"Breaking the Ice" spread this vid!

static_
static_'s picture
User is offlineOffline
"Breaking the Ice" spread this vid!

A video dedicated to breaking the ice with the secular majority who view the debating of personal beliefs as "improper" or even "immoral".

High quality download available in the vid's description box.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Static_, thank you for

Static_, thank you for showing us that video. It is heartening to know that there are others who understand the importance os the ongoing questioning of ourselves.

I've pointed this vid out on several discussion e-mail groups already.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

dead_again
Special AgentWebsite Admin
dead_again's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oops. In attempting to fix

Oops. In attempting to fix staic_'s comment I deleted comments from butterbattle and IAGAY. Sorry, you will need to repost them.

As for the video, good stuff except for the last part: It left the playing field open for those that THINK they have vaild opinions to discuss, like the sex slave traders they spoke of at the beginning of the video.

Your god's silence speaks loud and clear

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Super cool Static, so I

Super cool Static, so I emailed it to my monster list.

static_
static_'s picture
User is offlineOffline
dead_again:I played a lot of

dead_again:

I played a lot of careful cards (or should I say, didn't play them) to emphasize the raw message of the video, which I feel is of utmost importance.

People need to open up, get past their brainwashed pride, and skepticism needs to be popularized.

Objective, comprehensive discussions over ANY risque social issue should be commonplace.

Unless that happens, then in my opinion, we will go nowhere as a species. We'll just be perpetuating the endless cycle of "Good Guys and Bad Guys Fighting Over Sheep."

TheHermit
TheHermit's picture
User is offlineOffline
dead_again wrote:As for the

dead_again wrote:
As for the video, good stuff except for the last part: It left the playing field open for those that THINK they have vaild opinions to discuss, like the sex slave traders they spoke of at the beginning of the video.

I don't consider this a problem; in fact, I consider this the entire point.  The thing is, if they bring up those opinions it gives others the opportunity to challenge and refute them.  Keeping opinions to ourselves allows our bad opinions to fester.  In order for a belief to be challenged, it must first be voiced.

Wonko
Wonko's picture
User is offlineOffline
Back in my younger days,

Back in my younger days, when I was a DJ and Program Director for a Midwestern U.S. radio station, we played the song featured on the video.... the original version, that is.

Depeche Mode, I think from their album *Black Celebration* circa 1985/86. Always liked that song and I quite like this remake from a couple years ago by Shiny Toy Guns.

Especially appreciate the lyrics....

"Let me hear you
Make decisions
Without your television
Let me hear you speaking
Just for me."