The New Cold War

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
The New Cold War

Am I the only one who sees the Bush administration pushing a new cold war? I haven't seen much talk about the Russia/US conflict here or elsewhere. Are people hiding their heads in the sand in the hopes that cooler heads will prevail? Or is it just a topic that simply hasn't been brought up yet?

If things continue the way they are, it will be the US that finds itself isolated, not Russia. Russia is by far the nation in the right under these circumstances. The missle shield has been proven conclusively, time and time again, to be completely useless for nearly a decade now, yet the idiots keep pushing it anyway. Russia knows full well that the so-called shield cannot work, and must assume there is another purpose for it. The other purpose being the erosion of the Russian powerbase. They will not accept this. They are not the superpower that the USSR was, but they are hardly an Iraq either. Russia is one of 5 nations that could obliterate the US with a gesture. What the hell is going on? Just how brainless is this administration? I thought I knew.....

*Emotions cool.....Rant ends......*

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I haven't actually seen much

I haven't actually seen much on what is happening here.  The media seem to have their heads in the sand in regards to it in this country.  Maybe britney needs to get involved or something, maybe that will get the medias attention and I'll find something out. 

I don't even know what started the issues in Georgia.  If anyone could shed some light on either of these for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Unfortunately, that

Unfortunately, that situation has been considered irrelevant to most media sources in North America for some reason, so I have little light to shed. What I know is that Georgia attempted to invade parts of itself that were not particularly complacent with being Georgian, and the Russians stepped in and kicked Georgia's ass. Which is really nothing particularly different than what's happened with Iraq and Afghanistan with the States(except its a local fight instead of an overseas one), but I'm quite sure many details have been lost on the way to my eyes.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Sleestack
Sleestack's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just remember, it takes two

Just remember, it takes two to dance the game of Cold War.

Personaly, I see no need as to why America would need to put any missiles that close to Russia.

Why the story hasn't gotten more air time. Well, it's already had it's 15 minutes of fame and is no longer 'interesting'. It's all about bail outs now.

These are just my opinions though, based on what I've seen on the news and have read.