Human aura

Waiting for Oblivion
Waiting for Oblivion's picture
User is offlineOffline
Human aura

Yesterday, I was discusing with my father and a friend about the suposed photos taken with that show an aura around the human body, which I accepted that they are real for the sake of the discussion.

When I said that they are probably somekind of electromagnetic field, he told me that in the photos of amputies, the aura of the severed limp still exists, so that takes out the posibility of a field, and somehow proves the existance of an "astral body".

I found today that this is called Kirlian photography ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirlian_photography ) and that the camera ionizes the ambient moisture in the body, producing an aura of low temperature plasma. The equipment itself creates the aura that it captures on film ( es.answers.yahoo.com/question/index ) but those still doesnt disprove or explain the case with amputies, so if you can help me find an explenation of this or negative evidence I'll be really gratefull.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
If I remember, there are

If I remember, there are objections to such a cases of Kirlian's photography, based on a claim that the researchers used the same equipment shortly after. I mean, they photographed the leaf, cut a piece of it, they put it on the same place (where there was an imprinted moisture of the whole leaf ) and voila, there was also a remainder of the original leaf shape.
But I don't think that researchers would make such a stupid mistake. I certainly would wipe the surface by a towel between the experiments.

Furthermore, seeing the aura, as it is outlined by Kirlian's photography, is not the astral body at all. Astral body is way too distant from almost all contemporary technologic attempts to influence it. For now. Dude, you're skipping whole paradigm shifts. What you search for, is etheric body, or so-called vital body, which is physical, though finer than the solid material body. Astral body is said to be able to leave the body and travel around (this is where the legendary band Astral Projection has its name  ) but etheric is pretty dense compared to that, doesn't move anywhere, and dies with cellular death.

The etheric body is the most dense and most easily visible part of aura. It is, what people sees first, when they train to see the aura. I'm not sure if Kirlian's photography really displays it, but it outlines it's shape and size quite well. I know that, because I have the rather common ability to use this lowest part of aura for the touch, so I'm completely convinced about it's existence every day of my life. Anyone would be.
As far as I know, seeing the next, greater layer of aura, the mysterious "astral body" is very rare, and not really necessary for next 30 years at least. Our most bold technologic and scientific hopes should aspire to discover the etheric matter and etheric layer of our body. This promises almost unimaginable new technologic possibilities, because this kind of finer-than-solid matter has very exotic properties. I think this area of research should be purged of pseudoscientific label and researched by really interested people.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kirilian photograms are made

Kirilian photograms are made by hooking up the subject to a high-voltage, low-current electrical source. That produces a coronal effect, similar to a van der graaf machine. There is nothing special about it, except the really cool-looking photograms.

As for the "phantom limb" effect, that is the result of exactly one photo session, with a leaf, which has never been repeated under controlled conditions. There is no case in which a "phantom limb" has been captured on film. So, simply ask your father or friend (whichever made the claim) to produce the photograms in question.

Luminon was correct the "moisture" explanation. See here: https://webspace.utexas.edu/cokerwr/www/index.html/kirlian.shtml.

Anyway, it's all bunkum.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
I blieve experiments were

I blieve experiments were done with people standing behind a barrier just tall enough so they could not be seen from the other side, and people claiming to be able to 'see' auras failed miserably to be able to detect where the people were.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
User is offlineOffline
I personally see a field

I personally see a field around objects, I have no idea what it is, my guess is that it something similar to an optical illusion of color change or color interpolation.  It never has any distinct color just a bit brighter than that which is around it. 

Kind of like

FIXED LINK

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
There is also a neurological

There is also a neurological disorder called Synesthesia, which causes the person to "see sounds" and "hear colors."  Basically, the wiring for processing sensory input is crossed up.  Actually, I think someone on the boards has it... maybe Jacob Cordingley, if memory serves?  Anyway, it's not particularly uncommon, and could very well explain some of the instances of people seeing auras.

The photo stuff is indeed total bupkus.  There's never been a controlled experiment in with a positive result, and it is easily duplicated with some fancy equipment, as described above.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Magus wrote:I personally see

Magus wrote:

I personally see a field around objects, I have no idea what it is, my guess is that it something similar to an optical illusion of color change or color interpolation.  It never has any distinct color just a bit brighter than that which is around it. 

Kind of like

FIXED LINK

Yeah, this could be like what people sees, when they try the exercises to see the aura. (Google's full of them) I saw such an effect once or twice around trees, but it was several years ago. If you see it permanently, in various circumstances, then it's probably not an optic illusion. But to tell exactly, you could try some aura vision exercises, and if it will improve (colors?), then it's something useful.

Do you see it the same around living and non-living objects? Do you see it permanently, or just sometimes, or can you switch it on and off?
I'm sorry if I'm too nosy, but in this year I had some success in training myself and I'm even more sure that this the part of an upcoming paradigm shift, which will transform all aspects of our lives. It's gonna be big, man. If I can help to get a scientists on the right track, so be it.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:I'm even more

Luminon wrote:
I'm even more sure that this the part of an upcoming paradigm shift, which will transform all aspects of our lives. It's gonna be big, man. If I can help to get a scientists on the right track, so be it.

Oh boy.  I know you know I'm not going to accept this, but I really am curious.  This is a new tinfoil hatter theory to me.  What, exactly, could seeing colors around objects do to revolutionize all aspects of our lives?  That's really saying a lot.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I'm certain every scientist

I'm certain every scientist in the world will be all ears for a "theory" about auras by one who believes in past life regression and homeopathy. Surely they won't laugh.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
  .... "see sounds" and

.... "see sounds" and "hear colors." ~ Hamby ..... Yep, done that on LSD, the pure legal shit, yrs ago. I never did come completely down, as the blinders never came back. Thanks pure LSD, which I never did again. 

CAUTION, I do recommend a pure reasoned clinical LSD trip with caring sober knowledgeable friends, BUT, because you might think you can fly, and kill yourself, do it right or not at all .... I just lucked out, WOW .... the mind is chemical !!!  I am high 24 / 7 .... I am chemical !!! Wow LSD , thanks ....   

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Luminon

Hambydammit wrote:

Luminon wrote:
I'm even more sure that this the part of an upcoming paradigm shift, which will transform all aspects of our lives. It's gonna be big, man. If I can help to get a scientists on the right track, so be it.

Oh boy.  I know you know I'm not going to accept this, but I really am curious.  This is a new tinfoil hatter theory to me.  What, exactly, could seeing colors around objects do to revolutionize all aspects of our lives?  That's really saying a lot.

Such a people, who sees the aura quite well, will be very useful for making a medical diagnosis. They should be able to see any problems with the body, even those not fully developed yet. Such a P.E.T. or X-ray man at a clinic would be a good job for people with aura vision.
But the greatest benefit will be, when scientists really starts to study this. They will eventually manage to develop a real device for displaying the aura, and they will discover the etheric matter, of which the lowest aura consists. For me, the etheric matter is tangible only in a form of an invisible fluffy plasticine hovering around, which is fun to play with, (maybe it's ectoplasm???) and with which can be done some interesting tricks. But I'm not a scientist, I'm just an amateur. Even the most clairvoyant people has just a superficial understanding of what they see, because they can't make any technology of it. The real scientists will use this kind of matter for a brand new direction of technical development, comparable to a discovery of electricity. What you're asking, is like "What is the electricity good for?"
But some specific benefits are like quick growing of substitutive organs, deep space exploration, free energy, seeing into people's mentality (which will help to choose only the really wise candidates at the elections), renewal of ecologic balance, and so on. Until then, humanity was young, and the crises we have now, are crises of maturing. Eventually, the humanity will grow up, and will surpass most of the boldest sci-fi stories.
The technology of etheric matter is the first step to discover who and what we really are, and what is an ideal plan for us to live. No longer there will be need or excuse to speculate about philosophical or religional answers for that, good or bad, because the real answers will be scientifically proven. Science will defeat the ignorance and religion at it's own field, formerly called "metaphysics", but newly it's vast playground. Scientists just have to realize, that this is not a fiction, but a another kind of physicality, another whole level of the world to understand.

Waiting for Oblivion
Waiting for Oblivion's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks people, your replies

Thanks people, your replies are really helpful, although I put the topic in freethinking anonymous so I wouldn't get the replies that talk about the supernatural that Luminon posted, some parts of his posts have been usefull. So, thanks again.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Such a people, who

Quote:
Such a people, who sees the aura quite well, will be very useful for making a medical diagnosis.

So... um... auras are made of magic energy that is color coded to correspond to various states of sickness or health.  Magenta for breast cancer and fuscia for herpes.  I admit, it would certainly make it easier to troll the bar for hookups...

I'm not interested in knowing, but it certainly does pop into my brain that biologists can explain pretty much the entirety of energy use and production in cells, so I'm really a little baffled as to why this mystery energy doesn't contribute anything of note to cellular biology and is still such a great indicator of very precise medical conditions.

Quote:
Even the most clairvoyant people has just a superficial understanding of what they see, because they can't make any technology of it.

And yet, you magically know all about this stuff.  Fascinating.

Quote:
What you're asking, is like "What is the electricity good for?"

No... I know what electricity is.  I have no idea what aura energy is.  Without knowing what it is, I couldn't possibly know what it's good for.

Quote:
But some specific benefits are like quick growing of substitutive organs, deep space exploration, free energy, seeing into people's mentality (which will help to choose only the really wise candidates at the elections), renewal of ecologic balance, and so on. Until then, humanity was young, and the crises we have now, are crises of maturing. Eventually, the humanity will grow up, and will surpass most of the boldest sci-fi stories.

Fascinating.

Quote:
The technology of etheric matter is the first step to discover who and what we really are, and what is an ideal plan for us to live. No longer there will be need or excuse to speculate about philosophical or religional answers for that, good or bad, because the real answers will be scientifically proven. Science will defeat the ignorance and religion at it's own field, formerly called "metaphysics", but newly it's vast playground. Scientists just have to realize, that this is not a fiction, but a another kind of physicality, another whole level of the world to understand.

Thanks.  I am truly baffled by the extraordinary understanding you have of something you admit you don't know anything about.  Do let me know when you find this in a real science journal.

Books about atheism

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Quote:Such

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
Such a people, who sees the aura quite well, will be very useful for making a medical diagnosis.

So... um... auras are made of magic energy that is color coded to correspond to various states of sickness or health.  Magenta for breast cancer and fuscia for herpes.  I admit, it would certainly make it easier to troll the bar for hookups...

I'm not interested in knowing, but it certainly does pop into my brain that biologists can explain pretty much the entirety of energy use and production in cells, so I'm really a little baffled as to why this mystery energy doesn't contribute anything of note to cellular biology and is still such a great indicator of very precise medical conditions.

Alzheimer's disease is such an example where biologists could use the knowledge of so-called "mysterious energies", which are not so mysterious for people like me, who can work with them.
Furthermore, the occurence of various nutcases worldwidely rapidly increases, and so scientists will get interested in studying a causes of their lunacy, which will be fascinating and will bring a technologic revolution.

Hambydammit wrote:
Quote:
Even the most clairvoyant people has just a superficial understanding of what they see, because they can't make any technology of it.
And yet, you magically know all about this stuff.  Fascinating.

Quote:
What you're asking, is like "What is the electricity good for?"

No... I know what electricity is.  I have no idea what aura energy is.  Without knowing what it is, I couldn't possibly know what it's good for.

Don't exaggerate. Please see the difference between superficial, and deep scientific understanding. This superficial knowledge is behavioristic, it says a lot about how it works, what it does, and how to use it in practice. The scientific understanding needs the phenomenon mathemathically described, and known into details, which are unnecessary for the amateurs. Scientific inquiry also can find a way how to employ these principles in form of solid, tangible technology, based on complicated mathemathics and rare materials. Amateurs can use only their body and maybe a few other simple tools to work, and so their knowledge is limited to them, but a scientific understanding can spread the new technologic standard worldwidely.

Hambydammit wrote:
  Thanks.  I am truly baffled by the extraordinary understanding you have of something you admit you don't know anything about. 

Again, don't exaggerate please. I certainly know something, because I live with some phenomena every day of my life, so I can try some experiments, but my possibilities are limited. Amateur's brain language doesn't speak in equations or chemical elements. I need someone else who does. Such a person will in the beginning inevitably know much less than I do, but by a scientific study will eventually know much more than me about the subject. It's unfortunate that scientists' interest is still minimal, but it's them who will really change the world and find the truths better than amateurs themselves could for, millenia of primitive shamanism.

Hambydammit wrote:
Do let me know when you find this in a real science journal.

I will certainly let you know, if you will be somewhere around, but this might take decades untill full acknowledgement. Until then, I will try to give a testimony about such things, gather facts, etc. For this research, the most basic thing is a human body and mind, this is why there always were less or more primitive people who spoke things about invisible world(s) around us. But they were only amateurs, and their intellectual mind was weak, this is why they remained primitive. The intellect is so powerful, that if someone manages to give it the needed direction, it will uncover and physically employ a basis of so-called "supernatural" stuff. This is how it should be done, it is, after all, a form of matter and technology based on it. Stuff like spiritism, mediumship or shamanism is a primitive, perverted relationship with of what we should be masters, not servants.

Btw, how do you mean it, magic or supernatural? Either something was observed, so it's natural, or it wasn't yet observed, or it was, but primitive people made up a lot of claptrap about it, and then it's maybe supernatural.
If you mean it as purely derogatory, well, I'm deadly serious, and I know you can write much better than that. It will probably need some visionary, who can cut the crap off it and then translate the claptrap as you would say, into a form comprehensible to intelligent, but not very communicative scientists.
For example, here's another amateurish attempt to reconcile the etheric matter with the model of universe. Hopefully some more sophisticated models will be enough for the scientists to start thinking in this direction. I doubt I will be able to follow their thoughts, but I'll try to help as I can.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Luminon

Hambydammit wrote:

Luminon wrote:

Hamby, was one of those few hippies that never did drugs... ever

What Would Kharn Do?

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Hamby, was one of

Quote:

Actually, I'm not old enough to be a real hippie, and I've never done LSD.  That's all I'm sayin'.

Books about atheism

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Actually... I will say one

Actually... I will say one more thing.  I am in the curious position of agreeing with hippies about a lot of issues -- environmentalism, drug legalization, ending the demonization of sexuality, not solving problems with violence, etc, etc.  The thing is, I fucking hate pachouli, incense, and the smell of hairy female armpits.  I'm kind of like a bizarro anti-hippy.

Books about atheism

Kavis
atheist
Kavis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit

Hambydammit wrote:

Actually... I will say one more thing.  I am in the curious position of agreeing with hippies about a lot of issues -- environmentalism, drug legalization, ending the demonization of sexuality, not solving problems with violence, etc, etc.  The thing is, I fucking hate pachouli, incense, and the smell of hairy female armpits.  I'm kind of like a bizarro anti-hippy.

Anti-hippy? Whatever you do, then, don't go to Haight-Ashbury. You might level half of San Francisco by accidentally brushing up against a hippy.

Religion is a virus.
Fight the infection.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:Hamby,

The Doomed Soul wrote:
Really? Well, maybe he should, it could make him understand me more
Of course, drugs damages the mind, they wrap away the isolant of sanity off the wire of consciousness. But for a strictly materialistic person, one or two trip sessions would be surely a valuable experience.

It seems that William Tiller is on a good track, as for the topic of etheric stuff. (I hope he'll live long enough to make some results, but I know, it's all mainly a preparatory work) Of course, he's a controversial man to most of people around here, so I've searched for some dirt on him, to be informed. For example, some his confrontation with J. Randi, but I found nothing so far. This guy appeared in the WTFDWK film, but that's surely not everything on him what Randi found undesirable, because he got some award for 'the most sily statement' or something like that. Dunno, really, Google failed here.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Anti-hippy? Whatever

Quote:
Anti-hippy? Whatever you do, then, don't go to Haight-Ashbury. You might level half of San Francisco by accidentally brushing up against a hippy.

I got trapped in a crowd at a hippy jam fest one time.  It was all I could do to keep from taking out half of Arkansas.  Then again... it might have been worth the sacrifice...

Books about atheism

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
amputated limbs

Let me for the moment continue your assumption that they are real and in fact on can get an image of an amputated limb. If that it true then "astral body" introduced unnecessary mysticism into the discussion. If it is true it shows there is a natural phenomenon involved which is amenable to scientific study.

That said many years ago I read an article which included pictures of the phantom limbs. Although they were all supposed to be of a hand, only one looked vaguely like a hand. Even assuming the author/"photographer" was being honest there was no mention of precautions not to touch the set up before photographing, i.e. they were images of skin oil left behind as in fingerprints.

The set up for doing this is so bloody simple that you can rest assured dozens, maybe hundreds, of real scientists tried it but nothing has been reported in the literature.

Before continuing the conversation with him, get some of the pictures he is talking about. There is also one interesting question, how does a person put an amputated limb on a photographic plate? "Stop twiddling your fingers or you'll blur the picture."

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
luminon wrote: Hopefully

luminon wrote:

Hopefully some more sophisticated models will be enough for the scientists to start thinking in this direction. I doubt I will be able to follow their thoughts, but I'll try to help as I can.

Your doubts are well founded luminon. To help, by the way, all you need to do is stop presenting claptrap as theory, shut up, and learn how scientific theory works before you open your mouth again on any subject except your ego.

Well, just start learning, in fact. What you think of as learning now is something else entirely.

Been off the boards for a while but I see on returning that nothing much has changed. The "rational" board still allows for nutcases to interrupt logical discussion and divert threads into "discussions" revolving about their own stupidity instead of the OP's topic.

Shame.

I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nordmann wrote:luminon

Nordmann wrote:
luminon wrote:
Hopefully some more sophisticated models will be enough for the scientists to start thinking in this direction. I doubt I will be able to follow their thoughts, but I'll try to help as I can.

Your doubts are well founded luminon. To help, by the way, all you need to do is stop presenting claptrap as theory, shut up, and learn how scientific theory works before you open your mouth again on any subject except your ego. 

I feel obliged to show scientists the little details of nature they probably missed in pursuit of exotic particles. They may be great minds, and yet they omitted something, which is so obvious and common for me, and which is now missing in our worldview, to the loss of us all.

Nordmann wrote:
Well, just start learning, in fact. What you think of as learning now is something else entirely.
What I could possibly learn, which would change my mind, which would make my lifetime physical observations incorrect? I will learn, when others will learn from people like me, and will bring this knowledge much further than I could. Until then, I'll probably study psychology somewhere.

Nordmann wrote:
Been off the boards for a while but I see on returning that nothing much has changed. The "rational" board still allows for nutcases to interrupt logical discussion and divert threads into "discussions" revolving about their own stupidity instead of the OP's topic.

Shame.

Logical discussion, or exercise in tautology? Such a "discussion" of homogenous opinions is nothing but hiding from the world. Btw, every new idea will have to overcome a resistence, no matter how enlightened and open-minded you think the science is. The idea of self-correcting science is good, but utopic.

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
See what I mean? All I've

See what I mean?

All I've ever learnt from you is that fools rarely have the ability to recognise this fact and frequently confuse their foolish assertions with proof, their convoluted assaults on words and their meaning with intelligence, their dangerously inflated sense of their own abilities with how others perceive them, and their delusions with truth.

Oh, and they haven't the manners to know when they're being told they're unwelcome intruding in other people's attempts at conducting rational conversation.

Actually I didn't strictly learn all this from you at all, it's something I learnt long ago. You simply operate as evidence that this is, sadly, fact. 

I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tautology

Tautology can refer to:

Thanks ALL you RRS dedicated debaters .... get it on!

Yo Luminon, thanks for the link,  "Special report: How our economy is killing the Earth." 

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/opinion/mg20026786.000-special-report-how-the-economy-is-killing-the-earth.html

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nordmann wrote:See what I

Nordmann wrote:

See what I mean?
All I've ever learnt from you is that fools rarely have the ability to recognise this fact and frequently confuse their foolish assertions with proof, their convoluted assaults on words and their meaning with intelligence, their dangerously inflated sense of their own abilities with how others perceive them, and their delusions with truth.

The funny thing is, that you can't differ between a fool and a defender of real, but not evident truth. From outer appearance, there is no difference. There were even more foolish things said, like that people will fly, travel to the moon or speak together on great distances. And so there were rational people who opposed these things, because it contradicted everything they knew. How can you prove, that you're any different from those short-sighted antivisionaries? 

Nordmann wrote:
Oh, and they haven't the manners to know when they're being told they're unwelcome intruding in other people's attempts at conducting rational conversation.
You're accustomed to a certain standards, which then requires a specific, optimal form of conversation. But the area of metaphysics is still unresearched by science, this means we lack a fundamental mind tools we otherwise have in areas researched by science. This lack of tools (like a peer review, universally valid laws, etc...) must be taken into account, otherwise the conversation is irrational. It's irrational to demand an universal evidence, when you very well know, that there aren't any. Universal evidence is a luxury, a thing which appears in final stages of research, but here, the research didn't even begin yet. (officially) So don't be like a spoiled child, demanding what you can't yet have. To begin, the research needs a preparatory work, and also a lot of good will.
I proposed a principles of optimal, thus truly rational conversation on this kind of topics  here.

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

Yo Luminon, thanks for the link,  "Special report: How our economy is killing the Earth." 

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/opinion/mg20026786.000-special-report-how-the-economy-is-killing-the-earth.html

No problem, this is what the world should realize long ago, but finally I found it backupped by a scientist, so I hope in more attention for that truth. Suddenly, this idea is not an utopia or communism, but an inevitable and necessary transformation of economy on a non-growth regime. But as you see, our politics rather throws away hundeds of milliards of dollars and euro to save this dead system, while these money could already permanently solve some of global problems. From that is obvious how human lives are worthy to them. Good old Kali goddess with her human sacrifices is almost a philanthropist, compared to the evil cult of money worshipping, which deliberately lets 2 milliards of people to starve.

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:How can you

Luminon wrote:

How can you prove, that you're any different from those short-sighted antivisionaries? 

No, Luminon, it is up to you to produce evidence that shows us that we were short sighted. Until you do that, we are justified in not believing you. You seem to often pretend as though we are on the verge of having science accept all of your fraudulent claims. As though in the next few decades the standards of evidence in science will sink so low that your beliefs will be able slip by. I sincerely doubt this is the case. If you want your beliefs accepted you will need to not count on some future date in which scientists accept your claims. Produce the evidence now if you want that day to ever happen.

So come on Luminon, prove to us that we are as short sighted as those who thought we would never fly. Or accept your position alongside people who believe in reptilian overlords, creationists and ghost hunters.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India