Physics resources

snafu
atheist
snafu's picture
User is offlineOffline
Physics resources

Hi, I'm currently half way through a course on Physics for my Open University degree and hating every second of it.   Juts wehn Ithink I  grasp a concept it seems to slip from my brain in confusion.   Does anyone know any good online resources fro undergraduate physics?   In particular statistical mechanics.

Any help much appreciated

Snafu

"The World is my country, science my religion" - Christiaan Huygens

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
OK, I don't have much of

OK, I don't have much of that stuff as bookmarks.  I usually rely on my awesome google skills for that stuff.  After all, why bother taking the time to get the calculator set up (and with the possibility of a single wrong entry messing everything else up) when there is an online app that does the same thing?

Even so, I have a couple of links that I keep going back to for stuff.

www.sciencemadesimple.com

More on the high school level but even so, good for lots of basic quick stuff.

http://www.tpub.com/content/doe/index.htm

This site is part of a series of text books on the practical operation of nuclear reactors.  But it has a section on more general physics.  Given the practical nature of what they are doing, it really does not get too hairy on stuff though.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I find the "Schaum's

I find the "Schaum's Outlines" series of books useful. (espically the one with the integral tables >.>..)

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline