continues into city and county governments where the majority of US citizens are affected constantly through taxes, streets, trash removal, utilities in many cases, improvements, courts, judges, licenses and zoning. The next step is the state government which handles larger projects and issues pertinent to those living in the region. The final piece is the one most observed throughout the world but generally has the least affect on a daily basis to US citizens. The US federal government is what you will notice the most in relation to America if you live elsewhere. My point was you concentrate solely on the US gov't and made a generalization from a POV globally. It did not appear that you consider the city council where considerable representative involvement occurs. This is true at many levels throughout the US. I have lived in 16 US cities in 6 states and would not presume to make a statement about how meaningful and representative governments of various levels in Georgia or Iowa are today as I have little personal knowledge. I would also not make such a statement about your country either.

To start with the last statement, I am very glad you mention my country. We are basically 5,5 million people who either refuse to hold our leadership accountable, or are simply just fine with supporting genocide, preemptive war and economic dispossession of other nations merely for the sake of good relations with the US international policy makers. Many issues create a need for Danmark to have close relations with the US international policy makers, while it has little to do with Israeli govt, Jewish minorities and other such things and our support of Israeli actions actually creates problems internally because of our Palestinian minority. This is clear indication that either Israeli govt is alligned with US international policy, or that Danish international policy makers are braindamaged.

I focus on the US fed simply because we are dealing with an international issue, which is dependant on internal policies of the involved parties. External and internal policies are interdependant, but in this case whether Florida properly regulaters insurance companies, so that the homeowners with "extended coverage" pay full policies, but only get half the coverage when their houses go up in seasonal fires, really is not relevant for the issues in this thread.

I understand what you are saying about complexity and I am not disputing it, but I am claiming that it results in a overall non-democratic structure in the top, which reflects both in international and domestic policies of US.

ZuS wrote:

I made my comment regarding you infer conspiracy theories as you asserted "They hold democratic elections, yet they have nothing to do with your idea of democracy. Same with the US governmental system." So you must have studied all levels of government in each of our 50 states, all of our counties, and all of our cities to know that we have dysfunctional democracy in the US. Or you have a study from someone that has done this extensive research in Orlando, Florida, Atlanta, Georgia, Las Vegas, Nevada and Las Vegas, New Mexico and everywhere else on multiple levels of government.  If not, your claim that US democracy is not even half as bad as yours is an assertion or speculation.

Notice I said "your idea of democracy". My point was really comparing the way you see democracy in Iran with the way Danish people see democracy in the US, and just a few lines above I claimed that Danish state of democracy is worse than that in Bolivia and that our leadership acts on it's own, even if Danes think we have the most democratic system in the known universe. This supports my point that having a democratic structure and being convinced that it works has nothing to do with enforcement of actual accountability and the state of democracy. This is why there can be such a thing as an interest in middle east independant of the interest of the broad US public, regardless of what we call the system of govt.

If you think that I need to know exacly everything about how every state in the Union is structured and functions not to be a 'conspiracy theorist' when I claim that there is a vested interest in Israeli military outpost in the middle east, we are in bad shape here.

ZuS wrote:

The American people are not all Bush clones and the next 4 years will hopefully show you that. In all fairness Afghanistan is fortunate to still exist after 9/11. The US people are quite capable of anything when someone wrongs us as we perceive it including vaporizing an entire country. That this did not occur even under Bush/Cheney is very fortunate. I don't think you really understand how ingrained and interwoven we are with our right to exist our way.

I agree. I am and always have been amased by the American people, which is a part of the reason why I am interested in everything about them.

What you should have been able to say is: "I am confident that the next 4 years will show you that we can run our international policies according to the public interest, since if the indicators are to the contrary, we will hold the new administration accountable and if they persist they will be out of a job." But you can't tell me that, since the prospect of facing off the American public is much less threatening for the legislators than facing off the vested economic interest. That is exactly my point with democracy not standing in the way of a focused economic/power interest in supporting Israeli govt.

Your comment about Afghanistan and the "right to exist our way", again, is something that puts questions in my head about democracy as a mode of governance. But this is truly for another thread.

ZuS wrote:

The intent of fragmentation was purposeful to our way of life and serves it well. True large companies can cause competition between states for jobs and economical development. But states can also refuse to allow certain things such as when Colorado voted the Winter Olympics out. Or in California when auto emissions requirements were forced on auto makers. Perhaps California will vote to allow pot to be readily sold and force a states rights issue with the federal government as California needs the money.

Perhaps Californians Nurses Association will be able to push healthcare reform through the legislation, giving Californians a breather with the issue that is the #1 reason for family bancrupcies in the US. I would like to see that happen. But this is way off topic.

ZuS wrote:

When did New Jersey go under water? Are you talking the future from global warming? . I live in Florida, someday it will be an island. Closer drive to the beach.

In the case of exorbitant oil prices caused by commodity speculators who went unchecked in world markets I know who they are. Hopefully many lost their ass last fall.

New Orleans. I had Jersey on my mind of some reason.

Compared to the consolidation that is happening in almost any corporate line of business, the speculators that went under are small fish. This is not a case of lack of fairness, it is a progressive problem that becomes bigger the next time around - the problematic individual magnates are now even bigger. This is very relevant to the topic of the discussion and for understanding the Israeli situation and the situation in the middle east in general - these huge players are concentrated and represented in the US legislation directly, while the public is not. This should be evident from examples like that of Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson, a fairly typical progression from CEO of Goldman Sachs in this case or any large corporation in general. The guy he replaced as the CEO back then, Jon Corzine, went on to become Governor of New Jersey. Estimates of Paulson's net worth are from $700mil to near $1bil. The new economic team in the White House has roots in the same spirit of the 1999 repeal of Glass-Steagall act, who of course were liberals. Now, I don't mind these guys having same backgrounds, a lot of money and networks across party lines and administrations, but I think it evident that they have different interests than the general public.

It might be that the American public would have erased Afghanistan off the face of the earth as you said, although I really doubt it, but we are not going to see the answer to that question. American public has little say in the matter. When you ask who them that I mention are, I think it's fairly obvious: legislatiors who do not have the interest of the general public at heart and are not held accountable by any meaningful standard.

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:I still

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Please try again.

I don't think we agree on what defines western interest at all. Pretty hard to continue with the argument, if your definition of western interest per default excludes interest in Israeli govt and military. That is contrary to what western interest themselves think, evidently, since they are invested in the state and support it broadly and explicitly.

Is everyone in our half of the world just gone crazy and supports Israel for no reason? Or does your definition of western interest exclude some key elements?

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:pauljohntheskeptic

ZuS wrote:

Define "interest of the United States", please.

There are several ways to look at this:

US citizens:

1)Israel has no real valuable resources that we can't get elsewhere. They have no oil resources to feed our energy needs.

2)The cost of their manufactured products are far higher than from 3rd world countries providing no economic reason to build plants.

3)Polished diamonds can be obtained elsewhere.

4)Avionics and software should be under US control preferably in the United States. More US jobs if we do it ourselves & better security. 

5)Support causes antagonism in countries that supply the majority of our oil and jeopardize our lifestyle.

US government

1)Israel drains about $6 billion a year that we could better spend on our own military.

2)Israel thinks they can do whatever they'd like in opposition to the stability required to provide the US with the goods we get notably oil from their enemies.

3)We don't need them as a front line force to counter extreme regimes as we have sufficient resources to annihilate the entire world on our own. The US spends over $700 billion a year on defense which is 50% of the world military expenditures. A_Nony_Mouse and his associates have done an excellent job of arming the US with high tech weapons.

ZuS wrote:

I think this topic is instrumental to placing the responsibility for the actions of the Israeli government correctly and more importantly for understanding where we stand as an international community. I will respect your wish not to continue, but I reserve my right to respond to your last post.

OK, we'll see.

ZuS wrote:

To start with the last statement, I am very glad you mention my country. We are basically 5,5 million people who either refuse to hold our leadership accountable, or are simply just fine with supporting genocide, preemptive war and economic dispossession of other nations merely for the sake of good relations with the US international policy makers. Many issues create a need for Danmark to have close relations with the US international policy makers, while it has little to do with Israeli govt, Jewish minorities and other such things and our support of Israeli actions actually creates problems internally because of our Palestinian minority. This is clear indication that either Israeli govt is alligned with US international policy, or that Danish international policy makers are braindamaged.

If the American people had to choose between low cost HDTV and support of Israel, the impasse in the mid-east would have been over already. Clearly the Israelis are operating in contrast to the best interests of the US public and in the past 8 years under Bush operating in the mindset of the cold war years. It will be a hard sell in the future with the current downturn of our economy which is preventing US consumers from having all of their desires met. If Israel doesn't grasp the situation they may find out the hard way. Obama seems to sense the sentiment of the US public and so far responds to it. Whether or not he continues to do so remains to be seen.

ZuS wrote:

I focus on the US fed simply because we are dealing with an international issue, which is dependant on internal policies of the involved parties. External and internal policies are interdependant, but in this case whether Florida properly regulaters insurance companies, so that the homeowners with "extended coverage" pay full policies, but only get half the coverage when their houses go up in seasonal fires, really is not relevant for the issues in this thread.

I understand what you are saying about complexity and I am not disputing it, but I am claiming that it results in a overall non-democratic structure in the top, which reflects both in international and domestic policies of US.

I will not disagree that the Bush/Cheney years demonstrated an American public that was manipulated to ends counter to their own best interests. One can hope that after 2 years of campaigning in one of the most ever participated elections that the American public will start to demand performance to their expressed desires. If Obama and friends fail to do that which has been demanded look for a quick slap in the face and a further expression of dissatisfaction in 2010 elections.

ZuS wrote:

Notice I said "your idea of democracy". My point was really comparing the way you see democracy in Iran with the way Danish people see democracy in the US, and just a few lines above I claimed that Danish state of democracy is worse than that in Bolivia and that our leadership acts on it's own, even if Danes think we have the most democratic system in the known universe. This supports my point that having a democratic structure and being convinced that it works has nothing to do with enforcement of actual accountability and the state of democracy. This is why there can be such a thing as an interest in middle east independant of the interest of the broad US public, regardless of what we call the system of govt.

If you think that I need to know exacly everything about how every state in the Union is structured and functions not to be a 'conspiracy theorist' when I claim that there is a vested interest in Israeli military outpost in the middle east, we are in bad shape here.

Bolivia appears to be headed towards a strongman state though apparently willingly. I had not heard that about Denmark. In my above comments I made regarding Bush, clearly he erred in many ways or he did not have the interest of the US public in mind. When one elects a leader, and I did not vote for him ever, they may react in ways of an unexpected nature as did Bush. People around the world hold us accountable for actions he did that most of us also find to be counter to our well being. Why a large majority kept him in office after he had shown his true nature may be more of a reflection of  fear than anything else. The 2008 election reflected that we felt the country was headed in the wrong direction not just economically but in our foreign policy as well. Time will tell what Obama does.

ZuS wrote:

I agree. I am and always have been amased by the American people, which is a part of the reason why I am interested in everything about them.

What you should have been able to say is: "I am confident that the next 4 years will show you that we can run our international policies according to the public interest, since if the indicators are to the contrary, we will hold the new administration accountable and if they persist they will be out of a job." But you can't tell me that, since the prospect of facing off the American public is much less threatening for the legislators than facing off the vested economic interest. That is exactly my point with democracy not standing in the way of a focused economic/power interest in supporting Israeli govt.

We'll see what happens but no one is going to sit by and wait 4 years for results. If by early 2010 changes don't began to take shape expect far more than the passive activities of the past. The rethugs have been shown that continued self interests, theirs got them escorted from power, the Dems if they want to stay there know damn well what needs to happen. If they don't, they will start to be escorted out in 2010.

ZuS wrote:

Your comment about Afghanistan and the "right to exist our way", again, is something that puts questions in my head about democracy as a mode of governance. But this is truly for another thread.

Probably. Americans even with divergent philosophies and religions will assert our right to to exist in our way despite what it may mean to you. Many people don't understand this about us.

ZuS wrote:

It might be that the American public would have erased Afghanistan off the face of the earth as you said, although I really doubt it, but we are not going to see the answer to that question. American public has little say in the matter. When you ask who them that I mention are, I think it's fairly obvious: legislatiors who do not have the interest of the general public at heart and are not held accountable by any meaningful standard.

If we had been shown proof that Bin Laden and the Taliban were all sighted in a specific area of Afghanistan and the US gov't had this knowledge on 9/12, we would have had no problem nuking them in revenge with likely overwhelming support of the US public. Bush and company were so unprepared that he was still finishing My Pet Goat on 9/12 as he was interrupted in the middle of the story.

Thanks for defining them. In some cases you may have a point but not all in your generalizations.

High oil prices were not generally caused by US politicians though I'm open to hearing your view.

The terrorist threat did send National Guard Units overseas and in the hurricanes that hit Florida we were not severely affected by their response which was excellent for us. In New Orleans, the blame starts with the mayor who did not utilize all the resources available to evacuate his people. The next layer of blame is the governor who failed to react prior to Fox News and CNN crews showing trapped people at the Superdome. FEMA and Brown were also to blame for poor planning and response. Only the Coast Guard did an excellent job.

The economic collapse is best discussed in this thread: 

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/17033

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

ZuS wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Please try again.

I don't think we agree on what defines western interest at all. Pretty hard to continue with the argument, if your definition of western interest per default excludes interest in Israeli govt and military. That is contrary to what western interest themselves think, evidently, since they are invested in the state and support it broadly and explicitly.

Is everyone in our half of the world just gone crazy and supports Israel for no reason? Or does your definition of western interest exclude some key elements?

It is not a matter of whether we agree or disagree on what constitutes a western interest.

You have not presented a single thing which could be agreed with or disagreed with as a benefit to the west.

You simply are not saying anything substantive.

If I am in error please take the opportunity to present something which is substantive.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

3)We don't need them as a front line force to counter extreme regimes as we have sufficient resources to annihilate the entire world on our own. The US spends over $700 billion a year on defense which is 50% of the world military expenditures. A_Nony_Mouse and his associates have done an excellent job of arming the US with high tech weapons.

I don't know whether to beg off or attempt the rare expression of humility. Perhaps the following is best.

The reason we built weapons systems instead of consumer goods was the Cold War. Sure we had civil service security but we also had no chance at profit sharing and bonus from great product ideas.

All of us at heart wanted the Cold War to end. Ending it was our motivation. Winning without war was the point. We really did want to try our hand at turning the methods and techniques of the military to civilian applications. Just our methods of getting things done were more efficient than civilian methods. (The bad press to the contrary is another matter.)

We were betrayed. The Soviet Union collapsed. We won by our definition of winning. We expected a refitting of the military to a peacetime one. A massively powerful defense, scrapping foreign bases, and reclaiming our role as the high tech product producer of the world. If someone wants to compete, so much the better. We would rather compete on the best stereo than the best cruise missile. No one dies from a stereo.

Instead the country, Bill Clinton in the lead, chose to continue as though the Cold War had not been won. And this was not a matter of budgets as refitting the military to defensive would have been expensive in the short term, that means lots of extra dollars, more projects, more promotions. We were neither naive nor innocent in this. But we did expect to get back to a world at peace. No more nukes. No more military based economy.

It is hard to express unless you were there. Let me try. Back in the mid 70s I was getting a free lunch from RCA and we got onto Japan and consumer electronics for some reason as they were taking away our leadership in affordable equipment. Real quick it came around that DOD would pay whatever it took to get the best people and that was why Japan was taking over.

What you pay people depends upon the anticipated profit in the consumer world. The military was simply buying up all the talent. There was more profit in the military than in the civilian BUT if by some chance a civilian product might pay more the military would simply increase what they would pay. The military was and still does drain away the available talent from civilian applications simply by paying enough to get the talent.

The military will not be denied. Economics is irrelevant when national security is involved.

Fact is national security has not been involved since the collapse of the Soviet Union. National security is a worn out buzzword from when it meant thousands of ICBMs. What about 9/11? Arrest the perps. War was not required. We were attacked. So?

All through the 70s we were attacked, bombed even, by Americans in the US. How many even remember it? We lost about 3000 people on 9/11. That is much less than a year of traffic accident deaths. That is about one month of bathroom accident deaths.

It is the job of the government to remain rational while addressing the problem. Been there, done that. Did we nuke Tel Aviv over the USS Liberty attack? No. There were Cold War exigencies at the time. It was a judgment call from the White House. All the Navy ever asked was a live fire exercise with the Israelis to return the mistake in kind.

I am getting far afield here. My message is we were betrayed in our work to end the Cold War and get back to a peaceful world. We really did not care if it was Fortress America with ICBMs as the only response to trouble makers. Don't fuck with us. All we want to do is sell the civilian world what it wants.

Instead we are increasing out bases around the world and increasing our ability to keep those bases and create more of them such as in Iraq and Afghanistan and a few other "stans" in central Asia.

