TOM

Dracos
User is offlineOffline
TOM

The theory of magic {TOM} is not a very good theory.  It is easily falsified.  It only takes one disproved presumption.  If someone were to show me a fossil of an elephant in Precambrian strata I would know the was something wrong with the theory of evolution.  People look for such fossils.  Some say they found some.  But they are never able to produce them. 

Some presumptions TOM makes that have been proven wrong;

1,  Incest works.  TOM states their have been two periods of massive incest in human history.  Adam, Eve, and Cain.  Noah and his family.  Any chicken farmer like me can tell you that this leads to genetic dead ends in very few generations.

2,  The Earth is about 6000 years old.  Some rocks contain radioisotopes.  These decay at an utterly constant rate.  By measureing the ratio of radioisotope to decay product the Earth has been proven to be about 4.5 billion years old.

3.  No speciation ever occured.  The fossil record shows us that about 99.9% of all the species that ever existed are extinct.

4,  There was a world wide flood.  There is absolutely no geologic evidence for this.  Some say they have evidence but they are never able to produce it.  This myth was borrowed from an ancient Sumarian legend, The saga of Bilgamesh.

5,  There are no transition fossils.  There are in fact a great many.  Australopithecus fits between ape and Homo.  Ambulocetus goes neatly betweem whales and wolflike land predators.  Whales still have hipbones.  Archaeopteryx is a transition fossil between reptiles and birds.  Eusthenopteron shows lobe finned fish evolving into amphibians.

TOM has a real problem with these facts.

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
Where did you get the

Where did you get the acronym TOM from? If you made it up I think its quite clever!

Quote:
Australopithecus fits between ape and Homo

Actually Australopithecus is between whatever came before Australopithecus and Homo. Homo's are apes too.

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
I gotta admit, when I first

I gotta admit, when I first saw the title of this thread, I was leaning towards something much more disgusting...

Dracos
User is offlineOffline
TOM

Thank you.  It occured  to me many years ago.  I heard someone say that evolution is "only" a theory.  Superstition is a theory, just not as good.

RespectfulButBe...
User is offlineOffline
Dracos wrote:Incest works. 

Dracos wrote:
Incest works.  TOM states their have been two periods of massive incest in human history.  Adam, Eve, and Cain.  Noah and his family.  Any chicken farmer like me can tell you that this leads to genetic dead ends in very few generations.
The Bible doesn't say that there was incest in the families of Adam and Eve.  It does say there was incest among the grandchildren of Noah.

But there's a bigger issue with your argument.  TON (theory of nothing, i.e., evolution and related sciences) also requires incest.  We do not have the same number of chromosomes, in the same alignment, as do other species of primates.  If we evolved from primates, at some point there was at least one brother/sister pair who had exactly the same chromosomal abnormality who mated.  In fact, it probably happened multiple times, if you accept that we evolved from other primates. 

Quote:
The Earth is about 6000 years old.  Some rocks contain radioisotopes.  These decay at an utterly constant rate.  By measureing the ratio of radioisotope to decay product the Earth has been proven to be about 4.5 billion years old.
The 6,000 year claim is medieval Catholic propeganda and nothing more.  The Bible doesn't tell us the age of the Earth.  But hey, if you think it does, would you please post the verses you're citing?

Quote:
No speciation ever occured.  The fossil record shows us that about 99.9% of all the species that ever existed are extinct.
Where does the Bible say that species cannot go extinct?

Quote:
There was a world wide flood.  There is absolutely no geologic evidence for this.  Some say they have evidence but they are never able to produce it.  This myth was borrowed from an ancient Sumarian legend, The saga of Bilgamesh.
First, it wasn't that long of a flood, so I'm not sure what worldwide evidence you'd be looking for.  Second, why wouldn't other cultures have flood stories?  The flood happened, and it's not as though the only people to know about it were the Jews.  In fact, I'd find it troublesome for the Bible if there weren't stories of the flood in other cultures.

Quote:
There are no transition fossils.
What you call transition fossils are evidence of God reusing bits and pieces in His creation.  We humans aren't evolved chimpanzees, we're recycled chimpanzees.

Once an athiest, now a believer, and always ready to debate issues respectfully.

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
Quote: First, it wasn't that

Quote:
First, it wasn't that long of a flood, so I'm not sure what worldwide evidence you'd be looking for.  Second, why wouldn't other cultures have flood stories?  The flood happened, and it's not as though the only people to know about it were the Jews.  In fact, I'd find it troublesome for the Bible if there weren't stories of the flood in other cultures.

A flood that killed all life on earth would leave a large layer of silt containing many many bones. Paleotologist would have found this layer and it would have been one of the greatest discoveries of out time. Also, not all cultures have myths about floods if a flood happened fairly recently wouldn't all cultures have at least some sort of myth?

Just a quick question I have for you or any other christian who cares to answer, if Noah only took two of every animal (or 5 of some or however the myth goes) then why do plants still exist? and what did the herbivores eat after the flood? I assume they ate something since they were able to reproduce and create food for the omnivores and carnivores.

Quote:
What you call transition fossils are evidence of God reusing bits and pieces in His creation.  We humans aren't evolved chimpanzees, we're recycled chimpanzees.

So you believe that god took a chimp, made hundreds of them all slightly different from each other over and over again, then made changes to these altered chimps and eventually made humans? Why can god poof new things sometimes but other times he can't? First of all do your research, evolution does not believe that humans came from chimp. Second, why would something as powerful as god be so uncreative?