Theists! Put your vote where your mouth is.

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
Posts: 2479
Joined: 2006-03-19
User is offlineOffline
Theists! Put your vote where your mouth is.

Here's a challenge for all American theists: If you really believe in God as a personal entity, why don't you vote for him for president? Think about it. Who could possibly run the country better than God!?!? If you vote for God, you are GUARANTEED of voting for the best person for president. By voting for God, and getting all of your theist friends to vote for God, you can send a strong message to your fellow Americans that America is "one nation, under God".

It says on your money, "In God we trust". Do you REALLY trust God? If so, then you should vote for him for president.

When you vote on the 4th, do the right thing and make a write-in vote for G-O-D. It's the best thing for America, and the world!

(Also, consider voting for God for all the elections you participate in. Let all those godless atheists and so-called 'rational thinkers' waste their vote on mere human candidates. Make sure your vote proclaims the glory of God.)

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!


LoveThyNeighbour
LoveThyNeighbour's picture
Posts: 43
Joined: 2008-10-22
User is offlineOffline
natural wrote:Here's a

natural wrote:

Here's a challenge for all American theists: If you really believe in God as a personal entity, why don't you vote for him for president? Think about it. Who could possibly run the country better than God!?!? If you vote for God, you are GUARANTEED of voting for the best person for president. By voting for God, and getting all of your theist friends to vote for God, you can send a strong message to your fellow Americans that America is "one nation, under God".

It says on your money, "In God we trust". Do you REALLY trust God? If so, then you should vote for him for president.

When you vote on the 4th, do the right thing and make a write-in vote for G-O-D. It's the best thing for America, and the world!

(Also, consider voting for God for all the elections you participate in. Let all those godless atheists and so-called 'rational thinkers' waste their vote on mere human candidates. Make sure your vote proclaims the glory of God.)

God wasn't born in America, so it's against the Constitution. It's second only to the Bible in Lawfulness.

 

Perhaps Atheists should vote for Satan?

I'm an agnostic atheist who thinks you should love your neughbour.


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Perhaps Atheists

Quote:

Perhaps Atheists should vote for Satan?

How does one vote for an entity one does not believe in?

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
Posts: 1868
Joined: 2008-01-25
User is offlineOffline
Another idea

If you can't vote for God, at least show your faith in God: stay home and pray on the 4th.


LoveThyNeighbour
LoveThyNeighbour's picture
Posts: 43
Joined: 2008-10-22
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod

deludedgod wrote:

Quote:

Perhaps Atheists should vote for Satan?

How does one vote for an entity one does not believe in?

Oh, you do believe in Satan, you just don't admit it. Otherwise you would be a Christian.

I'm an agnostic atheist who thinks you should love your neughbour.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
What a moron....

What a moron....


Wonko
Wonko's picture
Posts: 518
Joined: 2008-06-18
User is offlineOffline
LoveThyNeighbour

LoveThyNeighbour wrote:

natural wrote:

Here's a challenge for all American theists: If you really believe in God as a personal entity, why don't you vote for him for president?

 

God wasn't born in America, so it's against the Constitution. It's second only to the Bible in Lawfulness.Perhaps Atheists should vote for Satan?

 

Whathe... Wha     god wasn't born where???

Tell us where god was born then.

Oh and as my 8th grade math teacher used to say, "Show your work".

 


Wonko
Wonko's picture
Posts: 518
Joined: 2008-06-18
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:If you

nigelTheBold wrote:

If you can't vote for God, at least show your faith in God: stay home and pray on the 4th.

 

Yes... I'm sure god would want the prayers more than anything else one could do. He will take care of whoever he wants to have in the White House. Have faith, Neighbour !


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
Quote:What a moron....You

Quote:

What a moron....

You know, under most circumstances, I would shoot for a more well-written response than that, but in this case...yeah, that's pretty much all I can say to a such a complete non sequitur and false dichotomy falllacy. There isn't much more to add. What a picture perfect example of a fanatic. I always wanted to know what the 1st century sounded like. It's like a breathing time capsule.

 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Don't Christians believe in

Don't Christians believe in Satan? If not why are they always bringing him up?


Wonko
Wonko's picture
Posts: 518
Joined: 2008-06-18
User is offlineOffline
Absolutely they believe in

Absolutely they believe in satan... well... at least the so-called true christians do.

They believe and are terrified by the prospect of hell.


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
LoveThyNeighbour

LoveThyNeighbour wrote:

deludedgod wrote:

Quote:

Perhaps Atheists should vote for Satan?

How does one vote for an entity one does not believe in?

Oh, you do believe in Satan, you just don't admit it. Otherwise you would be a Christian.

By that logic, you're actually a humanist. You know that God is a construct of the minds of men.

You even have evidence of that - a book about god written by men.

You just don't admit it. Otherwise you'd be rational.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
Posts: 676
Joined: 2007-05-11
User is offlineOffline
LoveThyNeighbour

LoveThyNeighbour wrote:

deludedgod wrote:

Quote:

Perhaps Atheists should vote for Satan?

How does one vote for an entity one does not believe in?

Oh, you do believe in Satan, you just don't admit it. Otherwise you would be a Christian.

Well, looks like the jig is up folks. The good neighbour here seems to have looked right through our clever deception.

You're right LoveThyNeighbour, and I thank you for it. All of this hiding has been really hurting my soul. Deep down, in the soul region. Now I can be honest about atheism and what it truly stands for. Now I can openly declare that I worship Satan! Wow, that felt really good, to just open up and say it. I've been supressing it all of these years, pretending that I believe in "reality" and that I don't believe in myths and superstition.

There is actually a secret forum here on the RRS where we discuss these things. Since you are the one who uncovered the secret I will see if Sapient (also known as the Archdemon Sapient to us in the know) will PM you the link. Don't spread it around though. No one can know that atheists all believe in Satan=not Christian. If that secret got out it could bring down our secret Satanic organization.

Thank you LoveThyNeighbour, thank you. My soul area is so much more... soul-ish.


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Quote:God wasn't born in

Quote:
God wasn't born in America, so it's against the Constitution. It's second only to the Bible in Lawfulness.

Seriously... or... I mean... um...

God damn it!  i can't get a read on this.  LoveThyNeighbor, I gotta hand it to you, man.  You're keeping me guessing better than most theists who come here.  I truly can't decide if you're just an insanely ignorant twit or a pimply teenager getting lulz.

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


LoveThyNeighbour
LoveThyNeighbour's picture
Posts: 43
Joined: 2008-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Quote:God

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
God wasn't born in America, so it's against the Constitution. It's second only to the Bible in Lawfulness.

Seriously... or... I mean... um...

God damn it!  i can't get a read on this.  LoveThyNeighbor, I gotta hand it to you, man.  You're keeping me guessing better than most theists who come here.  I truly can't decide if you're just an insanely ignorant twit or a pimply teenager getting lulz.

 

I'm sorry to hear you disagree with me. I'm just an honest Christian, trying to spread the word.

I'm an agnostic atheist who thinks you should love your neughbour.


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I'm sorry to hear you

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear you disagree with me. I'm just an honest Christian, trying to spread the word.

I want you to understand that what I'm about to say is 100% serious.  I am not joking.  This is not cleverly disguised humor, or cynicism, or anger, or malice, or anything else.  It's one hundred percent honesty from the bottom of my heart:

Your posts are so bizarre and so insane sounding that they are completely indistinguishable from humor.  I'm really not kidding.  You may not realize this, but to anyone outside of your religion (if you're not joking, which... I honestly can't tell) your entire belief system sounds like someone making a joke.

I'm not kidding.

Really.

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


jcgadfly
Superfan
Posts: 6791
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
LoveThyNeighbour

LoveThyNeighbour wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
God wasn't born in America, so it's against the Constitution. It's second only to the Bible in Lawfulness.

Seriously... or... I mean... um...

God damn it!  i can't get a read on this.  LoveThyNeighbor, I gotta hand it to you, man.  You're keeping me guessing better than most theists who come here.  I truly can't decide if you're just an insanely ignorant twit or a pimply teenager getting lulz.

 

I'm sorry to hear you disagree with me. I'm just an honest Christian, trying to spread the word.

The Constitution is second to the Bible in lawfulness? Well, that explains why good Christians would like to get rid of both.

For me to disagree with you, you have to make sense.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
LTN has to be a parody.

LTN has to be a parody. Nobody could possibly be that lacking in common sense, logic and understanding and still be able to function.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Quote:LTN has to be a

Quote:
LTN has to be a parody. Nobody could possibly be that lacking in common sense, logic and understanding and still be able to function.

Matt, you are a smart cookie, sometimes.  A little research dug up a Swedish chemistry student who doesn't like pastors mooching off of state schools.  Why he's decided to troll here, I dunno.

Anyway, good joke, LTN.

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


LoveThyNeighbour
LoveThyNeighbour's picture
Posts: 43
Joined: 2008-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Quote:LTN

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
LTN has to be a parody. Nobody could possibly be that lacking in common sense, logic and understanding and still be able to function.

Matt, you are a smart cookie, sometimes.  A little research dug up a Swedish chemistry student who doesn't like pastors mooching off of state schools.  Why he's decided to troll here, I dunno.

Anyway, good joke, LTN.

 

All right, you've got me. How you could figure out my identity is beyond me.

But I have good reason for being here! Semi-good reason at least.

 

Check out this link: http://www.christiandiscussionforums.org/v/showthread.php?t=137310

Metacrock, who has called all atheists "Demons" and is top two in "Fundies Say The Darnest Things", challenged atheists to go to Rational Response Squad forums.

 

I'm a pretty decent guy, actually. Eye-wink

 

Anyway, I think I prefer the Atheism sub-forum over at CARM more. Atheists are in minority there, which means more debate.

 

I'm an agnostic atheist who thinks you should love your neughbour.


Wonko
Wonko's picture
Posts: 518
Joined: 2008-06-18
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Quote:LTN

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
LTN has to be a parody. Nobody could possibly be that lacking in common sense, logic and understanding and still be able to function.

Matt, you are a smart cookie, sometimes.  A little research dug up a Swedish chemistry student who doesn't like pastors mooching off of state schools.  Why he's decided to troll here, I dunno.

Anyway, good joke, LTN. 

 

I accept people for who they directly represent themselves to be. So, unless I see things like [ sarcasm], [ facetious], [humor ], or some other [____ ] or even a smiley or two, I accept the genuineness with little incertitude.

Shame on me, I suppose.

Then again, it gives me the chance to offer him my a$$hole of the week award.

So Neighbour, wherever thou mayest be:  Asshole

Yeah ya know...  dinosaurically decrepit juvenile jokes are still funny....  sometimes

Clown

And no, admitting to anything doesn't make you a decent guy either. We've no idea who you are, now do we?

 


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Quote:All right, you've got

Quote:
All right, you've got me. How you could figure out my identity is beyond me.

Well, the first thing that tipped me off was that you weren't verbose enough to be a real theist troll.  You were too content to leave it at single sentences.  Actually, that was the biggest tipoff.  I'm a student of human nature, after all.

As for my methods, well... a guy's got to have some secrets.  I also know you have some interest in sports, although I couldn't quite make out what issues you have with training camps.  I don't speak Swedish, after all.

Quote:
I've been making this challenge for several years now and no one has ever taken me up on it. One guy kind of half tried and found I'm right.


go on an atheist message board and tell they you are a christian. kind of half *** pretend to defend it and see how they treat you. No guts HU? no one ever has. but the one time one atheist on carm tried to go no such a board and tell them they are wrong for the way they treated me was sorry he did. they didn't listen to anything he said they told him he's a liar for saying he's an atheist and proceeded to ridicule and mock him.


go try it and see what happens.

That's the challenge he issued.  Out of curiosity, how would you assess your experiment?  Granted, you didn't really give us much to go on -- you were so effective at trolling that you gave yourself away!  But did you find that we were horribly mean, or do you think our reaction was at least trying to be somewhat constructive given how little you gave us to go on?

Quote:
Anyway, I think I prefer the Atheism sub-forum over at CARM more. Atheists are in minority there, which means more debate.

For the most part, I've given up debate, although I still get into what you might call a real debate from time to time here.  RRS is more for atheists, honestly.  If you look on the sidebar, you'll see that I, along with many of the science types around here, spend most of our time trying to teach anyone who will learn.  We're here to provide information for anyone who wants it, and a safe haven for atheists who want to hang out with other atheists.  Sure, we get our rocks off by pummeling the occasional theist.  It's kind of nice to be the majority for once in our lives.

I know things are a bit different in Sweden.  If you've never been to America, you should make the trip sometime.  Atheists are hated, villified, ostracized, and generally hated.  There are some people who post on this board who don't know another atheist in their whole town.  RRS is here largely to make it known to atheists everywhere that it's ok to be an atheist, and there's nothing wrong with being confident about their beliefs.

Anyway, like I said, good joke.  Smiling

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Quote:And no, admitting to

Quote:
And no, admitting to anything doesn't make you a decent guy either. We've no idea who you are, now do we?

I do.

 [EDIT: Actually, no kidding, the internet is a scary place.  I have a picture of him and his full name, and I know which candidate he favors in the U.S. election, his course of study in school.  I also know he meditates.  Isn't that amazing!  I'm not even a computer genius.  If I spent a little more time with the Google Translator (damn neat invention, by the way) I could probably tell you all sorts of stuff about him.  Just goes to show you, make sure you are comfortable with anything you commit to the interwebs.  If a novice like me can find someone in Sweden that easily, think what a real computer person could do.]

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


Wonko
Wonko's picture
Posts: 518
Joined: 2008-06-18
User is offlineOffline
Ok... Mr. Neighbour, have I

Ok... Mr. Neighbour, have I given you enough time yet ???

My last post ( assuming you read it --- actually this is for anyone who read it)

DID YOU BELIEVE EVERYTHING I SAID ???

I thought about being really pissed  without any smileys and not tipping my hat to the fact that I was just playing you and for that matter anyone reading. But that would've been not  nice at all... not very fair either. Rainbowface

Be honest, did anything upset you in any miniscule way when you read that post?

Sorry about that...

NOT !    Lmao

 

 


Wonko
Wonko's picture
Posts: 518
Joined: 2008-06-18
User is offlineOffline
By the by....what happened

By the by....what happened to the OP...

 

COME ON THEISTS, get with it !!!!


LoveThyNeighbour
LoveThyNeighbour's picture
Posts: 43
Joined: 2008-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Wonko wrote:Hambydammit

Wonko wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
LTN has to be a parody. Nobody could possibly be that lacking in common sense, logic and understanding and still be able to function.

Matt, you are a smart cookie, sometimes.  A little research dug up a Swedish chemistry student who doesn't like pastors mooching off of state schools.  Why he's decided to troll here, I dunno.

Anyway, good joke, LTN. 

 

I accept people for who they directly represent themselves to be. So, unless I see things like [ sarcasm], [ facetious], [humor ], or some other [____ ] or even a smiley or two, I accept the genuineness with little incertitude.

Shame on me, I suppose.

Then again, it gives me the chance to offer him my a$$hole of the week award.

So Neighbour, wherever thou mayest be:  Asshole

Yeah ya know...  dinosaurically decrepit juvenile jokes are still funny....  sometimes

Clown

And no, admitting to anything doesn't make you a decent guy either. We've no idea who you are, now do we?

 

Haha, sorry if I was offending you in any way, I didn't mean anything I said.

 

I guess a presentation is in order. I'm a 16-year old boy from Sweden, who is in the first year of "high school". I have quite an interest in religion, society and so on. I like discussing those things, but because my fellow peers doesn't have much interest in it (some don't even know what forums are), and because I have Asperger's Syndrome, I go to Internet forums. Many of the arguments I used here are actually authentic arguments used at CARM, I kinda copied it. Pretending to be a theist is not something I have ever done before, and I assure you I will never do it again.

 

I'm an agnostic atheist who thinks you should love your neughbour.


Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
Posts: 1861
Joined: 2007-08-20
User is offlineOffline
Probably a good idea, unless

Probably a good idea, unless you get better at it.  You're very good at trolling, though.  Put together something like a mock argument next time.  Or, string together everything you wrote here in a form that appears to be an argument.  That might have been more convincing.

You should try sticking around here though.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."


Wonko
Wonko's picture
Posts: 518
Joined: 2008-06-18
User is offlineOffline
LoveThyNeighbour wrote:Haha,

LoveThyNeighbour wrote:

Haha, sorry if I was offending you in any way, I didn't mean anything I said.

 

I guess a presentation is in order. I'm a 16-year old boy from Sweden, who is in the first year of "high school". I have quite an interest in religion, society and so on. I like discussing those things, but because my fellow peers doesn't have much interest in it (some don't even know what forums are), and because I have Asperger's Syndrome, I go to Internet forums. Many of the arguments I used here are actually authentic arguments used at CARM, I kinda copied it. Pretending to be a theist is not something I have ever done before, and I assure you I will never do it again.

 

 

Read a little further young one.

Specifically. my post # 23


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Another one of us with

Another one of us with Aspergers.... Interesting. Might be more interesting to go one one of their boards and pretend to be like them and see how long it takes them to figure it out...

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Ok... Mr. Neighbour,

Quote:

Ok... Mr. Neighbour, have I given you enough time yet ???

My last post ( assuming you read it --- actually this is for anyone who read it)

DID YOU BELIEVE EVERYTHING I SAID ???

I thought about being really pissed  without any smileys and not tipping my hat to the fact that I was just playing you and for that matter anyone reading. But that would've been not  nice at all... not very fair either. Rainbowface

Be honest, did anything upset you in any miniscule way when you read that post?

Sorry about that...

NOT !    Lmao

Heh.  You have done well with the smileys, grasshopper.  And for what it's worth, your point was well made.  I think in all fairness, we ought to give E (that's his first initial, and I promise it's the last semi-threatening piece of information I'm going to reveal.)  the benefit of the doubt.  He'd never been to RRS before, and he heard a claim about us.  He used the scientific method -- that is, he attempted to replicate the results he had heard by replicating the experiment.  No harm there, I suppose.

It's also an interesting twist for Poe's Law.  I caught him because his humor was distinguishable from a theist's serious nuttery.  Is it possible that Poe's Law needs a correllary?   (God dammit, I have to look that stupid word up every time.  I have no idea why I can't remember how to spell it.)  That is:

Correllary:  Atheists cannot replicate the Poe Effect no matter how hard they try.

 

Oh... and was I serious when I mentioned scary bits of information being leaked?  Or am I just making a joke...

Damn, the internet is a tough place to pull a prank, isn't it?

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I guess a presentation

Quote:
I guess a presentation is in order. I'm a 16-year old boy from Sweden, who is in the first year of "high school".

Welcome.  I never can figure out high school and university and vocational school and all that... I try to just leave it at "student."

Quote:
Many of the arguments I used here are actually authentic arguments used at CARM, I kinda copied it. Pretending to be a theist is not something I have ever done before, and I assure you I will never do it again.

LOL... I think that's a first.  An atheist pretending to be a theist who had to resort to cut and paste because he couldn't replicate the arguments on his own... that's one for the record books.

If you don't get that joke, it's simple.  Many of the theists here cut and paste from other forums and present the arguments as their own.  They don't apparently realize how easy it is to plop a couple of sentences into google and find the original.

Anyway, Thomathy is essentially right.  Theists are more talkative.  You were too precise.  Remember, theists don't actually have good arguments, so they have to use many words to complicate the issue.

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


Wonko
Wonko's picture
Posts: 518
Joined: 2008-06-18
User is offlineOffline
I am going to be 100% honest

I am going to be 100% honest now Neighbour... you should stick around or at least come back to RRS from time to time. I've no doubt we could benefit from and appreciate another youthful voice around here. Also, check out the teen thing (somebody correct me if wrong) I think it's freethinkingteens . com  or something like that. You might enjoy!

[MOD EDIT: Free Thinking Teens ]

 


nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
Posts: 1868
Joined: 2008-01-25
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Matt, you

Hambydammit wrote:

Matt, you are a smart cookie, sometimes.  A little research dug up a Swedish chemistry student who doesn't like pastors mooching off of state schools.  Why he's decided to troll here, I dunno.

Anyway, good joke, LTN.

Hah! I called it earlier, over in the "Faith or belief" or whatever thread. I beat all y'all to figuring out he was a Poe. Nyah, nyah!

LTN: Good job. Your English is excellent, as is your grasp of fundamentalist thinking. (Which is kinda scary, come to think of it.)

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers


Wonko
Wonko's picture
Posts: 518
Joined: 2008-06-18
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:Hah! I

nigelTheBold wrote:

Hah! I called it earlier, over in the "Faith or belief" or whatever thread. I beat all y'all to figuring out he was a Poe. Nyah, nyah!

LTN: Good job. Your English is excellent, as is your grasp of fundamentalist thinking. (Which is kinda scary, come to think of it.)

Yeah Nigel, now this is funny. I was just reading the OP and the first post Neighbour made and was thinking to myself, I wonder if this guy is for real ?

At about that same moment I refreshed the page and saw your "new"post (#3) and decided to respond thinking (again!) about Poe's Law.

OOPS edit: I ended up getting delayed by my puppy who had a small emergency I had to attend to and so I eventually did post but it was later.


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5492
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
I wonder what kind of dirt

I wonder what kind of dirt Hamby managed to dig up on me?

 

 


Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
Posts: 1130
Joined: 2007-11-06
User is offlineOffline
I so called it on

I so called it on LTN..nevertheless I was wondering for awhile there! Nice to have you around I'm sad to say your impression wasn't unlike actual christians I know.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I wonder what kind of

Quote:
I wonder what kind of dirt Hamby managed to dig up on me?

You'll be happy to know that I've not bothered to look.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:I wonder

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

I wonder what kind of dirt Hamby managed to dig up on me?

 

 

You're canadian. Isn't that enough?

lol.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
Quote:You're canadian. Isn't

Quote:

You're canadian. Isn't that enough?

Hey! I'm Canadian.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


A Devout Christian
Posts: 11
Joined: 2008-10-25
User is offlineOffline
 God isn't a candidate.

 God isn't a candidate.


BMcD
Posts: 777
Joined: 2006-12-20
User is offlineOffline
Doesn't prevent write-ins.

Doesn't prevent write-ins.


aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
Posts: 1923
Joined: 2006-09-12
User is offlineOffline
A Devout Christian

A Devout Christian wrote:

 God isn't a candidate.

 

Who?


BMcD
Posts: 777
Joined: 2006-12-20
User is offlineOffline
aiia wrote:A Devout

aiia wrote:

A Devout Christian wrote:

 God isn't a candidate.

 

Who?

God. He's a character in all those sunday morning shows... like writing in Randee of the Redwoods, from MTV in the '80s, remember?

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
BMcD wrote:God. He's a

BMcD wrote:

God. He's a character in all those sunday morning shows... like writing in Randee of the Redwoods, from MTV in the '80s, remember?

 

I remember, but I wasn't old enough to vote until '92.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team