In the game of global chess we are getting into position to strangle Russia and China. We are in positions equivalent of their having military bases in Canada and most Latin American countries in the name of the defense of Russia or China. This is stupid provocation unless there is an intent to make use of those bases to win. It is the same as we would see such bases in Canada and Latin America.

We did not sign on for this. We do not like it. We do not have enough votes to change it.

www.ussliberty.org

spin
spin's picture
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

I don't know whether to beg off or attempt the rare expression of humility. Perhaps the following is best.

The reason we built weapons systems instead of consumer goods was the Cold War. Sure we had civil service security but we also had no chance at profit sharing and bonus from great product ideas.

All of us at heart wanted the Cold War to end. Ending it was our motivation. Winning without war was the point. We really did want to try our hand at turning the methods and techniques of the military to civilian applications. Just our methods of getting things done were more efficient than civilian methods. (The bad press to the contrary is another matter.)

We were betrayed. The Soviet Union collapsed. We won by our definition of winning. We expected a refitting of the military to a peacetime one. A massively powerful defense, scrapping foreign bases, and reclaiming our role as the high tech product producer of the world. If someone wants to compete, so much the better. We would rather compete on the best stereo than the best cruise missile. No one dies from a stereo.

And it's Japan who sold the stereo, while America was selling the latest military technology. Yeah, no-one dies from a stereo.

You also have the situation generally ass-up. The cold war was functionally a method for selling military technology. The cold war propped up the soviet union. It gave it a reason to survive as long as it did. And having a tarted up third world country as the enemy was good for sales. You could develop the tech and deploy with a possibility to use it. There was always a pseudo-threat that meant military funding. That's what the war scare of 1948 was all about, setting the foundations for the military-industrial complex. The Commies were good for the economy and great for manipulating the population, because they could invade at any time. The food lines got longer and the gerontocracy got more ensconced. But they could make some nifty things with chewing gum and match sticks.

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
Instead the country, Bill Clinton in the lead, chose to continue as though the Cold War had not been won. And this was not a matter of budgets as refitting the military to defensive would have been expensive in the short term, that means lots of extra dollars, more projects, more promotions. We were neither naive nor innocent in this. But we did expect to get back to a world at peace. No more nukes. No more military based economy.

What? Another enemy was being sought out to take the place of the soviet union. You've gotta have a reason to spend defense money. Nobody in power wanted peace.

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
It is hard to express unless you were there. Let me try. Back in the mid 70s I was getting a free lunch from RCA and we got onto Japan and consumer electronics for some reason as they were taking away our leadership in affordable equipment. Real quick it came around that DOD would pay whatever it took to get the best people and that was why Japan was taking over.

What you pay people depends upon the anticipated profit in the consumer world. The military was simply buying up all the talent. There was more profit in the military than in the civilian BUT if by some chance a civilian product might pay more the military would simply increase what they would pay. The military was and still does drain away the available talent from civilian applications simply by paying enough to get the talent.

The military will not be denied. Economics is irrelevant when national security is involved.

National security was never really the issue. It was always the money. Big money. Selling the last generation weapons around the world. Getting big defense grants. Developing new weapons and the cycle is perpetuated. There's more money involved in selling tanks to a third world country than selling stereos. It's always about economics.

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
Fact is national security has not been involved since the collapse of the Soviet Union. National security is a worn out buzzword from when it meant thousands of ICBMs. What about 9/11? Arrest the perps. War was not required. We were attacked. So?

Just to be clear, 9/11 was retaliation.

The CIA were in bed with the ayatollahs during the late 1950s and paying the extremist Arabs in Egypt to stir up trouble. You can see the potential for blow-back. They picked some winners there, didn't they? Even went on to pick Osama bin Laden. Instead of supporting liberal Arabs, they subverted them for the most unstable elements in the Arab world. It was the CIA who brought young Saddam Hussein back to Iraq at the start of the 1960s.

While the CIA had betrayed the democratic elements of the Arab world, the military was seen as being able to bomb whoever they wanted back to the stone age. Before the genocide at Hiroshima, Curtis Lemay had flattened most Japanese cities, not just strategic targets but anything that had walls. This was the procedure: while Americans were safe, protected by oceans on both sides, those deemed as enemies were subjected to bombings. Korea was bombed to shit. Vietnam was bombed to shit and poor Cambodia that did nothing was bombed to shit. And on it went. We basically had to wait until the Soviet army got sucked into Afghanistan to get a similar approach from another power. Americans had never felt the havoc that they caused from many thousands of feet up, until 9/11 gave them a small taste.

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
All through the 70s we were attacked, bombed even, by Americans in the US. How many even remember it? We lost about 3000 people on 9/11. That is much less than a year of traffic accident deaths. That is about one month of bathroom accident deaths.

It is the job of the government to remain rational while addressing the problem. Been there, done that. Did we nuke Tel Aviv over the USS Liberty attack? No. There were Cold War exigencies at the time. It was a judgment call from the White House. All the Navy ever asked was a live fire exercise with the Israelis to return the mistake in kind.

I am getting far afield here. My message is we were betrayed in our work to end the Cold War and get back to a peaceful world. We really did not care if it was Fortress America with ICBMs as the only response to trouble makers. Don't fuck with us. All we want to do is sell the civilian world what it wants.

Oh, what drivel.

Don't fuck with us, alright. We want your resources. We are going to bankrupt you, hand you over to the military to mismanage you, then they'll sell your resources to us for peanuts.

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
Instead we are increasing out bases around the world and increasing our ability to keep those bases and create more of them such as in Iraq and Afghanistan and a few other "stans" in central Asia.

