Debate with a Muslim

Death Dragoon
Bronze Member
Death Dragoon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Debate with a Muslim

I only accepted because I got bored with christians. Anyways, he posted a very humorous website, http://www.harunyahya.com/Existence_of_God.php . First off he tried to act like it was his own research, until I called him out for plagiarism. Secondly, it contains almost every fallacy in the book. Like all creationists debates, it starts off with  a false dichotomy, then goes on to include strawman arguements, quote mining and false analogys. Anyways, its basicly the same as a christian debate, so for any of you debaters here, check out the site.

When once asked in the library if I believed in Jesus Christ, I pointed out that zombie novels are in the fiction section.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Interesting. *Heads off to

Interesting.

*Heads off to take a look*

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow, the author of that

Wow, the author of that non-stop fun-filled fallacy fest has quite an interesting history...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harun_Yahya

Apparently he was recently convicted and sentenced to 3 years in prison, although he is appealing. If the conviction is correct he's a really bad person...(see below)

"According to the indictment of the prosecutor’s office, cited by the daily Cumhuriyet, Adnan Oktar and associates raped young women many of whom were under the age of 18 on camera and blackmailed them by threatening to release the sex tapes to their friends and family members. Many of these young women were then forced to entice select young men from wealthy families with the promise of sex in exchange for attending events organised by the BAV (his group in Turkey). The court heard how in turn these girls were formed into a group called of what they referred to as Odalisques and were ordered to videotape their sex sessions with these young men and deliver the tapes to Oktar. [37]"

That_Guy
That_Guy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah

Yeah, Adnan Oktar also has a habbit of suing any website that criticisizes him in Turkish court and getting it blocked in Turkey. He is currently working on getting ALL of wikipedia blocked.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow.  Adnan Oktar is

Wow.  Adnan Oktar is fucked.  Super fucked.  And so is Turkey.  Actually blocking and banning websites because Oktar feels personally injured by the content?  I might have been reading fiction, it's so preposterous.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."