Good one!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
MattShizzle wrote:Good

MattShizzle wrote:

Good one!

Brian Sapient was the first to attempt to turn me on to rap when I visited him in Philly quite a few years ago. I was never much into it. But being a Metallica fan, I understand the off beat motif.

"Blackened" by Metallica was a song about how humans were destroying the environment.

I think what Brian is doing by incorperating skeptical thinking into rap is brilliant.

It makes me much more apreacieative of motifs of music that I am not used to.  Our long time friend in the atheist community Hillbilly Atheist even introduced me to country songs that were skeptical of the supernatural.

I think rap is one approach, but if anyone out there forming a band wants to get an edge on pop culture, don't dismiss the motif if you are a skeptic, embrace it. Just add your skepticism to what is already selling.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
puissant

puissant

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Rapping , "god is your

Rapping , "god is your imagination"   

Yep ," imagination", and that is what god is , therefore god exists, but if we knew it all , it would not be .... So this day god is, BUT who would make god dogma shit up, about this god thing?   Fuck all gods of all dogmatic religions .... of all separatism.

And the beat goes on, FUCK  Abe's God and all that shit, muther fucker, NO Master

Oldie but goodie , rap meets metal ....     FUCK DOGMA ..... "RAGE AGAINST ...." 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNzIKoAy2pk&feature=related

God of Abe      

How about a love song too ? ....   

Atheismseriousb...
Theist
User is offlineOffline
[image]Image:Hitlerpot.jpg[im

[image]Image:Hitlerpot.jpg[image]

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Now your trolling

wow you get pissy quickly and so easily. what a wanker

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
It's "Helter Skelter"

It's "Helter Skelter" time,  ahh, never mind .... so sad, all the suffering.