u guys r probably fags [YOU RESPOND]

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
u guys r probably fags [YOU RESPOND]

Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2008 12:30 AM
Subject: [General Question] atheism

billie sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

u guys r probably fags who believe in trees and saving whales.
lets get it straight: humans are just smart animals.nothing more. fighting
over whether there is god or not is stupid.  you are all fags.

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
U r kewl

U r kewl

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Fuck you, I do not believe

Fuck you, I do not believe in trees!!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I actually agree with one

I actually agree with one thing this moron said - humans are just smart animals. I certainly do believe that trees exist, since I have a few in my yard. Is there a reason such an utterly moronic e mail was even posted here?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah... man... what

Yeah... man... what losers... the planet will be so interesting once there are no more whales.  Fuck the whales, man!  I can pack that fucking santorum in so much tighter once those fucking trees and whales are gone... Global warming just means more hottie-fo-fottie man whores will be takin' their clothes off!

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Since a lot of factions in

Since a lot of factions in the mideast are fighting over god, you should go into Iran or Iraq and tell a group of guys in beards and turbans they're all a bunch of fags. Actually, why don't you just save a trip and say it to some guys in a redneck bar or a bunch of them with beards and Hell's Angels jackets.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Get s job, fountainhead. 

Get a job, fountainhead.

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote:Get a job,

magilum wrote:

Get a job, fountainhead.

Should be easy, just a bit of luck is all it should take.

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
wow

In this age calling someone a fag is still considered an insult how sad.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Renee Obsidianwords

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:

magilum wrote:

Get a job, fountainhead.

Should be easy, just a bit of luck is all it should take.

Floors don't sweep themselves. Just sayin'.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

Ya got me.  I do believe in trees...oh, the shame!

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
Billie...or do you prefer "nohades4me"?

Anyway:

1. I certainly am gay, and I am not the only one at this website.  However, the majority of folks here (atheist and theist) are straight.

2.  Are you saying that I shouldn't believe in the existence of trees?  That's what you wrote.  Please note: on this website, things like spelling, capitalization, and grammar are well-regarded.  If you did not mean this, then please take the time and trouble to write out what it is that you do mean to say.

3. How is saving whales a bad thing?

4. You also seem to say that human beings are nothing more than smart animals.  Did you really think that atheists here would object to that?  Or were you speaking to the theists?

5. If there is one thing that atheists and theists can agree on, it is this: the argument over the existence of God is not "stupid."  If atheists are right, then religion is an insane con job which soaks people out of their money, liberty, and ability to think straight.  If the theists are right, then every atheist, whether he/she believes it or not, is assisting the cause of evil by casting aspersions on the single most important reality (i.e., God) in all of existence, meanwhile heaping sin upon sin through blasphemy, heresy, and possibly scandal, among others.  Either way you slice this, the argument is anything but stupid; it is of utterly central importance to humanity.

Take my advice: think a little harder, and take a little more time to write next time.

Conor

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aw, what a nice guy!Quote:u

Aw, what a nice guy!

Quote:
u guys r probably fags

Bundles of sticks?

Quote:
who believe in trees and saving whales.

Well, I like trees and whales, and I hope they will always be around. What about you?

Quote:
lets get it straight: humans are just smart animals.nothing more.

Most of us agree. Did you read even just teeny weeny little bit of the stuff on this site?

Quote:
fighting over whether there is god or not is stupid.

Oh, be careful, that's what you're doing right now.

Quote:
you are all fags.

Maybe you need to clarify "fag." 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Wonko
Wonko's picture
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

Quote:
billie sent a message using the contact form:

Quote:

Billie, You seem confused. Please note the two statements you made. Do you see a contradiction in your short but sweet message. Well, have a nice day !

KiwiStu
KiwiStu's picture
User is offlineOffline
hmmmmm

[email protected] wrote:

you are all fags.  

Well there is only one way you can ever know for certain someone's sexuality, and I can't remember laying with and "knowing" you, if you can give me a better idea of the time and place in case i  forgot or was heavily intoxicanted at the time it would be appreciated.

[email protected] wrote:

over whether there is god or not is stupid.

I agree fighting over an imgainary thing is stupid.  why fight for something that is not real.  There is plenty of real things to fight for like whales and trees.

In God I trust, all others bring data
BTW God, I think your excemption expired

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Conor Wilson wrote:Please

Conor Wilson wrote:

Please note: on this website, things like spelling, capitalization, and grammar are well-regarded.

fuck capitalization!

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

I agree that humans are just smart animals, and nothing more. I also agree that fighting over whether or not there is a god is rather stupid. It's really too bad that so many of us smart animals are too stupid to shrug off these beliefs, so that I have to fight with them over something that's so dumb.

Oh, and you're a fag.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wait!  He's partly right. 

Wait!  He's partly right.  I am a fag (definitely, not probably).  Some of us here are.  He just overstated himself.  I, for one, however, do not believe in 'saving'.

(Why is 'fag' supposed to be insulting?)

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh yeah... and one more

Oh yeah... and one more thing...

Books about atheism

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck wrote:In this

latincanuck wrote:

In this age calling someone a fag is still considered an insult how sad.

Yeah people throw around 'gay' and 'fag' all to often. i.e 'That movie/video game/T.V show is gay" or "Only fags do X"

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I always thought a fag was a

I always thought a fag was a smoke and gay meant happy. Go figure. > >

We should revolt against english. Smiling

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's a usage thing, cheeky

It's a usage thing, cheeky monkey.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
When I first saw the South

When I first saw the South Park movie and they did that "Uncle Fucker" song I had to pause it I was laughing so hard and almost falling off my chair.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
So what does someone's

So what does someone's sexuality have to do with your ignorance? You believe in a god, so what, get in line, so do people of other religions.

Someone's gayness has nothing to do with your lack of evidence for the god you claim is real. AND you are a moron because atheists do not agree on all issues all the time.

I garuntee you there are REPUBLICAN voting atheists who think we should "drill babby drill". We are not all the same anymore than all Christians use confessionals for their sexual playground.

I am a bad speller myself, but you make me look like a Harvard Grad. I think you need to stop having your Blackberry Baptized and realize it runs on batteries, not magic.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

And with one eloquent stroke of the keyboard, the RRS lay in ruins, never to be heard from again.......

"The powerful have always created false images of the weak."

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:u guys r probably

Quote:
u guys r probably fags

Well, I'm not gay, personally. But yeah, a few people here are gay.

...Err. That wasn't meant t be an insult, was it? Just FYI: Most gay people don't actually mind being called fags. In fact, much to the chagrin of bigots everywhere, gays have effectively defeated every single derogatory term ever coined for them with a great, unified, 'Eh, sure. Whatever. Imma go fuck my BF now.'

Quote:
who believe in trees and saving whales.

Well, again, I can only speak for myself but... pretty much, yeah. See, there's these people called scientists, and they keep insisting that there's this thing called 'symbiosis', and this other thing called an 'atmosphere', and even this other thing called a 'biosphere'. Apparently, taking all of the whales or trees out of the equation in these areas is what they call 'catastrophic', or 'very bad'; because I listen to what scientists have to say, I'm in favor of preventing the extinction of whales & trees.

Quote:
lets get it straight: humans are just smart animals.nothing more.

Uh. Yeah. Pretty much.

Oh, now I get it! You're a Nietzschian! ...No, wait... Nietzschians can usually spell pretty well...

Quote:
fighting over whether there is god or not is stupid.  you are all fags.

Again, just some of us are fags.

And I couldn't agree more - fighting over the existence or non-existence of imaginary deities is very, apocalyptically, stupid. Now if only we could convince the theists of this...

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Megatron
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

Fuck YOU!  Whales aren't real!

/stupidity

Evolution cannot be debated. 'Tis real.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Fuck you, I do

Sapient wrote:

Now now, we should respect a Detroit fan who's team is 0-16 and still believes they can win the Super Bowl. 

Sapient, you and I have to accept that we are merely a bundle of sticks. Just accept that you live in a flat and eat fish and chips.

Trees are unreal, they produce pesky things like oxygen. I say we cut them all down so we can fill our mail boxes with more junk mail. Well, not all of it is junk, I still like getting the Victoria's Secret catalogue.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Dracos
User is offlineOffline
Trees and fags?

I love trees.  I have an orchard. I got a lot of my food from it last year.  I love whales  When my son was married in 2007 the whole wedding party went whale watching near Seattle.  Homosexuality is uncommon here.  I live way out in the sticks.  I know one queer .  He is not really a bad guy.  You sound really sad, and upset.  Maybe this webisght can help you.  Good Luck!

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Sapient wrote: Fuck you,

Sapient wrote:

Well, if there are no trees then where did the sticks come from? Hah! Run rings around your logic!

Brian37 wrote:
I garuntee you there are REPUBLICAN voting atheists who think we should "drill babby drill". We are not all the same anymore than all Christians use confessionals for their sexual playground.

Not only that but I am also an alternate delegate for my local RTC.

Something else that I don't believe: That the environment of Alaska will be noticeably harmed provided that we use the fairly standard practice known as ice road trucking to move the materials and equipment to ANWR.

Two things that I do believe: That it takes about ten years to develop a working oil field and that the Middle East passed peak oil about three to five years ago.

Something else that I believe: Even assuming the most optimistic projections, we simply will not have a replacement for oil in the time frame needed to avoid having to drill in ANWR.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=