a belated introduction

Desdenova
atheist
Desdenova's picture
User is offlineOffline
a belated introduction

Howdy folks.

Thought that since I was posting with a vengence, I might as well drop an introduction and mini bio.

I am a 42 year old male cracker, Texan on the tundra, atheist, libertarian, extropian, role playing gamer, Asian horror movie fan, Heinlein addict, meat eating PETA hating non hunter, practitioner of a lifestyle that is none of your damned business, part time misanthropist, renaissance fair goer, former biker, antique collecter, and wealth of useless knowledge.

My career history includes respiratory therapist, pool hall owner, dishwasher, bouncer, nurse, gas station attendant, book store owner, and a couple that I refuse to mention until the statute of limitatons regarding them expires.

I hold a degree in nursing, but have studied both theology and Near Eastern studies prior to deciding on a career path. I have informally furthered my knowledge of Near Eastern history both on my own and with the assistance of a Finnish Assyriologist and associate of Dr. Simo Parpola.

My hobbies include reading, Asian horror, role playing games, strategic/tactical games, debate, and pissing people off just for the fun of it.

I am married, though our lifestyle, not the marriage contract, is the defining basis of our relationship. We have no children, finding them inconducive to our lifestyle ( as well as generally annoying ). As I have mentioned before, this lifestyle is not for public knowledge or debate.

I don't want to write a friggin' novel, so I think I'll leave it at that for now. Glad to have found this site, and I hope to get to know you all better as time goes by.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Save a tree, eat a vegetarian.

Sometimes " The Majority " only means that all the fools are on the same side.

stuntgibbon
stuntgibbon's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Now, when you say Asian

Now, when you say Asian horror... do you mean a film like "The Eye" or Yoko Ono?

Desdenova
atheist
Desdenova's picture
User is offlineOffline
stuntgibbon wrote: Now,

stuntgibbon wrote:

Now, when you say Asian horror... do you mean a film like "The Eye" or Yoko Ono?

The Eye, Ju-on, Marebito, Ringu, Tomie, Spiral, Versus,....

Yoko? Oh, no!

It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Save a tree, eat a vegetarian.

Sometimes " The Majority " only means that all the fools are on the same side.

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum! You

Welcome to the forum! You will find we are a varied group of people, you should fit in well    Smiling

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! I'm a RPG fan too!

Welcome! I'm a RPG fan too!
Albion, Might & Magic 6, X-Com 1,2,3, Spiderweb's Avernum and Geneforge series, Deus Ex 1 and 2 (from where my nickname originates), Helherron, System Shock, ADOM, Realms of Arkania 3, Undercroft, and many others, these are my beloved memories of looting, hacking and slashing, meelee or ranged.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hola

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your time, I am an old timer of  RPG's....since the early 80's.