It works for me!

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
It works for me!

Faith in Jesus works for me - it's exciting.  I love the Bible and believe all of it - though there is mystery.  There is mystery everywhere though, right?  I am a incredibly happy believer in Jesus.  I'm not a theologian, I just believe in Jesus.

I understand you can't make anybody believe in Jesus and the Bible, and I don't personally try to do that.  But I highly recommend it from my experience with it.  I can't get enough of the Bible or Jesus.  I can't imagine trying to navigate through life without it at this point in my life. 

I don't think Jesus or God is a thing you can prove to somebody.  I heard about it a large percentage of my life and it didn't mean anything to me until a certain point - then that all changed. 

So do you guys think that I'm fooling myself, not really happy, you don't believe me, or do you really think I can't be as happy or enlightened as you - are you evangelistic in that sense or what?  What is the purpose of this site?   Do you have something better to offer?  If so, what is your gospel? 

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
THERE'S BEEN A DELAY - BEHOLD, IT'S COMING SOON - REALLY

zarathustra wrote:

The Troll gnashed Its gums with indignance.  What It claimed were but little white lies, glared with harsh dishonesty when held under a black light.  

Hoping to deceive the good, little children, It conveniently rewrote the "necessarily objective news" of years before:

Quote:
Meph, I have excellent news for you.

In review of the content of this thread over the last 8 months, I have called a moderator panel to discuss your actions. The reason for doing this is because your behavior clearly fits the behavior pattern that on internet forums is identified as "trolling". If you wish to find more about this wonderful label, you may do so on Wikipedia. Anyway, moderators unaffiliated with this thread (ie, are not involved in the discussion in this thread) have stated that given that I have given you multiple warnings about not contributing to the discussion and refusing to argue with your interlocutors or address their points, your thread is wasting colossal bandwidth and this means, to put it nicely, you are a waste of space, and the moderators explicitly stated that based on your actions and the associated repeated warnings, I am within every right under the rules of this forum to ban you immediately.

Now, I do not wish to ban you immediately because I find this exercise amusing in a sadistic sort of way. However, if you do not address your interlocutors (read: me) properly in your next post by addressing their arguments, (read: the long post which you ignored), then I shall have no choice but to ban you. Your existence here serves no purpose other than to humiliate yourself and your inability to argue. It was this that kept your thread alive for the last 8 months. The moderators (especially me) felt that you were so phenomenally stupid that you made us look very good by comparison so we kept this alive for laughs. However, with the exceeding of 1000 posts, the overwhelming redundancy of this demonstration has convinced us that your account should be terminated immediately. Unfortunately, there is no forum rule against stupidity. That is not the charge on which we made the decision. Trolling, however, is explicitly against the forum rules and there has been unanimous concensus that this is precisely what you are doing. As I have stated before, I shall take into account your next post, and the no doubt wonderfully eloquent and debate-worthy content it shall produce...or not. Be aware that it is within my power to terminate your account and I shall not be abusing any moderator privelages in doing so, in fact, I have exercised great patience in not doing so despite being given explicit permission to do so at least six months ago, and I shall shed no tears over the death of this thread, so perhaps you ought to make this next post one of fair quality.

It remained to be seen whether the good, little children would continue tossing pabulum into Its gaping maws, or leave the Troll to take Its medicine.

Zara,

This thing you dug up accuses me of not debating the issues (HA) - but... I'd like to know Zara if you EVER have a thought of your own.  You always come on as a mime-chime of somebody else's ideas.  I challenged you in #3329 to give me 100 % Zara with no guile addressing some issues and funny thing - I can't find that you ever answered...did you?  Huh?  Here it is again so YOU can do what you accused me of not doing - answer the issues: 

Mr or Mrs or Ms Zarathrustra:  

You didn't understand.  Leave me totally out of it.  Just tell why you like atheism.  Don't relate it to mocking Jesus or Christianity or God or me, ("the troll).  You are an individual, right, totally independent of me (the "troll) God, Jesus, faith in things you don't have faith in, the Holy Spirit, etc., etc.?  So you are a thinking guy or girl - are you not?  Atheists are thinkers and individuals, real people, right?  What is it that motivates you, Zarathrustra that only relates to atheism?  You have a "reality" you are living in, right?  I'm asking you to share your reality.

Ah, yes, ...the double standard - various weights and measures for various positions.  But, but, it's not only an unspoken policy, it's a denied one.  It just may represent the atheist's showroom example of objective reality.  

THIS IS IT!!!  THIS IS THE REAL DEAL!!!

AGAIN, AGAIN.....AGAIN, WHAT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR, PLEASE WELCOME FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE THINKING MAN (OR WOMAN)'S THINKING MAN (OR WOMAN)....ZARATHRUSTRA!!!! WITH HIS OWN THOUGHTS ON THINKING,  LIFE, DEATH, WHATEVER, ......

THE ONE AND ONLY....ZARATHRUSTRA!!!! ....

AGAIN, PLEASE GIVE IT UP FOR ....ZARATHURSTA...with his own thoughts on....something......anything.....one....thing....

DELAY SORRY

There's been a little delay, only because the atheist has been carefully receiving input from 100 % reality and adjusting his/her perspective and view and enlarging his/her reality, only operating on facts, things that can be proved, living and moving in that reality.

Now, we have a presentation here, COMING UP of the result of that thinking and study, consideration and adjustment of that evaluation.  And this friends is to be presented TOTALLY APART from God and the Bible (which does NOT concern the atheist because to him/her (all that to him/her being dream-ville) DOES NOT exist (thus no reason to address that non reality at all or evaluate it and adjust), and here we have, apart from any criticism of believers (in said God and Bible, Jesus, Salvation in Jesus, Holy Spirit, resurrection, etc., etc.,) - no concerns there either fellow real thinkers.  The atheist considers that nut-ville, dreamland, de-nada. Why should he address what to him is not reality, not real, not worth considering or adjusting his consideration.  

No, he is concerned with reality.  He studies reality.  He considers only reality.  (GRAVITY would be one example - "you can fall" is one very real conclusion and helpful warning)  But there's more - much much (mucho) more.  He has no faith (he could even be said to hate faith) in anything or anybody unless it's another student only of reality then he receives reality and consideration thereof from them without venturing into faith - pure reality to pure reality - here a little and there a little - and little by little they share reality (and thereby multiply reality and life therein) and the conclusions  only made from prove-able scientific reality are admitted.  

And, we (fellow man, hoi polloi, waiting with bated breath to be helped) are going to be treated to that here on site - RRSQ - the results, what the atheist is soundly sure of, the proved, the tested, the considered, the adjusted, possibly  leads and links into even more reality, pure, helpful, and completely devoid of any mockery or criticism of God, Jesus, believers, Bible, Holy Spirit, faith, etc., etc.. 

Stay tuned, it's coming, it's developing, it's being inputted, developed, tested, considered, and is about to be shared here without guile.....

IT'S COMING  IT'S COMING  IT'S COMING .....REALLY

Wait for its coming..... helping mankind, from your friendly atheist neighbors....

PURE ATHEIST REALITY AND LIFE VIEW WITHOUT GUILE OR MOCKERY OF NON REALITY

HEAR YE !  HEAR YE !

What is coming will be focused on atheist reality.  We are not going to see Zara change the subject or revert to "mime", "el mocko" or "el faitho".  We are laser focused on atheist reality here...devoid of spurious and rash acts of demonization.  We are moving forward and the moment is historic and cornerstonic to the "atheist vs theist" debate.  The gauntlet is to be laid down. The essence, the bedrock, the mother-lode of atheism is to be exposed and the treasury laid bare of atheist wealth.  We get to peer in the ark of reality - the atheist wonder.  

NO SLANDER, NO MENTION OF FAITH, NO BLASPHEMY OF GOD (WHO TO THE ATHEIST DOES NOT EXIST AND THE ATHEIST WILL SHOW US WHY, BECAUSE WHAT HE HAS IS BETTER THAT'S WHY) , NO SMEARING OF FAITH, NO MOCKING OF THEISM, JUST PLAIN ATHEIST ATHEISM.

HERE IT IS, HERE IT COMES, WHAT IT IS, WHAT IT WAS AND WHAT IT SHALL BE ! ! !   

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Fonzie wrote:
Quote:
Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.

severalth + 50± µ3 time

Zara,

I never did say I didn't create the "what faith you" thread did I?  So what's the point?  I am neither Mephibosheth nor Fonzie and I'm pretty sure you are not Zarathustra.  But I know that Jesus is the Son of God and died for my sins - yours too if you accept the gift of grace. 

I think this is my favorite instance of Mephibosheth/Fonzie never saying he didn't create that thread:

On November 22, 2009, Fonzie wrote:
Anonymouse wrote:
Again, a simple question (dodged more times than I can count) : Have you been on this forum before, and did you make the threads "PALACE LIFE", and "What faith you" ?
 McFly, my name is not meth.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
ZARA 100% GUILE FREE - FAIL

zarathustra wrote:

Fonzie wrote:
Quote:
Did you create the "what faith you" thread? That would be the thread titled "what faith you"; created by the user named "mephibosheth" on September 6, 2007 - 5:57pm, and which can be found here.

severalth + 50± µ3 time

Zara,

I never did say I didn't create the "what faith you" thread did I?  So what's the point?  I am neither Mephibosheth nor Fonzie and I'm pretty sure you are not Zarathustra.  But I know that Jesus is the Son of God and died for my sins - yours too if you accept the gift of grace. 

I think this is my favorite instance of Mephibosheth/Fonzie never saying he didn't create that thread:

On November 22, 2009, Fonzie wrote:
Anonymouse wrote:
Again, a simple question (dodged more times than I can count) : Have you been on this forum before, and did you make the threads "PALACE LIFE", and "What faith you" ?
 McFly, my name is not meth.

Zara,

Couldn't do it could you.  Attacking me doesn't represent a plan of life BTW.  You know as well as I do if you want to understand (mis-understand) a statement you can.  

If you want to be honest with yourself, you can.  

If you just want to mock - anything - not hard to do, anybody can.

But... when ask about YOUR view, your plan, your idea, your generator for the work of "help of fellow man"   (that vacant idea that's hidden behind here)  what do you produce Zara, but a mockery that only proves my point that aside from your mockery - nothing's cooking and nobody's home.

I invite you to try again________________________

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Couldn't help

Fonzie wrote:

Couldn't help throwing in a slander to the Bible could you, whatever.  Habits are habits, but the atheist has surely moved on from disdain of the Bible.  He has surely totally dismissed it and isn't even remotely concerned about what he regards as irrelevant.

Slander implies that what I said about it was false. Is it true or false that the bible remains the same regardless of what kind of evidence is available against it? 

Fonzie wrote:

I would think you were also bored with the gravity conclusion by kindergarten, so if we could move on to the array that faces every man.  Maybe you're too afraid of grand worshipful atheists' critical eye to branch out beyond gravity to show how atheism applies to life between 5 am and 5 am that doesn't fit under the convenient but faithful force of gravity.  Avoid falling, got it, careful when cleaning the gutter.  I'll give you one of my evidenced conclusions BTW - fear of man is a trap.

I think gravity is quite fascinating and something that obviously applies to every piece of matter on this planet 24/7, which is why I used it as an example. All you have illustrated is that you have a kindergarten level understanding of gravity.  

Fonzie wrote:

So how have you gathered evidence and come to conclusions about knowing and understanding other people?  Isn't it hard to gather evidence from just what you see? How do you KNOW what's behind the "green door" so to speak, the "unseen" and "un-evidenced" other man?  Doesn't it become a faith thing to be tested and refined?  

Have you had faith in people for instance with respect to honesty only to find out your evidence was faulty?  We know how to figure the acceleration of gravity, yes, but where do you get the 32 sec/sec formula for honesty and the input for the unknowns?

Of course my experience of the world is extremely limited because I will only experience a very small portion of the world. But what else do I have? I meet people, I make guesses and then I collect evidence through my interactions with them and change my assumptions about them as the evidence suggests. Of course I often find that my assumptions are faulty, hence the point of being willing to gather more evidence and change my beliefs. Exactly like humanities initial assumptions about gravity have been proved incorrect and so gravitational theory has been modified to adjust for the new evidence. Of course, with my personal interactions there are far fewer people studying them than people who study gravity so I am more likely left to my own devices rather than being able to buy a book written by a genius.

Fonzie wrote:

And how do you gather evidence to conclude what is right and wrong?  

I live and learn. I suspect you do exactly the same thing. How do you learn whether or not someone is trustworthy? You trust them with small things and increasingly trust them with more. Any day you might find that someone you thought was trustworthy for 20 years isn't. That is life. 

Fonzie wrote:

And do you think there is a standard that can be found though hidden?  

No. 

Fonzie wrote:

If you find evidence of it then does it apply to others?  

Sometimes. I will generally be more apt to trust someone who is trusted by someone I trust than I am some stranger. I assume that my friends are more likely to trust someone I vouch for. 

Fonzie wrote:

And isn't this cumbersome?

Life can be cumbersome sometimes.

Fonzie wrote:

When you go to an unknown place do you like to get a map or just drive around until you find what you're looking for?

Depends on my mood and purpose. Sometimes I like to explore, other times I pull out the gps.  

Fonzie wrote:

Isn't a lot of life an unknown place?  

No matter how much I learn before I die, I will die knowing an incredibly small portion of everything there is to know. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

The Troll had finally begun to take Its socialized medicine, and was perhaps on the road to recovery.  However, the Capitalist Snow Dog, moved by compassion, tossed It a few morsels to write off as a charitable contribution.  

Nevertheless, it was still quite easy to duplicate the Troll's output:

Quote:
Slander implies that what I said about it was false. Is it true or false that the bible remains the same regardless of what kind of evidence is available against it?

The bible is evidence.  To slander the bible is to slander the Truth.

Quote:
I think gravity is quite fascinating and something that obviously applies to every piece of matter on this planet 24/7, which is why I used it as an example. All you have illustrated is that you have a kindergarten level understanding of gravity.

jesus is fascinating and applies to every soul that accepts Him.   You can graduate to Heaven if you make your heart like a kindergartner.  Or carry on like you know everything, and go the permanent detention of Hell. 

Quote:
Of course my experience of the world is extremely limited because I will only experience a very small portion of the world. But what else do I have? I meet people, I make guesses and then I collect evidence through my interactions with them and change my assumptions about them as the evidence suggests. Of course I often find that my assumptions are faulty, hence the point of being willing to gather more evidence and change my beliefs.

My experience knows no limits because it comes from the Source of infinite wisdom and goodness.  There are no faulty assumptions once you accept the Truth of jesus.

Quote:

I live and learn. I suspect you do exactly the same thing. How do you learn whether or not someone is trustworthy? You trust them with small things and increasingly trust them with more. Any day you might find that someone you thought was trustworthy for 20 years isn't. That is life.

I trust the One who gave his life for me, Who is trustworthy for all eternity.

Quote:

Not as cumbersome as the cross our Lord carried so that our lives could be unencumbered.

Quote:
No matter how much I learn before I die, I will die knowing an incredibly small portion of everything there is to know. 

I will die having learned the most important Lesson of all.  You are welcome to learn it, too.  Jesus is always looking for new students, and class is always in session.

πππ†
π†††

Jimenezj
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Latin

You want evidence yet when evidence is presented, you Reject it. Why?
There is more evidence for a created universal order then there is for
Random chance . There is more evidence on Jesus Christ than any other
Person that ever existed during that time. There is plenty of archeological
Evidence on both the old and new testament . All you have to do is ;research and find out.

appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence for a no God. 

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
UNINFLUENCED AND UNEQUIPPED - BY BLIND VOLITION...OR NOT?

Beyond Saving wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Couldn't help throwing in a slander to the Bible could you, whatever.  Habits are habits, but the atheist has surely moved on from disdain of the Bible.  He has surely totally dismissed it and isn't even remotely concerned about what he regards as irrelevant.

Fonzie wrote:

I would think you were also bored with the gravity conclusion by kindergarten, so if we could move on to the array that faces every man.  Maybe you're too afraid of grand worshipful atheists' critical eye to branch out beyond gravity to show how atheism applies to life between 5 am and 5 am that doesn't fit under the convenient but faithful force of gravity.  Avoid falling, got it, careful when cleaning the gutter.  I'll give you one of my evidenced conclusions BTW - fear of man is a trap.

Fonzie wrote:

So how have you gathered evidence and come to conclusions about knowing and understanding other people?  Isn't it hard to gather evidence from just what you see? How do you KNOW what's behind the "green door" so to speak, the "unseen" and "un-evidenced" other man?  Doesn't it become a faith thing to be tested and refined?  

Have you had faith in people for instance with respect to honesty only to find out your evidence was faulty?  We know how to figure the acceleration of gravity, yes, but where do you get the 32 sec/sec formula for honesty and the input for the unknowns?

Of course my experience of the world is extremely limited because I will only experience a very small portion of the world. But what else do I have? I meet people, I make guesses and then I collect evidence through my interactions with them and change my assumptions about them as the evidence suggests. Of course I often find that my assumptions are faulty, hence the point of being willing to gather more evidence and change my beliefs. Exactly like humanities initial assumptions about gravity have been proved incorrect and so gravitational theory has been modified to adjust for the new evidence. Of course, with my personal interactions there are far fewer people studying them than people who study gravity so I am more likely left to my own devices rather than being able to buy a book written by a genius.

Fonzie wrote:

And how do you gather evidence to conclude what is right and wrong?  

Fonzie wrote:

And do you think there is a standard that can be found though hidden?  

No. 

Fonzie wrote:

If you find evidence of it then does it apply to others?  

Sometimes. I will generally be more apt to trust someone who is trusted by someone I trust than I am some stranger. I assume that my friends are more likely to trust someone I vouch for. 

Fonzie wrote:

And isn't this cumbersome?

Fonzie wrote:

When you go to an unknown place do you like to get a map or just drive around until you find what you're looking for?

Depends on my mood and purpose. Sometimes I like to explore, other times I pull out the gps.  

Fonzie wrote:

Isn't a lot of life an unknown place?  

BE,

Let's talk tools.  I bet something we have in common is an appreciation of tools.  It's hard to imagine going through this week doing what we do, accomplishing what we accomplish - without ANY tools.  

Yet, in the essence of life - the heart of the matter - this is what the atheist is trying to do.  And however hard it would be to overhaul a car or build a house with absolutely no tools - this task the atheist is about is infinitely more complicated and impossible.  

It's like trying to "raise the dead" without a "Deadraiser", yet being the "dead one" that needs raised.  Yet you - even in your user name - refuse even a moment's glance at an apprenticeship under the Master (Jesus and God His Father), complete with an array of new tools (all things made new - a new creation)  unfamiliar to you until you use them yourself, and a lifetime of discovery of new tools in His Word and Presence, the LORD working with you. 

Your plan is vague and will always be vague.  Your security tools are inadequate for the threats to your effort, your building tools are turd-hammers and toys.  Your products are whirligigs not substantial works.  This is the fate of all DIY'ers in the spiritual realm.  

Yet you are in the stream of life like us all - moving toward the waterfall of the next realm, and insisting on bringing your own accomplishments of your own design made with only the most primitive tools.  It won't fly OR spin in the end.  

We can all find things about Hell we wouldn't like.  Here's one: there won't be any tools.  Yet there will be the memory of when the Tools and Plan and All Things made New were offered and hopefully accepted, the lie seen through, the cry given, the trap broken,  and the rescue accomplished.  Then eternity can begin now.  It has happened to many no different than you.  

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:BE, Let's talk

Fonzie wrote:

BE,

Let's talk tools.  I bet something we have in common is an appreciation of tools.  It's hard to imagine going through this week doing what we do, accomplishing what we accomplish - without ANY tools.  

Yet, in the essence of life - the heart of the matter - this is what the atheist is trying to do.  And however hard it would be to overhaul a car or build a house with absolutely no tools - this task the atheist is about is infinitely more complicated and impossible.  

It's like trying to "raise the dead" without a "Deadraiser", yet being the "dead one" that needs raised.  Yet you - even in your user name - refuse even a moment's glance at an apprenticeship under the Master (Jesus and God His Father), complete with an array of new tools (all things made new - a new creation)  unfamiliar to you until you use them yourself, and a lifetime of discovery of new tools in His Word and Presence, the LORD working with you. 

Your plan is vague and will always be vague.  Your security tools are inadequate for the threats to your effort, your building tools are turd-hammers and toys.  Your products are whirligigs not substantial works.  This is the fate of all DIY'ers in the spiritual realm.  

Yet you are in the stream of life like us all - moving toward the waterfall of the next realm, and insisting on bringing your own accomplishments of your own design made with only the most primitive tools.  It won't fly OR spin in the end.  

We can all find things about Hell we wouldn't like.  Here's one: there won't be any tools.  Yet there will be the memory of when the Tools and Plan and All Things made New were offered and hopefully accepted, the lie seen through, the cry given, the trap broken,  and the rescue accomplished.  Then eternity can begin now.  It has happened to many no different than you.  

Lol, yes lets talk tools. When I have a problem that needs to be solved I grab the tools I need and fix it. My car breaks down I go straight to the garage where an array of useful tools are there for me to use to find the problem and correct it. You can sit there and pray all day- the car is still broke down and you still won't know what is wrong with it. I don't see why I should approach life any differently than I approach a broke down car- I try to find the problem, figure out if I can fix it and do so. Sometimes finding the problem is difficult so I might ask for the advice of another human with more experience with cars than me. Sometimes it is a problem I am not skilled enough to fix on my own- so I go to another human and ask them to help me. The car will be repaired through my efforts and those of other humans. Some deity isn't going to come down and magically fix it for me- nor is any deity going to magically fix my life or anyone else's no matter how nicely I ask or how much I worship it because the deity doesn't exist. All we have to get through life are ourselves, other people and the tools that we create.  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

The Capitalist Snow Dog had determined the thread was "too big to fail", so approved yet another bailout.

It was still quite easy to duplicate the Troll's output:

Quote:
Lol, yes lets talk tools. When I have a problem that needs to be solved I grab the tools I need and fix it.

Trying to fix a problem with the wrong tools only makes it worse.  The tools to fix your problem are the Cross and the Crown of Thorns -- and jesus already grabbed them for you.

Quote:
I don't see why I should approach life any differently than I approach a broke down car- I try to find the problem, figure out if I can fix it and do so.

jesus is the only mechanic with the proper certification to fix your life.   his is no fly-by-night body shop - his body is eternal.  

Quote:
All we have to get through life are ourselves, other people and the tools that we create.  

A broken car can't fix itself, so why try to fix yourself when you break down on the highway of Life?  Instead, tow yourself back to the manufacturer (god), who offers a Lifetime Warranty.

πππ†
π†††

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
*Falls over laughing*

*Falls over laughing*

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
THE GREAT MECHANIC0

Zara,

There's actually some truth in your answer which I assume is an attempt at humor.  The Great Physician = The Great Mechanic.  Pilate had it right when he hung the sign "THIS IS JESUS - KING OF THE JEWS" above the Cross.  I don't know what his thinking was either - he seemed to let the people around him do that for him. 

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
HEADING FOR THE OLD "STRAW MAN"

Beyond Saving wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

BE,

Lol, yes lets talk tools. When I have a problem that needs to be solved I grab the tools I need and fix it. My car breaks down I go straight to the garage where an array of useful tools are there for me to use to find the problem and correct it. You can sit there and pray all day- the car is still broke down and you still won't know what is wrong with it. I don't see why I should approach life any differently than I approach a broke down car- I try to find the problem, figure out if I can fix it and do so. Sometimes finding the problem is difficult so I might ask for the advice of another human with more experience with cars than me. Sometimes it is a problem I am not skilled enough to fix on my own- so I go to another human and ask them to help me. The car will be repaired through my efforts and those of other humans. Some deity isn't going to come down and magically fix it for me- nor is any deity going to magically fix my life or anyone else's no matter how nicely I ask or how much I worship it because the deity doesn't exist. All we have to get through life are ourselves, other people and the tools that we create.  

Be,

Without God you don't have the tools you need to fix what needs to be fixed.  And who said sit and pray and not work at it? Isn't that one of your atheist "straw men"?  

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie

Fonzie wrote:

Be,

Without God you don't have the tools you need to fix what needs to be fixed.  And who said sit and pray and not work at it? Isn't that one of your atheist "straw men"?  

Exactly what is broken?

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
WHAT IS BROKEN

Beyond Saving wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Be,

Exactly what is broken?

Be,

In the most fundamental way - the perspective.   Job 28 addresses the question for one.  

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
The bible lies. Try a valid

The bible lies. Try a valid source.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
How's about Job 41 .. Who is Leviathan then ?

NU 3364
Please make direct quotes of passages you wish to cite Foz. (no one here claims to read minds). I will provide a tiny bit of Job 28, though I am guessing here obviously.

After that I have a direct question for Foz out of the book of Job myself. About Job 41
Re:: How's about Job 41 .. Who is Leviathan then ?

Fonzie wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Without God you don't have the tools you need to fix what needs to be fixed. And who said sit and pray and not work at it? Isn't that one of your atheist "straw men"?

Exactly what is broken?

Fonzie wrote:
Be,

In the most fundamental way - the perspective. Job 28 addresses the question for one.

What Foz is saying in his typically cryptic manner, is best answered from a direct quote of the reference in Job 28, as follows (though I'm wildly guessing):
20 Where then does wisdom come from? Where does understanding dwell? 21 It is hidden from the eyes of every living thing, concealed even from the birds in the sky. 22 Destruction and Death say, “Only a rumor of it has reached our ears.” .. “The fear of the Lord—that is wisdom, and to shun evil is understanding.”

Note:: This is pretty truncated, I could have provide at least one more verse but didnt. I'm saying verse 23 should have been added.

Job 41
New King James Version (NKJV)

1 “Can you draw out Leviathan with a hook,
Or snare his tongue with a line which you lower?
2 Can you put a reed through his noses,
Or pierce his jaw(s) with a hook?
3 Will he make many supplications to you?
Will he speak softly to you?
4 Will he make a covenant with you?
Will you take him as a servant forever?
5 Will you play with him as with a bird,
Or will you leash him for your maidens?
6 Will your companions make a banquet of him?
Will they apportion him among the merchants?
7 Can you fill his skin with harpoons,
15 His rows of scales are his pride,
Shut up tightly as with a seal;
16 One is so near another
That no air can come between them;
17 They are joined one to another,
They stick together and cannot be parted.
18 His sneezings flash forth light,
And his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning.
19 Out of his mouth go burning lights;
Sparks of fire shoot out.
20 Smoke goes out of his nostrils,
As from a boiling pot and burning rushes.
21 His breath kindles coals,
And a flame goes out of his mouth.
29 Darts are regarded as straw;
He laughs at the threat of javelins.
33 On earth there is nothing like him,
Which is made without fear.
34 He beholds every high thing;
Leviathan is king over all the children of pride.”

==============================================
About the book of Job. Who is Leviathan in the Ancient Near East context or more generally what is Leviathan specifically ? Curious if you Foz know 'the correct' answer or not.

:

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Leviathan

Is in creation denoting the greatest of emotions, love and hate. In creation it's love, after Nimrod it's both love and hate. The basics of soul or depths of person rather then surface feelings. (normally considered "whale&quotEye-wink( or as deep ) It can also be applied to all feelings or emotions, IE. love and then deeper love--or any emotions. It doesn't have to be any one specific emotion, and relate to degree or severity. It depends upon application.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

The Troll, like a biblical rabbit, continued to chew its cud, until the good little children paid it attention.

And yet, it was still quite easy...

Quote:

The bible is the word of god, who is the source of everything.  That's about as valid as it gets.

πππ†
π†††

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
LEVIATHAN QUESTION

danatemporary wrote:
NU 3364 Please make direct quotes of passages you wish to cite Foz. (no one here claims to read minds). I will provide a tiny bit of Job 28, though I am guessing here obviously. After that I have a direct question for Foz out of the book of Job myself. About Job 41 Re:: How's about Job 41 .. Who is Leviathan then ?
Fonzie wrote:
Beyond Saving wrote:
Fonzie wrote:
__________________________________________ Be, Without God you don't have the tools you need to fix what needs to be fixed. And who said sit and pray and not work at it? Isn't that one of your atheist "straw men"?
Exactly what is broken?
Fonzie wrote:
Be, In the most fundamental way - the perspective. Job 28 addresses the question for one.
What Foz is saying in his typically cryptic manner, is best answered from a direct quote of the reference in Job 28, as follows (though I'm wildly guessing): 20 Where then does wisdom come from? Where does understanding dwell? 21 It is hidden from the eyes of every living thing, concealed even from the birds in the sky. 22 Destruction and Death say, “Only a rumor of it has reached our ears.” .. “The fear of the Lord—that is wisdom, and to shun evil is understanding.” Note:: This is pretty truncated, I could have provide at least one more verse but didnt. I'm saying verse 23 should have been added. ___________________________________________________ Job 41 New King James Version (NKJV) 1 “Can you draw out Leviathan with a hook, Or snare his tongue with a line which you lower? 2 Can you put a reed through his noses, Or pierce his jaw(s) with a hook? 3 Will he make many supplications to you? Will he speak softly to you? 4 Will he make a covenant with you? Will you take him as a servant forever? 5 Will you play with him as with a bird, Or will you leash him for your maidens? 6 Will your companions make a banquet of him? Will they apportion him among the merchants? 7 Can you fill his skin with harpoons, 15 His rows of scales are his pride, Shut up tightly as with a seal; 16 One is so near another That no air can come between them; 17 They are joined one to another, They stick together and cannot be parted. 18 His sneezings flash forth light, And his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning. 19 Out of his mouth go burning lights; Sparks of fire shoot out. 20 Smoke goes out of his nostrils, As from a boiling pot and burning rushes. 21 His breath kindles coals, And a flame goes out of his mouth. 29 Darts are regarded as straw; He laughs at the threat of javelins. 33 On earth there is nothing like him, Which is made without fear. 34 He beholds every high thing; Leviathan is king over all the children of pride.” ============================================== About the book of Job. Who is Leviathan in the Ancient Near East context or more generally what is Leviathan specifically ? Curious if you Foz know 'the correct' answer or not. :

Danatemporary,

As to spiritual GPS "fear of the LORD" is calibration and starting point for discovering wisdom and knowledge (Proverbs 1.7).  If a person isn't more determined to enter this door than rioting Apple 4s customers - it will all remain remote and unfound.  "...men of violence take it by force..." -  some will "not be able" to enter (Lk 13.24) though they might well have what it takes to get the 4s.  

I don't know what Leviathan is, but a point about it is this:  God is respectfully mentioning to Job something He can handle but Job can't.  Job has his part to do but needs to leave God's to God.  God knows how to treat both Leviathan and Job. What do you think it is?   

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Beyond Saving

Fonzie wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Be,

Exactly what is broken?

Be,

In the most fundamental way - the perspective.   Job 28 addresses the question for one.  

You need to be far more specific. Exactly what is broken and why should I be concerned about it? I am getting through life quite well. 

And don't waste your time quoting bible verses at me because any time I have read a bible verse I am assured by the religious that I am interpreting it wrong. For example, it is quite clear from the Job that god is a sadistic asshole with a gambling addiction. So obviously I need your help to interpret. 

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
INTERPRETATIONAL PERSPECTIVITY

Beyond Saving wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Be,

Exactly what is broken?

Be,

You need to be far more specific. Exactly what is broken and why should I be concerned about it? I am getting through life quite well. 

And don't waste your time quoting bible verses at me because any time I have read a bible verse I am assured by the religious that I am interpreting it wrong. For example, it is quite clear from the Job that god is a sadistic asshole with a gambling addiction. So obviously I need your help to interpret. 

Be,  

Specifically:  your perspective of God and the Bible (as stated by you) - is broken.  But...at least you're confident and wise in your own eyes.  That's a learning position... (from the perspective of: Proverbs 26.12).

As far as raising the dead (fixing your perspective) goes, I have a zero success rate and it won't change now.  I would fix it if I could believe me but I can't.  All you need is for "all things to be made new" in Christ, to be "born anew", which will include new tools, coach, plan and perspective.  

The first step again is "fear of the LORD" just in case you are ever in discovery mode.  With that perspective you won't have trouble with interpretation and you will get the help you need from the One Who can give it - if....if you persevere and don't just have a "faith spasm" like it seems some have had on this forum.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Be,

Fonzie wrote:

Be,  

Specifically:  your perspective of God and the Bible (as stated by you) - is broken.  But...at least you're confident and wise in your own eyes.  That's a learning position... (from the perspective of: Proverbs 26.12).

As far as raising the dead (fixing your perspective) goes, I have a zero success rate and it won't change now.  I would fix it if I could believe me but I can't.  All you need is for "all things to be made new" in Christ, to be "born anew", which will include new tools, coach, plan and perspective.  

The first step again is "fear of the LORD" just in case you are ever in discovery mode.  With that perspective you won't have trouble with interpretation and you will get the help you need from the One Who can give it - if....if you persevere and don't just have a "faith spasm" like it seems some have had on this forum.

And why should I be concerned that my perspective of god and the bible is broken? Living my life in fear of some invisible lord certainly does not sound like an improvement over what I have right now. 

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Beyond Saving wrote:
And why should I be concerned that my perspective of god and the bible is broken? Living my life in fear of some invisible lord certainly does not sound like an improvement over what I have right now.

The lord is invisible to those who don't wish to see him.  Your perspective is suffering from tunnel vision, and god has the corrective lenses you need.  Just let jesus rub mud and phlegm into your eyes, and the scales of blindness will fall away (Jn 9:6).

πππ†
π†††

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote:Beyond

zarathustra wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

The lord is invisible to those who don't wish to see him.  Your perspective is suffering from tunnel vision, and god has the corrective lenses you need.  Just let jesus rub mud and phlegm into your eyes, and the scales of blindness will fall away (Jn 9:6).

Sounds a little kinky for me, some things are best left unseen. 

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Re:: I do not think, I know (knowledge is funny that way)

Re :: I do not think, I know

Fonzie wrote:

What do you think it is?   

Nu 3369

Return to your jester, but I will leave with a hint in the form of a visual image to surround the ANE inquires you are doubtless to make.

¬ D a n a

___

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
WELL WELL WELL?

Beyond Saving wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Be,  

Be,

I forgot.  Another thing that's specifically broken (in answer to your earlier question and again specifically addressed) is your perspective that you are getting along well in life.  If you could be brought into the presence of God like Job was - you would likely despise yourself and repent in dust and ashes (Job 42.5-6).  The thing keeping you from realizing you are IN the presence of God NOW is again your own broken perspective BTW, having not entered even kindergarden level fear of the LORD.  

How do you know you can trust your own perspective?  You may say you can have no other than your own but you can't say there IS no other.  Didn't you have trouble understanding the "whys" of your parents growing up?  Isn't it better to become a fool and learn than think you are already wise?  What perspective do you have of death and beyond?  What do you seriously think about all these graveyards?  Are you at peace with your answer - and can you put eternal weight on said answer?  

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fonzie wrote:Be,I forgot.

Fonzie wrote:

Be,

I forgot.  Another thing that's specifically broken (in answer to your earlier question and again specifically addressed) is your perspective that you are getting along well in life.  If you could be brought into the presence of God like Job was - you would likely despise yourself and repent in dust and ashes (Job 42.5-6).  The thing keeping you from realizing you are IN the presence of God NOW is again your own broken perspective BTW, having not entered even kindergarden level fear of the LORD.  

I love my life right now and I enjoy every second of it. Let us suppose for a second that your hypothetical god exists. Why should I care what his opinion is? Right now fear is not a motivating force for me and I don't let it control me. If you are living your life in fear of some being simply because it happens to be powerful, it seems to me you are the one with a broken perspective. 

Fonzie wrote:

How do you know you can trust your own perspective?  You may say you can have no other than your own but you can't say there IS no other.

Of course, there are as many perspectives as there are conscious beings. Who are you to say yours is better than someone else's? Especially when the subject in consideration is that person's own life? Why should we worry about the perspective of your imaginary friend? I see no reason to worry about anyone's perspective other than my own and people who I respect. Neither you nor god fall into either category.

Fonzie wrote:

Didn't you have trouble understanding the "whys" of your parents growing up?  

No. I argued with them constantly about it. 

Fonzie wrote:

Isn't it better to become a fool and learn than think you are already wise?  

I don't think you should trust any person who claims to be wise or to know how to become wise, they are all selling snake oil. 

Fonzie wrote:

What perspective do you have of death and beyond?  

I have killed a large number of things in my life. Death is messy, painful and longer process than most (modern) people think. As long as it takes for the body to completely die even in an instantaneous death I can understand why ancient people believed there was some kind of soul fighting to leave the body. Afterwords our bodies are nothing but food and fertilizer ready to be put back into the cycle of life. 

Fonzie wrote:

What do you seriously think about all these graveyards?  

Wasteful. Waste of space, waste of nutrients and depriving a great number of creatures a fine meal. Considering all the animals we kill for our own food, I think it is rather arrogant of us to try so hard to deprive them of our flesh and instead allow our bodies to rot and fall to pieces allowing only the smallest bacteria to feast on our flesh. Personally, I would prefer my body just be thrown in the wilderness somewhere and the scavengers allowed to feast. Maybe I will get lucky and die on a hunt being eaten by some predator- it would be a poetic way for me to go. 

Fonzie wrote:

Are you at peace with your answer - and can you put eternal weight on said answer?  

Yes and I don't plan on living eternally. Eternity is the fanciful delusion for those who fear death. The adult equivalent of believing that leaving the door cracked open and letting light into your bedroom will somehow make you safer. 

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No Subject)

(No Subject)

Nu 3373

Man of the Hour:

Btw, If you are going to make people look up entire passages to put it in context; you can at least extend a similar courtesy to 'others'.

?? Image not loading ?

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
100% ZERO SUCCESS RATE ENLIGHTENMENT BY ME

Beyond Saving wrote:

Fonzie wrote:

Be,

I love my life right now and I enjoy every second of it. Let us suppose for a second that your hypothetical god exists. Why should I care what his opinion is? Right now fear is not a motivating force for me and I don't let it control me. If you are living your life in fear of some being simply because it happens to be powerful, it seems to me you are the one with a broken perspective. 

Fonzie wrote:

How do you know you can trust your own perspective?  You may say you can have no other than your own but you can't say there IS no other.

Of course, there are as many perspectives as there are conscious beings. Who are you to say yours is better than someone else's? Especially when the subject in consideration is that person's own life? Why should we worry about the perspective of your imaginary friend? I see no reason to worry about anyone's perspective other than my own and people who I respect. Neither you nor god fall into either category.

Fonzie wrote:

Didn't you have trouble understanding the "whys" of your parents growing up?  

No. I argued with them constantly about it. 

Fonzie wrote:

Isn't it better to become a fool and learn than think you are already wise?  

I don't think you should trust any person who claims to be wise or to know how to become wise, they are all selling snake oil. 

Fonzie wrote:

What perspective do you have of death and beyond?  

I have killed a large number of things in my life. Death is messy, painful and longer process than most (modern) people think. As long as it takes for the body to completely die even in an instantaneous death I can understand why ancient people believed there was some kind of soul fighting to leave the body. Afterwords our bodies are nothing but food and fertilizer ready to be put back into the cycle of life. 

Fonzie wrote:

What do you seriously think about all these graveyards?  

Wasteful. Waste of space, waste of nutrients and depriving a great number of creatures a fine meal. Considering all the animals we kill for our own food, I think it is rather arrogant of us to try so hard to deprive them of our flesh and instead allow our bodies to rot and fall to pieces allowing only the smallest bacteria to feast on our flesh. Personally, I would prefer my body just be thrown in the wilderness somewhere and the scavengers allowed to feast. Maybe I will get lucky and die on a hunt being eaten by some predator- it would be a poetic way for me to go. 

Fonzie wrote:

Are you at peace with your answer - and can you put eternal weight on said answer?  

Yes and I don't plan on living eternally. Eternity is the fanciful delusion for those who fear death. The adult equivalent of believing that leaving the door cracked open and letting light into your bedroom will somehow make you safer. 

Be,

Where the tree falls there it will happily lie I guess - especially if determined.  Just so you know I have no interest in you submitting to my perspective - I was only pointing to the perspective of the Word of God and God Himself.  

There would need to be some respect for It and the God Who wrote it to discover how perfect love casts out fear.  But it can all remain remote and you can refuse your impressions of it which are inaccurate.  

You enjoy your life and love every minute of it.  And when you are faced with the fact God offered you eternal life you will be happy with your decision then - but, well, that's just talk isn't it.   

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Happy with their decisions ?

The Man of the Hour wrote:
100% Zero Sucess rate of enlightment by me

You know if all else fails like due diligence or effort. Why not use the 'iron' stick ?

It is here that those who lose their purity and have broken their vows of chastity and also people given themselves over to sexual misconduct are reborn to this hell. The effect of such actions bring, commonly to them the untold terror of being at the foot of the iron Shalmalia or Salmali tree(s), never hear of it? The focus is at the top of a iron shalmalia tree, where black iron birds were to have plucked out the eyes of hell beings, not to get ahead of things. In an account, "In my vision of the hell state, for these hell being this was not to avoid going to them, thinking that they were their beloved former lovers and companions that were calling out to them". The hill of the iron salmali trees.. Again, It is at the tops of which they can see their former lovers calling to them. So achingly beautiful, even more so than in life. Being true to themselves, As they climb eagerly up to join them, all of the leaves of "the iron trees point downwards pierce their flesh. And some accounts, the very branches become swords to pierce their flesh, if they were to try to turn back the weapon sprang on them, carving out their lungs, hearts, livers and guts". Compelled by this as much as their own burning desires, only one way to go, when they eventually reach the top, they find ravens and vultures that dig out their eyes and "suck out their fat". No former lover at all. Then downward they go, and the leaves turn upward stabbing, depicted in art more as swords than branches, cutting them to the chest again and again. Downward, at the base of the tree, were fearsome women embracing the necks of the beings and then tearing their heads off their very bodies. Once they get down to the ground the hideous metallic men and women embrace them, the women mentioned were biting off their head from the shoulders. Being pieced back together, they see their former lover at the tops of the trees, feeling all of it but only partially remembering it all. With the true siren' song beckoning to them and again their own deeper lustful desires they proceed to climb back up the tree. This cyclic torture is repeated for billions of years. And in no way to make light of this, by this word alone, it may be your only chance to safely go to Buddhist hell (and back)!

Now that's a place to avoid, agreed ?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote:The Troll,

zarathustra wrote:

The Troll, like a biblical rabbit, continued to chew its cud, until the good little children paid it attention.

Quote:

The bible is the word of god, who is the source of everything.  That's about as valid as it gets.

I am god, and the bible is a pack of lies. Prove me wrong. Eye-wink

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Poe)

Quote:
I am god,

No, only god is god.

Quote:
and the bible is a pack of lies.

No it isn't.

Quote:
Prove me wrong.
 You're not right.  Therefore you're wrong.  QED

πππ†
π†††

blacklight915
atheist
blacklight915's picture
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:It is

danatemporary wrote:

It is here that those who lose their purity and have broken their vows of chastity...This cyclic torture is repeated for billions of years.

I've always wondered why some religious people have such a problem with sex...

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
AT A LOSS...

Vastet wrote:
zarathustra wrote:

Quote:

I am god, and the bible is a pack of lies. Prove me wrong. Eye-wink

Vastet,

Why should I attempt to improve on something you do so well?  

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Look slow learner; Learn the Internet)

Re :: Look slow learner; Learn the Internet!!
Nu 3384
(Sorry Learn the Internet!!)

Misc.

See : Image

caposkia wrote:

RobbyPants wrote:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I'm not going to take it on the word of a bunch of different guys who couldn't agree on a lot of things. 

Of all the posts, I like this one the best.  I don't take the word of a bunch of different guys... or girls who couldn't agree on a lot of things either.... which is why I could never accept atheism or denominationalism, Caposkia remarked. 

Concerning the card game being played, non-believers ask for "proof", 

I play: "what are you looking for?"

They play: " I fold "

This does not apply to all obviously, but it's the common reaction I get.

(?) Now is this stand up, stand up for Jesus by with Caposkia remark's were hoping to communicate ?

Or should the board allow Caposkia his 'big talk' ?

: m(._.)m The comment you responded to was about a book, not a personal attack, pay attention where it is directed, Foz! Loss at knowing how to reply? There's always 3380, as a matter a fact, I have several pictures posted, you can always comment on each of them, if you'd like (not necessary). Or has the devil got your tongue ? That's if you can keep it together long enough to not emerge violently from restraints of basic manners, to resort to personal attacks, as you have. With that badge, I guess that's out.
: People learn to move on especially with the transience of life. Even you will die. Alas, how will the board get along without the most notorious you, when that day comes ? I wonder aloud, will you have worked out things before then or are you living up to that Trollish behaviour everyone notices, except yourself (See: Image) ? Get it ?!? You dont edit anyone, and you dont hand down edicts, THIS ISN'T 'your' board!! Do you need some further convincing ?

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
REALITY CHECKED FOR ME

danatemporary wrote:
The Man of the Hour wrote:
100% Zero Sucess rate of enlightment by me
You know if all else fails like due diligence or effort. Why not use the 'iron' stick ? It is here that those who lose their purity and have broken their vows of chastity and also people given themselves over to sexual misconduct are reborn to this hell. The effect of such actions bring, commonly to them the untold terror of being at the foot of the iron Shalmalia or Salmali tree(s), never hear of it? The focus is at the top of a iron shalmalia tree, where black iron birds were to have plucked out the eyes of hell beings, not to get ahead of things. In an account, "In my vision of the hell state, for these hell being this was not to avoid going to them, thinking that they were their beloved former lovers and companions that were calling out to them". The hill of the iron salmali trees.. Again, It is at the tops of which they can see their former lovers calling to them. So achingly beautiful, even more so than in life. Being true to themselves, As they climb eagerly up to join them, all of the leaves of "the iron trees point downwards pierce their flesh. And some accounts, the very branches become swords to pierce their flesh, if they were to try to turn back the weapon sprang on them, carving out their lungs, hearts, livers and guts". Compelled by this as much as their own burning desires, only one way to go, when they eventually reach the top, they find ravens and vultures that dig out their eyes and "suck out their fat". No former lover at all. Then downward they go, and the leaves turn upward stabbing, depicted in art more as swords than branches, cutting them to the chest again and again. Downward, at the base of the tree, were fearsome women embracing the necks of the beings and then tearing their heads off their very bodies. Once they get down to the ground the hideous metallic men and women embrace them, the women mentioned were biting off their head from the shoulders. Being pieced back together, they see their former lover at the tops of the trees, feeling all of it but only partially remembering it all. With the true siren' song beckoning to them and again their own deeper lustful desires they proceed to climb back up the tree. This cyclic torture is repeated for billions of years. And in no way to make light of this, by this word alone, it may be your only chance to safely go to Buddhist hell (and back)! Now that's a place to avoid, agreed ?

Danatemp,

Well one reason I didn't answer you is I don't/didn't get your images (Leviathan) or your "hell" or whoever's "hell" it is - though it does seem like a "ground dog day" - "hellish" combination or something - or, your statements.  They are Greek to me.  It's an intricate hell I'll give you that - did you make it up?  

As far as your quest for truth and proof thereof, understand that spiritual things are spiritually discerned.  As I have been saying different ways:  if "the fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge"  (and wisdom) (which it is) - how are you going to "prove" what is beyond the beginning to those who aren't in the least interested in going even TO the beginning?  It's like the horse that can't be led to water and won't drink saying you aren't hospitable and are trying to dehydrate him.    

I have been moved by the gospel to "go through the Door" and be "born again" into Christ.  It's great.  I'm secure.  I'm at peace.  I have bread and water in the Scriptures aplenty.  Most people I meet on this forum aren't moved by the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ - nor do they believe it or in it.   To realize what it's like to walk by faith in the LORD is something you could discuss but it would still be remote (like talking about marriage versus being married).  But to want to know about it just to reject it more skillfully is not a way to explore proof.  

Add that to the position that asks: "prove God and Jesus and the Bible to me while I don't want proof", or "give me something that I can misunderstand and mischaracterize and then reject my mischaracterization and misunderstanding", and if that appears to you to be a secure and sensible challenge then you have that false perspective to overcome... as well.

You can read the Bible for yourself and decide for yourself whether it proves itself to you or not.  It does to me totally.  I don't have to work at proving any of it - it's reality to me.   And if you thought the lack of success convincing you or others to be a problem for me you're wrong again.  The proof is overwhelming to me - but it's up close and personal with One you don't believe in - but I do. 

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
It is my fondest wish for you to get that badge changed.

Quote:
talking about marriage verses [being] married

: "Freely ye have received, freely give." I am single but I thought most 'christians' were 'engaged', you've yet to see christ 'face to face' (1 Cor. 13, when I was a child. Btw, 'love' that passage!!)

Quote:
decide for yourself

: Everyone seems to suggest there is a Demon of the board halting people from examining Bible passages. This roundly doesnt make any sense. That said, Most people I have run in to do not have a higher view of the bible (this is from direct comments). However there is a myriad of views because everyone on the board is very much an individual. When people are bringing up things, theyre asking for you to bring evidence to the contrary. Which is not as much a mocking of Faith as wanting more in terms of evidence. On this board it is normal.
: Now I noticed by your reply and from your opening remarks from a few years ago, you had no intention on bringing formal evidence for the Inspiration, claims via the christian 'Holy' Spirit. So, I am confused on where that leaves us.

Quote:
your "hell" or whoever's "hell" it is - though it does seem like a "ground dog day" - "hellish" combination or something - or, your statements. They are Greek to me.

: I am going to caulk that up to a blonde moment. Please, Dont miss an obvious moral dimension to the description, you can immediately tell by the way I wrote about the account(s); Consciously a choice to be faithful to the teaching, though not of the household of faith. It's a good choice (in the end)

p.s. -- Honestly, It is my fondest wish you get a badge change. People often think it doesnt matter, but I can tell you it does.

Fonzie
TheistardTroll
Fonzie's picture
User is offlineOffline
IF BETTER KNOWN I COULD HAVE WORSE NAME - AND IT BE TRUE

danatemporary wrote:
Quote:
talking about marriage verses [being] married
: "Freely ye have received, freely give." I am single but I thought most 'christians' were 'engaged', you've yet to see christ 'face to face' (1 Cor. 13, when I was a child. Btw, 'love' that passage!!)

Quote:
decide for yourself

: Everyone seems to suggest there is a Demon of the board halting people from examining Bible passages. This roundly doesnt make any sense. That said, Most people I have run in to do not have a higher view of the bible (this is from direct comments). However there is a myriad of views because everyone on the board is very much an individual. When people are bringing up things, theyre asking for you to bring evidence to the contrary. Which is not as much a mocking of Faith as wanting more in terms of evidence. On this board it is normal. : Now I noticed by your reply and from your opening remarks from a few years ago, you had no intention on bringing formal evidence for the Inspiration, claims via the christian 'Holy' Spirit. So, I am confused on where that leaves us.

Quote:
your "hell" or whoever's "hell" it is - though it does seem like a "ground dog day" - "hellish" combination or something - or, your statements. They are Greek to me.

: I am going to caulk that up to a blonde moment. Please, Dont miss an obvious moral dimension to the description, you can immediately tell by the way I wrote about the account(s); Consciously a choice to be faithful to the teaching, though not of the household of faith. It's a good choice (in the end)

p.s. -- Honestly, It is my fondest wish you get a badge change. People often think it doesnt matter, but I can tell you it does.

Danatemp,

As far as name change or badge or whatever it is this is a good place for you to recognize the principle commonly seen throughout the Bible that God's thoughts are not our thoughts.  They have called the Master of the house Beelzebul and if I am His Son think of the effort that will go into what they call me.  I don't care.  I see it the same way as He described.  

We who have been invited to the Great Marriage Feast of God's Son, the bride of Christ - are engaged as you say to Christ.  We have been given a "marriage garment" - which is "the Righteousness of God in Christ" - not our own righteousness.  We come to God in that.  It's a totally different experience than outside impressions that a Christian is "earning" his Salvation by "do-gooder" deeds.  The Salvation is pure and simple bought and paid for by the Blood of the Lamb of God - symbolized by the Passover Lamb back when Israelites left Egypt.  It's a totally different experience to have a burning desire to serve God through love for His Gift than to be trying to fool oneself that it is to be earned by tainted "do-gooder" works which are never perfect or enough.  So there is a peace that passes understanding in Christ Who is our Righteousness.  So you can understand that or work at misunderstanding it.  

If you look up "presence of God" in Scripture you will find an array of Scriptures that promise the "presence of God" to those who believe in God.  While I can't describe this to you in a way that "brings you to it" - I'll report to you that ...it's great and indescribable to not ever be alone navigating this spiritual bobby trapped world with the devil trying to look for an opportunity to devour.  It's not overwhelming however, it's thought by thought.  We are instructed to take every thought captive and check to see if it matches the thinking of Christ.  So it's a fight for every thought - with energy and Sword.  We are wired, we are lit, and we are armed - but it is not a physical battle (or His servants would fight) but a spiritual battle with spiritual weapons that destroy arguments though discounted and dismissed by those who do not believe (as were dismissed by even Pharisees that saw Him raise the dead, heal the blind, cast out demons - 'He does these things ...how are we going to get rid of Him?'  

I am most happily married.  I met her at church while she was passing through with her family.  We wrote letters for 6 months.  I drove 36 hours and arrived at her house on Christmas day.  We got married without going on a date.  I had 100$ in the bank.  That was 45 years ago.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Re :: Aww! <(*ΦωΦ*)> (gushing)

Re :: Aww! <(*ΦωΦ*)> (gushing)

re : Aww (See :: Image)

Aww (sentimental)

: They say, There is a purpose for everything under heaven. When I Zagged when I should have Zigged. Views and Opinions of 'Guest Blogger' aired/on 09/24/2012  http://www.liesyoungwomenbelieve.com/index.php?id=1871

Must See Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Matt. Chapter Six --

22 “The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness?!

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey Creepy Guy

Creepy Guy,

Are you still retarded after my educating you?

Again, you made a positive claim and therefore in logic since we negate your blind faith assertion you then logically carry the burden to prove your naked unjustified premise that you are god. Also, since we negate that the Bible is a pack of lies you also need to carry the burden to prove this. 

If you fail in this then your claim is laughable and is just another example of why pot is bad for your health.

I would encourage you that before you blog, restrain from pot for at least 24 hours so you're not so foolish in your thinking. You're making a fool of yourself otherwise.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean off your meds?!F?? Let us in on "Who" you addressing:

Jean off your meds or would you like to specify who this is addressed to (i.e. -- I am lost as to who your remarks are even addressed to) ?

P.S. -- Super Troll pay attention to the Bible cultist!!

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Dana

Dana,

Creepy Guy is Vastant. We all know this. Do you have any logical argument at all what so ever or is name calling like a 3rd grader all you know?

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

blacklight915
atheist
blacklight915's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

You sign your posts with "Respectfully" even when addressing people for whom it's obvious (to anyone capable of understanding English) you have no respect. I'm quite curious as to why. Would you care to enlighten me?

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nu 3393 (& Nu 3390- 3392)

Directed At :: Jean Chauvin (a.k.a. Super Troll)

Remember what I posted on: March 20, 2012 - 5:30pm, when you were in Trollville (shock).
On the 18th or 20th "I wrote no comment". In reply to your shame. Maybe a more prudent act would have been to have done the same. Wonderfully insulative in terms of a strategy, on Jeans part, to deflect way from everything of-any substance by his unchristian & smug manner. (Oh, That ref. is to a Thread, it's in Trollville if anyone might find themselves curious, about the 'shame')
Be aware of your own 'sin'. Can't make much of a case for him acting like a 'Creep' ever, false witness; now on the other hand (check out Link, especially the part where Jean is interacting with myself) . . .

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/32513 ex-minister Thread (from 2010) is one of the many examples of not knowing how to behave

Reply to Nu 3393

{Peppermint42 wrote} August 9th, 2011 Thread in which Peppermint42 made a very similar observation, in the following:

Peppermint42 wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

He is nothing more than a troll and most certainly one with the same tyrannical view of his god as many Muslims in the east view Allah as being.

Not all Christians view their god like Jean here does. There are lots of believers I can get along with, Jean is not one of them.

She more remarks, "What gets me is how he likes to end every post with "Respectfully, ...". Jean Chauvin, there is nothing respectful about anything you have said here. I wonder if you even know the meaning of the word respect, or how to show it sincerely. If you want to be taken seriously here you are going to have to learn to behave . ."

Most people have developed a certain amount of social etiquette, even at a rudimentary level, when applied they can soften (intentionality) potentially devastating comments in the interactions they choose (they take no joy in it like some people). No one ever wants to feel dumb, so other times, people try to save face or shy away from humility. Others can usually see through what they are doing and are understanding. Even if and when every single word out or their mouth or what is written isnt all entirely to their liking. One only needs to look at what is being said (most times) to begin to figure it all out, in terms of recognizing what is being expressed. Though not always.
Online boards are a community, as much as any other. What would happen in a community if some people were intentionally condescending or rude or consistently going out of their way to be unpleasant with anothers? I don't need to spell it out for you or for anyone what the inevitable results for people characterized by this anti-social behavior, YEC or Evolutionist, the results are the same for said individual(s).
============================
Nu 3390-3392
Do you bother to read ANYTHING OTHER than direct quotes about you on the board anymore ?
Jean you are obviously the one who sadly suffers from the short memory about some of your own words. There is such a thing as reaping what you sow (harsh, but true).
Out of kindness, Would you like to talk about the priceless gain of listening to your self-taught insights.

Super TROLL wrote:
.. The bible is an axiom

Super TROLL wrote:
.. 'god' is an axiom

You think anyone on the board either Atheist or Theist could find some difficulty in sharing such a view from you. Btw, An axiom is a premise or starting point of reasoning. As classically conceived, an axiom is a premise so evident as to be accepted as true without controversy.
Let's draw some attention on what kind of a person 'you' are being. You've made your fate with the board, because you could never stay within the boundaries (roughly) of basic civility or ever figured out how to conduct yourself in the first place. Instead opting for discourtesy. How could you be treated as you have ? Any christian would be far more condemning of your overall behaviour. Besides, For somebody who is out to serve his own ego it is best deflect direct confrontation, you've always seemed to fall back on your warped self as way of escape, no?. Since the first five days you decided to take on the board, any abuse you've received you've brought on yourself (and I really dont feel the least bit sorry for 'you', not one bit)!! Funny that goes to all habitual offenders.
p.s. --To all of this. Priceless.

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Dana

Hi Dana,

lol abuse? Name calling is natural for the agnostic using imaginary time to call themselves atheist. In logic there are two kinds of ad hominems. The invalid adhominem absuive is the most common logical fallacy among the naive, naLrrow minded self righteous agnostics.

Like I said before, when the public school kids grow up and start calling you names, you're doing something right.

My ad hominems are valid and are not absuive. Though you just admitting that I'm being abused directly demonstrates my point Dana.

Do you follow what I'm saying or do I need to talk even more basic for you to understand?

With that, if you would care to make an argument, you may be my valentine.

Regarding the post, "It workd for me." The post is fallacious. Just because something works doesn't mean it's right or true. Christianity is not philosophical pragmaticism

Regarding Axiom. Go back to highschool and take the geometry class again you flunked. An axiom need not be justified or proven. It is self evident it's just known.

Happy Valentines Day Dana

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Obviously not from a 'holiness' tradition (are we) ?

Remember the lesson from Charles Dickens' novel. Try to remember the chains Marley's Spirit wore had all been formed emphatically (link by link) in life.!!

Reply Image (#3395)

blacklight915
atheist
blacklight915's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:My ad

Jean Chauvin wrote:

My ad hominems are valid and are not absuive.

LOLOLOLOLOL  

Jean, would you like to answer the question I posed to you in my previous post in this thread?  I'm really quite interested in hearing your answer.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
re: You're the one being abused ? That explains this from you ?

re : You're the one being abused ? M-e-r-c-y (that's against 'your' religion).

Woe unto thee,!

:D

{EVIL atheist wrote}
Atheist_Superfan wrote:
.. they [the misunderstood] get off on feeling unjustly misunderstood, and fantasize about the day when everyone will appreciate just how "rare" they are. if you'll notice, jean attacks christians and nonchristians alike on this site ..

jean might be a lot of things, but "rare" isn't one of them. there are guys like him in every school, every church, every company--any place where people assemble, you have the "misunderstood loner." i know because i've played that part all my life, except i've come to recognize it for what it is: an aesthetic choice, and nothing more. if i'm misunderstood, it's because I choose to be misunderstood.

Feb 16th

==========================

Nu 3395 & Nu 3396

Listen I dont need to beat a dead horse here. As in the 'children's tale', Billy Gruff of the Middle way, laughed and said, Why do you want to eat me, Mr. Troll? Fore I am all skinny from the winter (and waiting)? Barely two bites for a big strong Troll like you clearly are. Besides, honestly, Not good, not good portents on even adding any further comments (especially after 3396, says it all). An image is worth a thousand words. Two cents, further, Depends of the situation, but don't drown yourself in the whirlpool of snarkiness and prideful arrogance you have repeatedly chosen. Interesting you wished to speak of 'state of mind' elsewhere (?) All the King's horses and all the King's men .. you learned the rest (not so long ago). Our little secret, tehehe :¬ Fret not for it only leads to evil doing.
Nobody is singling jean out. For example, Certain kind of looks, certain kinds of comments are unwanted. Right? Creating a wrong atmosphere on the board is highly unwanted. If you want some evidence, talk to Cap (Pineapple) about how I treat her differently; she wouldnt get it either because she is another one wrapped up in herself, giving no thought as to how her behaviour could affect others.

Dead serious note, Dont stake anymore (personal) claims to christ jesus, you have NONE! Oh, Keep your Pagan holiday greetings to yourself, bub.

So, One is left to simply amuse oneself. Ahh the delightful little milk maid(s). I have no reason to say this and dont know why Im telling you this but I worked in a Dairy once, oh Dana you are so funny (hidden allusion from the Jean Big book of quotes). Though it was 'House', I made the substitution so it was true of myself. Praise and glory be (really), Rev. 7:11&:20. Now Mr. Man, not funny, Being a stumbling block, Wow that is unconscionable. Ever idle keystroke, every idle keystroke. Then there's 'Leaning not on our own understand' (Prov). Well, That's Good. Reality on the ground is, jeano & Cap both taken with themselves, is a true idol, one's which refused to be BROKEN if not torn down! Woe!! G-d is no respector of persons. Yahweh's 'time out' lasted for 40 years, by which time, egos like you will be facing a whole other string of issues (but sadly mankind may simply suicide long before then).
And, No/Know if anyone doesnt get it, there are nearly a dozen of interspersed (biblical) references 'alluded to', clearly seen.

2nd (text) Image, The mustnt see upload or YouTube vid , it's G-Rated though, with ImageShack.us, no I am wrong; it's with the YouTube servers.

___

We all, me included, must be careful not to become the thing we hate.

Mr C O Jones
Mr C O Jones's picture
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:We all,

danatemporary wrote:

I'm probably not very bright, but what does it all mean??

I quote no 'authorities'. I speak in my own words. I bring everything to the bar of my own judgment.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
re:: People get sucked into playing their little game(s):

Re:: Eyes on the Prize (no kidding)

Mr C O Jones wrote:

danatemporary wrote:

I'm probably not very bright, but what does it all mean??

If you want a broad meaning you'd NEED to read Nu 3381 and 3388-3400, each and every one (links included), I am truly afraid. Most dont bother, if so, it's like walking in on a conversation at near the tail end and being totally lost OTHERWISE. Worth the merry chase (yes).

Lines from a movie:
In the chocolate factory, Charlies' Gramps asks: What Rules ? We didnt see any rules, did we Charlie [Brown]?

Willy Wonka (replies): "Wrong, sir!! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if -- and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy -- "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera... "Pau mentis incendium gloria cultum (,in english, Few mental ablazed glory worship) " et cetera, et cetera... "Memo bis punitor delicatum"! It's all there, in black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! .. '"

What has happened, (now) Bible 'honoring' christians are fun:
It is interesting to see the type of people who are attracted to the board.
Verses about 'little kids' in the OT or NT:

But if anyone causes one of these little ones who trusts in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone be hung around his neck and for him to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

But Christ Jesus said, Suffer the little children to come unto Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the Kindom of heaven"

To:: Mr Jones:

No , I am sure it's my fault and you are being polite is all (I am sure you are plenty bright). Be mindful and always pay attention to who this was addressed to. Certain kind of trolls are attention whores, they dont care about the responses as long as it's all about them. By the stunts they pull, any abuse they receive they most richly deserve (look to the 'badge'). Dont want to be like a troll (ever) Smiling I cant summarize this, you have to read back (on this)!!

==========================

Not that you personally asked nor something I want to highlight but for the lurker (alone).

An example of an allusion. I wrote: "Every idle keystroke (every idle keystroke)".

Biblical passage Ref. --

Matt Chapter 12:36 But I say to you that every idle word men may speak, they will give an account in the day of Judgment.

Lowers the whole conversation but is, all the same, somewhat necessary.

Recognize the ultimate source, those it made me so mad moments are a test to begin with. What is so very encouraging is the current crop of the board's worst (Top 5) have been caught in so many inconsistencies and falsehoods, one could easily humiliate them to the extreme (so it is held/withheld in reserve, only because of personal predilections against intentionally hurting them), held/withheld but in reserve just the same. Let us at the database, and we can always serve it up right. This wont happen so the Troll sits backs and laughs at the system.

:
( edit:: Two typeos and dropped letter 'e' )