Am I a bad atheist?

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Am I a bad atheist?

I just helped buid a directional radio tower array for the Christian Broadcasting System. Does that make me a bad atheist? Sticking out tongue

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
yes... yes it does Now poor

yes... yes it does

Now poor shmucks, out in Spaghetti-monster knowswhere, will always have 1 more stupid radio channel thanks to you.

Just our luck that its signal probably lies between the News station and the Rock station

What Would Kharn Do?

phooney
phooney's picture
User is offlineOffline
Depends on how much you

Depends on how much you charged them to do it I guess Smiling

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Should have put something in

Should have put something in it that whenever you feel like it you can switch the feed to something else - say Howard Stern or Air America (particularly when Freethought Radio is on! )

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
phooney wrote:Depends on how

phooney wrote:

Depends on how much you charged them to do it I guess Smiling

Lets say that I'm making enough to not worry about the ethics of it...

MattShizzle wrote:

Should have put something in it that whenever you feel like it you can switch the feed to something else - say Howard Stern or Air America (particularly when Freethought Radio is on! )

Great idea, wish I would've had it...

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

MySpace

peterweal
peterweal's picture
User is offlineOffline
Can you BASE jump off it?

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:Lets say that I'm

Quote:

Funny how those god people can always scare up (pun intended) as much money as they want for damn near anything.

Oh, and yes, you're a bad atheist.  BAD ATHEIST!!

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
peterweal wrote:Can you BASE

peterweal wrote:

No, the tallest of the four is just over 200ft. Sorry.

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

Funny how those god people can always scare up (pun intended) as much money as they want for damn near anything.

Oh, and yes, you're a bad atheist.  BAD ATHEIST!!

I'm sad now... I think I'm going to cry all the way to the bank...

MySpace

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 As penance for your sin,

As penance for your sin, you should donate 10% of your profit to a worthy atheist organization.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
or you can donate 2% to me

or you can donate 2% to me and we will call it even.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
penance

As penance, can you help Rook with  his numerous technical problems on the Wendsday RRS show?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Repent spike , Ahh, but

Repent spike , Ahh, but you have .... LOL,  god man!

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
To Spike. Ahem.

Thou unreasoner!  Knowest thou not that those who contribute to the work of illogic will spend eternity after death listening to old Fred Phelps sermons? REPENT! REPENT NOW, BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!

Conor

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:a worthy

Hambydammit wrote:

a worthy atheist organization 

*adds to list of favorite oxymorons*

j/k

ClymAngus
ClymAngus's picture
User is offlineOffline
spike.barnett wrote:I just

spike.barnett wrote:

I just helped buid a directional radio tower array for the Christian Broadcasting System. Does that make me a bad atheist? Sticking out tongue

Take heart from the simple truth that science serves all masters, even those who would turn it's truth to the service of paranoia and delusion. The directional radio tower array will broadcast whatever is plugged into it, without bias or favor. It will only fail when it falls victim to the effects of one or more of the forces present in the universe.

To revel in science does not make you a bad atheist. Not charging double for having to do a distasteful job, now that does make you a bad atheist and maybe a bit of a softy too. Laughing out loud

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClymAngus wrote:Take heart

ClymAngus wrote:

Take heart from the simple truth that science serves all masters, even those who would turn it's truth to the service of paranoia and delusion. The directional radio tower array will broadcast whatever is plugged into it, without bias or favor. It will only fail when it falls victim to the effects of one or more of the forces present in the universe.

To revel in science does not make you a bad atheist. Not charging double for having to do a distasteful job, now that does make you a bad atheist and maybe a bit of a softy too. Laughing out loud

Damn, I knew I forgot something. I wonder if I can still double charge...

MySpace

ClymAngus
ClymAngus's picture
User is offlineOffline
spike.barnett

spike.barnett wrote:

ClymAngus wrote:

Damn, I knew I forgot something. I wonder if I can still double charge...

You may have to quote scripture to justify it. If you have the means, then it's worth a try. If you accept the probability of failure, then anything else is a bonus.

Like so many other things in life.