Focus on the morons

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Focus on the morons

Many of you know about the PR crap Focus On The Moron's "pray for rain" garbage pulled a couple weeks ago. It was the fundy call for rain at Obama's acceptance speech since it is being held at an outdoor stadium.

NOW, these idiots are saying it was a "spoof" not ment to be taken seriously.

Maybe someone pointed out to these idiots that Christians praying for rain is just as idiotic as when white America long ago poked fun at Native American "rain dances".

I think these morons were very serious and when called on it backpeddled. I am not calling them on their BULLSHIT for politically correct reasons. I think they realized how stupid they were being and were trying to save face.

Let me make it clear to the "Focus On The Morons", praying for rain is stupid. It was stupid when the Ancient Egyptians did it and just as stupid as when virgins were thrown into volcanos to placate the gods.

Daddy doesn't care where one drop of rain falls because daddy is fiction. But if you think for one instance your sudden, "I was just joking" crap is going to work, I am fully aware that you also believe that disimbodied beings magicly knock up girls. But don't worry, I find your prayer for rain as credible as thinking that one will get 72 virgins in an afterlife.

I am not fooled. Focus on the Morons really wants you to believe that by putting your hands together, muck like kissing rabbits feet for luck, somehow a drop of rain will prevent a negro liberal from oppressing gawed fearen whitey. "I was just kidding" wont wash. You were serious and you know it, and now you know you look like fools you are back peddling.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Brian,Could that be

Brian,

Could that be interpreted as a death threat against Obama? After all, speaking in the rain contributed to the demise of William Henry Harrison.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Brian,Could

jcgadfly wrote:

Brian,

Could that be interpreted as a death threat against Obama? After all, speaking in the rain contributed to the demise of William Henry Harrison.

No I don't. I am quite sure in all my years as an atheist I have run into plenty of theists who hate what I say and "wish" that I would go away, but would not act out in violence or advocate violence.

I just think they are retarded assholes who don't realize how stupid they sound, and are now trying to save face because they got called on it.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:jcgadfly

Brian37 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Brian,

No I don't. I am quite sure in all my years as an atheist I have run into plenty of theists who hate what I say and "wish" that I would go away, but would not act out in violence or advocate violence.

I just think they are retarded assholes who don't realize how stupid they sound, and are now trying to save face because they got called on it.

'Twas meant in jest - at least in part. I wouldn't object too strenuously if Dobson's crew just went away though.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Focus on the morons

I do not prey for rain; atheist you know, (shrugs)  But I can leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed you to the promised land as only, and I say ONLY Reverand Jim can (waves a bible).   Can I have an amen for the holey word?

(choir: AAAAAA,   I say AAAAAAAAMen.   

WE will now recite the LOOOO-   ards praaaaa----your, in a way  designed not to offend anyones, sensibilits.   Can I hear an amen for seeeeens--ablities?

(Choir:   No.)

Hour!      father,  mother, sister, brother an those who are not sure.     Who art (or not)  in heaven,   hell, Velhalla, Mt.Olympus or Soutwest Cleaveland,  hollowed be thy name,  thy rank,  thy serial number.  Thy kingdom, dukedom  earldom, half acre suburban tract come  (or not),  thy  will,  be done;  pending negotiations with union reps and labor ministry effoffs. On earth as it is in heaven, hell, velhalla, southwest Cleaveland,  Northern Alberta, or any state that voted red in the last election.

Leeeeeeeeeeeed us not into temptation;    we can get there just fine by ourselves-but thanks for offering.   And deliver us from eeeeeevil;    but take your time.   We  should realy get to know evil  before we go off ignorin' it all together

Give us this day our daily  white bread, brown bread, whole wheat, pompernickel, or rye; toasted:  one side only, with an order of fries and a small coke to go---------hold the mayo.

Forgive  us our tresspasses,  but not nescisarilly those who screw ME over, after all if I am not ready to forgive the s.o.b. there is no reason to worry your head over it eather.   Can I hear an amen.

(choir:  No.)

FOUR!!!!!!!!   (golf stroke)    Thyne    IS the kingdom,   dukedum,   earldom,   split level  half acre---sub devided housing plot in the suburbs-----near schools and shopping malls;   aaahh--meeeen.

Can I hear an AAAAhhh---meeeeen?

(Choir: sortta)

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Be funny if it rained on the

Be funny if it rained on the Republican Convention instead. Even funnier would be if on the next Focus on the Fucktards meeting there was a hurricane or tornado.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Brian37

jcgadfly wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Brian,

'Twas meant in jest - at least in part. I wouldn't object too strenuously if Dobson's crew just went away though.

The key to not oppressing others is realizing that part of human empathy is wanting to bitch about things that piss you off, and recognizing that people will bitch about you.

Political correctness is the bastion of the insecure and by any label leads to fascism.

Kay Cat
Superfan
Kay Cat's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Be funny

MattShizzle wrote:

Be funny if it rained on the Republican Convention instead. Even funnier would be if on the next Focus on the Fucktards meeting there was a hurricane or tornado.

No it won't. I'm going up to Saint Paul for that, amongst other things. Saint Paul Mayor Chris Coleman is pulling out all the stops for the big protest and I don't want to be rained out while the rethugs there are ensconced in the Xcel Center, out of the rain.

Vote for McCain... www.therealmccain.com ...and he'll bring Jesus back

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I'd rather see the tornado

I'd rather see the tornado on the fundies anyway. Still, the rain would also get Fred Phelps' crew (they're protesting BOTH conventions. )

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Kay Cat
Superfan
Kay Cat's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:I'd rather

MattShizzle wrote:

I'd rather see the tornado on the fundies anyway. Still, the rain would also get Fred Phelps' crew (they're protesting BOTH conventions. )

of course the enemy of my enemy rule doesn't apply here, still, I'll be up there by that date and I sure as fuck don't want to have to deal with rain or tornadoes along with the nutters.

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
Worst people. Ever.

Keith Olberman blasted them last night in no small part for the fact that many people are suffering from drought conditions, and in typical conservative shortsightedness these idiots petitioned god's good graces for what they refer to as a "boyish prank".

Keith Olberman rules.

"Faith, Faith is an island in the setting sun,
but proof, proof is the bottom line for everyone."
Proof, Paul Simon

Nothing this hard should taste so beefy.

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
Hmmm...

..."Focus On The Morons..."  Brian, if you ever get yourself an atheism-promoting radio show, you might want to keep that for a name for the show.  Just a thought.

Conor

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
Nutxaq wrote:

"Keith Olberman rules."

My $0.02: Yes.  Yes, he does.

Conor

Kay Cat
Superfan
Kay Cat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Conor Wilson wrote:..."Focus

Conor Wilson wrote:

..."Focus On The Morons..."  Brian, if you ever get yourself an atheism-promoting radio show, you might want to keep that for a name for the show.  Just a thought.

Conor

Mike Malloy calls that show Focus on the Freak Show already.

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
At first I read your post

At first I read your post and thought it said focus on the mormons, then I realized it said focus on the morons....... oh wait I forgot......... same people........ my bad.

I love these verses for angry hypocritical christians, kinda puts them in their place.

Proverbs: The Amplified Bible

17. Rejoice not when your enemy falls and not let your heart be glad when he stumbles or is overthrown.

18. Lest the lord see it and it be evil in his eyes and displease him and he turns away his wrath from him [to expend it on you, the worst offender].

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Cali_Athiest2 wrote:At first

Cali_Athiest2 wrote:

At first I read your post and thought it said focus on the mormons, then I realized it said focus on the morons....... oh wait I forgot......... same people........ my bad.

I love these verses for angry hypocritical christians, kinda puts them in their place.

17. Rejoice not when your enemy falls and not let your heart be glad when he stumbles or is overthrown.

18. Lest the lord see it and it be evil in his eyes and displease him and he turns away his wrath from him [to expend it on you, the worst offender].

You must see a different group of Christians than I do. The ones where I live would just say "Jesus did away with all that whenhe came to earth as a man and died for our sins, blah blah blah ad nauseum"

— George Carlin

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Since Focus on the Morons

Since Focus on the Morons wants to get political they probably should be scheduled for an IRS audit to see why their tax exempt status as a non-profit shouldn't be revoked. Actually anyone can file a complaint alleging a violation. I don't see how they can talk their way out of this one. They used resources of a non-profit nature to produce a video spoof or not advocating a political stance. To quote Stuart Shepard from the video, "You might ask, why would I pray for that? Well, I'm still pro-life. And I'm still in favor of marriage being only between one man and one woman. And I'd like the next President, who will select justices for the U.S. Supreme Court, to agree."

Complaints may be filed with the IRS on Form 13909 see here for form 13909.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Cali_Athiest2

jcgadfly wrote:

Cali_Athiest2 wrote:

You must see a different group of Christians than I do. The ones where I live would just say "Jesus did away with all that whenhe came to earth as a man and died for our sins, blah blah blah ad nauseum"

I see, disregard the OT when it's convenient as usual. Although it would still have be applicable because jesus told his followers to love their enemy. Reminds me of a post I read awhile back when someone asked if christians are supposed to love satan as well. I guess I need to find a conversation to work that into my next religious conversation with the fundies I work with haha.

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

Lyzandra Daria
atheist
Lyzandra Daria's picture
User is offlineOffline
Keith Olberman rules

nutxaq wrote:

Keith Olberman blasted them last night in no small part for the fact that many people are suffering from drought conditions, and in typical conservative shortsightedness these idiots petitioned god's good graces for what they refer to as a "boyish prank".

Keith Olberman rules.

Need I say more...he's my hero.

"Faith must have adequate evidence else it is mere superstition"...Alexander Hodge (1823-1886)

"A myth is a religion in which no one any longer believes"...James Feibleman (1904-1987)

Respectfully, Lyz

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Conor Wilson wrote:..."Focus

Conor Wilson wrote:

Conor

It is flattering that you should say that.  I did have a show on Infidel Guy's site for a while, two in fact. One where I was a co-host amongst 3 others called "BJ's & BS", and on that same site, my own individual show "Did I think that, or say it". BUT, alas, life happens and the constriegnts of life happen. Atheism in general hasn't hit Trump status yet.

Maybe someday if a cheap opportunity arises, and someone takes pity on my retched voice, I will scortch the eardrums  of countless human beings once again. Not from my loud volume, but from the excessive "WTF" response people would have. Am I full of myself? I certainly am full of something.