Hooray for Matt Damon

AmericanIdle
User is offlineOffline
Hooray for Matt Damon

Matt Damon has spoken out in an interview on Sarah Palin:

Synopsis:  He finds the idea of her as a possible President -"terrifying".  He thinks she seriously lacks experience for the job and was selected merely for votes w little to no consideration as to her ability (or lack thereof).  

He also finds her stances on censorship and creationism frightening and here's the quote of the week:

"I need to know if she thinks dinosaurs were here (on earth) 4,000 years ago, I really do - because she's gonna have the nuclear codes."

Fox Noise and the Boston Herald are already mocking him for speaking out, most are trying to label him as a "leftie" or laughing that he's just an "actor" and who cares what they think (cough! Ronald Reagan,  Arnold Schwarzenegger...at least Damon can act).

I don't really care.  I think it takes a whole lot of guts to speak the truth, especially when you know you're going to take heat for it.

I wish there were more "celebrities" just like him.

www.youtube.com/watch

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
User is offlineOffline
Matt Damon on Sarah Palin

Matt Damon on Sarah Palin (interview clip):

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well at least she may be

Well at least she may be able to pronounce nuclear as opposed to the current douche in office. That being said, anyone that believes dinosaurs died out during noah's flood does not need the keys to the most destructive weapons on Earth. Anyone with half a brain should find her backwards views terrifying.

Ok, so she only tried to ban one book in the library. In our type of government this is one too many. If you do not believe in the freedom of speech for those you do not agree with then this freedom means nothing. If she would ever come out and talk to the people with her handlers maybe we could clear some of these issues up, but until she's been indoctrinated by Rove we'll just have to wait.

Yes, he is only an actor, but he seems reasonably intelligent. Any famous person, actor or not, has more of an open forum to espouse their ideas than the average person. That's the price to pay for speaking out nowadays. The media attempts to use cognitive dissonance to cowtow anyone with dissenting viewpoints.

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
 .... and atheist jesus

.... and atheist jesus wept, as I do .... I will die embarrassed ... that is a given.

To be young again, to be revolution. Wish I'd known back then ....

Wonko
Wonko's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Well at least she may

Quote:
Well at least she may be able to pronounce nuclear as opposed to the current douche in office.

Ahhh, but will she know what tribal sovereignty is or where the Iraq is located???

Older clip, but still funny and scary too !

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
When Palin was being

When Palin was being interviewed by Charlie Gibson I thought I caught a bit of Miss South Carolina in Palin's response.  Gibson asked her about the Bush doctrine (the one about pre-emptive strikes).  She gave the deer in the headlights look then responded with the prepared avoidance BS.  Charlie bailed her out by telling her what the doctrine is but after she gave some unrelated BS.

Oh damn, Miss South Carolina is on the ticket.

stillmatic
stillmatic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Matt Damon on Palin

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." -- former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wonko wrote:Quote:Well at

Wonko wrote:

Quote:
Well at least she may be able to pronounce nuclear as opposed to the current douche in office.

Ahhh, but will she know what tribal sovereignty is or where the Iraq is located???

Older clip, but still funny and scary too !

I almost forgot about those classic "bushisms".

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Matt Damon is not just an

Matt Damon is not just an actor, he's also a writer, and in my opinion a rather good one. Contrary to Team America World Police, he actually seems quite intelligent. I also don't see how being called a "leftie" is an insult. I'm a leftie and I'm fucking proud off it.

Wonko
Wonko's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jacob Cordingley wrote:Matt

Jacob Cordingley wrote:

Matt Damon is not just an actor, he's also a writer, and in my opinion a rather good one. Contrary to Team America World Police, he actually seems quite intelligent. I also don't see how being called a "leftie" is an insult. I'm a leftie and I'm fucking proud off it.

Yeah, not only is Damon a gifted actor and writer, he's also said to be far more levelheaded than the average in Hollywood and not as interested in the trappings of fame and fortune. Nothing wrong with being down-to-earth.

phooney
phooney's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well done, Matt Damon.I

Well done, Matt Damon.

I still want the Team America World Police "Matt Damon" as my text message sound though.

What sort of stuff does he write, Jason Bourne fan fiction? Smiling

peterweal
peterweal's picture
User is offlineOffline
phooney wrote:Well done,

phooney wrote:

Well done, Matt Damon.

I still want the Team America World Police "Matt Damon" as my text message sound though.

What sort of stuff does he write, Jason Bourne fan fiction? Smiling

He co-wrote 'Good Will Hunting'.

Wonko
Wonko's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think he has a beautiful

I think he has a beautiful wife.

She was a bartender at one time in Miami....

the YT clip is about 2 mins. of still photos.

Sinphanius
Sinphanius's picture
User is offlineOffline
Heh Heh; "Don't Run!" *BANG

Heh Heh;

"Don't Run!" *BANG BANG>* "Don't Run! *BANG BANG BANG*