Creationism, ID, theistic evolution...what will they call it next?

Sleestack
Sleestack's picture
User is offlineOffline
Creationism, ID, theistic evolution...what will they call it next?

So I was just thinking (Don't worry, no brain matter leaked out) and was wondering what the creationist lobby will call it next? This came to me because I was thinking about the Wedge strategy and that it wouldn't surprise me at all if we started hearing a new metaphor for creationism. I don't think it will be anything like Devine Construction or anything too obvious. I think it will be more like some sort of mumbo jumbo trying to sound scientific along the lines of Flux Capacitor or something like that.

Anyway, just a little rambling on my part.

No prize will be awarded for the person who guesses correctly other than the personal gratification that you got it right. Smiling

nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Creation Science" (cough)

"Creation Science" (cough) is the popular term for creationism now, I guess.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
If McCain/Palin get into

If McCain/Palin get into office, I fear they will call it "the Law".

Sleestack
Sleestack's picture
User is offlineOffline
nikimoto wrote:"Creation

nikimoto wrote:

"Creation Science" (cough) is the popular term for creationism now, I guess.

To go along with the Creation Science Center I bet.

jcgadfly wrote:

If McCain/Palin get into office, I fear they will call it "the Law".

Which is why they do not get my vote. I hope enough people realize this and do not vote McPalin.

Jimtheevo
User is offlineOffline
I think they would probably

I think they would probably just try the normal first approach of saying Intelligent design louder and slower a few times.

Or perhaps 'directed selection theory'. But of course if by some miracle it was accepted it would have to be called directed selection theory theory... which I'm sure they wouldn't mind as now it sound twice as scientific

logic and reason will tell you can't fly but with faith and belief you can fly as much as you like. Is it any wonder the latter is far more attractive...

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Yep, theists are always

Yep, theists are always trying to defeat Dorathy because she exposed the man behind the curtain.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Wonko
Wonko's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Yep, theists

Brian37 wrote:

Yep, theists are always trying to defeat Dorathy because she exposed the man behind the curtain.

he-he 

to the op: hope they don't try and use (claim) the word rational.

As in rational design.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just ask Luminon what he

Just ask Luminon what he calls it.

Sleestack
Sleestack's picture
User is offlineOffline
thingy wrote:Just ask

thingy wrote:

Just ask Luminon what he calls it.

I imagine it's 'interesting'?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Wonko wrote:Brian37

Wonko wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

he-he 

to the op: hope they don't try and use (claim) the word rational.

As in rational design.

You know what scares me about this species? Most people don't know what the word "theist" means, but are far to ready to condem "atheists". 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ryandinan
User is offlineOffline
How about 'Divine Science';

How about 'Divine Science'; that is, science that has the capability to ignore the laws of the universe in which real science has established them to be.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
ryandinan wrote:How about

ryandinan wrote:

How about 'Divine Science'; that is, science that has the capability to ignore the laws of the universe in which real science has established them to be.

Well it does explain why I suffered acedemically in highschool. When popular media sells antacid with the slogan, "Rolaids spells relief", it is no wonder youth can't spell and believe that ghosts knock up girls and if they blow themselves up they will get 72 virgins.

ROLAIDS SPELLS ROLAIDS! Now here is the burning question humanity should put on the front burner. Why isn't the word "phonetic" spelled "fonetic"? YOU WOULD THINK!

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Since they will want it to

Since they will want it to sound as legitmate and rational as possible they will come up with something like directed propagation.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

Sleestack
Sleestack's picture
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

Since they will want it to sound as legitmate and rational as possible they will come up with something like directed propagation.

Haha. That's a good one!

phooney
phooney's picture
User is offlineOffline
How about shitforbrainsism?

Sleestack
Sleestack's picture
User is offlineOffline
phooney wrote:How about

phooney wrote:

That would be a good one too.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
How 'bout good old fashioned

How 'bout good old fashioned "bullshit? "

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
That's good Matt, but that's

That's good Matt, but that's what i call it now so maybe it will change to Belief of the Fucktards.

How about The Theory of External Spiritual Forces. ( i know lame but eh...)

phooney
phooney's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maybe they'll just tack it

Maybe they'll just tack it on to something that they feel is more universally accepted, and fuck the whole thing up anyway.

"Keplers laws of Planetary motion and directed decendency"

Sleestack
Sleestack's picture
User is offlineOffline
Or they might just try and

Or they might just try and take the whole thing over and just start calling it evolution...

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sleestack wrote:Or they

Sleestack wrote:

Or they might just try and take the whole thing over and just start calling it evolution...

No, there's already something else they call evolution that actually has nothing to do with actual evolution.  It's what they constantly argue against whenever they're trying to build support for creationism.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/