I'm convinced. John McCain is not lying.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm convinced. John McCain is not lying.

...Much more grievously, John McCain cannot remember what policies he's been reading / dictating for press conferences, and so says something contradictory when caught in an interview.

Watch his interviews. It's gut-wrenching. He'll be asked a more or less open-ended question about what he said during a press conference, he'll smile and be unable to answer, and then when he's queued by the interviewer with a contradictory answer, he'll answer in the affirmative and offer a short elaboration.

Watch footage and view images of him from as little as six years ago. Fluid movement, very eloquent speech and ready answers - generally sticking to one story / position (even if it wasn't one I agreed with. I really liked McCain around 2000-2002ish). As time has passed, the left side of his face has visibly worsened in it's appearance (his campaign aids have been attempting to mask this with make-up, but it's really starting to lose any effect - around his eye especially), his movement has become much more stiff and his speech has started to become much choppier and much more slurred between words.

Personally, I find it horrifying beyond words that apparently nobody has the spine to approach McCain with this subject in public (it would be very easy to put this fact under a very bright light in front of a camera), and I have nothing but pity for the man himself. Losing your mind I wouldn't wish on the worst of people, and whatever his faults, John certainly wasn't one of those.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
The idea that John McCain

The idea that John McCain may have dementia, worries me, not because it means he'd be a bad President with it so much as the fact that Sarah Palin would be next in line, if he does get wheeled off to an elderly care home.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
You know... it wasn't so

You know... it wasn't so long ago, someone involved in the GWB administration lost a popular election to a dead guy.  Look it up.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote: ...Much

Kevin R Brown wrote:

...Much more grievously, John McCain cannot remember [things]

I've noticed and it is cleverly disguised. Why isn't anyone pointing this out? My hypothesis is that there must be an unspoken media protocol (between the camps) not to mess with each others' boy.

Quote:
As time has passed, the left side of his face has visibly worsened in it's appearance (his campaign ads have been attempting to mask this with make-up, but it's really starting to lose any effect - around his eye especially), his movement has become much more stiff and his speech has started to become much choppier and much more slurred between words.
 Personally, I find it horrifying beyond words that apparently nobody has the spine to approach McCain with this subject in public (it would be very easy to put this fact under a very bright light in front of a camera), and I have nothing but pity for the man himself. Losing your mind I wouldn't wish on the worst of people, and whatever his faults, John certainly wasn't one of those.

It is blatantly obvious, the 1/2 ton unbathed flea infested gorilla with halitosis on the White House steps. Come on news media. Have you no guts to mention this! Also has anyone noticed he talks with his teeth clenched? He looks like a skull with skin. The makeup barely covers the obvious death on a stick appearance.
The man IS DYING! He is probably being injected with performance enhancing drugs just to keep him on his feet. I suspect the attempt to cancel the debate on Friday was because he is totally exhausted.

Jacob Cordingley wrote:

The idea that John McCain may have dementia, worries me, not because it means he'd be a bad President with it so much as the fact that Sarah Palin would be next in line, if he does get wheeled off to an elderly care home.

Palin is being passed off as the answer to the oil crunch. But palin isn't needed to deal with the oil crunch.
She's also being touted as jesus' friend. Goes to show how deluded the majority is.
Palin as president? She'll start WW III out of stupidity.

Hambydammit wrote:

You know... it wasn't so long ago, someone involved in the GWB administration lost a popular election to a dead guy.  Look it up.

yea i looked it up

Gov. Mel Carnahan collected enough votes to beat out incumbent Republican Sen. John Ashcroft for the U.S. Senate seat from Missouri.

The incumbent Ashcroft was running against a dead man who died in a plane crash.

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah... I've pretty much

Yeah... I've pretty much given up hope for America.  The fact that there's ANYBODY in this country who could actually vote for a McCain/Palin ticket scares the shit out of me.   I'm having a very, very hard time coping with the reality that 150 million people or more think that a sportscaster beauty queen is qualified to be the vice president.

I really want to leave this country

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
This seems to be a possibly

This seems to be a possibly spectacular problem. I know that mental conditions being discussed are frowned upon, especially in politics, but if he is not mentally equipped to hold the position, there should be something done about it now. Is there no recourse to take against a running politician that demonstrates an inability to hold office?

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, I would think

Well, I would think everybody voting for the guy that's not senile would be a nice way of handling it, but that seems entirely too rational for America

Books about atheism

Wonko
Wonko's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:This seems to

Vastet wrote:

This seems to be a possibly spectacular problem. I know that mental conditions being discussed are frowned upon, especially in politics, but if he is not mentally equipped to hold the position, there should be something done about it now. Is there no recourse to take against a running politician that demonstrates an inability to hold office?

Not that I can think of. If his current mental state was any more obvious, though, I can't see anyone but the hardcore right sticking with him. If he is elected Prez, one big question is: Will McCains mental condition continue its downward spiral, making him eventually unable to function as a "leader"?

And yeah, like Hamby, I'd often like to leave this country too.

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think perhaps leaving the

I think perhaps leaving the country would be a worse option. The US president has more power over foreign policy than domestic policy, ergo the rest of the world might possibly suffer more as a result.

peterweal
peterweal's picture
User is offlineOffline
Plenty of room for all of

Plenty of room for all of you here in Canada!

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:If he is elected Prez,

Quote:
If he is elected Prez, one big question is: Will McCains mental condition continue its downward spiral, making him eventually unable to function as a "leader"?

It depends on what his condition is. If his body is just plain shutting down because it's reaching the end of it's natural life cycle (John would've had a few years clipped off of it at least when he was captured and torn-up in Vietnam), there is no way to improve it, and it'll only get worse. If it's Alzheimer's, the same is roughly true (unless Alzheimer's Alzheimer's is known to occasionally go into remission?). If it's 'just exhaustion' as somebody tried to pass it off on me today, yes, it'll go away with some rest (though, IMHO, this is simply not the case).

Odds are, yes: Either McCain will reach the point where he can't make any decisions on his own (nevermind big decisions. He's already at that point), or he'll go to bed and not wake up some time in the near future (queue the conspiracy theorist quackery...).

Aiia said it best: The man's dying. This upsets me, personally, because I really, really did like McCain - and though I can't pin every one of his recent blunders or contradictions on this fact, I can certainly argue that most of them (choosing a pretty young girl whom he's never really met as his running mate, and then treating her like he's known her for years; making opposing statements literally within 10-20 minutes of each other, one read from a dictation the other spoken off the top of his head; being unable to correctly recount what exactly he did / was done to him in Vietnam; etc...) are the result of his crumbling mind. If not for this fact, I'm sure that he'd have given Obama a much closer race (in my mind, at least. McCain's position on Iraq would still give Obama a bit of a lead, though).

I think McCain should be pulled from the race, aside from the obvious reasons already named in the thread, for his own well-being.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940