Walk on water in the dark!

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Walk on water in the dark!

Why not in the daylight?
The miracle seems therefore a forgery.
Better: IT IS another contrived piece of folklore from a small god on earth.
Jesus cheated his best friends!
I would have asked Jesus to walk on water in broad daylight and in front of a “miracle committee”!
Matthew 14:26.
“It’s a spirit!!”, they cried, to reveal to the world all their superstitious fiber!

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
miracle?

I'm not buying that miracle any more then I buy into any other miracle by God jr. besides I've seen Chris Angel do the same stunt in daylight in front of witnesses.  On youtube.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Actually, I don't by the

Actually, I don't by the Chris Angel video.  He is after all a professional liar.  In that respect, I suppose that he has something in common with theists but only that much.  On the other hand, John Tickle can walk on custard infront of dozens of withnesses and explain exactly what he is doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN2D5y-AxIY

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

RespectfulButBe...
User is offlineOffline
I'll grant the custard trick was pretty cool

julio wrote:

Why not in the daylight?

Jesus had just come from feeding five thousand persons with five loaves and two fishes (Matthew 14:15-20), so He didn't really have anything to prove, did He?  He walked to the ship at night because He needed to get to the ship at night.

Jeffrick wrote:
I'm not buying that miracle any more then I buy into any other miracle by God jr. besides I've seen Chris Angel do the same stunt in daylight in front of witnesses.  On youtube.
You saw Chris Angel walk to the midst of the sea, tossed with waves (Matthew 14:24-27).  Can you post the link, I'd love to see that trick.  All I've seen him do is walk across a swimming pool on plexiglas pedestals.  Are you saying that Jesus used plexiglass?

Once an athiest, now a believer, and always ready to debate issues respectfully.

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
You’re deceiving yourself.

You’re deceiving yourself.
Go check the different versions in the synoptic and see how the story is a fabricated one. Any copyist in those days had the habit of adding whatever to compose a story.
Please, be intelligent, and do not allow religious delusion to overcome your brain.
Protect your brain, and never use somebody else’s one to read the Bible.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
RespectfulButBelieving

RespectfulButBelieving wrote:

julio wrote:

Why not in the daylight?

Jesus had just come from feeding five thousand persons with five loaves and two fishes (Matthew 14:15-20), so He didn't really have anything to prove, did He?  He walked to the ship at night because He needed to get to the ship at night.

Jeffrick wrote:
You saw Chris Angel walk to the midst of the sea, tossed with waves (Matthew 14:24-27).  Can you post the link, I'd love to see that trick.  All I've seen him do is walk across a swimming pool on plexiglas pedestals.  Are you saying that Jesus used plexiglass?

I'm not saying Jesus did anything at all.   RespectfulButBelieving you make all of your posts from the point of belief in a god and a bible. I on the other hand  make my post from the point of no belief at all. To further that point, I do not believe Yushua Bar Yuseph the one you call Jesus Christ ever  existed as a real person. Your son of god is a conglomeration of meny personalitys, real and imagined starting with Mithra of the Zoarastrians (cir. 550 BCE) -imaginary- up to John the Baptist-probably real-and a few others in between.

Try this link:

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/zostr/html    

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
RespectfulButBelieving

RespectfulButBelieving wrote:

Which of the multiple choice legends do you accept as the real story?

1- Matt - JC walked out to the ship scaring the disciples. Peter wants to be like JC but walks like a rock (isn't that what JC says of him later, he is a rock). They then arrive at Gennesaret.

2- Mark - JC walks out to the ship scaring them. No Peter copycat atttempt of water walking mentioned. They arrive at Gennesaret.

3 - Sci-Fi Luke - Missed his opportunity to outdo the other writers because he didn't mention it.

4 - John - Invents the StarTrek transporter - After JC scares his discciples he gets on the ship and it is immediately transported to the land at their destination. In 6:24 on the next day they are found in Capernaum not Gennesaret.

My view is the bards told multiple versions and these are the surviving stories.

I wonder did JC have a song like Robin Hood.

Yahshua, Yahshua walking on the lake,

Yahshua, Yahshua he's not a fake,

Feared by the Jews, loved by the poor.

Yahshua, Yahshua, Yahshua!

He called those of ill repute to a mountain retreat,

They vowed to make him king,

He handled all the troubles for the sweet, 

And the people found plenty of time to sing.

Repeat Chorus.

Sang to Gary Miller's Robin Hood theme from 1955.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.