Virgin Mary on Cover of Playboy

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Virgin Mary on Cover of Playboy

Well at least on the Mexican edition some people think Playboy did a cover in bad taste. Just a sexy model though.

See Here.

Playboy denies that they intended to portray the Virgin of Guadalupe on the cover. It is but a sexy Argentine model in a veil with a stained glass window.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
gratz on the horns, paul

gratz on the horns, paul

Anime_Otaku
User is offlineOffline
Meh. To a large extent it's

Meh. To a large extent it's a case of same old, same old. The timing may be a little insensitive for publishing in that part of the world where Catholicism a major influence but the fact is Maria is the name of the model and that's all there is to it. The article is a bit unfair too as it only has a brief statement from PB and they don't get a proper right to reply to being called liars.

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Mary was smokin! Is it bad

Mary was smokin! Is it bad if I wanna hump Jesus' mom?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Archeopteryx wrote: Mary

Archeopteryx wrote:

Jesus's mom has got it going on......(parody of song lyrics of a band)

What does it matter?

Why are they blowing a gasket and acting just like Isak Hays who had no problem making fun of everything else but his own claim? Why are they acting like Muslims who blew a gasket over the cartoonist who depicted Muhammed with a bomb in his turbin? Why are they acting like atheists who bitched about South Park having Dawkins fuck a transexual?

I think with all the poverty and war and genocide and global recession going on today, the last thing I would worry about is someone making fun of me.

Get a friggen grip folks. Is your god(insert diety  here) that petty and impotent that he would need humans to complain about people poking fun at him or his minions?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Ubermensch
Ubermensch's picture
User is offlineOffline
Archeopteryx wrote: Mary

Archeopteryx wrote:

Quite the opposite.  In fact, it means your taste in women is in line with god's.

Scientific illiteracy is reality illiteracy.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Why are they

Brian37 wrote:
Why are they acting like atheists who bitched about South Park having Dawkins fuck a transexual?

That was funny! It aired the same week I went to the book signing for 'god delusion'.

I was sad no one mentioned it during Q&A time.

I didn't know there were atheists that were angry about that.

There have been 'harsher' things said and done to atheists than parodying them as a whole group.

The worst part. Didn't Mrs. Garrison become a lesbian after that?

I'm just sayin'.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote:Brian37

darth_josh wrote:

Brian37 wrote:
Why are they acting like atheists who bitched about South Park having Dawkins fuck a transexual?

That was funny! It aired the same week I went to the book signing for 'god delusion'.

I was sad no one mentioned it during Q&A time.

I didn't know there were atheists that were angry about that.

There have been 'harsher' things said and done to atheists than parodying them as a whole group.

The worst part. Didn't Mrs. Garrison become a lesbian after that?

I'm just sayin'.

I don't know if anyone remembers the South Park episode where Mary was bleeding out of her ass, but come on folks if a cartoon who takes no prisoners including atheists, gets less attention than than this mundane crap, then Married With Children is a video holy book for horny men married to ugly women.

I am saying I don't care. With global economics and being on the verge of WW3 I could give a shit less if you pick on anyone's god, anyone's political  party or any nation  or even atheists. I like breathing and this kind of crap keeps humanity off that goal.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog