Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
A biologist forced to resign for suggesting creationism be discussed in class

Article Here

Editted topic title for clarity.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I agree it should be

I agree it should be discussed if a student brings it up. By discussed I mean demonstrated why it's bullshit.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

mrjonno
User is offlineOffline
Actually the story is a bit

Actually the story is a bit more complex than nutty christian wants creationism taught in science lessons.

Yes the guy was a christian but he definitely wasnt a creationist (they are still prettty rare for people of any authority in the uk), high level scientists i believe.

He was stupid to start waffling on about respecting students beliefs in school which is wrong but hardly a sackable offence

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
mrjonno wrote:Actually the

mrjonno wrote:

Actually the story is a bit more complex than nutty christian wants creationism taught in science lessons.

Yes it is, and I apologize for creating any misunderstanding. As it happens, I'd only read the first couple lines before posting. After reading the whole article, I attempted to return here and modify my post, but I was severely short on time and the computer wasn't refreshing the site or opening windows fast enough, so I had to leave.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Perhaps you could pm a mod

Perhaps you could pm a mod with some changes to be made so that you title and op aren't so incorrect?  I mean, you're (inadvertently) misrepresenting the teacher and the story.

I don't think the man should have been asked to resign.  It does send the wrong message.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote:Perhaps you

Thomathy wrote:

Perhaps you could pm a mod with some changes to be made so that you title and op aren't so incorrect?  I mean, you're (inadvertently) misrepresenting the teacher and the story.

I don't think the man should have been asked to resign.  It does send the wrong message.

Good point. But I don't need a mod. *Fixes*

Thanks for pointing that out. > >

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm so nice to you, in part,

Eye-wink

I'm so nice to you, in part, because of Squall's picture.

mrjonno
User is offlineOffline
Actually its brought up

Actually its brought up quite a storm in the Royal society (oldest scientific institute in the western world at least) over here, you are getting sciencists saying the guy shouldnt have been hired in the first place that science and being a church minister or even a christian are totally incompatible with science. Why I totally agree with this its generally rare that most scientists are publically open about this

trubeliever
Theist
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:I agree it

MattShizzle wrote:

I agree it should be discussed if a student brings it up. By discussed I mean demonstrated why it's bullshit.

interesting...