Iraq is about resources. Afghanistan's got nothing, so while the links to 9/11 were to Afghanistan there was no real desire to do anything about Afghanistan because it was wasted effort. The military access in Tajikistan and the like is an attempt at a foot in the door of Russia's sphere of resources.

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
In the game of global chess we are getting into position to strangle Russia and China.

Not China. China is in the process of pushing the American economy over the edge. It was the geriatric Reagan who was responsible for putting the process in operation with his rampant debt. China is one of the biggest creditors. Strangle China? You must be joking. China has its hands in America's deepest pockets.

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
We are in positions equivalent of their having military bases in Canada and most Latin American countries in the name of the defense of Russia or China.

You really think military in Latin America is about Russia or China!? ROTFLOL.

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
This is stupid provocation unless there is an intent to make use of those bases to win. It is the same as we would see such bases in Canada and Latin America.

We did not sign on for this. We do not like it. We do not have enough votes to change it.

Actually it is just what we signed up for. These politicians were democratically elected, weren't they? George W. Bush was elected twice! You'd think the electorate would have been gored enough the first time round, but no.

spin

Trust the evidence, Luke

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

I know why we built our weapon systems and it was needed. My father helped to build SAC in Omaha. Like you, I'm a child of the Cold War aka a 'baby boomer'. 

I became an engineer in the private sector though I tried hard to get a job at San Dia and Los Alamos. Their offers were insufficient to attract me, so in the end industry paid more and promotion was quicker.

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Maybe some wanted it to end but many were used to the high pay and security in the never ending development of better methods to kill. 

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Instead the country, Bill Clinton in the lead, chose to continue as though the Cold War had not been won. 

Clinton clearly did the right thing as the face of the enemy may change but there will always be a bully out there that wants to challenge our right to exist our way. Man is incapable of existing without war as our history clearly demonstrates. Other countries may wish to take chances that everyone will play nice but we have learned such is not the case. Teddy Roosevelt clearly had the right idea with talk soft but carry a big stick.

BebekCucuk
User is offlineOffline
"but there will always be a

"but there will always be a bully out there that wants to challenge our right to exist our way."

Um, yeah. I really, REALLY do not think that the US specifically, or the West in general, faces an external threat powerful enough to warrant defense budgets that Cold War-era Defense Secretarys would go gaga over. In fact, I will go on record and say that that idea is complete bullshite. I will also go record and say that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and thus far there is zero evidence of an uber-powerul external threat. It is up to those who claim there is to provide evidence for it, and to date, there has been none provided.

Think about that for a moment.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Avoiding this topic just

Avoiding this topic just makes it larger and more annoying. *sigh*

Desdenova wrote:

Yeah, if you ignore the genetic evidence tying Jews to the area at a very early date, this is true.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/574370/posts

Of course if you actually care about evidence, the Jews have the same right to the area as do the Palestinians. Not that this matters if you are a racist neo-Nazi, but it is important to those of us that value facts and honesty.

False. Suggesting that has any bearing on the situation today would be akin to backing so-called "native" americans in kicking out all the settlers from Europe and the rest of the world, and expecting the settlers to take it lying down. The jews lost that land a long long time ago, in part thanks to christians. It was stolen from the Palestinians by the UN in order to restore it to the jews, who hadn't recently lost it at all. A better location would have been Germany, or one of its allies in the war. Instead we go after dirt farmers, and blithely assume they won't kick us in the teeth for it a generation or two down the road. Should we then steal land to remake the USSR? The Ottoman Empire? Rome? Think on this when suggesting people are neo-Nazi's for being legitimately pissed off at Israels existence and assuming it is due to hatred of the jews. Palestine has more than enough cause to want to see Israel pushed into the ocean, as their legitimately elected government has mandated. The sooner western polilticians and people realilze this, the sooner the situation can finally be dealt with. Flipping out with sensationalist claims of holocaust deniers and anti-semetics fall flat on their face when the reality is examined. Accept the fact that it was wrong to create Israel. Accept the fact that it is long too late to change the error. Until we have at least acheived this much, the area will be perpetually shrouded in warfare.

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
Strike the root! Judaism is the cause of all the religions which impose upon the West. As I said, it is economy of effort.

The original source of most powerful religions it may be (not scientology though, just to name one), but it is now long divorced from them. Much like the first christian churches are now long divorced from the current ones. Attacking judaism above and beyond other religions weakens your argument. It allows the christians and moslems and wiccans and scientologists to get away with what they're doing while you concentrate on a mere fraction of the problem. Worse, it makes you look like someone who has something against the jews as a culture. Maybe you do, but such a feeling will not serve you in debate or discussion. It reveals a chink in your armour that is easily exploited with emotion or logic. Having an argument vulnerable to one of the two isn't necessarily a bad thing. Having an argument vulnerable to both guarantees a defeat.

Just some advice.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

spin
spin's picture
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic

Clinton clearly did the right thing as the face of the enemy may change but there will always be a bully out there that wants to challenge our right to exist our way. Man is incapable of existing without war as our history clearly demonstrates. Other countries may wish to take chances that everyone will play nice but we have learned such is not the case. Teddy Roosevelt clearly had the right idea with talk soft but carry a big stick.

I can piteously see you saluting the flag aged 5 and kissing J.Edgar Hoover's butt. This stuff is outlandishly sick and hypocritical. "[O]ur right to exist our way"? How many countries have fallen victim to not being able to exist their way? A few highlights:

Iran 1953,

Iraq 1963,

Vietnam,

Cambodia,

Guatemala,

Indonesia,

Iraq (and Iran war),

Afghanistan 1979-92,

Nicaragua,

Iraq 1990-1 (April Glaspie),

El Salvador,

Panama,

Venezuela (still no Sth American country can exist their way),

Iraq 2002-

And a host of others. Talking about the bully of the world. One could add the permanent war on Cuba. There were clandestine operations against communists in numerous European countries. There was support for rights-violating dictators all around the world. The stuff about democracy is only really manipulation of the dumber Americans, because there has been almost no support of democracy around the world in the last fifty years.

Other countries may wish to take chances that everyone will play nice but we have learned such is not the case.

That's why torture has become so popular in the spy and military business. "If some other states don't have principles why should we?"

Clinton played it safe. But cut the other crap. You're s'posed to be a skeptic, for chrissake.

spin

Trust the evidence, Luke

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

ZuS wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Please try again.

It is not a matter of whether we agree or disagree on what constitutes a western interest.

You have not presented a single thing which could be agreed with or disagreed with as a benefit to the west.

If I am in error please take the opportunity to present something which is substantive.

It is absolutely essential that we agree on the western interest at least generally. We have zero basis for figuring out weather supporting Israeli govt is of any interest, unless we know what the interest is.

Every argument is based on mutual agreement at some level. I was hoping for a higher level of agreement in a place that should gather atheists. Instead this looks like an alternative form of theism - trust Uncle Sam and Rupert Murdoch.

I will give you something substantive - an argument that we really need to discuss western interest.

Let's assume you are right and US policy makers have no interest in supporting Israeli govt. However, US policy makers do support Israeli govt. Many European countries support Israeli govt without any reason at all apparently and with many adverse domestic effects. Are they all nuts? Or is there something we are missing?

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic

US citizens:

1)Israel has no real valuable resources that we can't get elsewhere. They have no oil resources to feed our energy needs.

2)The cost of their manufactured products are far higher than from 3rd world countries providing no economic reason to build plants.

4)Avionics and software should be under US control preferably in the United States. More US jobs if we do it ourselves & better security. 

5)Support causes antagonism in countries that supply the majority of our oil and jeopardize our lifestyle.

US government

1)Israel drains about $6 billion a year that we could better spend on our own military.

2)Israel thinks they can do whatever they'd like in opposition to the stability required to provide the US with the goods we get notably oil from their enemies.

I don't usually post links, but please watch these couple of seconds before you read further. This is Madeleine Albright back in 1996, interviewed about vicious collective punishment of Iraqi people by the "international community": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbIX1CP9qr4

Now imagine any diplomat in the universe saying the same about 500.000 American children and decide what a decent person is to think about US government. A simple definition of terrorism is: Threat or use of violence against innocent civilians for political purposes. The only way your and mine countries aren't terrorist states, is if we include a clause in the definition: "unless we do it, then it's counter-terrorism".

With this in mind, I will now comment the quoted part of your post:

1) Israel does have a valuable resource - medium range nuclear missiles and the strongest military in the middle east. Just like US policy makers are pushing for missiles in Poland and Check Republic, they have the same interest in having a strongarmed regime in middle east, completely loyal to their leaders in US.

2) They have a factory that makes soldiers who operate US supplied advanced military equipment. At the same time the public US money given to Israel comes back to private dealers in the US in form of no-bid contracts or to support different political organisations.

3) Agree, we get diamonds off the bloodied corpses of the population of Congo.

4) US is currently outsourcing 70-80% of it's intelligence to private corporations. Israeli intelligence agencies are some of the best in the world, know the area and are an invaluable resource for US policy makers. US policy makers do not care about jobs in the US, they would actually like nothing better than third world country situation in the US in general. Something like Indonesia would be the perfect model for a military society - obedient and willing to kill on command. That is why there is no money for a comprehensive single payer solution for healthcare, while there is quite enough for the supporters of the terrorist regime in Washington.

5) US oil supply is quite safe. Antagonism is a message - we own the world and have the right to assert our dominance anywhere. The actual gain is destabilisation and weakening of the region until such a time when meaningful dominance can be asserted. The general US population are spectators with little to no influence. Ordinary US citizens are there to give the lives of their children, while otherways keeping quiet.

Anyone who reads an honest history book will conclude that US policy makers are enforcers of a system just as vicious and dangerous as any empire - only bigger, stronger and correspondingly more ruthless and dangerous. US leaders have no love for their subjects either and will not tolerate living standards that might allow ordinary US citizens a moment of rest and a chance to contemplate their position. There is nothing to wait and see.

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
spin

spin wrote:

I can piteously see you saluting the flag aged 5 and kissing J.Edgar Hoover's butt.

You're probably right, right after I did morning prayers as I went to parochial schools from kindergarten to 8th grade.

spin wrote:
How many countries have fallen victim to not being able to exist their way? And a host of others.

You missed the US involvement in the Boxer Rebellion, Spanish American War, and the Banana Wars. Korea may have some basis as it was a UN intervention. Our stupidity with Cuba is only matched by our stupidity with Iran. Relations with Cuba should have been re-established years ago.

spin wrote:

Talking about the bully of the world. One could add the permanent war on Cuba. There were clandestine operations against communists in numerous European countries. There was support for rights-violating dictators all around the world. The stuff about democracy is only really manipulation of the dumber Americans, because there has been almost no support of democracy around the world in the last fifty years.

**SLAP** Thanks for that.

My idealistic point was America was founded on principles that we hold dear. You are correct that our leadership has taken this far from just "existing our way" in freedom. It has gone to the point where we enforce our will to get our way by supporting dictatorships just because they are friendly to us and sell us oil or bananas. Since we can't solve our own problems we interfere in their countries to halt drug trade. Americans seem to be pretty clear on how they feel about this and have passed state laws in contrast to federal in at least the case of pot and continue to ignore the others giving a market for other countries.

US intervention in all you listed was wrong. I for one was an anti-war protester during Viet Nam.

spin wrote:

Other countries may wish to take chances that everyone will play nice but we have learned such is not the case.

