A matter of dire importance in 2009

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
A matter of dire importance in 2009

This newest year of 2009 ushers in a wide range of opportunities. One such opportunity that I think we should move on immediately is that all wars that pit one religion against another religion should be suspended until the most important war of all has been fought.

I of course speak of the war between the "grilled cheese" people and the "cheese toasties" people. If you have ever been in a room when someone raised the forbidden question about the true name of the delectable lunchtime snack, then you know how much hatred exists between these groups.

This shit needs to be settled once and for all.

(Spoiler: Ridiculous cheese toasties lose.)

I mean, as long as we're having wars about meaningless shit.

Also, all bullets have been replaced by insults and funny jpegs

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quesadilla.'nuff said.

Quesadilla.

'nuff said.

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift

JillSwift wrote:

Quesadilla.

'nuff said.

If it's the tortilla kind, sure. I actually have a Mexican friend who refers to the white bread version as "Gringo Quesadillas", which I think is marvelous.

The important thing here is that cheese toasties lose. I mean... cheese toasties?!? Pff... laaaaaaame.

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I don't know if it's

I don't know if it's appropriate to bring this up here, but I would really prefer it if people stopped referring to sandwiches as "sammies".  Not too many people do it, but I tend to hear it about 5-6 times a year, more often if someone in the next room is watching Rachel Ray, and even that little amount is too much.

And Archae is of course correct on the "cheese toasties" thing.  I've never even heard that one before and it chills me to the bone. 

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
DamnDirtyApe wrote:And

DamnDirtyApe wrote:

And Archae is of course correct on the "cheese toasties" thing.  I've never even heard that one before and it chills me to the bone. 

Me neither. It sounds like the generic version of Cheetos, not another name for a cheese sammich.

(Sorry, DDA. Had to do it. It's one I hate about as much as "sammies," which I'd never heard 'til now, either.)

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Screw whatever you call it,

Screw whatever you call it, don't both sides understand that when they fight in front of their kids, their kids grow up in needles hatred of the other side.

You say potato I say patato............but does it have to end in hate?

No, hate is justified when you are talking to someone and every other words out of their mouth are "like" "you know" "like" "you know".

That justifies hate.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
DamnDirtyApe wrote: I don't

DamnDirtyApe wrote:

I don't know if it's appropriate to bring this up here, but I would really prefer it if people stopped referring to sandwiches as "sammies".  

Down with Quizno's in '09!

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:DamnDirtyApe

Sapient wrote:

DamnDirtyApe wrote:

I don't know if it's appropriate to bring this up here, but I would really prefer it if people stopped referring to sandwiches as "sammies".  

Down with Quizno's in '09!

Gah.... that place is like eating vomit on bread.

I'm happy to hear that the cheese toasties appear to be a small minority. If anyone wants proof that these fools exist, they have created a facebook group.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
CHEEZ TOASTIES 4 LIFE !!!!

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:CHEEZ

Kevin R Brown wrote:
*whacks Kevin with a quesadilla.*

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:Kevin R

JillSwift wrote:

Kevin R Brown wrote:

*whacks Kevin with a quesadilla.*

Well played, JillSwift. Well played.