It works for me!

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
It works for me!

Faith in Jesus works for me - it's exciting.  I love the Bible and believe all of it - though there is mystery.  There is mystery everywhere though, right?  I am a incredibly happy believer in Jesus.  I'm not a theologian, I just believe in Jesus.

I understand you can't make anybody believe in Jesus and the Bible, and I don't personally try to do that.  But I highly recommend it from my experience with it.  I can't get enough of the Bible or Jesus.  I can't imagine trying to navigate through life without it at this point in my life. 

I don't think Jesus or God is a thing you can prove to somebody.  I heard about it a large percentage of my life and it didn't mean anything to me until a certain point - then that all changed. 

So do you guys think that I'm fooling myself, not really happy, you don't believe me, or do you really think I can't be as happy or enlightened as you - are you evangelistic in that sense or what?  What is the purpose of this site?   Do you have something better to offer?  If so, what is your gospel? 

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
OK

Beyond Saving wrote:

In order to have a debate you would have to offer a cogent point. I'm not going to hold my breath. Nor am I going to offer you an education on evolution, I'm not a professor and don't enjoy teaching-especially subjects I don't find particularly interesting. You are a google search away from literally thousands of scientific journals which painstakingly record physical evidence of evolution. 

Here, start with this

http://www.jstor.org/

they allow access to many such journals for free. Then you might be capable of holding an intelligent conversation on the topic. But go have it with someone else because I don't give a flying fuck about evolution, the topic bores me. That is why the topic I was talking about was the history of the Taj Mahal, which has nothing to do with evolution.

Be,

I'm going to watch the video you have linked here (provided it's not more than 10-15 min), and would you mind watching this one.  (This is the one I wanted to link to originally but I got the wrong one)   Evolution Vs God 

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote: Be,I'm going

Fonzie wrote:

Be,

I'm going to watch the video you have linked here (provided it's not more than 10-15 min), and would you mind watching this one.  (This is the one I wanted to link to originally but I got the wrong one)        Evolution vs God documentary   

I didn't link to a video and if you are going to learn anything it will take you much longer than 10-15 minutes. If you are only willing to put 15 minutes of effort into a subject you will be forever ignorant. Although, if you are only willing to put in 15 minutes of effort that explains why you are willing to eat up Comfort's bullshit which relies on his audience being extremely ignorant. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
MEMBERS ONLY

Beyond Saving wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Be,

I'm going to watch the video you have linked here (provided it's not more than 10-15 min), and would you mind watching this one.  (This is the one I wanted to link to originally but I got the wrong one)        Evolution vs God documentary   

I didn't link to a video and if you are going to learn anything it will take you much longer than 10-15 minutes. If you are only willing to put 15 minutes of effort into a subject you will be forever ignorant. Although, if you are only willing to put in 15 minutes of effort that explains why you are willing to eat up Comfort's bullshit which relies on his audience being extremely ignorant. 

Be,

The people being interviewed in the video don't seem that ignorant, but - hey, ... your choice.  Maybe you could answer the questions?  Your link is members only and I'm not a member.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Beyond Saving

Fonzie wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Be,

Be,

The people being interviewed in the video don't seem that ignorant, but - hey, ... your choice.  Maybe you could answer the questions?  Your link is members only and I'm not a member.

Michael Moore's videos appear very credible too. There is a lot you can do in the editing room just by choosing what to include and what not to include. I gave you a link to where you can find the answers to his questions. If you are looking for an answer that can be spit out in a 15 second sound byte you aren't going to find it because it doesn't exist, the world isn't that simple.  

All you need to join JSTOR is to give them an email address and setup a password. Then you can search for whatever topic interests you. For example, you can search "evolution" and you will find numerous journal articles recording various finds among fossils and attempts to piece together how everything happened. Absolutely every claim will be supported by evidence and have various footnotes on exactly where you would go to physical evidence that has been found first hand. Like I said, it isn't a topic I find that interesting, but the information is there for you if you want to be an expert. Newer articles will sometimes cost money, but for a topic like evolution there will be thousands of articles that are 10+ years old available for free.  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
AE asked tell us how God speaks to U Fonzie

Atheistextremist wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

It's a very dangerous GPS to be led by the weather of feelings (my emph) rather than the Word of God as illuminated by the Holy Spirit and seen through the eyes of faith. 

Tell us  how  G-d  speaks to you, Fonzie. When you read the bible to you feel closer to him, do you feel a warm sense of belonging, do you feel loved by god? What is love? How do you identify it happening to you?

What other way is there to know god but by one's personal feelings? There's precious little external conversation going on, even you must agree. 

And what is the 'illumination of the holy spirit' if not an upwelling of feelings? A stirring of emotion? A strong sense (feeling) in your heart (limbic system) that what you are reading in the bible is 'true'?

I have to say this line "seen through the eyes of faith" is rather silly. What it really means is that you read biblical assertions with eager preparedness to believe them for the sake of the continuity of your dogma. 

Anyway. Hope you are well and happy, Fonzie. Glad to see your thread hasn't jumped the shark.

[ An enigma, inside a cipher wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce (basically like myself). ¬ Jimmy James ]

God is able to use random events to individually speak/communicate  to any one of his children?  How is that?  As is normal for this Thread; this sort of topic has the potential of branching off into any number of distinct directions (Fonzie is the limiting factor though). So, You dont turn purple,  I  am  sure  Fonzie  means well. I will throw it out there.  One analogy  I find very fascinating is what you see in the Japanese Pachinko parlors are widespread in Japan  there is  a  view  (not to lawyer this too much) that randomness is governable by the deity. If you get a chance  look up what the machines are like, cascading  silver balls,   it is quite the picture of randomness. Most religious people are very fatalistic according to the perceptions of others on this board, you'd find. It's why  you'd see ex-minister often ask, which he has on many many occasions (take my word for it), specifically  asked people if they believed anything random ever happened?  In the re-runs of the American  Series: The X-Files. Scully and Mulder, had an episode of that Original Airdate  I could look up but don't honestly care to. I can if need be. Anyhow, It's on/bout a killer who is guided by numerology and the influence by omen like events, in the fictional television series. It particularly  featured   Burt Reynolds (actor), of Smokey and the Bandit fame, where he was a deity like  figure  around this serial-killer, in the series. His episode, was (again) he (the Bandit) played a devil-like nebulous figure who had some unnatural obsession with the killer's approach to killing. It was portrayed where he was able to perfectly predict where and when he would strike next. Many people have filed through here only hinting at how  god  can own and freely manipulate seemingly random events, with considerable mastery. Independent of whether a person would personally find it true or false or argued it to be beyond the ability of human perception to definitively tell . . .

T h e  B i g  F i n

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Now Dana's a sweet little quince,

Always quick to throw in her two cents.

Though her name's "temporary",

Her posts, quite contrary,

Help keep this thread in permanence.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
PRESENT YOUR REALITY

Beyond Saving wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Be,

Be,

Michael Moore's videos appear very credible too. There is a lot you can do in the editing room just by choosing what to include and what not to include. I gave you a link to where you can find the answers to his questions. If you are looking for an answer that can be spit out in a 15 second sound byte you aren't going to find it because it doesn't exist, the world isn't that simple.  

All you need to join JSTOR is to give them an email address and setup a password. Then you can search for whatever topic interests you. For example, you can search "evolution" and you will find numerous journal articles recording various finds among fossils and attempts to piece together how everything happened. Absolutely every claim will be supported by evidence and have various footnotes on exactly where you would go to physical evidence that has been found first hand. Like I said, it isn't a topic I find that interesting, but the information is there for you if you want to be an expert. Newer articles will sometimes cost money, but for a topic like evolution there will be thousands of articles that are 10+ years old available for free.  

Be,

Since you have studied evolution and the roots have gone deep and the plant has grown strong, what is your "now" application and your "fueled hope" in this evolution - other than shielding yourself against the seed of the Word of God ?  If you have a productive application of evolution to daily life and an explanation of why we are here and where we are going  I want to hear it.  

By simple observation I don't see anything or anybody "evolving" - but...did I miss something?  No house or body is on an upward evolving trend - in fact; quite the opposite.  The greatest efforts toward "maintenance free"... fail !  Can you mention anything that is maintenance free let alone evolving upward ?  What then is your faith in:  pontificating professors?  

You might mention it takes a billion years give or take a few million.  Why invest in the impossible, how does that apply ?  In contrast, "It is Finished!" meaning, the mystery of Salvation in Christ planned before the world was created is READY...NOW!  It applies to here and now from beginning to non-ending eternity with God.  

The Word of God is like a "Time Machine" you only need faith in God to operate.  Through the "eyes of faith" and the Word of God you can travel back to the beginning and have a front row seat at creation.  You can go to the end and get a glimpse of heaven.  

And you can get a God's View of now :  eternal life is KNOWING JESUS CHRIST (Who Has Risen and can be entertained as promised Guest in your heart if you believe in HIM) .  

There is a devil prowling like a roaring lion trying to take it away or keep it away  (question, would he use a theory like evolution?).  Don't blow the eternal life you could have for a bowl of soup (like the example of Esau).  

The bottom line is this:  The WORD OF GOD, JESUS, AND GOD all apply to EVERYTHING - PAST, PRESENT AND ETERNAL FUTURE.  It's not "pie in the sky in the by and by" as mocked by those who don't know or receive the Seed of the Word of God --- but do receive the false seeds of evolutionary nothingness, emptiness, and irrelevance.  

The vexing question is: why would the duped stay duped (?) when a Savior is near?  Why would the trapped stay trapped (?) when freedom is offered?  Why would the slave continue to serve the tyrant (?) when the KING OF KINGS has held the tyrant and his minions up to open shame and won the hearts of His subjects with understanding - taking their debt willingly, ready to receive them instantly as friends, no parole, for the joy set before Him enduring the cross, despising the shame?  The dupes of the false security evolution summarily then refuse the joy He has won - and love the lie of their master,  thinking (?), "it can't get any better than this"???  Ah, the sedative of the liar's lies.  

But then ok, what is the "application" and describe the "better" if it is real and applicable to you:  the joys of evolution / the application of evolution / the destiny of evolution / the life perspective and inspiring hope of evolution

What are the chances there are real answers of substance ?  

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote: Be,Since you

Fonzie wrote:

Be,

Since you have studied evolution and the roots have gone deep and the plant has grown strong, what is your "now" application and your "fueled hope" in this evolution - other than shielding yourself against the seed of the Word of God ?  If you have a productive application of evolution to daily life and an explanation of why we are here and where we are going  I want to hear it.

I haven't studied evolution. I have at best a layman's knowledge of it. Perhaps you missed the part where I said I don't find the topic interesting.

Fonzie wrote:

By simple observation I don't see anything or anybody "evolving" - but...did I miss something?  

By simple observation you don't see the world spinning either. Our physical senses aren't all that good. Fortunately, science doesn't rely on simple observation.

Fonzie wrote:

No house or body is on an upward evolving trend - in fact; quite the opposite.  The greatest efforts toward "maintenance free"... fail !  Can you mention anything that is maintenance free let alone evolving upward ?  What then is your faith in:  pontificating professors?

Are you suggesting that humans are maintenance free? 

Fonzie wrote:

You might mention it takes a billion years give or take a few million.  Why invest in the impossible, how does that apply ?  In contrast, "It is Finished!" meaning, the mystery of Salvation in Christ planned before the world was created is READY...NOW!  It applies to here and now from beginning to non-ending eternity with God.

I don't know, why do you invest in the impossible? 

Fonzie wrote:

The Word of God is like a "Time Machine" you only need faith in God to operate.  Through the "eyes of faith" and the Word of God you can travel back to the beginning and have a front row seat at creation.  You can go to the end and get a glimpse of heaven.

I agree, it is like a time machine. It takes you back to a time when humans were ignorant, had no understanding of the world and believed in things like witchcraft, sorcery and explained everything they couldn't understand by inserting a deity. I enjoy studying history more than the next guy, but I don't know why anyone would want to go back and live in those times.

Fonzie wrote:

And you can get a God's View of now :  eternal life is KNOWING JESUS CHRIST (Who Has Risen and can be entertained as promised Guest in your heart if you believe in HIM) .

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you aren't going to live forever. Your "maintenance free" body is failing and when it goes, so do you.

Fonzie wrote:

There is a devil prowling like a roaring lion trying to take it away or keep it away  (question, would he use a theory like evolution?).  Don't blow the eternal life you could have for a bowl of soup (like the example of Esau).

I like soup.

Fonzie wrote:

The bottom line is this:  The WORD OF GOD, JESUS, AND GOD all apply to EVERYTHING - PAST, PRESENT AND ETERNAL FUTURE.  It's not "pie in the sky in the by and by" as mocked by those who don't know or receive the Seed of the Word of God --- but do receive the false seeds of evolutionary nothingness, emptiness, and irrelevance.

Tell god to keep his seed to himself. He isn't my type.

Fonzie wrote:

The vexing question is: why would the duped stay duped (?)

I agree. Why do you stay duped? I guess because "it works for me".

Fonzie wrote:

But then ok, what is the "application" and describe the "better" if it is real and applicable to you:  the joys of evolution / the application of evolution / the destiny of evolution / the life perspective and inspiring hope of evolution

I think it is better to deal with reality than live a fantasy, even if that fantasy is attractive. Just a personal preference, nothing else. If you prefer to live believing a fantasy, be my guest. 

Fonzie wrote:

100%

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
In the words of the immortal Groucho . .

{Beyond Saving wrote}

Beyond Saving wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Be,

I haven't studied evolution. I have at best a layman's knowledge of it. Perhaps you missed the part where I said I don't find the topic interesting.

Fonzie wrote:

By simple observation I don't see anything or anybody "evolving" - but...did I miss something?  

By simple observation you don't see the world spinning either. Our physical senses aren't all that good. Fortunately, science doesn't rely on simple observation.

Fonzie wrote:

No house or body is on an upward evolving trend - in fact; quite the opposite.  The greatest efforts toward "maintenance free"... fail !  Can you mention anything that is maintenance free let alone evolving upward ?  What then is your faith in:  pontificating professors?

Fonzie wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

I like soup.

Fonzie wrote:

The bottom line is this:  The WORD OF GOD, JESUS, AND GOD all apply to EVERYTHING - PAST, PRESENT AND ETERNAL FUTURE.  It's not "pie in the sky in the by and by".

Fonzie wrote:

The vexing question is: why would the duped stay duped (?)

I agree. Why do you stay duped? I guess because "it works for me".

Fonzie wrote:

I think it is better to deal with reality than live a fantasy, even if that fantasy is attractive. Just a personal preference, nothing else. If you prefer to live believing a fantasy, be my guest. 

Fonzie wrote:

100%

In the words of the immortal Groucho (the Marx brothers), See  Image :

It says :  Who are you going to believe, me or your own lying eyes  ?

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Ct mge ejcff vkcjr rgez jn qkdftgjr jur Jbnff'e nkjdkj...

Quote:

Then why do you believe in the lie you haven't studied?  I believe in the Truth that has been revealed to me.

Fonzie wrote:

If you relied on simple faith, you would know the One who makes the world spin.  Your physical senses may not be good, but with jesus your spiritual senses can be perfect. 

Quote:

Of course not.  We are constantly in need of repair, and jesus signed the Service Contract with his life.

Quote:

Only god can do the impossible, so an investment in jesus pays infinite dividends.

Quote:
I agree, it is like a time machine. It takes you back to a time when humans were ignorant, had no understanding of the world and believed in things like witchcraft, sorcery and explained everything they couldn't understand by inserting a deity. I enjoy studying history more than the next guy, but I don't know why anyone would want to go back and live in those times.

Yet you believe in the witchcraft and sorcery of science, instead of the Truth that makes any professor look ignorant.  

It's like the Musketeers storming the Alamo and freeing the Eskimos, who then turned on their liberators and blighted their potatoes.

Quote:

If you choose to go to the Eternal Pokey instead, you'll get all types of seed -- and not much soap.  

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
IS MISQUOTING NECESSARY TO SUPPORT EVOLUTION?

zarathustra wrote:

Ct mge ejcff vkcjr rgez jn qkdftgjr jur Jbnff'e nkjdkj...

Quote:

Then why do you believe in the lie you haven't studied?  I believe in the Truth that has been revealed to me.

Fonzie wrote:

If you relied on simple faith, you would know the One who makes the world spin.  Your physical senses may not be good, but with jesus your spiritual senses can be perfect. 

Quote:

Of course not.  We are constantly in need of repair, and jesus signed the Service Contract with his life.

Quote:

Only god can do the impossible, so an investment in jesus pays infinite dividends.

Quote:

Yet you believe in the witchcraft and sorcery of science, instead of the Truth that makes any professor look ignorant.  

It's like the Musketeers storming the Alamo and freeing the Eskimos, who then turned on their liberators and blighted their potatoes.

Quote:

If you choose to go to the Eternal Pokey instead, you'll get all types of seed -- and not much soap.  

ZARA,

MISTAKE OR INTENTIONAL?  You say I wrote, "By simple observation you don't see the world spinning either.  Our physical senses aren't that good.  Fortunately science does not rely on simple observation".  This is not a quote from me.  

Are you so desperate to hang on to evolution that you have to misquote?  Maybe you've misquoted the people who have proposed evolution.  

RobbyPants
atheist
RobbyPants's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:ZARA,MISTAKE OR

Fonzie wrote:

ZARA,

MISTAKE OR INTENTIONAL?  You say I wrote, "By simple observation you don't see the world spinning either.  Our physical senses aren't that good.  Fortunately science does not rely on simple observation".  This is not a quote from me.  

Are you so desperate to hang on to evolution that you have to misquote?  Maybe you've misquoted the people who have proposed evolution.  

Note the "Poe" in the subject of his post. The entire post was satire. He's been doing a lot of these, lately, and it's likely you (ironically) missed it. 

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
REAL HUMOR VERSUS SOME ZARY POE LIES

RobbyPants wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

ZARA,

Note the "Poe" in the subject of his post. The entire post was satire. He's been doing a lot of these, lately, and it's likely you (ironically) missed it. 

Rob,

I haven't seen any Zara posts that claim to actually quote me... in which then he goes ahead and says anything he wants to say.   If he did that you're right I missed it.  I don't see the "Poe" thing as a magic stone giving him license to frame an actual misquote of me, throw arrows and firebrands and death and then say, "I was only joking".  He can yuk it up all he wants otherwise but this is not actual humor.  It's a desperate distracting  lie.  

The elephant in the room is this:  that evolution has no application to life nor does atheism.  You can laugh nervously or obliviously about that... and "Poe" about it knowing all the time you can't apply either one to successful everyday life and death and living,  why we are here, where we are going, what we should be doing about it, what this real "help" is you propose for your fellow man and what substantive reason propels it a lifetime of said non existent help.  It appears to be an emotional connection you have here to these religions:  atheism, evolution and what you think you want.  

But, hey - there's nothing wrong with the seed - it will grow, but it does need to be received deeply rather than emotionally rejected.   It looks like if you believed in something that has no application you'd be suspicious, but, HEY! POE! DULL FROE! 

RobbyPants
atheist
RobbyPants's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote: haven't seen

Fonzie wrote:
 haven't seen any Zara posts that claim to actually quote me... in which then he goes ahead and says anything he wants to say.   If he did that you're right I missed it.  I don't see the "Poe" thing as a magic stone giving him license to frame an actual misquote of me, throw arrows and firebrands and death and then say, "I was only joking".  He can yuk it up all he wants otherwise but this is not actual humor.  It's a desperate distracting  lie.  

It would be a lie, except he posted (Poe) right in the subject line. You do know what Poe's Law is, right?

Fonzie wrote:
The elephant in the room is this:  that evolution has no application to life nor does atheism.
Trollolololol. I guess you win the thread. No need for any further responses.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's amazing . ..good sense U dont recognize your own attacks

The Devil you say !!

(See ::  Pic/Image entitled : the Devil you say ) :

T0 :: The 0P  Not making a decision to buckle down and to be taken seriously is .. what ?  Still a decision!!

p.s.  --    You just can't fake this kind  of pig ignorance (even if you tried).

F  i  n

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

» Edit:

neither Mephibosheth nor Fonzie wrote:

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
THE IRRELEVANT FAITHS

zarathustra wrote:

» Edit:

ZARA, 

...And no atheist or evolutionist has given a logical application of those "billion year dream faiths" to:  life, death, where we came from and why we are here, where we are going, a standard of right and wrong, what true "help" of fellow man is (this vague "helping of fellow man has been vaguely referred to and purposely left vague) - and how your faith motivates pursuing a lifetime of this undefined "help".  

Without the comfortable harbor of blasphemy and slander and assumed demolition of the Word of God (WHICH WILL REMAIN TRUE AND INTACT AND THOROUGHLY FULFILLED IN ITS ENTIRETY) which answers and supplies all these - and much more) the atheist and evolutionist hangs in the air like smoke from a spent fireworks display.  

These things of substance haven't appeared because they don't exist.  And that's no Poe.  

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:zarathustra

Fonzie wrote:

zarathustra wrote:

» Edit:

ZARA, 

...And no atheist or evolutionist has given a logical application of those "billion year dream faiths" to:  life, death, where we came from and why we are here, where we are going, a standard of right and wrong, what true "help" of fellow man is (this vague "helping of fellow man has been vaguely referred to and purposely left vague) - and how your faith motivates pursuing a lifetime of this undefined "help".  

Without the comfortable harbor of blasphemy and slander and assumed demolition of the Word of God (WHICH WILL REMAIN TRUE AND INTACT AND THOROUGHLY FULFILLED IN ITS ENTIRETY) which answers and supplies all these - and much more) the atheist and evolutionist hangs in the air like smoke from a spent fireworks display.  

These things of substance haven't appeared because they don't exist.  And that's no Poe.  

Lol, I find it amusing when trolls leap around. It is kind of like watching a bad magician who thinks they are fooling you with their misdirection.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
>Mr. Fonzerelli‎ Nu 3533 recall? Oh, the pain of it all . . .

Biblical passage from the Book of Romans (*uncut*)

F i n

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
"And come Sept, I will remember; Camping days and friendships 2"

To Our Teens in Christ, one and all. Or specifically Fonzie himself ::

Beyond Saving wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

zarathustra wrote:

ZARA, 

Lol, I find it amusing when trolls leap around. It is kind of like watching a bad magician who thinks they are fooling you with their misdirection.

Perhaps the  OP can ask for  Beyond  to provide some useful links  to Journals online  on 20th Century Cosmology, I would think ? A thought; no a prerequisite. Instead of your (the OP's) recent release of-unlearned *pigeon droppings (See: Pic), in the form of Pseudo-proses. try to understand there being an allusion to what happened in the case of the Antenna, pre-GPS.

Hint  Scientific Visual *allusion, ties in nicely S E E :: Image

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3c/Bell_Labs_Horn_Antenna_Crawford_Hill_NJ.jpg/640px-Bell_Labs_Horn_Antenna_Crawford_Hill_NJ.jpg

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
60 year old Padawan (Star Wars)

Re :: 60 year old Padawan  (Star Wars)

It's me  keeping it positive (with this).

Please  be  aware,  I should expect no future infliction of reprisals  for posting this.   It  looks  like  the  OP  has left the building.  Please except this in the spirit in which it is intended.

::

On a program back in 2005, featuring a panel of New Agey authors, Oprah said,  ''.. she does not think God is "hung up" on what we believe about Him. "Whatever that force is, it doesn't care what you call it. He doesn't have an ego problem." She went on to say, "I believe in the FORCE.  I call it God."

View Image ::

One Concerned Citizen says . .

:

Click to go to the main page.

Celebrity Winfrey's take

Not to comment so much on any of Miss Winfrey's claims or her personally held beliefs. But I thought we should point out this vital information, as a point of clarification. Oprah is quoted to have said, more recently : ''I'm insanely blessed, but luck had nothing to do with it. I installed my awesome (end quote)''

An eight year old could have found this Online  in less than say 15 minutes . . .

p.s.  -- Note  the  subject-line's title  :  60 year old Padawan  (Star Wars) . .  investing in 'ME'¬ish, apparently.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
MISSING SET OF BOOKS

Beyond Saving wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

zarathustra wrote:

» Edit:

ZARA, 

Be,

I think you know the "leaping" is from your projector not my answer.  You notice no atheist has "jumped in" and offered answers to why we are here, where we are going, a standard of right and wrong, what represents true "help" of fellow man and what fuels said help.  Again, they haven't appeared because in the atheist heart these things don't exist.  It is tragic they don't because the spark and fire of faith is close at hand, in the heart and within sight of faith in Christ lifted up.  You don't have to go looking for it on the earth or under the earth or in hell or heaven or on CNN.  The good news is here:  God has sheathed His sword in the LORD'S side at the threshing floor of Ornan.  Divine Justice has been satisfied and the Price Paid for all who will come to God in Christ.  God is willing and able to save all who come to Him trusting in His Sacrifice.  Salvation is by Grace - it's a gift in other words, the gift of God.  But you have to come to Him in Christ.  Why are you intent on not doing that?    

But a totally different road is this:  to come up with your own sacrifice and trust in it.  Or, you could just deny meaning and purpose, origin, destiny, design, creation, purpose, evil, the devil, demons, the Power of God, Christ's Sacrifice, the Holy Spirit, Heaven, Hell - all together... and nervously joke and distract and mock and blaspheme and "muddy the waters" concerning the fact that atheists are totally missing one of two sets of books.  They try to keep the one of clay while denying the spiritual - the eternal one, the main one.  Won't you be eternally insanely mad you have been tricked, taken, hoodwinked, asleep at the switch, blown out of the water, blindsided, sucker-punched, caught up in a current of the worst sin of all:  unbelief...  Not only caught up but determined to hold on and encourage unbelief, inspire unbelief, compose and ignite unbelief.  And when asked what you, the atheist are all about, what makes you tick if you tick - you can't tick it out or poe it out.  Remember, tick represents time.  You have time now to get it right.  It's called repentance - to think differently.  The gospel has the power to bring it about.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels

[IMG] http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/180/0/c/eriks_pants_are_full_of_grouch_by_crow821-d3kg7v1.jpg [/IMG]

(Image is of a chess piece being  bounced off your head -- Above  or  Go to site)

Fonzie wrote:
Be,  .. [the] eternally insanely mad you have been tricked, taken, hoodwinked, asleep at the switch, blown out of the water, blindsided, sucker-punched, caught up in a current of the worst sin of all:  unbelief.

Let  it  'Be'.  Not about the comment I quoted, but  as  an aside . . . 

T0:: The  OP   In and for all you do . . .

"God is not mocked" "God is not mocked", cryptic reference.  Wow, this isn't open mike night on the hill Fonzie!! If you were a female  I'd remind you of the '' imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit''.  Have you tried miming the Good News ?  During this time of year, in North America, it shouldn't be difficult to pick up the mime makeup. Beautiful things can be expressed, even if unspoken (,mainly using signs and gestures to communicate), a thought! Then Upload us some images.

When you done playing digital missionary; Tell us a story about angels (when you can) . .  . .

Hebrews  XIII
     Heb. XIII  --  "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels. Remember the prisoners as if chained with them—those who are mistreated  since you yourselves are in the body also. God will judge. Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things` as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” Remember . . Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever"

Burns and Allen. --  "Say goodnight, Gracie," to which Allen IN THE ACT always simply REPLIED "Goodnight."

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Like a naughty, venereal sore,

The Old Troll always comes back for more.

But this time It despairs,

For It sees no one cares,

And it's time to just close up the store.

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
BIGGEST LOSERS - ATHEISTS

zarathustra wrote:

Zara,

You can certainly expound on the venereal sores and be the go - to guy/girl on that...   I cite that as "exhibit A" when it comes to "jumping around" (et. al. beyond saving),  throwing up a distraction (albeit remaining pious in posture) - yet avoiding any discussion of atheist substance as applied to life, life's meaning, life's worth or life's debt and the inability of one to pay said debt of life thereof or help relieve a fellow debtor and what poe form that relief would take.  

Hearing none, I conclude::::::::       atheists to be the BIGGEST LOSERS.  

I want to pay tribute to their hard work in this (it hasn't come easy) - their untiring dedication and devotion to corporate apathy, their vigilance to avoid and fight off any atom's worth thought of consciousness of design (any old fool could have let that slip in - but not yawl), their constant generation of meaningless 3D non-thought, irrelevant picture pasting, creative distortion and vile spinning cyclorama.  Still I can't leave out the black hole that represents their false view of their own faith in nothingness and yet the determination to not admit its existence, to even think pink elephant about it - no, it's a full armor of vacuum we're dealing with here - a vacuum shield.

So this award, BIGGEST LOSERS, I give you - for one and all.  You've earned it, fought for it, brought it home for the team to display in the store, you've gimped it, so enjoy, it's yours - for indeed.... it's NOTHING!  

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:  .  Hearing

Fonzie wrote:

Hearing none, I conclude::::::::       atheists to be the BIGGEST LOSERS.  

I want to pay tribute to their hard work in this (it hasn't come easy) - their untiring dedication and devotion to corporate apathy, their vigilance to avoid and fight off any atom's worth thought of consciousness of design (any old fool could have let that slip in - but not yawl), their constant generation of meaningless 3D non-thought, irrelevant picture pasting, creative distortion and vile spinning cyclorama.  Still I can't leave out the black hole that represents their false view of their own faith in nothingness and yet the determination to not admit its existence, to even think pink elephant about it - no, it's a full armor of vacuum we're dealing with here - a vacuum shield.

So this award, BIGGEST LOSERS, I give you - for one and all.  You've earned it, fought for it, brought it home for the team to display in the store, you've gimped it, so enjoy, it's yours - for indeed.... it's NOTHING!  

Okay, thanks for grieving for our lost souls.  We all appreciate your heartfelt "concern".    You had at it and failed miserably, now continue to follow your theological dictates ( Matthew 10:14 ) and metaphorically shake the dust of your feet and consign us to our terrible fate ( Hebrews 10:31 ).  It's on our heads now ....shove off.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Try not to cut off your nose to spite your face (Sir Troll)

Re ::

Try not to cut off your nose to spite your face (Sir Troll)
Let all calm down,  when we get the chance (tehe) 

Why dont you tell us that story about an angel now ? No, no takers??? How about a story about a demoness, Read Upload --

From the Ramayana  in the Mahabharata (the Reader's Digest version, more than a actual translation) See  Uploaded Image ::

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Re :: Disappointing, how very disappointing (sigh) . . .

Re ::  Disappointing,  how very disappointing (sigh) . . .

Fonzie wrote:

zarathustra wrote:

Zara,

You can certainly expound on the venereal sores and be the go - to guy/girl on that...   I cite that as "exhibit A" when it comes to "jumping around" (et. al. beyond saving),  throwing up a distraction (albeit remaining pious in posture) - yet avoiding any discussion of atheist substance as applied to life, life's meaning, life's worth or life's debt and the inability of one to pay said debt of life thereof or help relieve a fellow debtor and what poe form that relief would take.  

Hearing none, I conclude::::::::       atheists to be the BIGGEST LOSERS.  

I want to pay tribute to their hard work in this (it hasn't come easy) - their untiring dedication and devotion to corporate apathy, their vigilance to avoid and fight off any atom's worth thought of consciousness of design (any old fool could have let that slip in - but not yawl), their constant generation of meaningless 3D non-thought, irrelevant picture pasting, creative distortion and vile spinning cyclorama.  Still I can't leave out the black hole that represents their false view of their own faith in nothingness and yet the determination to not admit its existence, to even think pink elephant about it - no, it's a full armor of vacuum we're dealing with here - a vacuum shield.

So this award, BIGGEST LOSERS, I give you - for one and all.  You've earned it, fought for it, brought it home for the team to display in the store, you've gimped it, so enjoy, it's yours - for indeed.... it's NOTHING!  

Wee little one,  Is it so  great a thing to ask to get to know  who  you are talking to in  the first place?!??  All this does is both prove and show how little you care about people in general.  But, You've proven you never did want to bother with people.  Hey, No skin off your  nose, huh lazy ?!?!??

Live in harmony with one another, being of the same mind towards one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Quote=Fonzie

Hearing none, I conclude::::::::       atheists to be the BIGGEST LOSERS.  

I want to pay tribute to their hard work in this (it hasn't come easy) - their untiring dedication and devotion to corporate apathy, their vigilance to avoid and fight off any atom's worth thought of consciousness of design (any old fool could have let that slip in - but not yawl), their constant generation of meaningless 3D non-thought, irrelevant picture pasting, creative distortion and vile spinning cyclorama.  Still I can't leave out the black hole that represents their false view of their own faith in nothingness and yet the determination to not admit its existence, to even think pink elephant about it - no, it's a full armor of vacuum we're dealing with here - a vacuum shield.

So this award, BIGGEST LOSERS, I give you - for one and all.  You've earned it, fought for it, brought it home for the team to display in the store, you've gimped it, so enjoy, it's yours - for indeed.... it's NOTHING!

Okay, thanks for grieving for our lost souls.  We all appreciate your heartfelt "concern".    You had at it and failed miserably, now continue to follow your theological dictates ( Matthew 10:14 ) and metaphorically shake the dust of your feet and consign us to our terrible fate ( Hebrews 10:31 ).  It's on our heads now ....shove off!!

>Exclusively to the accepted in the beloved, (almost anyway), the  0P ::

If you're done with your limited assessments based solely on this thread alone.

>Direct link :: http://www.scripturesongsforworship.com/2012/06/12-who-can-understand-his-errors-me.html
Or,

YouTube ?  Try

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWN1CvaMtYk&list=PL1AC19848DC3D2AEF&index=4

Psalm 19:12-14 Song "Who Can Understand His Errors?" (Christian Scripture Praise Worship w/ lyrics) - YouTube

(NOT exclusive to only those who cannot make distinctions)!

__  __  __

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
SUBJECT, NOUN, PREDICATE, VERB, & DIRECT OBJECT

Kapkao wrote:

Kapkao,

Your title (NO SUBJECT) seems the fitting summary for "atheist pride" and "evolution folly" - evolved down into the atheist's own nothingness, yet infected and trapped by the germ of pride...as if man doesn't need God - has "evolved" and is really "something" -  can chart his own course, fan his own flame, propel his own propeller, blow his own sail, etc., etc., - but if so, where is it?  It has yet to appear in its glory.  

But you have nailed it:  "NO SUBJECT".  It is more likely that life happened by accident  (to quote) "As if a dictionary resulted from an explosion in a printing shop".  And this empty false  unproven theory has gradually permeated the fingers and the toes and the whole life with the emptiness of: :  NO SUBJECT

As Einstein said, "The man who regards his own life and that of his fellow creatures as meaningless is not merely unhappy but hardly fit for life."  But, thankfully there is The Way out....  

This meaningless "NO SUBJECT" Jesus came to redeem us from, break the trap and show us the WAY, and live in us and walk with us and light our way.  Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life".  He paid the price that shows what we are worth to God...also "nailed" once and for all the question as to whether God will always keep His Promises - no matter how hard.  The thing kindly ask of us (our will) is: to repent of our pride (which is a false state by the way...so why wouldn't we want to escape it???) and think differently and cry out to God for deliverance from this NO SUBJECT emptiness we are in, and love God with all our heart strength soul and mind.  

He will see that thought in our heart... and start toward us before the word is even on our lips.  Jesus said, "Come to Me all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light".  Only the Great Physician can cure this infection of pride - but He doesn't do it without consulting our will.

So if there is anything beyond NO SUBJECT bring it on.  What is the atheist' meaning of life, origin of life, reason of life, motivation for helping, what help is, where life is going, how the debt of life is to be paid?  The answer is elsewhere:  Jesus is LORD - What He Says is True, What He Did is Right, Who He said He IS is Who He IS, Why He did IT is because He Loves us and wants to save us. 

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
↑ The Heart of the matter ?!???

↑  The Heart of the matter ?!??? As a eminently practical step, talk to people  to get to know exactly what they are about, K? No-one is compatible or better the same on this board, OKay?

Oh, The genuine sad grief in my poor heart

Do not jump in the middle of something unless you know what a person's position is.  Typical  Foz  distinguishing behaviour  cannot keep up with the lads so he (or she) continually has this all-absorbing tit for tat response. How long have you been an adult for ?!?? Allthewhile, refusing to allow his actions and thoughts to be placed under the all searing eye of the Words penned in the holy Bible or under scrutiny, to begin with!! 

2 Thessalonians 2:9a;11  --  
 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power . .
11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, ..

p.s.  -- Oh, The genuine sad grief in my poor heart . . .

----

Update ::

If you or any lurkers who are curious this thread should explain what is meant by the enigmatic emoticon, in question; thus labelled under "No Subject" by Sir Troll.  Try looking at this thread  entitled. . A Merry Christmas to all! | The Rational Response Squad  Url/Link::  http://http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/34378.  (Smile)  Glad I could be of service   Smiling

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote: Kapkao,Your

Fonzie wrote:

Kapkao,

Your title (NO SUBJECT) seems the fitting summary for "atheist pride"

Speaking only for myself ( not Kapkao )  why would I feel "atheist" pride for not believing in something that is fictional ?  I don't feel pride in not believing in Santa Clause or the Tooth Fairy, either.

Fonzie wrote:
...yet infected and trapped by the germ of pride...as if man doesn't need God - has "evolved" and is really "something"

You don't know me very well.   I personally don't believe humans are really "something", I consider them to be evolution's most successful failure and unlike your make-believe God if I chose to flood the Earth it would be with a mind to leaving no human survivors at all.  Besides, I could never worship a God who was foolish enough to create humanity in the first place.  Does that sound like I believe humans are really "something" ?

Fonzie wrote:
It is more likely that life happened by accident...

My rejection of my former Christian faith was not based upon accepting or rejecting a scientific theory.   That theory is more important to you than to me, despite my atheism.  If evolution were flatly disproved it still doesn't validate any of the world religion's various magical creation fairy tales, does it ?

Fonzie wrote:
... and love God with all our heart strength soul and mind. 

But God,  just like Nebuchadnezzer II in Daniel chapter 3, likes to encourage that "love" with the threat of  fiery torment. Oh sure you've still got free will, but let God narrow down the options just to encourage you to make the right choice.  Fear... it works every time !

Fonzie wrote:
He will see that thought in our heart... and start toward us before the word is even on our lips.  Jesus said, "Come to Me all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light".  Only the Great Physician can cure this infection of pride - but He doesn't do it without consulting our will.

Thank you for your sermonette. Very compelling.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

The Troll had long since admitted to its dishonesty and slunk away in defeat.  Yet having spent the night celebrating the earth's rotation with lithium and kool-aid, it returned to the pointless debate with resurrected vigor.  

And...it was STILL quite easy...

Quote:
Speaking only for myself ( not Kapkao )  why would I feel "atheist" pride for not believing in something that is fictional ?  I don't feel pride in not believing in Santa Clause or the Tooth Fairy, either.

You feel the pride of not having to answer for your actions.  You might feel proud with no presents under the tree or money under your pillow.  How proud will you feel when there's no salvation in the next life?

Quote:
You don't know me very well.   I personally don't believe humans are really "something", I consider them to be evolution's most successful failure and unlike your make-believe God if I chose to flood the Earth it would be with a mind to leaving no human survivors at all.  Besides, I could never worship a God who was foolish enough to create humanity in the first place.  Does that sound like I believe humans are really "something" ?

god knows you better than you know yourself.  god offers you the gift of being something.  Will you choose the nothing behind door #2 instead.

Quote:
My rejection of my former Christian faith was not based upon accepting or rejecting a scientific theory.   That theory is more important to you than to me, despite my atheism.  If evolution were flatly disproved it still doesn't validate any of the world religion's various magical creation fairy tales, does it ?

Evolutionists created the magical fairy tale of monkeys to man, to lead us away from the True Story of the Clay Man and Rib Woman, and the Water-Walking Zombie who came to save us all.    

Quote:
But God,  just like Nebuchadnezzer II in Daniel chapter 3, likes to encourage that "love" with the threat of a fiery eternity. Oh sure you've still got free will, but let God narrow down the options just to encourage you to make the right choice.  Fear... it works every time !

But Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego turned fireproof when Neb 2 threw them into the furnace.  So also,  jesus is the asbestos suit that wil protect you from the Eternal Flames, but only if you to choose to wear it.   

πππ†
π†††

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
You're So Vain Lyrics - Carly Simon

To the OP  ::

Here's an idea (immediately so), that the Theistard-Troll (the colourful place of honor) get his focus off himself. Stop wasting your time and everyone elses', especially with your broken down approach. Then your own chains from your self-imposed prison of this single thread, if not, everyone’s chains   could be loosed & can ..often be arranged in minutes. Also, If  the outcome were opened  to any given unpredictability, instead of the all too predictable posts and deadness you like to exhibit,  Mr. Super Self-Indulgent !! Where's our adaptability? Then maybe someone might want to begin to think about taking you seriously (I doubt it myself),.

What of it ?!?? 

--   --  --

Just short of a very huge bulletin board featuring a large centrally-located huge typeface to convince you (the reader) or others even.

Posted #3582 & Posted #3565 has nothing whatsoever to do with any comment(s) made by the Fonz (or even the Foz) Cannot honestly say at all!

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Fonzie

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Kapkao,

Fonzie wrote:
...yet infected and trapped by the germ of pride...as if man doesn't need God - has "evolved" and is really "something"

You don't know me very well.   I personally don't believe humans are really "something", I consider them to be evolution's most successful failure and unlike your make-believe God if I chose to flood the Earth it would be with a mind to leaving no human survivors at all.  Besides, I could never worship a God who was foolish enough to create humanity in the first place.  Does that sound like I believe humans are really "something" ?

Fonzie wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

But God,  just like Nebuchadnezzer II in Daniel chapter 3, likes to encourage that "love" with the threat of  fiery torment. Oh sure you've still got free will, but let God narrow down the options just to encourage you to make the right choice.  Fear... it works every time !

Fonzie wrote:

I just wanted to post monty python-related smiley.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
ATHEISTS FROZEN IN ANTARCTIC ICE

Kapkao wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Kapkao,

Fonzie wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

I just wanted to post monty python-related smiley.

KK,

All the responses - except for the misapplied Scripture - have again no substance and you have returned with el-zilch-o.  If atheists are to be known as the world's thinkers they need to come up with something other than only ridicule or empty space because they are still frozen in their own lie - just like the Antarctic cruisers.  I guess you do prove how a brain and conscience can be made inoperative by dedicated exercise.  It would take practice to totally disregard the conscience (which knows there is a God) and cloak unbelief in a self-righteous stance.  Like the guy in NYC asking the cabbie, "How do you get to Madison Square Garden"? - "practice, practice" - and in this case "practice", "practice" gets you to the wonderland of nothingness.  But...you do have the joys of atheist applause and getting caught up in the stream of fellow sweet nothings and animated characters.  

You notice all atheists are high wits of ridicule but no atheist has posted the Way, the Truth or the Life for atheists - it simply doesn't exist.  What is the difference between the atheist and the ox?  The ox KNOWS his master.  Other than that they both like breakfast every morning.  

No far thinking atheist has filled in the blank of where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going.  There have been references to "helping" people which has never been clearly described - since said "help" would have to do with a sense, some sense of meaning of life itself.  So, the atheist evidently prides himself in blowing off serious questions like these, and whistles by the graveyard - and is proud of his lack of observation (atheist pride?).  Which, BTW, all atheists are free to do.  They aren't breathing my air or walking on my world or frying my eggs.  So yes "free, free indeed" - but isn't it...free to be stupid?  What else would it be if there is such a serious question with an undeniable deadline and - as a group you are flying the flag of "this is better" but won't reveal what "THIS" - "BETTER" is?  

As far as getting to know you - the mention of "giving up Christianity" (or some form of that) - giving up on whatever - and being so happy with that...it doesn't illuminate the personality or understanding of "why" that is so great when there is no mention of the "better thing" that has been found and how it applies to life.  I am left then with the standard view of somebody who quits, gives up, can't hack it.  I think you know what that is. 

Then the "poe" comes in with his/her false impressions of God, Scripture, Jesus and Life in Christ.  It is great to know the Truth and be Free of such false impressions I tell you.  And I invite you - I consult your "will" - to reconsider the Truth, the Way, The LORD, The Lamb of God Who shed His blood for us to free us from the trap of sin, and live with us eternally - which includes freeing us from false impressions.  

Seriously, anybody, look at the answers to this post and see if you find - nervous ridicule aside - blasphemy aside - "poe" rambling in search of an idea aside -  see if there is any substance in these answers, any guidance, any direction, any understanding, any real information.  I think the real truth of the atheist position is actually unpresentable.    

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

All your questions were answered before,

At least several times, if not more.

Why should one be so lame,

As to play the Troll's game,

When we know all You'll do is ignore?

πππ†
π†††

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote: KK,All the

Fonzie wrote:

KK,

All the responses - except for the misapplied Scripture - have again no substance and you have returned with el-zilch-o.  If atheists are to be known as the world's thinkers they need to come up with something other than only ridicule or empty space because they are still frozen in their own lie - just like the Antarctic cruisers.  I guess you do prove how a brain and conscience can be made inoperative by dedicated exercise.  It would take practice to totally disregard the conscience (which knows there is a God) and cloak unbelief in a self-righteous stance.  Like the guy in NYC asking the cabbie, "How do you get to Madison Square Garden"? - "practice, practice" - and in this case "practice", "practice" gets you to the wonderland of nothingness.  But...you do have the joys of atheist applause and getting caught up in the stream of fellow sweet nothings and animated characters. 

We get it, you have contempt for atheists because we refuse to give the thumbs up to your supernatural belief system.  We are fools in your eyes.   You possess the TRUTH™ and we are bound for Hell because we are in league with the DEVIL.    Got it.  Message received. 

Fonzie wrote:
No far thinking atheist has filled in the blank of where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going.

What answer could I possibly put forth that won't be torn down and ridiculed by you because it isn't combined with belief in a god / God ?   Uh, okay...we were created by God ( via Adam and Eve ) to be in fellowship with him and to serve him. Sin broke that relationship and God withdrew his presence.  Jesus restored the relationship by his sacrifice, his desire is that all people accept his salvation and spend eternity with him...THE END.   The only problem I have with it, is that it is no more believable to me than all the other religions that are equally unbelievable TO YOU.  Pot meet kettle.

Fonzie wrote:
Seriously, anybody, look at the answers to this post and see if you find - nervous ridicule aside - blasphemy aside - "poe" rambling in search of an idea aside -  see if there is any substance in these answers, any guidance, any direction, any understanding, any real information.  I think the real truth of the atheist position is actually unpresentable.

To hell with you, ( no pun intended )  I broke down your post and gave you specific responses to various points regarding ""atheist pride", the significance of evolution to my atheism ( ie, none ), whether I believe that humans are somehow special ( they aren't ), how your love starved God combines coercion ( fear ) to so-called free will and provided you with his human counterpart from the book of Daniel.

You just blew by my post in the most tangential way and declared it irrelevant.  Fine, now that we understand where you are coming from I can only surmise that your continued presence here lacks any altruistic motive and that you are simply here to pontificate upon your enlightened spiritual status and to wag your righteous finger in our faces, because you know you Christians are according to Matthew 5:13-14 the "salt of the Earth" and the "light of the world"....to which I can only shake my head with incredulity.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
'Spock'¬ian eyebrow raised

> Spock¬ian eyebrow raised

To the OP (again not exclusively)

''.. Her indifference is unsettling.

Janeway asks Seven,
           I'm curious . . . what was your name . . . before you were ----- ?

Seven of Nine
          Do not engage us in further irrelevant discourse.
         Clearly, she (Seven of Nine) is unresponsive to this "personal" approach. A tiny ALARM is
          heard. SEVEN OF NINE reacts''.

¬ Becoming Human :: (StarTrek) Seven of Nine Saga : Script Book

p.s. -- Sometimes we are unaware of how we come across, (you know)!

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
BREAKING IT DOWN FOR TOM AND MABEL

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

KK,

We get it, you have contempt for atheists because we refuse to give the thumbs up to your supernatural belief system.  We are fools in your eyes.   You possess the TRUTH™ and we are bound for Hell because we are in league with the DEVIL.    Got it.  Message received. 

Fonzie wrote:
No far thinking atheist has filled in the blank of where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going.

What answer could I possibly put forth that won't be torn down and ridiculed by you because it isn't combined with belief in a god / God ?   Uh, okay...we were created by God ( via Adam and Eve ) to be in fellowship with him and to serve him. Sin broke that relationship and God withdrew his presence.  Jesus restored the relationship by his sacrifice, his desire is that all people accept his salvation and spend eternity with him...THE END.   The only problem I have with it, is that it is no more believable to me than all the other religions that are equally unbelievable TO YOU.  Pot meet kettle.

Fonzie wrote:

To hell with you, ( no pun intended )  I broke down your post and gave you specific responses to various points regarding ""atheist pride", the significance of evolution to my atheism ( ie, none ), whether I believe that humans are somehow special ( they aren't ), how your love starved God combines coercion ( fear ) to so-called free will and provided you with his human counterpart from the book of Daniel.

You just blew by my post in the most tangential way and declared it irrelevant.  Fine, now that we understand where you are coming from I can only surmise that your continued presence here lacks any altruistic motive and that you are simply here to pontificate upon your enlightened spiritual status and to wag your righteous finger in our faces, because you know you Christians are according to Matthew 5:13-14 the "salt of the Earth" and the "light of the world"....to which I can only shake my head with incredulity.

PDW,

Well you obviously don't get it.  You have an idea what I'm thinking and what my attitude is and you target your impression.  What I'm asking for is YOUR thinking about life, death, the meaning of life, life after death and honestly there hasn't been any atheist missive (you are an atheist aren't you, I don't mean to insult you here but I understand you are a committed atheist).  Where better to find out what makes the atheist tick than the committed atheist rational response?  

It looks like just because you cut up a post and make some remarks about something unrelated you think you have "broken it down" and even "answered" the post.  If you think that's the case it explains why you think you (and others) have given "answers" but I contend you have not.  

What if I tried to decide what you (and atheists) are thinking like you do with me?  What if I said that you atheists think that when death happens, that's the end of Tom and Mabel.  Nice knowing them.  They came out of nowhere and went to nowhere.  They did some things that some thought were good so those have good memories of the couple and, ...well, that's it.  He liked trains.  She smoked but later quit and drank a little but made good biscuits.  And that's it, Jack.  Tom was a good bowler until he had to use a cane and it was downhill from there.  But the important thing we like about Tom and Mabel is that they didn't believe in God or anything!  That is what brings it home for us and makes a ordinarily dull story exciting and a CELEBRATION!  There are some other things they didn't do or didn't believe that are too numerous to mention but we do at least have these to treasure.  

When they looked up and saw the sky and stars and flowers and trees they knew that was just Pascal's wager because somebody told them - (until toward the end and Tom would say, "a, I used to know what all this stuff is but I forgot.  It's some kind of bet or something".  

You know I met a lady that was 112 once and her mind seemed to be good.  She drank coffee.  I wonder how Pascal ever wagered out coffee, but instead just think about how many times that lady's heart beat in 112 years!  I bet, in fact I would pass - wager - it was well designed.  I wonder what old Tom would say about that.  He might say, "Get outta my face you little believer!  I get it.  You don't like me....Tom!  Get this sporty; Tom doesn't believe anything - getter got it!"  Old Tom was a fighter I tell you. You couldn't slip up with anything like that with Tom.  Way to go Tom!  Dead and gone!  Don't believe it Tom!  Want a biscuit?   

So death, nothing happening there.  We've settled that.  Birth?  Now that's kinda interesting as far as accidents go.  I won't bore you with what starts it all but think of the accidental development and liquid to air transition!  Ah, but that's nothing.  That's evolution 50 million years ago so it's old and boring stuff and nothing new or amazing there and don't you say it is.  

Ok, now, the MEANING OF LIFE for atheists.  Life is a happening.  You live.  It's a thing you do before you die and after you evolve.  And life means - do what you want to do because that's life.  And if you want to do it there must be a reason - but we're not talking meaning here, just the excuse you come up with for doing something. You can say, "That's just me!" because you wanted to do it and there is no higher reason, bub.  "Take your reasons and get outa here before I use a word us atheists use when we see reasons getting tedious, chapter and verse, a line here, a line there, here a little, there a little like that Book we don't believe that tries to tell us something!"  "We don't need any reasons or information about reasons and we don't believe it OR LIKE IT when we hear it!"  

Life, birth, death, now - help.  Tom and Mabel helped their fellow man along the way so they go to a special nowhere worthy of mention.  They helped some other people see that they shouldn't be fooled either.  They saw it spring up and batted it down, batted it and made it a fool's party.  They helped 'em see there is nothing to this life but life and biscuits, cigarettes (if) and coffee.  Man does not live by bread alone, he must have cigarettes and coffee.  We're just joking here but, fellow atheists, life is a joke!  

So how am I doing here PDW?  

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
The way we were . .

Re :: The way we were

danatemporary wrote:
Re:: Fonz Am I doing my search all wrong ???
Fonzie wrote:
..And do you remember the words of Agur son of Jakeh of Massa, "The man says to Ithiel, to Ithiel and Ucal: 'Surely I am too stupid to be a man. I have not the understanding of a man. I have not learned wisdom, nor have I knowledge of the Holy One.
Finding comments 'about' Agur son of Jakeh online, leads to this (via one route):

Was wanting some more on this Agur son of Jakeh,. Admittedly, a few may even find this generally uninformed in the bringing of this up .. however: Carried off an insult, and made off with the remark, your decision. But I bothered to make a search of the background information on Agur son of Jakeh, YOU mentioned though. Which leads (unexceptedly) to Whitherspoon's famous passage mentioning him, a Agur son of Jakeh, in the following:

"All of our wants are perfectly known to the Almighty, he writes, he is also the best judge of what is good for us, and therefore our position should be weighed and expressed in such terms to leave is much of himself, as to the measured manner of our satisfaction .. You have an example of this pious and prudent conduct, in the prayer of the decisionist/Prophet Agur, just as is read in many of your hearing.. All of his requests are summed up in two hopes, the humble and holy is founded upon the divine promise, as by the on demand nothing was attempting to give you him anything is agreeable with his will, He hears us .. are conceived the following terms, and move far away for me the vanity and lies, give me neither the desires of my heart nor the deception that is caused by self (paraphrased)'"

A little oddly, That in turn goes to a link on matters of the heart. And directly led (specifically led) to a YouTube video, I'll share a minor portion of beginning part, starts out:

"There's a common worldly phrase you hear out there that says. "Just follow your heart" or "Just go with your heart" You know that is extractly wrong advise biblically, the worst advise. We are to lead our heart in the way it should go .. we are to lead our hearts to god. You can see this in Numbers 15 :38-40 “Speak to the children of Israel: Tell them to make tassels on the corners of their garments throughout their generations, and to put a blue thread in the tassels of the corners. 39 And you shall have the tassel, that you may look upon it and remember all the commandments of the Lord and do them, and that you may not follow the harlotry to which your own heart and your own eyes are inclined, 40 and that you may remember and do all My commandments, and be holy for your god". So god is pretty clear, I want you to set up tassels to physically remind you to go after Me, .. Not to go by your own heart and your own eyes your own understanding or your own feelings . And what you want to do. You see, the bible says, insists the YouTubist, we are to lead our own heart and not to follow after our heart. To set up physical reminder to you, [if you will]. In Prov. 23:17 Do not let your heart envy sinners, But be zealous for the fear of the Lord all the day; 18 For surely there is a hereafter, And your hope will not be cut off. So dont let your heart have its' way. We hear he who trusts in his own heart is a fool. Why does it say that he who trusts in his own heart is a fool ? Well, Jesus said, in Matthew, verse 18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies..", again are out of the heart. In Jer 17 7 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, And whose hope is the Lord. 8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit. 9 “The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it? 10 I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings.'" Then out of the blue, sudden crash and the Blue screen of Death at the very moment it was starting to get good. Stubbornly curious traces of reactions. Any suggestions or thoughts you'd like 'to share' with the board Fonzie on this search I indicated ? Or did you find similar search results, too ?? Though apparently it is hard to understand not 'all things' are directed towards you. That said, More frankly curious at your own reply to this!!

Nu 3591 . .

The OP is great for projection, again the OP is great for projection, however couldn't always fully appreciate these surroundings. People derived and find meaning from many things, this can be taken from many cues; that is not equivalent to genuine meaninglessness as is suggested in the  use of language  with Fonzie. It doesnt hinge on if you can personally see it or not!! Look, At least know the position before you care to comment on the position, it pays to know it first.

Oh, Then there's the line.  Loving those that love you is easy. They say, It becomes more of a challenge when you extend your love to someone more or less well-known to you and that love is ignored, rejected or thrown back in your face.  It happens, probably more than we would like as a common experience due to people are selfish by nature (new and old). I find people aren't incredibly easy to access or come across as 'approachable' when they are not interested in extending the necessary trust in one another.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:So how am I

Fonzie wrote:

So how am I doing here PDW?  

...how would I know without a "God" to tell me ? 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Long time since I visited

Long time since I visited this thread. Probably be just as long before I return. Anything with a few thousand posts is too daunting. My visit this time can be credited to a spam influx I've mercilessly hunted down. This is the last stop. While I'm here anyway....

Fonzie wrote:

What I'm asking for is YOUR thinking about life, death, the meaning of life, life after death

Life is.
Death is.
The meaning of life is subjective. If you want my opinion, the meaning of life is to enjoy yourself without hurting others unnecessarily.
Life after death is exceptionally unlikely, and quite undesirable. Why would anyone want to exist forever? Even if it took a trillion years, it would inevitably become too boring for anyone to endure. Chances are most people would hsve had enough after a few centuries.

Fonzie wrote:
but I understand you are a committed atheist)

I think you don't understand where a lot of atheists come from. Certainly there might be some who are committed, but I haven't met one. The fact is that if most or all of us were given indisputable proof of a god, we woundn't be atheists anymore. That doesn't necessarily mean we'd have faith in said god, but we'd certainly believe it existed. None of the frequent posters here are committed to atheism. We've simply never encountered anything to suggest a god exists.

The rest of that post is a bunch of rambling that seems to imply that life has no value without a god. That one can do nothing of substance and will quickly be forgotten. I find such a suggestion insulting to my intelligence. Every day I interact with people and change their lives, and they mine. Those changes propagate as we all continue to encounter new people and new changes. They propagate over distance and time. Some changes are miniscule and irrelevant, others are profound and change the world. I have done more in my short life than any god I've heard of can claim over untold millenia.The fact I exist is reflected by everyone who I've personally effected, and anyone effected by my effects on someone else. After I'm long dead the changes I made in people will continue to change others in a chain reaction that may very well outlive our entire species. I'll take that over imaginary friends any day.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

The Troll had already admitted it was the BIGGEST LOSER, by projecting the title onto Its enemies.  Yet even from beyond the detox unit, It continued to clamor for more.  And sadly, the good children were happy to oblige, motivated by their belief in Nothing.

Paul Benjamin kept drawing the Troll into a vigilante battle, despite knowing that Prozac for Lithium was not fair exchange.

Dr. Dana continued offering therapy through free association of random jpegs.

And the Canadian Gamer stopped by to Roll The Bones, rather than bidding A Farewell To Trolls, once and for all.

Of course...it was still quite easy to duplicate the Troll's output:

Quote:
Life is. Death is. The meaning of life is subjective. If you want my opinion, the meaning of life is to enjoy yourself without hurting others unnecessarily. Life after death is exceptionally unlikely, and quite undesirable. Why would anyone want to exist forever? Even if it took a trillion years, it would inevitably become too boring for anyone to endure. Chances are most people would hsve had enough after a few centuries.

god is.  

Nothing isn't.  

If you want god's opinion (which is fact), the meaning of life is to get into heaven and enjoy forever with jesus.  god has existed forever, and hasn't gotten bored yet.  Rather, he's hanging on the edge of his Cross, waiting for you to accept what he offers.

Quote:
I think you don't understand where a lot of atheists come from. Certainly there might be some who are committed, but I haven't met one. The fact is that if most or all of us were given indisputable proof of a god, we woundn't be atheists anymore. That doesn't necessarily mean we'd have faith in said god, but we'd certainly believe it existed. None of the frequent posters here are committed to atheism. We've simply never encountered anything to suggest a god exists. The rest of that post is a bunch of rambling that seems to imply that life has no value without a god. That one can do nothing of substance and will quickly be forgotten. I find such a suggestion insulting to my intelligence. Every day I interact with people and change their lives, and they mine. Those changes propagate as we all continue to encounter new people and new changes. They propagate over distance and time. Some changes are miniscule and irrelevant, others are profound and change the world. I have done more in my short life than any god I've heard of can claim over untold millenia.The fact I exist is reflected by everyone who I've personally effected, and anyone effected by my effects on someone else. After I'm long dead the changes I made in people will continue to change others in a chain reaction that may very well outlive our entire species. I'll take that over imaginary friends any day.

I understand that atheists come from the same place we all come from -- Adam & Eve.  The indisputable proof of god is all around you, and yet you dispute it.  jesus will continue to change others and remove the chain of sin, long after being dead then alive again.  

πππ†
π†††

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
What immortal hand or eye Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Multi-axial plane of motion, to take a step, to walk

Re ::  Multi-axial plane of motion, to take a step, to walk

(?)  Ps CXLIV:III   O LORD, what is man, that You take knowledge of him? Or the son of man, that You think or take account of him?

Reminded of Blake's famous poem --

TIGER, tyger, burning bright    
In the forests of the night,    
What immortal hand or eye    
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?    

In what distant deeps or skies             
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?    
On what wings dare he aspire?    
What the hand dare seize the fire?    

And what shoulder and what art    
Could twist the sinews of thy heart?      
And when thy heart began to beat,    
What dread hand and what dread feet?    

What the hammer? what the chain?    
In what furnace was thy brain?    
What the anvil? What dread grasp      
Dare its deadly terrors clasp?    

When the stars threw down their spears,    
And water'd heaven with their tears,    
Did He smile His work to see?    
Did He who made the lamb make thee?      

Tiger, tiger, burning bright    
In the forests of the night,    
What immortal hand or eye    
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

¬ William Blake (The Oxford Book of English Verse)

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote: The

zarathustra wrote:

The Troll had already admitted it was the BIGGEST LOSER, by projecting the title onto Its enemies.  Yet even from beyond the detox unit, It continued to clamor for more.  And sadly, the good children were happy to oblige, motivated by their belief in Nothing.

Paul Benjamin kept drawing the Troll into a vigilante battle, despite knowing that Prozac for Lithium was not fair exchange.

Dr. Dana continued offering therapy through free association of random jpegs.

And the Canadian Gamer stopped by to Roll The Bones, rather than bidding A Farewell To Trolls, once and for all.

Of course...it was still quite easy to duplicate the Troll's output:

Quote:
Life is. Death is. The meaning of life is subjective. If you want my opinion, the meaning of life is to enjoy yourself without hurting others unnecessarily. Life after death is exceptionally unlikely, and quite undesirable. Why would anyone want to exist forever? Even if it took a trillion years, it would inevitably become too boring for anyone to endure. Chances are most people would hsve had enough after a few centuries.

god is.  

Nothing isn't.  

If you want god's opinion (which is fact), the meaning of life is to get into heaven and enjoy forever with jesus.  god has existed forever, and hasn't gotten bored yet.  Rather, he's hanging on the edge of his Cross, waiting for you to accept what he offers.

Quote:
I think you don't understand where a lot of atheists come from. Certainly there might be some who are committed, but I haven't met one. The fact is that if most or all of us were given indisputable proof of a god, we woundn't be atheists anymore. That doesn't necessarily mean we'd have faith in said god, but we'd certainly believe it existed. None of the frequent posters here are committed to atheism. We've simply never encountered anything to suggest a god exists. The rest of that post is a bunch of rambling that seems to imply that life has no value without a god. That one can do nothing of substance and will quickly be forgotten. I find such a suggestion insulting to my intelligence. Every day I interact with people and change their lives, and they mine. Those changes propagate as we all continue to encounter new people and new changes. They propagate over distance and time. Some changes are miniscule and irrelevant, others are profound and change the world. I have done more in my short life than any god I've heard of can claim over untold millenia.The fact I exist is reflected by everyone who I've personally effected, and anyone effected by my effects on someone else. After I'm long dead the changes I made in people will continue to change others in a chain reaction that may very well outlive our entire species. I'll take that over imaginary friends any day.

I understand that atheists come from the same place we all come from -- Adam & Eve.  The indisputable proof of god is all around you, and yet you dispute it.  jesus will continue to change others and remove the chain of sin, long after being dead then alive again.  

I'm going to hit you. Smiling

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
The patchwork quilt of our lives sewn together

Re :: The patchwork quilt of our lives sewn together

Quote:
All the responses - except for the misapplied Scripture

@Me.   I'll whimper a soft "Hi" ,twice even, in a necessary direction . .

Excerpt --

'' An Angel sat before each of us sewing our quilt  squares together into a tapestry that is our life .. each life was to be displayed, held up to the light, the scrutiny of truth..

in hopes that I would not melt within my skin beneath the judgmental gaze of those who unfairly judged me; which I endured painfully . . ''

Partial txt .. Online source text :: 'http://www.goatlocker.org/ncpoa/articles/quilt.htm'

Deliciously irresistible,  is this  quote -- ''ACCEPTANCE IS THE WAY OF THE UNIVERSE''  ¬The Master of Zenn-La.

Unrelated  ::  directional bearings . . (unrelated to this Thread's OP or page):

No one hath promised smooth & no winding roads, wide to glide. Easy swift travel, needing of no guide. Never a long moment of the valley of tears. Never a mountain, steep and rocky.  Never a river turbid and deep to traverse.

Hitherto Unknown to all this the very dear merry band of misfits . .

Reference from Tinkerbell and The Great Divide by The McClain Sisters  (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adONcZO_Bhg

YouTube  Url/Link :: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adONcZO_Bhg  ..And the great divide, doesnt seem so wide ..anymore.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Closer than a (quote) 'heartbeat'

And whatever you do, in word or in deed, . . .

Closer than a (quote) 'heartbeat' . . .

{http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-ZGA0zUy3c} Url/Link  YouTube :: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-ZGA0zUy3c

For any first time visitors or lurkers, thinking things through, (sometimes) there is a brief witty interplay between threads. Always pays off  to pay attention to those time-stamps as you are clued in.

--   --   --

p.p.s  --  Perhaps I have learned something you havent, so rarely are people as 'unprepared' for things as any of us might fear; I might be little concerned over what constituted concerns of others, at times.  Honestly  I could understand a few  would have  an overwhelming degree of concern about any given post of mine, kindly do find it in your heart to reserve judgment. I NEVER go by any given post myself (fortunately), a good thing to learn. 

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
THE TIMES THEY TRULY ARE - BUT... CHANGING AS WELL

Vastet wrote:
Long time since I visited this thread. Probably be just as long before I return. Anything with a few thousand posts is too daunting. My visit this time can be credited to a spam influx I've mercilessly hunted down. This is the last stop. While I'm here anyway....  

Life is. Death is. The meaning of life is subjective. If you want my opinion, the meaning of life is to enjoy yourself without hurting others unnecessarily. Life after death is exceptionally unlikely, and quite undesirable. Why would anyone want to exist forever? Even if it took a trillion years, it would inevitably become too boring for anyone to endure. Chances are most people would hsve had enough after a few centuries.

I think you don't understand where a lot of atheists come from. Certainly there might be some who are committed, but I haven't met one. The fact is that if most or all of us were given indisputable proof of a god, we woundn't be atheists anymore. That doesn't necessarily mean we'd have faith in said god, but we'd certainly believe it existed. None of the frequent posters here are committed to atheism. We've simply never encountered anything to suggest a god exists.

The rest of that post is a bunch of rambling that seems to imply that life has no value without a god. That one can do nothing of substance and will quickly be forgotten. I find such a suggestion insulting to my intelligence. Every day I interact with people and change their lives, and they mine. Those changes propagate as we all continue to encounter new people and new changes. They propagate over distance and time. Some changes are miniscule and irrelevant, others are profound and change the world. I have done more in my short life than any god I've heard of can claim over untold millenia.The fact I exist is reflected by everyone who I've personally effected, and anyone effected by my effects on someone else. After I'm long dead the changes I made in people will continue to change others in a chain reaction that may very well outlive our entire species. I'll take that over imaginary friends any day.

Vast - Canadian - et,

Thanks for your straightforward answer; however,  I think what you are rejecting is admittedly to you an "unknown God" and along with it "a false impression" of communion with God (which is real and available now - not pie in the sky, bye and bye, cum ba ya, etc.).  

You also reject the principle of faith by which these things are obtained - a powerful principle to use wrongly or rightly.  (Yours admittedly is infected by Canadian pride.  But, like you say - things can change).

You are also way off on your comparison between your own "righteousness" and the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD redeeming us in Christ.  There's no comparison.  Our own "righteousness" is filthy rags compared to the Wedding Garment offered by God.  

The Bible says the gospel is the power of God to those that believe - but foolishness to those being lost (which is the definition of  BIGGEST LOSER).   

Furthermore...if atheism is a well that you have drunk deep from, has satisfied your thirst for what you thought were good things - let me just kindly say rather frankly that you haven't brought much to show for it.  I would think you would find it reasonable to direct your faith elsewhere.

As far as spiritual things and "IN THE BEGINNING GOD" (proving God???),  Jesus was always trying to "ramp people up" to see the unseen eternal things - i.e. parables, figures, questions, answers, HIS EXAMPLE - all to make it as easy as possible for people to see the Light; however if your faith in Jesus is ZERO you have nothing with which to invest.  If you really want to check it out you may have to do violence to your pride  and ask God for a penny's worth to invest.