3 year old with cancer will die. Merry Christmyass!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
3 year old with cancer will die. Merry Christmyass!

Just in time for Christmas the fallacy of all-loving/all powerfull shows it's ugly face again.

The all but mundane and tragic reality is that there is no magic to good fortune or bad fortune and an innocent 3 year old girl has made the news for suffering from brain cancer and will lose the battle. The story made the news because the girl wanted a "white Christmans" and had never seen snow. Some very compassionate owners of snow machines made the trec down to Atlanta to give the dying girl her wish. KUDOS to those people.

HOWEVER, the reality is no matter how much WE as humans do not want to see these things happen, the fact remains that they do. Bad things happen. Children with desease. Childrend dying from hunger. Children dying from war. Children dying by the hands of neglect and murder. These things are an unfortuneate part of reality.

If we as humans provided such a dangerous invironment KNOWINGLY AND WILLINGLY and did nothing about it WITH the power to prevent it, what would child protective services do such a parent?

Out of all the fallacious claims that "god can do what he wants" what kind of sick narriscistic being would want or need a child to suffer from brain cancer and have the parents suffer too? "A test"? WHAT?

A test is something you take in school. A challenge is something you take on the job or in a sport. This is just the harsh cruel reality that does not require Suprman vs Kriptonite explinations.

Some would have me believe that it is not the Cancer killing the girl, but rather a grandious battle between god and satan. Who gives a fuck about the girl when serving god is more important.

I CARE, and obviously the doctors who gave her kemo trying to extend her life, and the parents who want her around as long as possible.

My point is, now is the time more than ever, to point out the absurdity of magical claims. Nothing but nature caused this unfortunate reality. Nothing but the cancer caused this reality. I am glad she got her wish and may her family find comfort in those who made the effort no matter how futile.

There is absolutly no way you could get me to worship any claimed being who either falls asleep at the switch, or refuses to do someting about preventing harm to children in all cases.

The tragic realities of life are not magic, merely simple observable things we don't want happening to us. A God did not allow the cancer anymore than a man with a pitchfork magically put the cancer there. 

So to the theists who sit next to their cosy fire next to their trees praying to Jesus Tommorow, if you cant hold your super hero accountable for the suffering of the most innoccent, other than to say,
God can do what he wants", ask yourself what you would do. I know what I would do if I could and in that case this would never happen in human history.

Open your presents and think about the pain and suffering and the slow death of this girl. Makes you want to roast marshmellows doesn't it? Sing silent night knowing that this girl will die and her parents will scream and suffer. If anyone should have a special day to be remembered it should be this girl, not some self serving selfish cult club with a neglectfull super hero.

God, "Merry Christmas parents, I need your girl. I wont simply POOF maker disappear, I'll allow her to die a slow painfull death, even though I dont have to.".

NOW MIND THE THEIST READING THIS, it is an attack, not on your right to believe, but a blunt and honest criticism on the claims of magic and the fallacy of all-powerfull/all loving.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
In other news, a three

In other news, a three day old baby with a brain tumor is going to live a fairly normal life. However, the surgeon found an otherwise healthy pair of feet and legs in his head. There really is neither rhyme nor reason to these things.

One thing though is that we know why body parts end up in the wrong places. In rare cases, the promise and hope of stem cells turns into the curse and nightmare and then you end up with stuff like this. Fully formed teeth, hair and eyeballs are also found in the strangest of places.

Scientists are doing this all the time in mice in order to try to understand how not to do this in humans. I really don't think it is a huge burden to ask scientists to work out what they want to do in mice before demanding public money to do the same thing with human tissue.

What strikes me as odd here is that all of the news items that I have found on the above case have a quote attached from some person who has not been involved in the case and thus cannot have examined the feet saying that stem cell sourced tumors don't turn into formed tissue but rather are usually a gloppy mess that doesn't look like a body part.

It is not cool for theists to blow smoke up my ass. Nor is it cool for the media to do so either. But when the media does it, it is called spin. I guess that giving the smoke a different name when it comes from the media is supposed to make it acceptable? Um, no.

Merry christmyass from me.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
How many humans in history

How many humans in history have suffered and died from everything from stupidity, like running train tracks when the bars were down, to drunk driving, to cancer, to murder, to war, to genocide and theists want us to believe this is all part of a divine plan? OK, but what about babies and toddlers who have no way to be cruel like adults are? What do they do in their young lives to suffer from nature and suffer at the hands of adults?

The only rational conclusion is that "shit happens" even when we don't want that "shit" to happen. Like I said, good fortune and bad fortune are not a result of magic, but a result of events that are better explained by studying them rather than making up Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader explinations.

Most humans now, or at least should accept that volcanos don't explode because of some angry god. So why should desease or crime or war or genocide be treated any differently?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why the Christians always

Why the Christians always blames God, and other people the nature? Since we invented a fire, we started to affect the nature, and usually not wisely. That brain tumor can be a result of some barrels of toxic crap which gets thrown out every day around the world and causes a cancer and many other diseases to people of all ages. If America would accept things like Kyoto protocol years ago like every other civilized country in the world, that girl might be OK now. Well, maybe a microscopic piece of depleted uranium bullet from Iraq got carried by oceanic winds to Atlanta.
So what should we blame God for? For not saving the world from our own industrial poisons? They should care about poor people with children who have to smelt a lead from batteries on open fire, or dump a liquid mercury into the water to refine a gold, though doing this properly and safely is relatively cheap and easy.

Yes, helping this little girl to suffer less is a very good thing, but once these people are done with an artificial snow for her, they should also do some activism, like write, speak in media, bribe a congresman, and so on. The pollution of environment is the greatest killer in the world, and yet the ecologic activists are viewed as inept and half-crazy people. Well, the local green political party probably is, as they do a big deal over one ordinary tree cut down, but they can do nothing with corporations.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Now that's a hell of a

Now that's a hell of a wall poster.  To think... somebody is cool enough to have taken time to lovingly craft that tribute to us for Christmas.  I can't imagine how he found the time!

Honestly... it's a good poster.  Good work, anonymous stalker!

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Why the

Luminon wrote:

Why the Christians always blames God, and other people the nature? Since we invented a fire, we started to affect the nature, and usually not wisely. That brain tumor can be a result of some barrels of toxic crap which gets thrown out every day around the world and causes a cancer and many other diseases to people of all ages. If America would accept things like Kyoto protocol years ago like every other civilized country in the world, that girl might be OK now. Well, maybe a microscopic piece of depleted uranium bullet from Iraq got carried by oceanic winds to Atlanta.
So what should we blame God for? For not saving the world from our own industrial poisons? They should care about poor people with children who have to smelt a lead from batteries on open fire, or dump a liquid mercury into the water to refine a gold, though doing this properly and safely is relatively cheap and easy.

Yes, helping this little girl to suffer less is a very good thing, but once these people are done with an artificial snow for her, they should also do some activism, like write, speak in media, bribe a congresman, and so on. The pollution of environment is the greatest killer in the world, and yet the ecologic activists are viewed as inept and half-crazy people. Well, the local green political party probably is, as they do a big deal over one ordinary tree cut down, but they can do nothing with corporations.

Do you participate in the poisoning of "Mother Earth" ?  What manifestations of civilization are you willing to do without in order to minimize this effect ?  In the end, would it even make a bloddy difference ?

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:If

Luminon wrote:
If America would accept things like Kyoto protocol years ago like every other civilized country in the world, that girl might be OK now.

And which civilized countries did you have in mind there?

China? Nope. They negotiated an exception for themselves as a developing economy, whatever that means.

India? See China.

Russia? Exempt due to the fact that their economy was in the toilet at the time that is the set point for Kyoto.

The E.U.? Carved themselves up into individual nations for the purpose of Kyoto. Except when France is taken into account. France makes heavy use of nuclear power and therefore must be averaged into any consideration of E.U. Contribution to global warming.

In any case, the individual countries of Europe are ignoring Kyoto where it becomes inconvienient.

A better question would be what CO2 has to do with brain tumors. CO2 is not a carcinogen. It is fatal to brains but the effect is slightly more immediate than that of cancer.

So it did not play a role in the case of the three year old who is going to die slowly and painfully. Nor did it play a role in the case of the three day old with feet in his brain.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:If America would

Quote:

If America would accept things like Kyoto protocol years ago like every other civilized country in the world, that girl might be OK now.

CO2 is a greenhouse gas, not a carcinogen.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote:Quote:If

DG and Answers in Gene...

deludedgod wrote:

Quote:

CO2 is a greenhouse gas, not a carcinogen.

I know, there's a tiny linguistic feature which says 'things like Kyoto protocol' and it means not CO2 specifically, but any other kind of protocol restrictive towards polluting the Earth. I remembered only the Kyoto at the moment. The whole sentence means, that there are many civilized countries in the world, but not all of them cares enough about ecology. Yeah, I know, my language is slippery like an oiled eel.

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Do you participate in the poisoning of "Mother Earth" ?  What manifestations of civilization are you willing to do without in order to minimize this effect ?  In the end, would it even make a bloddy difference ?

Of course I am one of those who poisons the environment. But for a start, I consume and waste much less than average American or citizen of western Europe. I use a laptop, instead of desktop, which saves some electricity. At home, we use a lot of ecologic washing liquids. (we also sell them sometimes) I take an empty (OK, let's say "discharged" ) batteries into a licensed salvage facility. We have a washing up machine, which is much more efficient than manual washing up. And that could go on...
Does it make a difference? Probably not, but I don't care, it's not a problem to live like that. The first ones to make a difference are the corporations and governments.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
And I thought I had

And I thought I had A.D.D.

But, I cant complain. I switch subjects myself too.