That's why torture has become so popular in the spy and military business. "If some other states don't have principles why should we?"

Part of existing our way is to live up to the ideals our country stands for and torture does not fit into that world. We certainly made more enemies by our invasion of Iraq than we made friends. That war should never have happened and was completely unjustified. In general I'm a libertarian but understand that this position is fairly powerless in our current environment.

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:pauljohntheskeptic

ZuS wrote:

US citizens:

US government

I don't usually post links, but please watch these couple of seconds before you read further. This is Madeleine Albright back in 1996, interviewed about vicious collective punishment of Iraqi people by the "international community": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbIX1CP9qr4

Now imagine any diplomat in the universe saying the same about 500.000 American children and decide what a decent person is to think about US government. A simple definition of terrorism is: Threat or use of violence against innocent civilians for political purposes. The only way your and mine countries aren't terrorist states, is if we include a clause in the definition: "unless we do it, then it's counter-terrorism".

And somehow you think that US citizens agree with this?? I didn't and still don't.

ZuS wrote:

With this in mind, I will now comment the quoted part of your post:

1) Israel does have a valuable resource - medium range nuclear missiles and the strongest military in the middle east. Just like US policy makers are pushing for missiles in Poland and Check Republic, they have the same interest in having a strongarmed regime in middle east, completely loyal to their leaders in US.

And just how does this relate to the US citizens?? You quoted how I said the US citizens don't see valuable resources and come back talking about US policymakers and medium range missiles. Just what do I get for Israel having medium missiles when I go to the supermarket?

The missiles the US wants to put in Poland are anti-missile missiles like in Alaska to protect you and yours in Europe from alleged Iranian missiles. Perhaps y'all should do it yourselves which is my suggestion. Pay your own way and protect your own ass.

ZuS wrote:

2) They have a factory that makes soldiers who operate US supplied advanced military equipment. At the same time the public US money given to Israel comes back to private dealers in the US in form of no-bid contracts or to support different political organisations.

I think you have a problem in separating the US military-industrial complex from the US citizens. Really, we are a fun people into porn, sex, drugs and religion unfortunately. Our first concern is usually getting laid not having an overseas war machine in Israel or anywhere else. We like to buy new high tech stuff for home use and anything else that can make us happy. A factory making soldiers to operate equipment we paid for only costs us more taxes and makes it harder to buy a new HDTV.

ZuS wrote:

3) Agree, we get diamonds off the bloodied corpses of the population of Congo.

And the Israelis polish and cut them in competition to say Amsterdam.

ZuS wrote:

4) US is currently outsourcing 70-80% of it's intelligence to private corporations. Israeli intelligence agencies are some of the best in the world, know the area and are an invaluable resource for US policy makers. US policy makers do not care about jobs in the US, they would actually like nothing better than third world country situation in the US in general. Something like Indonesia would be the perfect model for a military society - obedient and willing to kill on command. That is why there is no money for a comprehensive single payer solution for healthcare, while there is quite enough for the supporters of the terrorist regime in Washington.

You are a one track mind. I was speaking about US citizens not US policymakers.  The only thing Israel really does that matters to a regular US citizen is software and electronics that could be done here. They therefore steal jobs from us. 

ZuS wrote:

5) US oil supply is quite safe. Antagonism is a message - we own the world and have the right to assert our dominance anywhere. The actual gain is destabilisation and weakening of the region until such a time when meaningful dominance can be asserted. The general US population are spectators with little to no influence. Ordinary US citizens are there to give the lives of their children, while otherways keeping quiet.

Not my fault man. Again, from the point of view of US citizens antagonism interferes with our lifestyle. Thanks to the last oil and gas price run up, we will likely free ourselves from the intimidation caused by import. It may take 20-25 years but a trend has started that is unlikely to change. We don't trust the exporters or the oil companies because you interfered with our lifestyle. Mass transit is actually being used and trips are being planned.

You seem to notice there is a world wide economic slowdown? Consider that when we had to pay 2 or 3 times the cost for gas we had no cash left to buy shit. The slowdown is not just from bad mortgages and loans. People couldn't continue to pay both. So, what was that about US population being spectators? We voted at the store by not buying shit. Look where that got you.

As to giving the lives of our children, A_nony_mouse and friends are working to automate warfare so they can kill people from Nevada and never risk lives. I hope this doesn't cause more incidents that fuel attitudes like yours. I would construct them for defense for the US and leave the rest of you on your own.

I personally would like the US to back off, stop playing world wide policeman, arbitrator and leave most of you to your own devices. Pay your own way. You can also start paying us back for the Marshall plan from World War 2. Maybe it's time to become isolationist  America again like after World War 1. 

ZuS wrote:

Anyone who reads an honest history book will conclude that US policy makers are enforcers of a system just as vicious and dangerous as any empire - only bigger, stronger and correspondingly more ruthless and dangerous. US leaders have no love for their subjects either and will not tolerate living standards that might allow ordinary US citizens a moment of rest and a chance to contemplate their position. There is nothing to wait and see.

I understand you have a lot of resentment pent up, sorry. I think you lack understanding of us and misinterpret. I disagree that US leaders are as you say. By the way, we are not subjects as this isn't a kingdom, though you may have got that idea over the last 8 years under George W.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

What I was trying to say was a different military was needed to prevent such things as a military capable of dealing with a single major enemy like the Soviet Union no longer existed. Without the SU there was no country capable of changing us against our will and to prevent surprises a few thousand ICBMs would keep them to one time events.

Clinton invented the ethnic cleansing of Kosovo. Not a single mass grave was found. The entire episode is still a festering sore in the Balkans ten years later with no end in sight. But he sure bombed hell out of Serbia over nothing of interest to the US.

When the 50th anniversary of NATO came round I thought it a great time to heap on the self praise, mutual congratulation on a job well done and close up shop. But instead NATO did Serbia and later Afghanistan. Lately it encouraged Georgia to do something very stupid against the interests of Russia. And it gave South Ossetia the same secession claim as Kosovo makes. Check and mate.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Vastet wrote:

Desdenova wrote:

Yeah, if you ignore the genetic evidence tying Jews to the area at a very early date, this is true.

Of course if you actually care about evidence, the Jews have the same right to the area as do the Palestinians. Not that this matters if you are a racist neo-Nazi, but it is important to those of us that value facts and honesty.

False. Suggesting that has any bearing on the situation today would be akin to backing so-called "native" americans in kicking out all the settlers from Europe and the rest of the world, and expecting the settlers to take it lying down.

One expects they would fight back but it is not rational they, as thieves, should be granted sympathy and understanding. You might be on their side and cheer them on but that means they are still murderers and thieves.

And as a matter of fact, those who did arrive with the explicit intention to steal the land and enslave the natives, the Spanish and Portuguese, do not get any sympathy today. Even if you want to look at the English endevor, these days we cheer when the Indians shoot Gene Autrey.

Vastet wrote:
The jews lost that land a long long time ago, in part thanks to christians.

The myth of expulsion was first debunked in the 4th c. AD. They were never expelled. Whoever left did so voluntarily. Those who remained largely converted to other, more civilized religions.

Vastet wrote:
It was stolen from the Palestinians by the UN in order to restore it to the jews, who hadn't recently lost it at all.

There is a simple truth, the land was not the UN's to give. 

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

spin wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
This is stupid provocation unless there is an intent to make use of those bases to win. It is the same as we would see such bases in Canada and Latin America.

Actually it is just what we signed up for. These politicians were democratically elected, weren't they? George W. Bush was elected twice! You'd think the electorate would have been gored enough the first time round, but no.

spin

I do not see any way to confuse who I refer to when I use the pronoun we.

But in the matter of voters, I have no problem with making it a felony for politicians to lie to voters. I have no problem with it being a capital offense when it results in death. Considering lies caused the war on Serbia, Afghanistan and Iraq and people died have no problem with air dances for a lot of people.

The foundation of this is quite simple. Democracy depends upon an informed electorate. Lies make it impossible to have an informed electorate. Therefore lies are a crime against democracy.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

ZuS wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

ZuS wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Please try again.

It is absolutely essential that we agree on the western interest at least generally. We have zero basis for figuring out weather supporting Israeli govt is of any interest, unless we know what the interest is.

Every argument is based on mutual agreement at some level. I was hoping for a higher level of agreement in a place that should gather atheists. Instead this looks like an alternative form of theism - trust Uncle Sam and Rupert Murdoch.

I will give you something substantive - an argument that we really need to discuss western interest.

Let's assume you are right and US policy makers have no interest in supporting Israeli govt. However, US policy makers do support Israeli govt. Many European countries support Israeli govt without any reason at all apparently and with many adverse domestic effects. Are they all nuts? Or is there something we are missing?

Of course they are nuts. That out of the way, you have still presented no benefit to the US or the west to supporting Israel.

I said the only common reason for support of Israel is religion. I can point to the common acceptance in the US of the "judeo-christian" heresy. I can point to 40-60 million US born again rednecks who swear their support of Israel for biblical reasons and who are the foundation of the Republican party. There are tens of millions of others who simply subscribe to the heresy.

You have presented no alternative to religion.

You are not unusual. Izziehuggers have been making claims of undefined mystical importance of Israel to the west almost from the beginning of Zionism. First it was as a colony bringing European enlightenment as the Brits had done for India. When that became discredited the Izziehuggers worked to turn the US against the Arabs to secure a place for themselves in the Cold War. However they never had a problem with spying on the West and selling to the Soviet Block when there was money involved. Pollard is the horrible example of that treachery.

And now that the Cold War is over and Israel has lost what trivial value it might have had over its liabilities they mystical nature of the value of Israel is all that is left.

Rational people laugh.

www.ussliberty.org

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:Vastet

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Desdenova wrote:

False. Suggesting that has any bearing on the situation today would be akin to backing so-called "native" americans in kicking out all the settlers from Europe and the rest of the world, and expecting the settlers to take it lying down.

One expects they would fight back but it is not rational they, as thieves, should be granted sympathy and understanding. You might be on their side and cheer them on but that means they are still murderers and thieves.

And as a matter of fact, those who did arrive with the explicit intention to steal the land and enslave the natives, the Spanish and Portuguese, do not get any sympathy today. Even if you want to look at the English endevor, these days we cheer when the Indians shoot Gene Autrey.

The Spanish and the Portuguese are irrelevant. As are the British, French, and anyone else who colonized North or South America. I'm talking about the current citizens; Americans, Canadians, Mexicans, Brazillians, etc., who've been here for generations. None of them save perhaps the US has attempted to steal land from another nation or people. Therefore my comparison stands unmuddied.

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
Vastet wrote:
The jews lost that land a long long time ago, in part thanks to christians.

The myth of expulsion was first debunked in the 4th c. AD. They were never expelled. Whoever left did so voluntarily. Those who remained largely converted to other, more civilized religions.

I never said they were expelled. I said they lost it. You aren't arguing against a position I hold.

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
Vastet wrote:
It was stolen from the Palestinians by the UN in order to restore it to the jews, who hadn't recently lost it at all.

There is a simple truth, the land was not the UN's to give. 

Agreed.

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
And now that the Cold War is over and

It remains to be seen if the US's new president and other nations leaders can defuse the new cold war that Bush started. England is making an effort, but judging from participation in the topic on this board it seems nuclear proliferation isn't something the average joe cares about anymore. Go figure.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.