Denial

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
Denial

Even after these cock knockers got spanked in this last election they're still trying to turn America into a theocracy. Why won't they just die?

"Faith, Faith is an island in the setting sun,
but proof, proof is the bottom line for everyone."
Proof, Paul Simon

Nothing this hard should taste so beefy.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
nutxaq wrote:Even after

nutxaq wrote:
Even after these cock knockers got spanked in this last election they're still trying to turn America into a theocracy. Why won't they just die?
I hear my congresscritters got a hell of a lot of flack for voting on that last year. Some of that flack was from me.

Hunt around there, though. You'll find loads of resolutions like it stretching as far back as the records go. Stupid has been around a long time.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:Hunt around

JillSwift wrote:

Hunt around there, though. You'll find loads of resolutions like it stretching as far back as the records go. Stupid has been around a long time.

In "Religulous" Bill Maher talks to some dipshit rep. from Arkansas, who after illustrating how dumb he was pointed out that there's no I.Q. test to be an elected official. I think this is further evidence that we should not only be testing candidates but voters as well. Is there anything more dangerous than a bunch of idiots that agree with each other? 

Proof, Paul Simon

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote: Stupid has

JillSwift wrote:

Stupid has been around a long time.

This illustrates my earlier point when you said you were "feeling stupid". In what way could you compare yourself to stupid and find similarities? Because I see absolutely no resemblance from what you write.

Just consider this gem, which has made its way into public discourse when it doesn't belong anywhere near a brain:

"acknowledges and supports the role played by Christians and Christianity in the founding of the United States and in the formation of the western civilization"

Are we kidding, here? Ignoring the fact that the founding fathers were largely in favour of the separation of church and state, the formation of civilization was foiled completely during the medieval period by religious madness!

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:(5) rejects bigotry

Quote:

(5) rejects bigotry and persecution directed against Christians, both in the United States and worldwide;

Hey! How about rejecting bigotry and persecution directed against any religious faith, or lack of religious faith? Huh?

I really hate people.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:Quote:(5)

nigelTheBold wrote:

Quote:

(5) rejects bigotry and persecution directed against Christians, both in the United States and worldwide;

Hey! How about rejecting bigotry and persecution directed against any religious faith, or lack of religious faith? Huh?

I really hate people.

According to their numbers they make up more than 75% of the population so in reality they should be good with some mosquitoe nets.

Proof, Paul Simon

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here's the letter I sent to

Here's the letter I sent to my rep:

I wrote:
Dear Heather Wilson, Representative from New Mexico district one;

I would like to congratulate you on voting "Yes" on H. Res. 847.

In doing so you have helped point out the obvious, that there are many Christians in the United States, and that Christmas is important to them. That took great courage.

You have also helped marginalize minority faiths and non-faiths. I'm certain it is appreciated by all the Jews, Muslims, Wiccans, Atheists and other non-Christians that our House of Representatives spent precious time comforting the vast majority of Bible-believing Christians who no doubt, as this fine country's most powerful majority, regularly feel the sting of having their representatives scoff at their beliefs and proclaim them to be "unpatriotic" and doubt that they are even deserving of citizenship.

I also commend you on your fine interpretation of the establishment clause of the first amendment to the country's Constitution, and to the vast number of documents and precedence that followed that are often seen (apparently incorrectly) as proof that our founding fathers wanted to separate church and state as a means to protect religion from being used as a tool for state tyranny.

We all know this was a Christian nation from the start, which is why such religious wording as "In God We Trust" didn't appear on our nation's currency for over a century after the Constitution was ratified, or that the Pledge of Allegiance had no mention of God in it until so much later.

Your choice on voting yes on HR847 makes me happy. Happy that you've come to the end of your term limit and I won't have to see you wrecking the very ideals that made this country truly great and free so you could pander to a bunch of fanatics. Bye!

--Jill

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:Here's the

JillSwift wrote:

Here's the letter I sent to my rep:

I wrote:
Dear Heather Wilson, Representative from New Mexico district one;

I would like to congratulate you on voting "Yes" on H. Res. 847.

In doing so you have helped point out the obvious, that there are many Christians in the United States, and that Christmas is important to them. That took great courage.

You have also helped marginalize minority faiths and non-faiths. I'm certain it is appreciated by all the Jews, Muslims, Wiccans, Atheists and other non-Christians that our House of Representatives spent precious time comforting the vast majority of Bible-believing Christians who no doubt, as this fine country's most powerful majority, regularly feel the sting of having their representatives scoff at their beliefs and proclaim them to be "unpatriotic" and doubt that they are even deserving of citizenship.

I also commend you on your fine interpretation of the establishment clause of the first amendment to the country's Constitution, and to the vast number of documents and precedence that followed that are often seen (apparently incorrectly) as proof that our founding fathers wanted to separate church and state as a means to protect religion from being used as a tool for state tyranny.

We all know this was a Christian nation from the start, which is why such religious wording as "In God We Trust" didn't appear on our nation's currency for over a century after the Constitution was ratified, or that the Pledge of Allegiance had no mention of God in it until so much later.

Your choice on voting yes on HR847 makes me happy. Happy that you've come to the end of your term limit and I won't have to see you wrecking the very ideals that made this country truly great and free so you could pander to a bunch of fanatics. Bye!

--Jill

do you know if she actually reads these letters, jill?  because it would be a real tragedy if she didn't.  that was fucking brilliant.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:do you know if

iwbiek wrote:
do you know if she actually reads these letters, jill?  because it would be a real tragedy if she didn't.  that was fucking brilliant.
In Wilson's case, I'm still trying to work out whether or not she reads, period. She did make comment later that her office was inundated by letters from "a radical minority", so someone reads 'em.

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:iwbiek

JillSwift wrote:

iwbiek wrote:
In Wilson's case, I'm still trying to work out whether or not she reads, period. She did make comment later that her office was inundated by letters from "a radical minority", so someone reads 'em.

That's nice, people who paid attention in science class are a "radical minority". How dare we shriek like a bunch of harpies over a bunch of words in some dusty old document.?

Proof, Paul Simon

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
nutxaq wrote:JillSwift

nutxaq wrote:

JillSwift wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

That's nice, people who paid attention in science class are a "radical minority". How dare we shriek like a bunch of harpies over a bunch of words in some dusty old document.?

Jeez. Yeah, the people who are paying attention at all are obviously such bastards. What the hell is wrong with her?

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence