an idea for a forum - running new organizations

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
an idea for a forum - running new organizations

I have an idea for a forum... or maybe just an idea for a huge ongoing thread... perhaps this will becomr that huge ongoing thread. 

This idea surfaced during a PM conversation with Kevin.  We were talking about starting a secular organization and I was thinking about how many times I have had this same conversation with various people as well as how many of them went on to start awesome, successful groups.  I've also noticed a few people coming here to ask questions in the existing forums about starting a new group.

So I went to start a discussion on forming new groups and keeping smaller groups running and realized there wasn't a clear place to put it.  Perhaps it would fall under activism - or maybe the affiliate thread (which I chose) but not everyone is an affiliate or wants an activist-oriented group.

Is anyone else here interested in sharing ideas or discuss what has and hasn't worked with their local group.  I think it would be a good resource.  I set up one of these locally but it is much more oriented to discussion of local venues, etc.  Thoughts?

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I would like to be part of

I would like to be part of such a group. 

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Do you mean local meetup

Do you mean local meetup type groups or online special interest groups? How does this relate to something like Atheist Nexus?

BTW, I'm interested in both kinds of groups, just trying to clarify.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
I meant groups that actually

I meant groups that actually meet IRL regardless of whether there is an on-line component.  Maybe I didn't describe this well... a discussion of things like what kind of events work well, how to advertise, etc.  People leading groups or people interested in leading group could share ideas on those topics or really anything related.