Consider this my official request to have Sexual Monogamy placed on the list of Irrational Precepts!

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
Consider this my official request to have Sexual Monogamy placed on the list of Irrational Precepts!

Good day, gents and lasses, it is a pleasure to be with most of you once more. I assure you that my reappearance is no mere happenstance. Nay, good friends, I have come once again to beleaguer the masses with my astounding wit and charm. But I must first inist on addressing a far more pressing matter:

It seems that an otherwise delectable debutante has been taken by the idea of ensnaring yours truly into a sexually exclusive arrangement, so to speak. Suffice to say that I am none too pleased with this turn of events. It should seem to me that, overlooking the self-explanatory strain it would place on my sexual endeavours, such a courtship also lacks *ahem* rational grounding, and as such is, for rational purposes, and undue measure.

What say you, vile and boorish denizens of the internether?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Try this.

Tell her you hear "Oh god!"  enough in church and you don't need to hear it in your own bed.

Or;   Your waiting for the latest round of paternity test results....

Or;   Your waiting on the appellet court ruling against current restraining orders to see if you HAVE to become monogamous.

Or;  Lie through your teeth and keep nailing anything that moves.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
My dear fellow, I can assure

My dear fellow, I can assure you that the situation has been handled rather augustly, if I may toot my own horn; indeed, I informed the young damsel that as a dashing young chap, it was not my intention of being tied down (without a pre-ordained safeword, of course)!

If I might inquire, however, as to your personal views on such behaviors: what do you make of the nonsense that is the human behavior of complete monogamy? And how do you feel it would be best combated?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
to answer

LosingStreak06 wrote:

My dear fellow, I can assure you that the situation has been handled rather augustly, if I may toot my own horn; indeed, I informed the young damsel that as a dashing young chap, it was not my intention of being tied down (without a pre-ordained safeword, of course)!

If I might inquire, however, as to your personal views on such behaviors: what do you make of the nonsense that is the human behavior of complete monogamy? And how do you feel it would be best combated?

Because of deadly STD's I gave up on dateing and one night stands years ago;  it was the wife's idea.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

LosingStreak06 wrote:

Because of deadly STD's I gave up on dateing and one night stands years ago;  it was the wife's idea.

Ah, my condolences.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
LosingStreak06 wrote:Good

LosingStreak06 wrote:

Good day, gents and lasses, it is a pleasure to be with most of you once more. I assure you that my reappearance is no mere happenstance. Nay, good friends, I have come once again to beleaguer the masses with my astounding wit and charm. But I must first inist on addressing a far more pressing matter:

It seems that an otherwise delectable debutante has been taken by the idea of ensnaring yours truly into a sexually exclusive arrangement, so to speak. Suffice to say that I am none too pleased with this turn of events. It should seem to me that, overlooking the self-explanatory strain it would place on my sexual endeavours, such a courtship also lacks *ahem* rational grounding, and as such is, for rational purposes, and undue measure.

Ahem, a 16th century english isn't commonly taught at schools, but from those passages I understood it seems you complain on a sexual monogamy. So when men has a monogamy or polygamy, what do you think about monoandry, or God forbid, polyandry? (andros = men) I don't like these hypocrites who has a multiple women, but dislikes when their women has multiple men (each). It would be then reasonable to estabilish the glasnost in a relationship and invite everyone on a big swingers party.
If I'd be ever tempted to have a sider, I'd imagine my main beloved one doing the same with another man, and the unchaste thoughts would hopefully fade away.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Well, true monogamy is an

Well, true monogamy is an irrational concept for humans.  It's not how we're built.  However, most humans do naturally tend towards something approaching serial monogamy.

Here are the essays about this subject:

On Human Sexuality

On Sex in General

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:LosingStreak06

Luminon wrote:

LosingStreak06 wrote:

Ahem, a 16th century english isn't commonly taught at schools, but from those passages I understood it seems you complain on a sexual monogamy. So when men has a monogamy or polygamy, what do you think about monoandry, or God forbid, polyandry? (andros = men) I don't like these hypocrites who has a multiple women, but dislikes when their women has multiple men (each). It would be then reasonable to estabilish the glasnost in a relationship and invite everyone on a big swingers party.
If I'd be ever tempted to have a sider, I'd imagine my main beloved one doing the same with another man, and the unchaste thoughts would hopefully fade away.

Good sirrah, believe me that I hold no double-standard. I can asure you that the lady in question, like all I become involved with, is free to go and come as she pleases. Wordplay aside, my desires are not to keep the young temptress enfettered with "romantic" obligations.

Hambydammit wrote:

Well, true monogamy is an irrational concept for humans.  It's not how we're built.  However, most humans do naturally tend towards something approaching serial monogamy.

Here are the essays about this subject:

On Human Sexuality

On Sex in General

Good show, my dear fellow! I should say, I expected no less from you.

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Article

Here's an article I recently wrote on the subject...there are approximately 4 million swingers in this country...add to that Polyamoury, BDSM...and good old fashioned cheating assholes, and well, you get the idea:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Monogamy-No-More&id=1559466

...its a tad "wordy"...but I wrote it on a sugar rush.

P.S. ...Hey Hamby, hope things are well.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
BDSM and monogamy aren't

BDSM and monogamy aren't mutually exclusive.

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:Here's an

Rich Woods wrote:

Here's an article I recently wrote on the subject...there are approximately 4 million swingers in this country...add to that Polyamoury, BDSM...and good old fashioned cheating assholes, and well, you get the idea:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Monogamy-No-More&id=1559466

...its a tad "wordy"...but I wrote it on a sugar rush.

P.S. ...Hey Hamby, hope things are well.

Sir, I must laud your seering distaste for the nonsensical masses! Truly you serve as my involuntary herald; for as your tongue proclaims, so do my actions seek to uphold as truth!

MattShizzle wrote:
BDSM and monogamy aren't mutually exclusive.

If one wishes to enjoy oneself, then perhaps they ought to be!