Bring it.

shslaxkid336
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Bring it.

hey, im a former atheist, now born-again chrisitian ready to debate anything ya'll throw at me.and oh yeah i'm 17 and still in high school, so don't be to tough on me.. ;] lol.

First Question to ya'll is:

If under the laws of thermodynamics matter cannot either be created or destroyed how is it that matter exists?

* Big Bang theory is a waste of time, big bang states that all matter in existance was compacted together and exploded into the still growing universe today. even with the ridiculous odds that this singular planet ended up with water and enough carbon and protiens to begin life, where did the original matter come from?

my answer is of course is God created all things. what's your answer?

GodsUseForAMosquito
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
User is offlineOffline
[joke]Hmm, maybe God did

[joke]

Hmm, maybe God did it.

[/joke]

Side note - I hear that this year CERN is only firing up the LHC for callibration, then they can't use it over winter because it uses so much power that the surrounding towns and cities wouldn't have enough electricity for heating, so it'll be at least a year before any results are returned that could provide insights into the BB..

Ian

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
GodsUseForAMosquito

GodsUseForAMosquito wrote:

Side note - I hear that this year CERN is only firing up the LHC for callibration, then they can't use it over winter because it uses so much power that the surrounding towns and cities wouldn't have enough electricity for heating, so it'll be at least a year before any results are returned that could provide insights into the BB..

That's fine. god gets to live for one more season. 

But in the spring...he dies.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

shslaxkid336 wrote:

Allah did it.

NO NO NO NO VISHNU DID IT! SECOND LAW SAYS SO!

I love how hypocritical theists are in invoking second law as a justification that "anything can happen", but yet they know Superman cant fly and deitys with multiple arms are not possible.

You of all people should know that second law proves the existance of my purple snarfwidget.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

BMcD
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Cpt_pineapple

Brian37 wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

shslaxkid336 wrote:

Allah did it.

I love how hypocritical theists are in invoking second law as a justification that "anything can happen", but yet they know Superman cant fly and deitys with multiple arms are not possible.

You of all people should know that second law proves the existance of my purple snarfwidget.

And yet, Brian, for all your wit and snark, even you must, by logic alone, accept the existence of He/She/It/They Who May Or May Not Be Kelhain, Being Or Not Being The Supreme Being. Admit it!

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
BMcD wrote:Brian37

BMcD wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

shslaxkid336 wrote:

Allah did it.

And yet, Brian, for all your wit and snark, even you must, by logic alone, accept the existence of He/She/It/They Who May Or May Not Be Kelhain, Being Or Not Being The Supreme Being. Admit it!

Or not...

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
BMcD wrote:And yet, Brian,

BMcD wrote:

But then how will he BBQ kittens with a clear conscience?

daedalus
daedalus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:BMcD

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

BMcD wrote:

But then how will he BBQ kittens with a clear conscience?

If your God requires it, you can have a clear conscience.  Most Gods wildly approve of sacrifices - human or feline - in their name. Eye-wink

BTW, has the OP'er ever returned to "bring that which has already been brought"?  It seems another Theist ready to make wild claims and run to the sanctity of their own delusion.

Imagine the people who believe such things and who are not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centuries since the Bible was written. And it is these ignorant people, the most uneducated, the most unimaginative, the most unthinking among us, who would make themselves the guides and leaders of us all; who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us; who would invade our schools and libraries and homes. I personally resent it bitterly.
Isaac Asimov

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why is it that so many

Why is it that so many people (theists in particular make an OP and then just leave? This is a genuine question, not a complaint.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
    DG, throws a baited

DG, throws a baited hook. The truth scares them, and these idiol worshipers preach, and don't much care to reason.    

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:   

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

DG, throws a baited hook. The truth scares them, and these idiol worshipers preach, and don't much care to reason.    

Well said IAGAY, .... a very astute observation

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Thanks handsome buddha

Thanks handsome buddha Prozac, good to see ya. Maybe you can put some scary healing voodoo on them. You know, wake'em up from their blinding hell spell.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Prozac, you look like

Prozac, you look like Pennywise and it's freakin' me the fuck out.

BMcD
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:BMcD

jcgadfly wrote:

BMcD wrote:

Or not...

Ah, but don't you see? He/She/It/They Who May Or May Not Be Kelhain... MAY NOT BE KELHAIN! He/She/It/They could be... Brian37! (and in that case, would Not Be The Supreme Being).

H/S/I/TWMOMNBKelhain cannot be disproven, because H/S/I/T could be the person doing the disproving! It's easily within the naming parameters! MUAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

(There is a reason that when some friends and I formed The First Church of the Metric Week, we told people that if they gave us $50, we'd never talk to them about it again. Let's face it, if the JWs said '$5, and you never get another visit!' they'd be richer than the Pope...)

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid