"Armageddon Week" on the History Channel

AdvancedAtheist
User is offlineOffline
"Armageddon Week" on the History Channel

Anyone watching this bullshit?

I can see why Rook ridicules the History Channel.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know exactly what you guys

I know exactly what you guys mean. Yesterday they had a show on about Nostradamus. They were treating the subject as if it were fact or supported by evidence. I didn't watch most of it but I don't recall hearing anything about retrofitting. I hate it when they show shit like that. I like a lot of the programs but that woo-woo magic shit shouldn't have a place on the History Channel. And on a side note... I really hate it when the Discovery Channel shows a bunch ghost stories. WTF? I could've been watching something interesting, instead I get some bullshit exorcism.

[edit] I clicked the link after posting and saw all of the shit that pissed me off yesterday. I think it's a view of the society we live in. People believe what ever they're told. History Channel is just cashing in on peoples ignorance. There aren't enough skeptics in the country. Why is it that humans seem to make all these doomsday prophecies anyway? Are we that bored?

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
99% of satilelite and cable

99% of satilelite and cable media is bullshit propaganda designed to sell advertising.

I can remember when A&E really was an "Arts And Entertainment" channel. If they were being honest, they should change their name to "The Bloodbath Channel" because most of their programming deals with crime and murder stories.

The History Channel is garbage.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
And when MTV was about

And when MTV was about music. I like shows like modern marvels and myth busters. I know they're not really intellectually valuable but I find them entertaining.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
I remeber a time when i

I remeber a time when i never had television, ohh those were the days. Ohh wait that was last week, forgot to pay the TV bill. LOL!
I watch very little TV anymore and i mostly watch Comedy central, just because of the random stupidness on it. The shows in the link are the reason i have stopped watching alot of TV.

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
I scrolled through the site *very* quickly...

...let's see...there were the Seven Deadly Sins, Nostradamus, and Armageddon, among others...

...golly...

...why on earth would Rook object to that?  I just...can't imagine.

And if you believe that, I've got some Arizona swampland I'd like to sell you...

Conor

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have a copy of James

I have a copy of James Randi's "The Mask of Nostradamus" which puts Nostradamus in the context of his time, and as one would expect, shows just how lame the so-called predictions really are.

BTW, my copy is personally autographed by Randi - I attended a presentation he gave here in Australia a few years back...

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:BTW, my copy is

Quote:
BTW, my copy is personally autographed by Randi - I attended a presentation he gave here in Australia a few years back...

OMG JEALOUS!!!

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:

OMG JEALOUS!!!

Yea well, it gets worse for you. Sombody Bob Spence knows sent him a Darwin fish license plate autographed by Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Cristopher Hitchens and Ellen Johnson.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jealous

Brian37 wrote:

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:

OMG JEALOUS!!!

Yea well, it gets worse for you. Sombody Bob Spence knows sent him a Darwin fish license plate autographed by Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Cristopher Hitchens and Ellen Johnson.

Who is Bob Spence sleeping with these days?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:Brian37

Jeffrick wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Who is Bob Spence sleeping with these days?

... 4 names seem to jump out at me...

What Would Kharn Do?