Relfections of Jefferson in Obama's speech.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Relfections of Jefferson in Obama's speech.

There should be no rational person who coulc claim that Jefferson was an absolute bible thumper who would have claimed that Jesus wrote our Constitution. But to hear Obama mention non-believers in his inauguration goes way past race as an issue and adresses what it means, at least to me, what voters should be focused on, in not of label, but that of action.

I do not want this following quote to be lost to history. It should be as fresh in the mind of any civic minded citizen, atheist or believer.

President Barack Hussain Obama wrote:
For we know that our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness. We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers

In all honesty I did not witness this on the news first hand because of my fear of the godspeak that is needlessly supurflous of all prior presidency, yet he reflected the very nature that Jefferson had, way before his time, that WE, are not a label, but a species as a common goal.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog