Would anyone like to make $7.5 trillion...

MichaelMcF
Science Freak
MichaelMcF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Would anyone like to make $7.5 trillion...

... or £4.4 billion in real money?

It would seem that Adnan Oktar, author of the Atlas of Creation, is offering that sum of money to anyone capable of providing evidence of a transitional fossil.

M

Forget Jesus, the stars died so that you could be here
- Lawrence Krauss

MichaelMcF
Science Freak
MichaelMcF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sorry, that should be £4.4

Sorry, that should be £4.4 trillion

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've got one.  Do I

I've got one.  Do I win?

(psst... nobody tell him that every fossil is a transitional fossil... he's going to be hurting when he has to pay out for every fossil on earth.)

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I'm guessing he's going to

I'm guessing he's going to set the definition so it's impossible to do. Not only that, but where is he going to get 7.5 TRILLION dollars? The 2 richest men in the world, Warren Buffet and Bill Gates have an estimated wealth of $62 billion and $58 billion respectively. So where is he going to get more than 6 times their combined wealth? Somehow I doubt either of them would contribute.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
the hovid contest

Yes the contest will be rigged so he doesn't have to pay and the defintion of transitional fossils will be changed everytime.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Yes the contest will

Quote:
Yes the contest will be rigged so he doesn't have to pay and the defintion of transitional fossils will be changed everytime.

Of course.  Seems like we've seen this before somewhere.  By the way, wasn't there a prize for proof that one species had turned into another?  We have that now.  Who gets the money?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Here's where the test is

Here's where the test is rigged - "He said: "Not one [fossil] belongs to strange-looking creatures in the course of development of the kind supposed by evolutionists.""

He's looking for a crocoduck.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
The particularly funny thing

The particularly funny thing is that "evolutionists" don't "suppose" that it happens the way he supposes that they suppose.

Books about atheism

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I can do a lot better than a

I can do a lot better than a transitional fossil. I offer myself, a living example. Suck on that asswipe.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
 GG kk thx. Money @ now.

GG kk thx.

Money @ now.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Mr Dawkins had written

Quote:
Mr Dawkins had written of Mr Oktar's book: "I am at a loss to reconcile the expensive and glossy production values of this book with the breathtaking inanity of the content."

Oh.

Oh dear.

This is the same fellow who distributed that gorgeous photograph book which featured fishing lures as insects and sea snakes as eels.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
By the way, I am amassing a

By the way, I am amassing a collection of this fine publication.  I only have two so far, but I'd like to get as many as possible.  I haven't decided what kind of spectacle I can create with them, but rest assured, I'll think of something...

Anyway, if anyone has one they wish to donate to a good cause (namely, me) just let me know and we'll work out the details.

kkthx

Books about atheism

MichaelMcF
Science Freak
MichaelMcF's picture
User is offlineOffline
You can have mine

Hey Hamby,

I've not finished reading my copy yet but you can feel free to have it when I'm done Eye-wink

M

Forget Jesus, the stars died so that you could be here
- Lawrence Krauss