Why not be SATANist?

Amoron.
Amoron.'s picture
User is offlineOffline
Why not be SATANist?

When, i was younger, i belived in god, i thought he was real, ha funny right?, anyway, well, i was stll young so i didnt really focuse (excuse my spelling) but now people are always talking about god more as i get older, like "he will save you" "you will be a better person" im sure all of us had heard the same thing, but then i thought about SATAN, i thought since my life sucks so much satan must be in controll so then i started noticing him more, I GUESS YOU CAN SAY, I WORSHIPED SATAN, but, ya, idk what i am now. hahaha.! Laughing out loud anyway WHAT ABOUT SATANIST YOU GUYS?????

ITS ALL, the behavior of humans.

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Imaginary friends

I guess it doesn't matter what name you give your imaginary friends, they are all imaginary.  Good, bad it doesn't matter.  This character is another part of the King James version of a make believe world.  Possibly used to scare people into being good little boys and girls.  IMO...  which really doesn't matter here.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Most actual Satanists (ie

Most actual Satanists (ie members of the Church of Satan or Levayan Satanists) don't actually believe in Satan. They are actually atheists who just do it for the lulz or to piss off Christards.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Waiting for Oblivion
Waiting for Oblivion's picture
User is offlineOffline
As Mat said, LaveYan

As Mat said, LaveYan satanism, the official church of satan, is an atheistic phylosophy, not a religion, they chose the name satanism because they wanted to piss christians and because, as Gilmore said, in ancient Hebrew, it means adversary, oposer, one to accuse or question. And they are the adversarys, oposers and accusers of all spiritual belief systems that will try to hamper enjoyment of our life as a human being.

Amoron.
Amoron.'s picture
User is offlineOffline
isee

isee

AmericanIdle
User is offlineOffline
I've never much cared for

I've never much cared for the idea of trading one silly, ridiculous myth for another.

And, it has been my experience, that a thoughtful & well read atheist can often cause the religious to question the validity of their beliefs.

It's also my experience that an atheist who wears the label "satanist" has the opposite reaction on the religious and tends to actually re-inforce the delusion, since this falls right into their ridiculous belief system.  

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Ditto on the Lavey

Ditto on the Lavey Satanists. 

I'd say 90% or more of the Satanists out there use Satan as a metaphor for something that is in opposition to the bible.  They don't actually believe a Satan exists or worship Satan, he's simply a figure to represent their anti-Jesus stance. 

Here are the principles from wikipedia...

The Nine Satanic Statements

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
  2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
  3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
  4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates!
  5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
  6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!
  7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!
  8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
  9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
  2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
  3. When in another’s lair, show them respect or else do not go there.
  4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
  5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
  6. Do not take that which does not belong to you, unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
  7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
  8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
  9. Do not harm little children.
  10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
  11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them. 

The Nine Satanic Sins

1. Stupidity — The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.
  2. Pretentiousness — Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. This is on equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.
  3. Solipsism — Projecting your reactions, responses, and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are can be very dangerous for Satanists. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won’t. Instead, Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do unto you.” It’s work for most of us, and requires constant vigilance, lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As it has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.
  4. Self-deceit — It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements”, but deserves to be repeated here. It is another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred vows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!
  5. Herd Conformity — That’s obvious from a Satanic stance. It’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely, instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.
  6. Lack of perspective — Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain for a Satanist. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints: Know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.
  7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies — Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.
  8. Counterproductive Pride — That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: If it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.
  9. Lack of Aesthetics — This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time, so they are discouraged in a consumer society; but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing: It’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
common sense

They seem like a bunch of common sense indulging motherfuckers... I bet they throw great parties.

I look awful in red though.

Kay Cat
Superfan
Kay Cat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:They seem

Rich Woods wrote:

They seem like a bunch of common sense indulging motherfuckers... I bet they throw great parties.

I look awful in red though.

1. Lack of Aesthetics — This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time, so they are discouraged in a consumer society; but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing: It’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.

that's been covered.

Vote for McCain... www.therealmccain.com ...and he'll bring Jesus back

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Why not be a Satanist?

