Well i got a new shirt...

Adroit
atheist
Adroit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well i got a new shirt...

I felt like i needed to redo my wardrobe after a year of not wearing all the christian clothes in my closet. I don't care for brand name stuff so i bought some shirts from bands i like and bought a shirt that said 

Smile!
      O   O
     \____/

There is no hell!

Well as i saw coming people did not like this. I usually believe that i should prevent problems from starting but this is just unfair that they wear God shirts all the time and most people who disagree think "meh, they can wear what they want." yet somehow they find that my shirt is unacceptable.

It might be a small problem but it represents a much bigger problem.

I'm first of all suprised and somewhat disgusted.

I'm at a loss for words and when someone says "yes there is" at first i was kinda dumbfounded and didnt really think of anything clever to say.

By the end of the day i was replying like this... to comments like this.

*reads shirt* "Yes there is"

"got any evidence?"

"you'll see"

"Is that a threat?"

-continue to our classes.

I'm kinda new to being open about atheism. I'm not aggressive about it... I'm less agressive than i was as a christian.

Am i handling it wrong? is the shirt to bold? what are your opinions?

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have the same shirt! Cute

I have the same shirt! Cute little

I have had several double takes by people...not sure if they are looking at the shirt or my boobs...

...nobody has said anything yet...

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I have a shirt that says in

I have a shirt that says in large letters on the front, "DEMON".

Once I had to go pick up my daughter at a church and I was wearing it.  A guy was walking into the church a ways a head of me and he turned to glance at me when he was opening the door.

Then he does the ol' double take.

Eh.  Pansies the lot of them.  Poor, tender souls.  So easily offended.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Thoughts ? Yeah, you are

Thoughts ? Yeah, you are "saved", you are Atheist. 

Hell and Devil are of course also symbolic words I do use. Hell: the place the living exist due to wrong thinking, individually or collectively. Devil: is the demon in a person of wrong thinking, like idol worship, separatism, religious patriotism of a prejudiced nature etc.

LOL, be safe, be peace.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Cute Renee, it might read as

Cute Renee, it might read as a flirtatious sexual freedom invitation. In all regards, I like it.

Adroit
atheist
Adroit's picture
User is offlineOffline
hehehe i loved it when i saw

hehehe i loved it when i saw it... had to buy it.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Adroit wrote:Am i handling

Adroit wrote:
Am i handling it wrong?

No. You're doing it right, imo.

Adroit wrote:
is the shirt to bold?

Hell no !

Adroit wrote:
what are your opinions?

Are you really surprised by those reactions ? Really, it could be worse, right ? Someone goes "yes there is", just go "no there isn't", give them a big smile and that's the end of it.
Of course, I have no idea where you go to school, but is it really such a big problem ?

ps: I wants that shirt. Where can I get one ?

Adroit
atheist
Adroit's picture
User is offlineOffline
well i stated that i saw it

well i stated that i saw it coming... im not suprised i just never thought of what the right way to respond would be.

as for where you get the shirt, there are many versions. I got mine from cafepress.com

just google smile there is no hell and youll find some different versions

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Adroit wrote:well i stated

Adroit wrote:

well i stated that i saw it coming... im not suprised i just never thought of what the right way to respond would be.

as for where you get the shirt, there are many versions. I got mine from cafepress.com

just google smile there is no hell and youll find some different versions

I would love a RRS flag to put on the flagpole outside the house I am moving into, but, considering the demographic of the neighborhood, it wouldn't suprise me if some morons trashed my house.

I actually would have 3 flagpoles to cause confusion.

1. American flag

2. RRS flag

3. Washington Redskins flag (at risk of ticking off Sapient...he knows)

The dichotomy of the three is I love America(American flag) RRS  flag(I don't believe in superstitious fiction) Redskins flag(Delusionally hopefull that someday the Skins can stop sucking huge donkey balls)

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Hey, if there is any doubt

Hey, if there is any doubt that atheists can make a difference, and not to sound like a Hallmark card, I recently took into work the cat photo posted on this site to show to my co-workers.

"I used to believe in ur God, but I eated him" the picture of the cat licking his chops. The reaction was just what someone should expect when label is not an issue, most of my co-workers thought the cat was cute and is what they commented on. Some got it, even though they were theists and said, "That is you". But, none of my Christian co workers demanded that I get fired for blaspheming their god.

Even my mom, a Catholic got it, and laughed.

My point is humanity is not us vs them, and as absurd as theists are in their claims(not just Christians) they still have three eyes and 4 legs just like us kitten BBQers.

And if they confront me, I remind them that I know where they keep their pets!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Subdi Visions
Bronze Member
Subdi Visions's picture
User is offlineOffline
Adroit wrote:Am i handling

Adroit wrote:

Am i handling it wrong? is the shirt to bold? what are your opinions?

Only you will know if the shirt is to bold.

Does it reflect your view of reality? Do you wish to express that view to others that do not agree with your reality? Are you able to handle the "love" christian tards direct your way on viewing your expression.

Of course they will be hostile, you are calling them out on their make believe delusions of eternity. I think I'd thank them for their input and attempt to ignore them. I don't think ignoring them totally would work as you are making a statement to begin with. They are just responding to you. If you are going to wear shirts that make a statement you should be prepared for the retarded comments that are going to directed at you.

I use way to many words to say stuff. Sorry bout that.

Respectfully,
Lenny

"The righteous rise, With burning eyes, Of hatred and ill-will
Madmen fed on fear and lies, To beat and burn and kill"
Witch Hunt from the album Moving Pictures. Neal Pert, Rush