Will Wright is an Atheist

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Will Wright is an Atheist

I read the most recent issue of Time magazine earlier, and it had a short article about Will Wright (creator of the Sims/ Sim City and Spore) due to Spore coming out. In it he described himself as "definitely an atheist.. well maybe an agnostic atheist. " Of course that's what the majority of us here would technically see ourselves as. We don't know if there is a god of some sort somewhere for sure, but don't think there is (I myself am entirely certain the Abrahamic god does not exist - along with some other specific gods. )

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Sleestack
Sleestack's picture
User is offlineOffline
I can honestly blame Will

I can honestly blame Will Wright for hours and hours and hours of my life that I will never get back due to his unique ability to make games that are a lot of fun.

phooney
phooney's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've waited for spore to

I've waited for spore to come out for so long now that I can't even be bothered to go buy it Sad

Has anybody purchased it and have any thoughts on how the game has turned out?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Well, I for one HATE HIM(not

Well, I for one HATE HIM(not really, just need a scapegoat for my lack of dextarety and attention span).

I grew up on simplistic games with one fire button and a joystick and those games didn't involve actually THINKING!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I won't buy anything from EA

I won't buy anything from EA as long as they keep using Securom.

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:I won't

MattShizzle wrote:

I won't buy anything from EA as long as they keep using Securom.

Those bastard burned me bad with that SecuRom bullsh*t. Don't worry though: our good freind bittorent will get us all of the games we want from them for free. The best part is that only those who legitemately buy the games are burned by SecuRom. People who steal them off of bittorent don't even have to worry about it. I don't normally steal games, but I will make an exception just for them.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
That's true. The real

That's true. The real pirates can defeat it easily - like the day it comes out. So they wind up actually encouraging piracy. I've heard plenty of people say they won't buy anything with it on or not - whether they download illegally or just do without that's going to affect their bottom line.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
User is offlineOffline
phooney wrote:I've waited

phooney wrote:

I've waited for spore to come out for so long now that I can't even be bothered to go buy it Sad

Has anybody purchased it and have any thoughts on how the game has turned out?

So far I have liked the game.   

Comment to all.  From my experience in the game industry Atheism seems to be pretty common.  At my job in Cali, I knew 8 out of the 10 people that were there when the company started were all atheists (including me).  At the college I went to 4 out of the 5 people in my final project were atheists.

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.