Why not be a Satanist? Because it's like a private joke: no one will get it. As far as Christians are concerned, you'd be affirming their prejudices, and the idea that Satan is just an abstract symbol would not be grokked.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
this is actually really

this is actually really interesting... i had no idea - when i was growing up our pastor used to tell us atheists were satanists - i guess there's some truth behind that.  although, i always thought he meant that either you worshiped god or the devil but not believing at all was not an option.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Yeah to all that , go

Yeah to all that , go Satanists .... fuck god of abe ....

Amoron.
Amoron.'s picture
User is offlineOffline
ya

ya

Fire
Fire's picture
User is offlineOffline
Satanism is far too close to

Satanism is far too close to the philosophy of Ayn Rand for my taste with mysticism thrown in for the sake of irl trolling. I am more of a secular humanist.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Ahhh, I am a fan of killing

Ahhh, I am a fan of killing god of abe by any peaceful means. All battle plans welcomed .... Shout at the real devil , that god of abe , go all  Motley Crue  ' ssssss 

Amoron.
Amoron.'s picture
User is offlineOffline
okkkkkkkk

okkkkkkkk

stillmatic
stillmatic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Amoron. wrote:When, i was

Amoron. wrote:

When, i was younger, i belived in god, i thought he was real, ha funny right?, anyway, well, i was stll young so i didnt really focuse (excuse my spelling) but now people are always talking about god more as i get older, like "he will save you" "you will be a better person" im sure all of us had heard the same thing, but then i thought about SATAN, i thought since my life sucks so much satan must be in controll so then i started noticing him more, I GUESS YOU CAN SAY, I WORSHIPED SATAN, but, ya, idk what i am now. hahaha.! Laughing out loud anyway WHAT ABOUT SATANIST YOU GUYS?????

Satan doesn't exist. Neither does God.

Is english your first language?

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." -- former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien

Amoron.
Amoron.'s picture
User is offlineOffline
stillmatic wrote:Amoron.

stillmatic wrote:

Amoron. wrote:

um ya

Kay Cat
Superfan
Kay Cat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Amoron. wrote:stillmatic

Amoron. wrote:

stillmatic wrote:

Amoron. wrote:

um ya

That begs the question: are you an eighth grader like your profile states? If so, that makes me sad to think English isn't being taught.

Waiting for Oblivion
User is offlineOffline
I used to be somewhat like

I used to be somewhat like her whem I was newbie to the internets, that was betwen 12-13, and now I'm 15 going 16, so, I think that in a year or two the way she talks will improve.

Amoron.
Amoron.'s picture
User is offlineOffline
i dohave english in school,

i dohave english in school, im 13 years old, and im very mature for my age, please dont judge me until you know me thanks,(((( KAY CAT.))))

Amoron.
Amoron.'s picture
User is offlineOffline
thanks

thanks

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Amoron. wrote:i dohave

Amoron. wrote:
i dohave english in school, im 13 years old, and im very mature for my age, please dont judge me until you know me thanks,(((( KAY CAT.))))
Your English is very poor, hon. Communications skills and language skills aren't something one has to take time to "get to know" - they are obvious from the start.

No one is judging your personality, and no one is claiming you can't improve your communications skills. No need to be angry or hurt about the truth.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Amoron.
Amoron.'s picture
User is offlineOffline
I didn't know we were

I didn't know we were talking about grammar, on this site.

Amoron.
Amoron.'s picture
User is offlineOffline
That begs the question:

Kay Cat wrote:

That begs the question: are you an eighth grader like your profile states? If so, that makes me sad to think English isn't being taught.

ALSO, kay cat,

They do teach english/grammar in my school, It doesnt matter how im saying these things, its what the meaning of my opinions are resulting.

[mod edit: quote function]

Kay Cat
Superfan
Kay Cat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Amoron. wrote: That begs

Amoron. wrote:

Kay Cat wrote:

ALSO, kay cat,

They do teach english/grammar in my school, It doesnt matter how im saying these things, its what the meaning of my opinions are resulting.

I wasn't attacking you, I'm concerned by your lack of cohesion. That lack of cohesion gives me the impression English isn't being taught properly where you are at, if it is being taught at all. My concern over your language skills doesn't equal me attacking you  because your language skills are lacking.

Also, how you write does affect how people perceive you whether you will it to do so or not. Caring less about whether people comprehend you or not does have serious consequences in life.

[mod edit: quote function]

Nikolaj
Superfan
Nikolaj's picture
User is offlineOffline
[/quote=Kay Cat] I'm

Kay Cat wrote:
I'm concerned by your lack of cohesion

Now I'm not a native English speaker myself, so my impression of Amoron's linguistic cohension may be a bit off, but I have worked extensively with children her age, and to be honest I think she comes across as a fairly normal 13 year old. Both in her spelling, her cohesion, and the things she's posting about.

I think we are just taken a little aback because the average age of the posters here is closer to my age (27).

Amoron is the first 13 year old I've seen here at least.

Give her a break, she's young.

And to Amoron:

Welcome to the forums. Good to have you here. I think you should take a moment to consider, before starting more posts, because while I think it's perfectly allright that you have alot of things on your mind, you are currently flooding the boards with alot of long threads that aren't really saying much.

This is a message board, and not a chatroom, and small, whimsical threads, where you often answer just: "ya" in response will quickly clog up the boards.

There are chatrooms here on RRS as well that you can visit if you just wanna make smalltalk, and if you post here, you should probably take a little more time with the posts you make, and give them a little more thought.

Just for reference, I usually spend at least ten minutes composing something, when I write on these boards.

It gives me time to consider things like:

- Have I spelled everything more or less correctly, and re-read what I've written, so I am fairly certain people will understand what I'm saying?

- Is what I'm saying even relevant to the discussion, or should I simply leave it out, or wait for another discussion to pop up, where these thoughts will be more relevant?

Just take this into consideration. Trust me, you'll learn to be a good poster, with a little patience.

Thanks for considering this, and again, welcome to the forums.

Well I was born an original sinner
I was spawned from original sin
And if I had a dollar bill for all the things I've done
There'd be a mountain of money piled up to my chin

Waiting for Oblivion
User is offlineOffline
I'm pretty sure that if you

I'm pretty sure that if you follow Nikolaj's advice you will "master" forum posting much more faster than I did, and not through idiocity and humiliaion, like I did.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Umm, I AM in a heap of

Umm, I AM in a heap of trouble! ....     

Glad that you are here, "Just the way you are" ...... clever Amoron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAw_gJ6wS44&feature=related

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
i have but 1

i have but 1 question...

did we name her, or did she name herself?... either way...

Fire
Fire's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't think it is so much

I don't think it is so much that English is not being taught. As 13 year old, her social circle are going to be people her age and she is likely conditioned by talking to them over text messages and instant messengers, which is likely the extent of her writing experience outside of writing things for class.

Amoron, we understand and welcome you to our community but be mindful that your words are your weapons on a discussion forum and you should be mindful of the care you put into them.

stillmatic
stillmatic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Amoron. wrote:I didn't know

Amoron. wrote:

I didn't know we were talking about grammar, on this site.

Grammar and punctuation are always important. People are lazy and I'm not going to spend 5 minutes trying to figure out what someone is trying to get across if they aren't going to spend 5 seconds to format it so that it's readable.

Anyways, welcome to the site.

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." -- former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Basically, this is a forum,

Basically, this is a forum, not a text message. As a teen myself, I sometimes wonder what happened to the English language as my counterparts 'tlk lyk dis lol bt dnt jdge me jst coz i haz da spelin of a drnk idot.'

Don't post one word replies,and if you do make sure they're spelt right.

Other than that, Welcome.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

mohammed
mohammed's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Most

MattShizzle wrote:

Most actual Satanists (ie members of the Church of Satan or Levayan Satanists) don't actually believe in Satan. They are actually atheists who just do it for the lulz or to piss off Christards.

Since "Levayan Satanists" do not believe in Satan it doesn't seem logical that they could be true Satanist. I have met a few people that really believe in Satan and really worship that mythical character.  Anyway if you believe in Satan from the King James Bible how could you sanely pick the loosing side? seems ludicrous to me. You would have to be a very confused person in my opinion.

A major flaw with "believers" is they like to cherry pick things to believe out of a SET of beliefs (i.e the bible) and that just doesn't make sense either.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
mohammed wrote:Anyway if you

mohammed wrote:

Anyway if you believe in Satan from the King James Bible how could you sanely pick the loosing side? seems ludicrous to me. You would have to be a very confused person in my opinion.

What the hell is your definition of LOSE?...

Ruler of Hell... check

Gatherer of Infinitely Damned Souls... check

Overlord of Horrors Beyond Reckoning... check

Come rapture, soon to be Ruler of the Mortal Plane...

You know the 1 thing Satan doesnt get in time? Heaven... so tell me, who loses again?

Satan: I HAZ ALL JOOR COOKIES!!!

God: Fine... but im keeping this banana

What Would Kharn Do?

Hmac
Hmac's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:What

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Ruler of Hell... check

You know the 1 thing Satan doesnt get in time? Heaven... so tell me, who loses again?

One other thing (according to the buybull) Satan doesn't get is out of the lake of fire.

'S OK, though. I have it on good authority that the FSM will rescue Satan and make him co-manager of the beer volcano.

Susac
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Amoron, You are not a

Amoron,

You are not a moron.  You can see that there are things going on in your life that are fucked up.  Right now, I am less concerned with you're belief than I am in your happiness.

You seem pretty unhappy to me.  I want you to know that you deserve happiness.  Not because of who you worship, but because of who you ARE.  You are a human being.  You are the most complex and amazing thing in the universe.  You are conscious and aware, and that's the best trick the universe has been able to do in 15 billion years!

I know your life sucks right now, but I want you to keep a few things in mind:

1)  All things in this universe are temporary.  Even the stars and galaxies.  You can count on the fact that you problems and pain are also temporary.

2)  You are deserving of love.  This sounds like a nice platitude, but let's get serious here - human being have evolved love as a way of bonding with each other.  If you are self-aware enough to be asking the questions you are asking, then you are self-aware enough to realize that you are SURROUNDED by people who want to love you, even if you don't feel it right now.

3)  Satan is a fantasy, but he is a negative fantasy.  If your life is so hard, do yourself the favor of staying away from the negative fantasies.  I know that if you have been taught to believe in magical beings, that it is easy to attribute your pain to them, but the truth is that all our lives have pain in them.  Pain has a purpose:  It's there to tell us that something is wrong and that it's time to get to work figuring out what it is.

4)  Share your pain with the people around you!  You will be surprised.  People want to hear your woes!  Showing people how you are hurt will make them feel closer to you and more protective and loving besides.  But be careful.  You need to find someone safe to share with.

Satan is a character in a story.  But he's not a happy character, and it's not a happy story.  If you are in a fragile state, it's best to keep your mind on the positive things you have going for you.  Trust your native intelligence and resourcefulness.  You have a lot more going for you than you realize, You are pretty, young, literate, living in a wealthy society, and smart enough to think for yourself.  That's a LOT more than many people have going for them.  The challenge is in figuring out how to put those resources to use.

If you are hurting.  Try reaching out for love and support.  It always works for me.

I hope this helps.

Amoron.
Amoron.'s picture
User is offlineOffline
Im sure it will help.

Im sure it will help.

mohammed
mohammed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hmac wrote:The Doomed Soul

Hmac wrote:

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Ruler of Hell... check

One other thing (according to the buybull) Satan doesn't get is out of the lake of fire.

'S OK, though. I have it on good authority that the FSM will rescue Satan and make him co-manager of the beer volcano.

Exactly, Satan looses because he is thrown into the lake of fire. the end.  hence he looses. simple really. taking someone else's fairy tale and changing it to your liking doesn't make it anymore true. it's still BS. like i said Believers love to cherry pick...

Do you really think worshiping a fictional character that takes pleasure in torture etc is HEALTHY THINKING?

Hmac
Hmac's picture
User is offlineOffline
mohammed wrote: Do you

mohammed wrote:

Do you really think worshiping a fictional character that takes pleasure in torture etc is HEALTHY THINKING?

No! That's why I don't worship ANY fictional characters.

mohammed
mohammed's picture
User is offlineOffline
oops that was supposed to be

oops that was supposed to be directed at "the doomed soul" lol!

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
mohammed wrote: Exactly,

mohammed wrote:

Exactly, Satan looses because he is thrown into the lake of fire. the end.  .

Right... because controlling existence from a metaphysical seat of power... never able to venture into the mortal world... is losing

Every god in history is gonna be REAL pissed when they hear about that

mohammed wrote:

hence he looses. simple really. taking someone else's fairy tale and changing it to your liking doesn't make it anymore true.it's still BS. like i said Believers love to cherry pick...

This is not me changing anything, this is clearly layed out by the christians of what will happen... they wouldnt even dispute it o_O thats the scarey part.

mohammed wrote:

...not unless its RICHARD!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcbazH6aE2g

besides... can you really talk to ME about mental health and keep a straight face?

What Would Kharn Do?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Amoron. wrote:i

Amoron. wrote:

i dohave

english in school, im 13 years old, and im very mature for my age, please dont judge me until you know me thanks,(((( KAY CAT.))))

This site is much busier than our sister site so feel free to hang around here, but in case you haven't seen it we've set up a site just for teens to congregate with other freethinking teens.  You can access it by going to www.freethinkingteens.com or http://teens.rationalresponders.com

The login and password you use to get on this site is the exact same for that site.  Snoop around over there, and help keep it going.

lisp777
User is offlineOffline
A very simple reason not to

A very simple reason not to be a Satanist, if you have somewhat mainstream moral values, is that Satanism is morally reprehensible.

In my personal opinion, which you are free to choose for yourself how much you want to take into consideration, Satanism (the Lavey one) is a poorly dressed up idolization of a caricature of Nietzsche's Ûbermensch. It is a very elitist philosophy with no sympathy for the less capable or less fortunate and one that elevates the carnality of man to undeserved heights. More of a 'heavy drinking and orgies' than a 'silent contemplation and stargazing' philosophy.

Except for my value judgments, I don't think many Laveyn Satanists would disagree with this description.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
lisp777 wrote:It is a very

lisp777 wrote:

It is a very elitist philosophy with no sympathy for the less capable or less fortunate and one that elevates the carnality of man to undeserved heights. More of a 'heavy drinking and orgies' than a 'silent contemplation and stargazing' philosophy.

...wait... what was the downside again?

What Would Kharn Do?

Confutatis Male...
Confutatis Maledictis's picture
User is offlineOffline
lisp777 wrote:A very simple

lisp777 wrote:

A very simple reason not to be a Satanist, if you have somewhat mainstream moral values, is that Satanism is morally reprehensible.

In my personal opinion, which you are free to choose for yourself how much you want to take into consideration, Satanism (the Lavey one) is a poorly dressed up idolization of a caricature of Nietzsche's Ûbermensch. It is a very elitist philosophy with no sympathy for the less capable or less fortunate and one that elevates the carnality of man to undeserved heights. More of a 'heavy drinking and orgies' than a 'silent contemplation and stargazing' philosophy.

Except for my value judgments, I don't think many Laveyn Satanists would disagree with this description.

As a former Catholic School student who embraced LaVeyan Satanism at one point, I would disagree with you.

If you're going to drag Nietzsche into this, at least post the analogy that is best suited for this.  Not the übermensch, but the Master morality from On the Genealogy.. is the better one.  The übermensch is an idea that "man is something to be overcome" and encompasses the idea that life is worth living if you're constantly overcoming something and becoming better.

The Master morality is closer to what you mean here.  It's all about doing what's best for yourself alone.  Of course our analogy could end there and it could be construed as "very elitist".  But Nietzsche himself says that "what's best for you" can be completely different depending who you are and where you are, and if sympathy for others works for you, then do it.  Most LaVeyan Satanists wouldn't help others for the hell of it (sorry), but in order to show their own excess of power or to help themselves gain more power (by gaining the respect of others).  Not necessarily elitist, but selfish, certainly.  But who's to say that's a bad thing?

I would say that LaVeyan Satanism is equally repellant to Christians as atheism is.  Depending on who you talk to, some Christians feel that they must argue with a Satanist, whereas an atheist is more common and easier to ignore.  Being ignored doesn't help our cause.

If all else fails, if all turns to dust, set sail on a ship built from trust.

mohammed
mohammed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Satanist, Christians,

Satanist, Christians, Muslims etc are all full of it. and by it i mean shit.  To me being a Satanist takes a person that is a bit more naive though. Satanism = A belief system that is made from another belief system to be rebellious. pffft! crap! not surprising though LaVey's biography describes dropping out of High School to join the circus and carnivals, first as a roustabout and cage boy in an act with the big cats, later as a musician playing the calliope. Becoming a local celebrity through his paranormal research and live performances as an organist. His whole life was a circus act that the naive bought into. i mean look at him lol! what a joke.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
mohammed wrote:Satanist,

mohammed wrote:

Satanist, Christians, Muslims etc are all full of it. and by it i mean shit.  To me being a Satanist takes a person that is a bit more naive though. Satanism = A belief system that is made from another belief system to be rebellious. pffft! crap! not surprising though LaVey's biography describes dropping out of High School to join the circus and carnivals, first as a roustabout and cage boy in an act with the big cats, later as a musician playing the calliope. Becoming a local celebrity through his paranormal research and live performances as an organist. His whole life was a circus act that the naive bought into. i mean look at him lol! what a joke.

...ohhhh... whats it called again when some one cant find a problem with the arguement and is forced to mock the opposing side?

well... when in Rome...

LaVey dropped out of high school, joined the circus, fought tigers and lions, AND then created his own religion... wtf have you done with your life?

See how it fails? See Fail, fail... fail Fail, fail

Edit: and plz... plz... try to mock with some style from now on... i cannot abide lazy humor -_-

What Would Kharn Do?

mohammed
mohammed's picture
User is offlineOffline
You think someone creating a

You think someone creating a religion is a big deal? Kids create their own make believe world everyday when going outside to play. But when they GROW UP they don't try to live in it still. i guess you are going to tell me ghost are real soon. typing fail over and over seems like a logical argument too. keep that up and you will win a prize I'm sure!

P.S "his" religion was not made entirely by him either. He stole most of it from Christianity! So much for being original... Without Christianity his religion would not exist!

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
mohammed wrote:You think

mohammed wrote:

You think someone creating a religion is a big deal? Kids create their own make believe world everyday when going outside to play. But when they GROW UP they don't try to live in it still. i guess you are going to tell me ghost are real soon.

No, but i am going to tell you that getting paid for it is really... REALLY... fuckin cool ^_^

mohammed wrote:

typing fail over and over seems like a logical argument too. keep that up and you will win a prize I'm sure!

See Dog, see Dog run, run Dog run

I wasnt just saying fail over and over... notice the capitalization?

It allowed me to use Fail as a name, an action... AND use it over and over ^_^ its made of total Win  

mohammed wrote:

P.S "his" religion was not made entirely by him either. He stole most of it from Christianity! So much for being original... Without Christianity his religion would not exist!

Name 1 religion that did not draw from a previous... (ya ya, infinite regression is a bitch)

What Would Kharn Do?

Confutatis Male...
Confutatis Maledictis's picture
User is offlineOffline
mohammed wrote:You think

mohammed wrote:

You think someone creating a religion is a big deal? Kids create their own make believe world everyday when going outside to play. But when they GROW UP they don't try to live in it still. i guess you are going to tell me ghost are real soon. typing fail over and over seems like a logical argument too. keep that up and you will win a prize I'm sure!

I'm not sure I understand.  How is the way he lived his life and what he believed like a child making up their own make-believe world?

Also, I'd love to see where he stole most of his "religion" from Christianity.  Many times in his book he mentions how, instead of being a religion in opposition to Christianity, it is a freestanding alternative.  He mocks those who fight religion by creating religions, and instead seems content to do his own thing above the fray.  I can provide quotes to back that up, if you want; I'd like to see where your seemingly knee-jerk reactions are coming from as well.

If all else fails, if all turns to dust, set sail on a ship built from trust.