Kentucky Dept. of Homeland Securty has theism as primary duty

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kentucky Dept. of Homeland Securty has theism as primary duty

Kentucky has lost its mind. It has made its homeland security branch officially theistic. I can only hope that a judge will strike this retarded law down. Some legislator amended Kentucky's homeland security bill and made it a god-first organization. What part of the first amendment is confusing to these people? There comes a point where I just wish that the government would follow the Constitution. I would be glad if all my libertarian fantasies never came true; so long as the government strictly followed the Constitution.

http://www.kentucky.com/210/story/608229.html

Quote:

State Rep. Tom Riner, a Southern Baptist minister, tucked the God provision into Homeland Security legislation as a floor amendment that lawmakers overwhelmingly approved two years ago.

As amended, Homeland Security's religious duties now come before all else, including its distribution of millions of dollars in federal grants and its analysis of possible threats.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Already a thread on this in

Already a thread on this in News & Activism.