High on Ambien so forgive me.

scole665
User is offlineOffline
High on Ambien so forgive me.

What are the "best answers" to people who say these 3 words to you "God Bless You". I've found that there may be situational variances,  all of which should be explored:

1.  A simple sneeze, a one and done... Ahhh Ahhhhhh Ahhhhhhh chhhheeewwwwww<person 1 - God Bless You>< You  --  ??????>

2, A simple sneeze about 10 seconds after #1 when #1 response was already provided <person1 - God Bless You>< You  --  ??????>

3. At work you tell a co-worker about your pregnant wife and some troubling and concerning issues she's having with her condition. He offers some sweet sentiments but then he says <person 1 - God Bless You and your family>< You  --  ??????>

4. Obama ends his speech at the DNC and says <<person 1 - God Bless You and God bless the United States of America>< You  --  ??????>

5. After visiting my mother, having traveled lets say 1500-2000 miles and at no small Cost to you. You get read to leave and your mom says <mom - It was great having you, save travels and god bless you>< You  --  ??????>

6. At a holiday party, your CEO says that the company was blessed with good sales and a number of babies who'll group up to be good salesman themselves some day *(Hahaham Very funny MFer). He turns to you and says, when are you having a baby and you make a stupid joke about funding the right women and all of a sudden you hear <person 1 - God Bless You>< You  --  ??????>

These responses will all go in my book of life

god -- I tried you on for size.... you were a little long in the crotch, loose in the waist, short in the length and you made my butt look extra flat. I had to take you back for an exchange.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
God bless you, means good

God bless you, means good luck,  the blessing of yourself .... which is to know all others are god too. But then again, it depends on who says it, and why. FUCK some god that is not us. Fuck religion, Fuck idol worship, Fuck that god of abe, that poor abe idiot, to heal, to love, to understand. Poor blind idol worshipers. SAVE them. Spread the "good word" of "saving" ATHEISM, as gawed is on our side !

Saxon - Power and The Glory ( live , the studio cut is better, love the solo ((((

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0890PLuMMk

Studio version , but the volume is weak ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y52PJjHXzzI

RRS rocks, Saxon - This Town Rocks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2WlzNcEb20&feature=related

HEY GIRLS !!!!!! , Saxon - Redline ( your limo or mine ! )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOEYdafS2f8&feature=related

motor running .....  

prisonnurse1
User is offlineOffline
my responses (while high on valerian...)

1.  to the first sneeze, i'd say "thanks" and be done.  no sense in being rude.

2.  the second sneeze, "i'd better get that soul stuffed back in there"

3.  re: the blessing of the pregnancy...  being female, i'd be the one pregnant.  chance are if i was having problems i wouldn't be working.  however i did throw up, ALOT, when i was pregnant.  so if someone had of commented about that I'd have said "don't bless me, bless the makers of Diclectin"

4.  re: obama speech.  I'd say nothing.  I'm canadian and would be watching it on tv, if i was paying any attention at all, and talking to tv's is just plain weird.  if i was american, it wouldn't stop me from voting for him though. 

5.  My mom would never say "God bless you", so i have no response for that (she's agnostic, never goes to church).  I would also never recommend someone be so rude to their mother as to tear her apart for her religious beliefs when they so rarely get to see her. 

6.  re: the holiday party conversation....that convo would not warrant someone blessing me in such a way.   I'd likely look at them weirdly and say "what for?".  lol that or i'd tell them to sacrifice a goat at the next full moon. 

I'd rather be a moral atheist than an amoral theist.

mohammed
mohammed's picture
User is offlineOffline
didn't saying "god bless

didn't saying "god bless you" after a sneeze come from the belief that your soul was trying to escape and saying that put it back in somehow?

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
mohammed wrote:didn't saying

mohammed wrote:

didn't saying "god bless you" after a sneeze come from the belief that your soul was trying to escape and saying that put it back in somehow?

The belief was that you were expelling "God's breath of life" from the Genesis story. Still hooey.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Brion
Brion's picture
User is offlineOffline
I always thought that when

I always thought that when you sneezed the "devil" was leaving your body.

Well that's what I thought till I turned 12 and stopped believing in such non-sense Smiling

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a religion, and he'll starve to death praying for fish." - Anonymous
"If God doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." -Anonymous