Hobbit not human until next study determines they are again.

Desdenova
atheist
Desdenova's picture
User is offlineOffline

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
 What this study says is

What this study says is the skull is not a human that suffered from microcephaly. As to what relationship it has to homosapiens they don't conclude that.

In otherwords, they have no idea yet.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

Dracos
User is offlineOffline
Hobbits

I read a National Geographic article on this.  Wern't they found with tools.  Not just the termite sticks used by chimps, but spearheads and flaked chopping tools?

Desdenova
atheist
Desdenova's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dracos wrote:I read a

Dracos wrote:

I read a National Geographic article on this.  Wern't they found with tools.  Not just the termite sticks used by chimps, but spearheads and flaked chopping tools?

That is my understanding as well. Current opposition to the Hobbits being a seperate species of human tries to pass the findings off as modern humans suffering from Laron syndrome after having their claim of microcephaly debunked. Since the skull has far more in common with H. Erectus than H. Sapien, they are going to have a hard time passing it off as a malformed man. The entire argument reminds me of the antiquated creationist claim that Neanderthal and Erectus were arthritic humans.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Save a tree, eat a vegetarian.

Sometimes " The Majority " only means that all the fools are on the same side.