A little joke.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
A little joke.

Q: Why did the new student think the physics M theory lecture was full of zombies?

A: Everyone was shuffling around saying "BRANES!"

I love a bad pun. Laughing out loud

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
An engineering student asks

An engineering student asks "How does it work?"
A science student asks "Why does it work?"
A philosophy student asks "What is work?"

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
So these three guys, all

So these three guys, all software engineers, go to the bathroom during a conference.

As each finishes up, they go to wash their hands.

The engineer from Microsoft washes up, then proceeds to use a bunch of paper towels to get his hands perfectly dry. "At Microsoft, we're trained to be thorough." He explains.

The engineer from Apple washes up, then carefully uses a single paper towel to get his hands perfectly dry. "At Apple" he says "we're trained to be thorough and efficient."

The last engineer just heads out the door, and says over his shoulder; "At Sun, we don't piss on our hands."

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Two blondes were driving

Two blondes were driving along a road by a wheat field when they saw a blonde in the middle of the field rowing a row boat.

The driver blonde turned to her friend and said “You know - it’s blondes like that that give us a bad name!” To this, the other blonde replies “I know it, and if I knew how to swim, I’d go out there and drown her.”

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
Four nuns, who died in a car

Four nuns, who died in a car accident, approached the gates of Heaven. Saint Peter asked the first nun, "Have you ever touched a man's penis?" She said, "Well, I touch one just to see what it felt like." He told her to dip her finger in the holy water, then go inside. He asked the second nun the same question. She said she held one to see what it was like. He told her to dip her hand in the holy water, then go inside. When he asked the third nun the question, the fourth nun leaned forward and said, "Can I gargle the water before she sticks her butt in it?" 

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
again

A man comes home in the middle of the day and finds his wife laying on the bed, stark naked. He says.  "what are you laying around naked for?" she says "I got tired so I laid down, why not?" So he says "Well get dressed  we're going to the bosses house for dinner."  And then she says, with a sigh   "But I haven't got a thing to wear."

That pissed him off no end,  so he goes o the closet, throws open the door and yells,  "Don't tell me you don't have a thing to wear;  look at this,  the green dress,  the blue dress, the yellow dress, the red dress, oh hello Frank, the black dress, the pink dress........"

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

OmegaSupreme
OmegaSupreme's picture
User is offlineOffline
No joke

Reading this thread after reading about yet another teacher/student sex scandal reminds me of a physics teacher I had once.  I thought it was kind of odd when he was teaching special relativity and said  "Both a stationary observer and an observer moving at half the speed of light are carrying a meter stick.  Who's stick is longer?"  And he would change the scenario slightly and then ask again "Who's stick is longer?"  It finally clicked in my head and I couldn't stop laughing in class.  A few weeks later he was lecturing on the big bang theory and black holes and the in/out motion of a rigid object.

You had me at "WTF?"

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Q: Two linguists are walking

Q: Two linguists are walking down the street. Which one is the expert on contextually indicated deixis?

A: The other one.

LINGUIST: Excuse me, but where's the library at?

PRESCRIPTIVIST: Did you just end a sentence with a preposition? Aren't you supposed to be a language expert? Don't you know that's ungrammatical?

LINGUIST: Oh, I'm sorry. Let me try again. Where's the library at, asshole?

A linguist and his friend are walking across campus when they happen upon six other scowling linguists beating mercilessly on a defenseless, helpless prescriptivist. After staring at the spectacle for a moment in shock, the linguist's friend turns to him and says, "Well, aren't you going to DO anything?!"

The linguist: "It's thoughtful of you to ask, but six should be enough."

Q: How many linguists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: Just one, but first he needs to consult the OED.

Descartes bursts into a bar and begins excitedly ordering drinks, ranting and raving about how he's celebrating a brilliant philosophical breakthrough. He orders drink after drink and downs them all in single gulps. After he begins to slow down, the bartender approaches him and asks if he'd like yet another. Descartes, feeling a little woozy, replies, "I think not," and then vanishes forever.

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
OmegaSupreme wrote:Reading

OmegaSupreme wrote:

Reading this thread after reading about yet another teacher/student sex scandal reminds me of a physics teacher I had once.  I thought it was kind of odd when he was teaching special relativity and said  "Both a stationary observer and an observer moving at half the speed of light are carrying a meter stick.  Who's stick is longer?"  And he would change the scenario slightly and then ask again "Who's stick is longer?"  It finally clicked in my head and I couldn't stop laughing in class.  A few weeks later he was lecturing on the big bang theory and black holes and the in/out motion of a rigid object.

Hehe. The first time I ever got kicked out of a science class was in 8th grade when they were teaching basic sexual anatomy. My friend made the joke, "Gonad the Barbarian!" and I just couldn't stop laughing. Ever since then I loved science jokes/puns.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
A little bump. How is a

A little bump.

How is a tornado similar to a divorce in Tennessee?

In either case, someone is losing a trailer.

What does it mean when there is drool coming from both sides of the UT graduate's mouth?

The trailer is level.

How do you know when a Tennessee male is married?

There are tobacco stains on both sides of the pick-up truck.

How do you know a Tennessee female is on her period?

She's only wearing one sock.

How do you know a Tennessee girl loves you?

She spits out her tobacco before fellatio.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am so glad I don't live in

I am so glad I don't live in Tennessee!

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
3 reasons to stop drinking too much

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
I now love IBC more than

I now love IBC more than ever.

Dray
User is offlineOffline
A neutron walks into a bar.

A neutron walks into a bar. "How much for a drink here, anyways?" To which the bartender responds, "For you, no charge."

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
These threads always fall by

These threads always fall by the proverbial wayside. With a few new people around, I thought I might resurrect it.

Q: What is the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

A: The location of the dirtbag.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MichaelMcF
Science Freak
MichaelMcF's picture
User is offlineOffline
There was a young man from

There was a young man from Nepal

Who had a mathematical ball

Geddit?  Explanation below....

There was a young man from Nepal

Who had a mathematical ball

The cube of its weight

Times PI, minus 8

Equals 4 thirds the root of fuck all.

Forget Jesus, the stars died so that you could be here
- Lawrence Krauss

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Q: What do you call it when

Q: What do you call it when two physicists have a personality conflict resulting in constant squabbles?

A: Science Friction.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Girls take your time and

Girls take your time and money

Girls=time*money

But any business person will confirm time=money

Girls=money2

But money is the root of all Evil

Girls=[SQRT[Evil]]2

Girls=EVIL

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Replacement

Replacement Windows: 

Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with that expensive double-pane energy efficient kind .

Today, I got a call from the contractor who installed them.  

He was complaining that the work had been completed a whole year ago and I still hadn't paid for them.  

Hellooooo, . . . . just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am automatically stupid.  

So, I told him just what his fast talking sales guy had told me last year, that in ONE YEAR these windows would pay for themselves!  

Helllooooo? It's been a year! I told him.   

There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally just hung up. He never called back. I bet he felt like an idiot.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940